• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckle

Just ended. Stream was all single player (which I'm trying avoid for the most part until release).

Ugh. Was really hoping to finally get a good look at Multiplayer in action.

Crossing my fingers for some good footage from the floor.

Xando

Lot's of spoilers in that stream

Some things i noticed:

Jetpack + climbing makes the game look so much more fun
Human animations are really weird sometimes
Alien animations (especially Peebe) looking really good
The different combat roles give you some small effects to differentiate themselves (
Infiltrator goes invisible for 1-2 seconds when charging infront
)
Planet looked very big
Very interested in the enviroment mechanic and i hope they do more than "you have x seconds until you have to recharge" with it

A final note from Alec Ryder:

FCKTClE.jpg

It all begins here. We're at the starting line. The Nexus is ahead, the Hyperion's engines are prepped, and your stasis pods are waiting. There's only time for a few words, so I’ll be brief.

I know you’re nervous. There’s probably a cold sweat at the base of your spine now that the hard truth of a six hundred-year voyage is sinking in. Trust me, I know, because that's how I felt when we activated the Charon mass relay years ago. We stood together, staring into that bright blue light, not knowing where it was going to take us or if we'd even make it through alive.

It was the hardest step I've ever taken, but it took humanity farther than we could have ever imagined.

This is another step on humanity's great journey – the longest so far. We're leaping into the void. This time, there's no chance to turn back.

But we go forward. We take that step. Because we know that whatever fate waits for us beyond dark space, we dared to be first.

We'll leave footprints where no human has ever been. We'll breathe the air and drink the water of worlds we can't even imagine. We will lift our heads to the stars, and see the Milky Way from the outside for the very first time.

It begins today. We're ready. Humanity's future is waiting.

I’ll see you in Andromeda.

Alec Ryder, Pathfinder - Ark Hyperion
https://www.masseffect.com/en-gb/news/final-note-from-ryder

Vamphuntr

Preordered the Deluxe version on Origin since I wanted the soundtrack. Got a month of EA access to try it on the 16th. It better run much better than the specs requirement.

Circle T

Question for everyone here. I've been trying to avoid spoilers and all that, so apologies if this has been discussed.

What is the deal with the extra "Premium Packs" in the Super Deluxe version of the game? I never did any of the MP in ME3, so I don't know how the packs and all that work. It says, for the $30 extra cost, we would get, essentially, 20 extra packs. Is that good value? Are these usually $2-3 or something? Just wondering if the Super Deluxe version is worth it, or if the normal Deluxe is better?

It's hard to say if it's good value or not because we don't know what the pricing model for crates is (as far as I know) so we can't really answer that. If you're not interested in multiplayer I'd just get the regular deluxe.

Question for everyone here. I've been trying to avoid spoilers and all that, so apologies if this has been discussed.

What is the deal with the extra "Premium Packs" in the Super Deluxe version of the game? I never did any of the MP in ME3, so I don't know how the packs and all that work. It says, for the $30 extra cost, we would get, essentially, 20 extra packs. Is that good value? Are these usually $2-3 or something? Just wondering if the Super Deluxe version is worth it, or if the normal Deluxe is better?

I love Mass Effect 3 multi as much as anyone else here but even as someone really into it I would not for a second consider the super deluxe package. It's just too much of a black box. Save your money imo.

Buckle

A krogan with an arm mounted flamethrower and a jetpack. Best factual sentence I've ever had the pleasure of writing.

Christmas coming early next week I see.

Disker

I want the Deluxe edition, but there is NO store that sells it in the entire Netherlands.......

I don't want to go digital, o well, no pet pyjak for me, nor extra income for Bioware.

It's sad had all the Limited editions until this came along......

Circle T

I love Mass Effect 3 multi as much as anyone else here but even as someone really into it I would not for a second consider the super deluxe package. It's just too much of a black box. Save your money imo.

Thanks everyone. I'll just go with the regular Deluxe. Like was said, if they haven't announced the pricing of stuff, it's hard to say if it's "good" value or not. I really enjoy Horde/Firefight type of multiplayer modes, but yea, I'm not sure I'll get the full value out of that.

prag16

Banned
And I thought gaf was negative... the comments alongside the PAX twitch stream... may surpass the gaf negativity level.

I only watched a bit of it... I think I'm done watching prerelease materials now. Ready to just dive in. Still got Horizon to distract me until the time comes.

One thing I did catch that Mac said on the stream about the golden worlds was that
you may still be trying to settle some of those after all, just that it would take work to increase the "viability" instead of being able to just drop in and set up shop; so that "everything was a bust" comment could be misleading.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Don't stress too much about the spoken spoiler in the launch trailer:
I'm fairly certain the notion of the garden worlds being a hot mess on the initiative's arrival is an early established core premise for a significant portion of the plot

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Do we know if the big day one patch will be available during access?

I believe the day-one patch installed on my XB1 hard-drive today or yesterday according to recent updates/downloads, it was like 2 gigs or something like that? My installed game size is 42.1 gigs.

DOWN

Banned
Can someone remind me which DLC I can skip in ME2? I played them all before, but don't really feel like doing the weak ones. I will do Kasumi and LotSB. But what else? I think I read Overlord is the only other one that actually has a decision that carries to ME3?

kcp12304

Banned
Can someone remind me which DLC I can skip in ME2? I played them all before, but don't really feel like doing the weak ones. I will do Kasumi and LotSB. But what else? I think I read Overlord is the only other one that actually has a decision that carries to ME3?

Don't do those Hammer Head missions. Those are bad. Wasn't really a fan of Arrival though it ties into ME3. If you are short on time then maybe skip Overlord but I enjoyed that one. IIRC, there are cameos and war assets.

EatChildren

Finally put down the pre-order dollars. Now to await the early access trial.

DevilDog

You can skip the Hammerhead DLC missions for sure, but Arrival is mandatory because it's the only thing in ME2 that has a story relevant to the trilogy.

Overlord is a good DLC, though not mandatory to the story.

Also play lair of the shadow broker. It's great and explores the Liara character more.

X-Frame

I just watched some of the stream from yesterday and wow the banter and jokes at least in what they showed us was amazing.

Also, I would love some MP gameplay too, hopefully we can get some quality videos today or this weekend.

Maledict

You can skip the Hammerhead DLC missions for sure, but Arrival is mandatory because it's the only thing in ME2 that has a story relevant to the trilogy.

Overlord is a good DLC, though not mandatory to the story.

Also play lair of the shadow broker. It's great and explores the Liara character more.

I don't think Arrival is mandatory at all in fact, because it makes zero sense. You destroy the back door relay the reapers we're going to use to enter the galaxy, and they still turn up anyways. It made no difference to the events of the trilogy at all. I think you get a reference to a trial at the start of ME3 if you did arrival, but other than that there's no purpose to it at all.

It really felt like they got completely lost and screwed by how they decided to do ME3. I do get the impression that for a long time they weren't going to have the reapers actually turn up at the start of the game and destroy everything.

Spinx

Shepard delayed the reapers by six months. I call that a success. Suck it Batarians
KuGsj.gif

Without that delay Liara would not go to Mars and find out about the prothean weapon and the catalyst.

Vamphuntr

Is the early access the same download because preload for the game on Origin starts the 17th but early access the 16th. Already have the game preordered and paid there.

Xando

Is the early access the same download because preload for the game on Origin starts the 17th but early access the 16th. Already have the game preordered and paid there.
If you download the early access version it's the complete game and you can just continue on official release without redownloading it iirc

Tsukumo

I don't think Arrival is mandatory at all in fact, because it makes zero sense. You destroy the back door relay the reapers we're going to use to enter the galaxy, and they still turn up anyways. It made no difference to the events of the trilogy at all. I think you get a reference to a trial at the start of ME3 if you did arrival, but other than that there's no purpose to it at all.

It really felt like they got completely lost and screwed by how they decided to do ME3. I do get the impression that for a long time they weren't going to have the reapers actually turn up at the start of the game and destroy everything.

Pretty much. Arrival is actually completely irrelevant.

Mindlog

There's no stopping the eyebleeding colour scheme squads now.
Is that from the livestream or a player's doing?
Because if it was a player it increases the likelihood of knowing who it was lol. Where are all the Skittle, Starburst, Fruity Pebble, Teenage Mutant Ninja Krogan squads at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom