• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience is up for PS5 and Xbox X/S

Where PC?

538aq7.png

onQ123

So do we have a debate about if Keanu Reeves is real or in-engine like the old Hideo Kojima video?

Last edited:

Tschumi

I guess it'll be something like the unreal engine 5 reveal... I'm sure it'll be grand, but short like Lost Coast

Ezquimacore

Banned
They should do a matrix movie like that Black Mirror episode where you pick the path of the character. Or a telltale game.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
If the Mandalorian is any indicator, it's probably a set from the movie. Real high quality photorealistic assets. Dont know if you can explore them but in Mandalorian they use Unreal Engine to create a big 360 screen around the actors.

You could probably just look around without being able to move around.

Oh that would be pretty cool just to take a set from the movie and let you play around with it.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
If I had to guess I'll say it will probably end up looking about the same on all 3 consoles just different resolutions & maybe a few small details difference.
It will be interesting to see how ot scales. It will be the first time seeing UE5 on the SeriesS and I remember with the Coalitions demo they were trying to aim for native 720p and using UE5s super res to reconstruct to 1080 or 1440p, but they said further optimisations needed to be made.

SSfox

Games based movies announcement are the most snoozfest stuffs ever, and it's coming from someone who loves the Martix movies (specially the first one)

So yeah, can't care less.

EDIT: Oh so it's not even a game, kinda emotion engine PS2 demo but less sexier, welp K.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
TeamCGI, you can tell by the eyes. But it looks very convincing.

What does not help is that Keanu, bless this pure gem, has a rather difficult head/facial model - Its quite different from your average Dudebro. I would imagine that would look better.

Top Bottom