• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience is up for PS5 and Xbox X/S

Boglin

no way , that dude is CG?

fo9dPFb.jpg

Dr Bass

So do we have a debate about if Keanu Reeves is real or in-engine like the old Hideo Kojima video?

Looked totally fake to me. I mean it looked good for an in game character no doubt. But still gamey in appearance.

Last edited:

onQ123

It will be interesting to see how ot scales. It will be the first time seeing UE5 on the SeriesS and I remember with the Coalitions demo they were trying to aim for native 720p and using UE5s super res to reconstruct to 1080 or 1440p, but they said further optimisations needed to be made.
Even though their demo was using UE5 also I don't think it's a gauge for how UE5 will run on Series Consoles

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Even though their demo was using UE5 also I don't think it's a gauge for how UE5 will run on Series Consoles

Yeah, thats why I think it will be interesting to see..

It could be a flat 1440p for all versions, or 1080p on the S and 4k for the ps5/xsx etc etc, it will be interesting to see what they do.

It may be a good gauge to see how UE5 scales.

CamHostage

Just downloaded but I can only see a countdown?
Reveal is at TGA

• Pre-load download of the app is out now';
  • "Reveal" is on the 9th at TGAs (via North America; they say 8PM PST on the website)
  • "Release" is also on 9th (countdown seems the same across both the TGAs countdown and the App countdown, is that correct?)
  • App is available for PS5 and Xbox Series; no planned PC listing shown on the website or Epic Game Store (which...?)

(*Just summing things up so far...)

BTW, for those who don't have a new console yet but want to watch the app (in all its wait-and-see glory), this guy was "streaming" the app ... but I think his live feed went into sleepmode. Twitchers probably are or will be doing it too leading up to the countdown finish, although TGAs will air some portion of it at that same time so whatever works for you.

Last edited:

PsyEd

Almost 30GB on both...plus needs to be in ps5/xsx "fast" timmeh approved drives! Lets see if I get woke or not after watching it....

Yeah, thats why I think it will be interesting to see..

It could be a flat 1440p for all versions, or 1080p on the S and 4k for the ps5/xsx etc etc, it will be interesting to see what they do.

It may be a good gauge to see how UE5 scales.

The UE5 engine is compute heavy so we should see relatively good performance on the Series X, although it's hard to say for the Series S.

Epic's developers have said a few times now since the reveal of the UE5 demo that the engine has gone through significant improvements and optimisations, thus making 60 FPS targets or higher resolutions more viable.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
There are Settings for subtitles, invert Y axis and rumble.

And the sound....its nice.

On PS5 you get the game menu screen with music so you dont have to actually have the game running to hear the sound. Havent really tested too much on XSX, dont know how its set up there.

But..I miss having themes now...because that PS5 menu screen would be mine.

Downloaded it on XSX, and I think it sounds better there. Dolby Atmos ftw.

Its not a huge difference but I can somewhat tell.

Those that dont have surround sound, invest in a really good soundbar with wireless speakers. You will thank me later. I use the Samsung Q950A.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
Hmmm the "counter" app does not have HDR... almost switched my ps5 black and white lol/
I swear, sdr looks like shit after you get used to hdr

Aenima

WTF Keanu is digital!? I saw this thing today on PS Store and took a look at the short trailer on TV, really tought it was the real person and not computer made.

Lethal01

It will be interesting to see how ot scales. It will be the first time seeing UE5 on the SeriesS and I remember with the Coalitions demo they were trying to aim for native 720p and using UE5s super res to reconstruct to 1080 or 1440p, but they said further optimisations needed to be made.

Fortnite chapter 3 is already Unreal Engine 5 though

Arun1910

Seeing comments about "Can't wait for the game" are weird. This is just a tech demo used as movie marketing, I doubt anything will be playable but it isn't marketing itself as a game

Lethal01

Its not using nanite or lumen is it?

I couldn't say, the game itself wouldn't tell you if it is.
But a game using Nanite would look exactly the same as one that isn't but if better geometry LOD.
The game already has Raytracing, Lumen is just raytracing so it would also be hard to tell if they switched to Lumen.

We need proper tests to find this out but somehow fornite is getting no coverage for tech channels despite being one of the biggest games ever and just having switched to UE5.

Those that dont have surround sound, invest in a really good soundbar with wireless speakers. You will thank me later. I use the Samsung Q950A.
Second this as a great investment - I went all in with Sonos Arc, Ones and sub and the Atmos on Series X sounds amazing.

Topher

Gold Member
Wait.......these guys are waiting until AFTER Halo Infinite launches to show off their demo?

Vine Ok GIF

sertopico

They must have used those MetaHuman tools to recreate Keanu, I guess. BTW that company is polish and has been acquired by Epic not too long ago.

ANIMAL1975

Not even unreal5 and new gen consoles can fill the flaws on Keanus beard. Maybe pc

• Pre-load download of the app is out now';
  • "Reveal" is on the 9th at TGAs (via North America; they say 8PM PST on the website)
  • "Release" is also on 9th (countdown seems the same across both the TGAs countdown and the App countdown, is that correct?)
  • App is available for PS5 and Xbox Series; no planned PC listing shown on the website or Epic Game Store (which...?)

(*Just summing things up so far...)

BTW, for those who don't have a new console yet but want to watch the app (in all its wait-and-see glory), this guy was "streaming" the app ... but I think his live feed went into sleepmode. Twitchers probably are or will be doing it too leading up to the countdown finish, although TGAs will air some portion of it at that same time so whatever works for you.

It's Hasan confirmed
12 oktober?
Exactly.

hlm666

I'm guessing it's meant to be a visual showcase, and if it's on the level of the last 2... Halo infinite really has no chance.
I think he ment they will be playing/downloading that, not that halo will be visually better.

On a separate note it's going to be funny once this comes out, lasts 5-10 minutes at the cost of 30gb and people will expect it to be representative of a game.

I think Keanu in the trailer is real and when they zoomed into his eyes they saw all that green Matrix stuff and just ran with it

Arun1910

I believe it says “interactive tech demo”
Interactive doesn't mean playing, at least not to me. I expect a couple of button clicks but that isn't playing to me.

Just like pressing a few buttons on a Netflix app on console isn't playing, it's just interactive.

Top Bottom