• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MCC - Zanzibar in action

Trike

Judging by this thread, the people who say that MCC won't be a system seller because everyone who wants it already bought an XB1 is way wrong.

That said, I can't believe how good this looks. Halo 2 was always the crown of my multiplayer gaming experience. I can't wait to get back in at 60FPS and dedicated servers. I am still hoping Ivory Tower makes it for the last remastered map.

I can confirm that the Master Chief Collection is the game that is making me buy an Xbox One. If it were released on PC or something I wouldn't know when I would end up getting an Xbox One.

That is a lie, I would get it when Phantom Dust comes out.

HGStormy

Banned
60fps really makes a difference. Damn. Looks fantastic! Can't wait to pick it up. Hope there will be plenty of people playing

I do not have the nostalgia for the Halo franchise as all I ever played was Halo 3, and I can't say I particularly enjoyed it. The footage for the MCC hasn't done anything to make me excited for the game. I think I'm in the minority.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I do not have the nostalgia for the Halo franchise as all I ever played was Halo 3, and I can't say I particularly enjoyed it. The footage for the MCC hasn't done anything to make me excited for the game. I think I'm in the minority.

This isn't just a cool story bro. It's the single greatest contribution to a conversation since Einstein realized energy was equal to mass times the speed of light squared, while talking about how Hulk could pick up Mjolnir even if he wasn't worthy of Thor's right.

Certainly there's nostalgia attached to the collection itself that makes it stand out to those interested.

I think certainly it serves as a introduction to a new playerbase as well.

And at the very least has tremendous value proposition to those who may have been cautious otherwise.

This isn't just a cool story bro. It's the single greatest contribution to a conversation since Einstein realized energy was equal to mass times the speed of light squared, while talking about how Hulk could pick up Mjolnir even if he wasn't worthy of Thor's right.

Exactly.

Certainly there's nostalgia attached to the collection itself that makes it stand out to those interested.

I think certainly it serves as a introduction to a new playerbase as well.

And at the very least has tremendous value proposition to those who may have been cautious otherwise.

There's no getting around the value proposition as it may be the best gaming value I've seen. It's amazing that they have been able to put so much into one package.

I am curious if it will have a tendency to appeal to those who haven't played the franchise previously.

Ape

Banned

nerd

#rekt

iAoDjRZXHafLP.gif

Pez

All chips are in on this one. MS is betting the farm that this game is going to deliver a substantial boost to the install base.

Imagine if this would have been a launch title for the One. Amazin'

What a boring looking map.

Why in a universe where a race of aliens can build and manipulate giant worlds and structures, we do constantly get maps that are so grounded in reality like this?

The other maps in the game are coming along alright. But there's so much potential to do something awesome and 343i's artists just aren't particularly doing it, IMO.
It's a remake of a map from 2004

Tegernako

Banned

These three videos are what Halo is about:

Legacy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Q-m2Ki63Q

Fun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9qcrnj6Fls

Competition:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhxigV04Vbc

If nothing else, watch around the 4:35 mark of the second video.

Check your pulse if you don't feel alive after watching these, especially the first one.

Madness

I'm totally into the new sound effects.

I can see the grenade switch sound getting old as the weeks roll on. Maybe there is a way to turn it off in audio options. Does the sound play only when you switch grenades, or when you run out of grenades and it switches to the next one automatically as well.

It has a very simple, literal name, and is actually the name of the place/architecture it's based on. And is still Zanzibar-related.

with hints like these you might as well have just said the name xp

I won't say it though but its a great name for the map if its what I think.

begins with k or m? i'd get a kick out of if the name of the map were just 'fort' too. now that i think about it, its fort isnt it

Detective

Such an incredible peace of art.
This is my most wanted game.

Since it will have all halo MP. I think MS/343 will keep stats on MP activity for each game on that collection and that will determine how H5 Plays out.

Madness

Well it's a remaster so nostalgia is one of the main selling features of the game. If you've never played anything besides Halo 3, you wouldn't really understand the point of a Halo 2 remaster for its ten year anniversary, just like there was one for Halo CE in 2011.

Additionally, why would you be excited for games you never played, or even Halo 3 which you didn't enjoy? I don't even think you'd classify as the minority in this situation. The minority would be people who loved the hell out of past Halo games/love Halo, but aren't excited by this collection, or don't want to get it. You wouldn't really factor in at all if you never played, never liked the games, and don't want to get this.

Top Bottom