• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mega-Cave Shooter Post, because they're totally awesome and sweet

Cool, thanks guys. The Platinum Hits Mushihimesama Futari is available for $40. If they're not bringing a disc over here for less I'm cool with that. I'd rather pay $40 for a disc now than $30 and a wait for a download if it goes on GoD eventually.

It just hit GoD in Japan/Asia, but it's IP locked to those regions and no word on if they'll do another GoD experiment here. You could in theory still buy it on GoD if you're willing to go through a VPN. I sort of doubt it would get a disc release here, it being region free pretty much means anyone who wants it on disc can already get it and there's no incentive to release it again.

Yeah it has a Sanwa stick. It needs to travel too far to click and register as a direction. Works great for fighting games, but not very well for shooters. I don't want to spend a bunch of cash on a dedicated shooter stick ATM, so I'll make do. Maybe I'll try my FightPad too - maybe that'll at least be better than the 360 controller.

Both sticks I regularly use are all Seimitsu and I have no issue playing fighters with them. I prefer the LS-32 over the JLF for pretty much everything.

BOTEC

It just hit GoD in Japan/Asia, but it's IP locked to those regions and no word on if they'll do another GoD experiment here. You could in theory still buy it on GoD if you're willing to go through a VPN. I sort of doubt it would get a disc release here, it being region free pretty much means anyone who wants it on disc can already get it and there's no incentive to release it again.

Both sticks I regularly use are all Seimitsu and I have no issue playing fighters with them. I prefer the LS-32 over the JLF for pretty much everything.

This. I actually installed a LS-32 in my Tatsunoko Wii stick, and had a rollicking good time with it. More precision is never a bad thing.

This. I actually installed a LS-32 in my Tatsunoko Wii stick, and had a rollicking good time with it. More precision is never a bad thing.
Hm, guess I could just buy a Seimitsu stick and give it a shot - $18 at Lizard Lick. if I like it for fighters I'll just leave that in there instead of the JLF. Stiffer throw and tighter feel sound like a good thing for fighters too, thought it might take some getting used to.

Is the LS-32 the one to get? Can I install that into the Madcatz Fight Stick as easily as I did the JLF? Do I need a new ball top or does the one I have for my Sanwa fit a Seimitsu?

BOTEC

Hm, guess I could just buy a Seimitsu stick and give it a shot - $18 at Lizard Lick. if I like it for fighters I'll just leave that in there instead of the JLF. Stiffer throw and tighter feel sound like a good thing for fighters too, thought it might take some getting used to.

Is the LS-32 the one to get? Can I install that into the Madcatz Fight Stick as easily as I did the JLF? Do I need a new ball top or does the one I have for my Sanwa fit a Seimitsu?

The specific part is the LS-32-01, which has the 5-pin connector for the cable. It should drop right in. And you can use the Sanwa ball top with it.

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/seimitsu-joysticks/238-seimitsu-ls-32-01-arcade-joystick.html

Careful with Lizardlick. They seem to be having issues restocking sold out items lately.

jbueno

Make sure to get the LS-32 01, which has an appropriate mounting plate for use in your Madcatz stick. Regular LS-32 is more apt for a cabinet control panel.

LS-32 01
pwpZL.jpg

LS-32
jpQZ3.jpg

EDIT: Beaten again.

SOME-MIST

Careful with Lizardlick. They seem to be having issues restocking sold out items lately.
this. I ordered an LS-56-01 from lizard lick on the 21st of January and still haven't received it. It'll probably take a long time before you receive your order. I ordered a balltop from paradise and received it within a week. I ordered buttons from video games new york and got them in a week as well

The specific part is the LS-32-01, which has the 5-pin connector for the cable. It should drop right in. And you can use the Sanwa ball top with it.

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/seimitsu-joysticks/238-seimitsu-ls-32-01-arcade-joystick.html

Awesome - thanks (again) guys. I'll stay away from Lizard Lick. I had zero issues with them when I got my other parts, but that was like 2 years ago. I think the guy running it just got overwhelmed with orders when stick modding went mainstream (like when guys like me started doing it - lol).

SOME-MIST

haven't seen this posted on here yet, but these mushihimesama screenshots were posted over on cave-stg and the system11 forums.

HFBhJ.jpg

ftWtW.jpg

a few conclusions can definitely be drawn from these shots.

Yeah, I hope that means they'll be making version 1.5 DLC. Or better yet, a version 1.51 that fixes the Maniac scoring exploit (if Cave even knows about it).

Hope we get a release date pretty soon as well.

Tobe

Cave-wise? What games do you have?

The only standalone Cave games on XBLM are Guwange and Deathsmiles IIX I think.

ive got espgaluda II, deathsmiles, otomedius and thats all. i saw radiant silvergun yesterday but i wasnt sure if its worth it. im open to any shmups as long as its good. i really like the style of espgaluda tho.

Some direct playtest feedback at cave-stg.

He compares normal mode stage 3 and "Expert mode" stage 1 to Mushi Futari Ultra. While they'll probably reduce the difficulty from location test to official release, it's a welcome return to form. Other changes I like compared to Daifukkatsu: Bullet patterns are ketsui-like and visually appealing, hyper only cancels bullets for a second, autobomb kills your chain entirely, and rank is displayed visually. And the enemy bosses aren't giant android women.

Sounds and looks so great. I wish there would be one more 360-port with saidaioujou, but I guess it won't happen. Well, hopefully it's coming out on some next gen console.

Mushi HD looks good too. A european release this year woud be awesome. I'm not too optimistic in thinking that it will be localized, right?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I was wondering, is there a way to properly set up an autofire button + normal fire rate button (to use lasers) on iMAME's DoDonPachi when played on the iPad with the iCade? I can't seem to be able to set that up and the game as is is kinda nightmarish to play without having a modded iCade with Sanwa buttons... and I suck at modding/soldering/whatever :/

Also, does Donpachi work (I still love the one that started my Pachi addiction, also bought it together with Shenryu on JPN PSN) on iMAME? What about Guwange?

I hate that Blissful Death was barred from running on iPad 1 and you have to resort to JB to have it, I'd be ok with a disclaimer about low memory crashes (after all Bug Princess was a disaster at first) but I can see how they want to a avoid stupid 1 star reviews to make the game look bad.

Well, that is a bit of a bummer. Was hoping it might have meant a port. I don't even know what a Win7 Phone is so I doubt I'll ever get a shot at it :-(

Well, I have on for more than a year and I love it. I like it better than my wife's 4S and for sure they are better than android. Their library still lacks some applications/games, but they are getting there.

BOTEC

Well, I have on for more than a year and I love it. I like it better than my wife's 4S and for sure they are better than android. Their library still lacks some applications/games, but they are getting there.

I bought an iPod for DoDonPachi Ressurection. My contract is up in a few months, and I've been eyeballing those Win7 phones ever since I heard of this game. Cave sells me new hardware.

I bought an iPod for DoDonPachi Ressurection. My contract is up in a few months, and I've been eyeballing those Win7 phones ever since I heard of this game. Cave sells me new hardware.

I have a first-generation device HTC HD7 and I am planning to change it for a new second-gen Nokia Lumia 900 on April.

Oh, I forgot to mention I played Mushi Futari Black Label arcade this past weekend. I suck at the game, but it was nice playing it on original hardware as opposed to 360. Especially neat knowing only 150 are in existence!

SOME-MIST

bummed out about May 24th because 1) I have to wait longer than I had hoped for and 2) Ig I have to wait that long they might as well have chosen a date around the one I chose for the cave-stg contest :(

therapist

ive got espgaluda II, deathsmiles, otomedius and thats all. i saw radiant silvergun yesterday but i wasnt sure if its worth it. im open to any shmups as long as its good. i really like the style of espgaluda tho.

Radiant silvergun is AMAZING.get it

GD DAMNIT i just bought mushihimesma :((

Wtv its the best shmup ever imo , way better then espgaluda

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Disappointing. Matsuri is the only reason I want this set (assuming they fixed the counterstop) and making it a first print DLC code means I just might skip it entirely.
I understand Cave wanting to ensure as many early sales as possible though. Still sucks.

The Mushi HD site is up: http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/mushihimehd/

Confirms the 5/24 release date and version 1.5 as a first-print bonus. That's by far the best first-print bonus Cave has done, so it's going to suck for everyone who misses out on that.

I also like the regular edition box art more than the limited. I'm still getting the LE though - I don't even care what it comes with.

Is this a re-release? Because it seems that I already own this game? Or am I thinking of something else. Also is it region free like the one I own?

EDIT: Never mind I own the sequel.

Ra1den

Any chance I'll enjoy Mushi 1.5 if I didn't like regular Mushi? Mushi never really kept my interest, and I recently sold my PS2 copy because of it.

Tain

Ra1den said:
Any chance I'll enjoy Mushi 1.5 if I didn't like regular Mushi? Mushi never really kept my interest, and I recently sold my PS2 copy because of it.

People generally consider Futari a better game, and it's certainly a way better port. I guess it depends on what other Cave games you've gotten into.

Have they said if this one is region locked?

Tain said:
They haven't. Best place to go for that would likely be Cave's Facebook or Twitter.

Top Bottom