• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Micheal J. Fox show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw it listed before and a few shots but not the actual trailer. I don't know if its just because its nice to see him on screen again, but perhaps this show has promise.

NBC bloody needs it.

Seems a bit odd calling it the Michael J. Fox show without his character sharing his real name.

Ein Bear

This looks great, it's so awesome to see MJF back on the screen again.

Though the name of the show did confuse me a little, I didn't realise he wasn't supposed to be playing himself until about half way through.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
This looks great, it's so awesome to see MJF back on the screen again.

Though the name of the show did confuse me a little, I didn't realise he wasn't supposed to be playing himself until about half way through.

I'm pretty sure the parallels between him and his character are all intentional.

This is the first time I've seen a trailer for this, it looks really good actually. Which is good news, NBC needed something good to replace the Office on Thursdays.

DMczaf

This is the first time I've seen a trailer for this, it looks really good actually. Which is good news, NBC needed something good to replace the Office on Thursdays.

NBC's future rest in the shaky hands of a man with Parkinson's.

That's NBC in 2013.

ivysaur12

Banned
It's funny and the writing staff is all people from Community and Happy Endings (along with Laybourne who is from Cougar Town and Arrested Development) so I'm confident it'll keep its acerbic tone.

My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's in his early forties, it's been over a decade now and naturally he's getting worse. With that said it's amazing how people can carry on with the disease in their lives with the right support and care.

MJF being able to do a sitcom is really impressive. Definitely gonna check it out.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I loved the shit out of him in Spin City so it's nice to see him back in a sitcom again.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
so the whole thing is I've got dah Parkinson's, Lulz!?

what a douchebag. There's no way the man can act without incorporating his condition into the show. I'll give it a chance because Michael J Fox is awesome.

Also, those hollywood drugs man, he's had parkinsons for AGES.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I originally thought it was a talk show when I first heard the name. Pleasantly surprised to hear otherwise.

I guess I'm heartless but this was gut-wrenchingly boring. I mean, good for MJF but his character on The Good Wife is/was much more interesting.

RangerX

Banned
I know he's banned, but I've got dah Parkinson's, Lulz! was the basis of one of the best Curb episodes ever.

Wow.Thats a bannable offence? All he said was he thought the only hook the show had was playing MJFs parkinsons for laughs. There was nothing malicious there. I could see lots of people sharing that opinion. I think the show looks genuinely funny and it looks like it has heart so i'll give it a watch anyway. Plus it has Bunk.

Palmer_v1

Wow.Thats a bannable offence? All he said was he thought the only hook the show had was playing MJFs parkinsons for laughs. There was nothing malicious there. I could see lots of people sharing that opinion. I think the show looks genuinely funny and it looks like it has heart so i'll give it a watch anyway. Plus it has Bunk.

It was a tasteless joke. I doubt it's a permaban unless the idiot was a junior anyway, though.

e_i

So, this is airing at the same time as the one with Robin Williams? What is this? Battle of the movie stars?

Tucah

you speak so well
according to some posts above, it already aired.

Airs tonight in the US, aired in Canada yesterday
and subsequently popped up online, obviously
. I'm pretty curious to see it tonight, hope it's good. I'd like something to pair with Parks and Rec on Thursdays, it's kind of a weak night for me this year.

The Cowboy

That actually looks pretty dam good, I'll be giving this a watch for sure.

"for me, this is perfectly still" LOL - very cool he's doing jokes like that.

How had I not heard about this?.

So his show is about someone who left tv because of Parkinsons who returns to tv even though they have Parkinsons.

This is too meta. My head hurts.

BFIB

I am really glad that he was able to find the right kind of meds so he can do what he loves. Gives me hope for one last hurrah with the Doc.

GavinGT

Banned
Bunk, Marie, and Marty in the same show? I'll watch, although I wish they strayed even further away from the typical sitcom trappings.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I haven't heard good things about it yet, but I hope it succeeds.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I usually press the skip button on YouTube ads but when an ad for this came on I had to check it out. It looks freaky funny. I love MJF and am glad to see him back out there. Looking forward to it. At first I thought it was him playing himself. The part where he calls the police and says his drugs hadn't kicked in yet was hilarious. Can't wait. I hope this ends up being one of NBCs better new shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom