• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Murder of Jake Paul by Iron Mike Tyson live from AT&T Stadium on Netflix July 20th

ManaByte

Gold Member
WVBi6yF.jpg

Tyson is back to save boxing from the YouTube dickwad!

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Logan Paul has been an excellent heel lately in WWE, doing some seriously impressive stunts to entertain.

But that's WWE. I don't like the same philosophy being used by this Paul, making it seem like pro boxing is now unapologetically "sports entertainment".

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
If Jake Paul wants to be taken seriously as a boxer then he should apply for a licence and take up the sport full-time.

I would assume that he doesn't - and to be fair it's unlikely a serious fight would earn him anything like this will! Also, arguably trying to be a serious boxer is a waste of the profile he's built for himself. More people will tune in for this, than a serious fight.

TBH, this is probably the most interesting fight I've heard of. I'd love a hilarious double knockout as seen in Rocky 3.

As noted already, Paul's onto a loser either way, if he beats Tyson it's a hollow victory. For Tyson, it's a chance to get an easy payday, the like of which is probably not there for him anywhere else.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Logan Paul has been an excellent heel lately in WWE, doing some seriously impressive stunts to entertain.

But that's WWE. I don't like the same philosophy being used by this Paul, making it seem like pro boxing is now unapologetically "sports entertainment".
Logan Paul got into WWE and took it seriously. He turned out to be great there. Jake Paul needs to be put into his place by Tyson.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I want about 30 seconds of Tyson knocking him out.

Won’t be mad if he takes off some of his ears.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
Boxing has become such a joke.
Boxing hasn’t been in the spotlight since UFC took off. It’s cornball, but if this kind of stuff lets boxing make a comeback, so be it. Might even rejuvenate interest in serious boxing matches.

Especially if it leads to Fight Night making a comeback in gaming. I want it so bad, the MMA games are paltry experiences comparatively.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Boxing hasn’t been in the spotlight since UFC took off. It’s cornball, but if this kind of stuff lets boxing make a comeback, so be it. Might even rejuvenate interest in serious boxing matches.

Especially if it leads to Fight Night making a comeback in gaming. I want it so bad, the MMA games are paltry experiences comparatively.
MMA is pretty wack too. I miss the 90s era where there was more pageantry. It was fun seeing the mismatches of distinct styles. Now it's just some bland grappling pastiche. And it sucks paying money for fights that last seconds.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dont get scammed. It'll be two guys goofing around. But dont get me wrong. I'll watch it for laughs. Tyson vs Roy Jones was the worst fight ever. And they purposely made the fight a draw with the craziest scorecard tallies ever. Mayweather vs McGregor was stupid too. Mayweather wasnt even trying and purposely made the fight last.

Scorecard[edit]​

The fight was a split draw and the three former WBC Champion judges scored the fight as follows: Chad Dawson (76–76 draw), Christy Martin (79–73 for Tyson), and Vinny Pazienza (76–80 for Jones).[26] Compubox numbers showed that Tyson outlanded Jones by a wide margin,[27] and sportswriter Dan Rafael described Pazienza's scorecard as 'pure insanity'.[28]

Meicyn

Gold Member
MMA is pretty wack too. I miss the 90s era where there was more pageantry. It was fun seeing the mismatches of distinct styles. Now it's just some bland grappling pastiche. And it sucks paying money for fights that last seconds.
Yep, I haven’t touched MMA in a long, long time. It’s just boring to watch.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Who ever thought that Rocky vs Hulk Hogan fight in Rocky 3 would end up looking super serious compared to the weird shit in real life.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Dont get scammed. It'll be two guys goofing around. But dont get me wrong. I'll watch it for laughs. Tyson vs Roy Jones was the worst fight ever. And they purposely made the fight a draw with the craziest scorecard tallies ever. Mayweather vs McGregor was stupid too. Mayweather wasnt even trying and purposely made the fight last.

Scorecard[edit]​

The fight was a split draw and the three former WBC Champion judges scored the fight as follows: Chad Dawson (76–76 draw), Christy Martin (79–73 for Tyson), and Vinny Pazienza (76–80 for Jones).[26] Compubox numbers showed that Tyson outlanded Jones by a wide margin,[27] and sportswriter Dan Rafael described Pazienza's scorecard as 'pure insanity'.[28]
Yeh is this going to be an exhibition right? I remember from when I used to watch MMA that the Texas commission is a bit more lax than others but it's hard to imagine Tyson getting licensed. Isn't he on TRT?

I watched Tyson hitting the punching bags a few months ago and he still has good quickness in those hands but how will his legs hold up in a fight.

Raven117

This wont be a real fight. Don't fall for the marketing.

(Tyson would absolutely destroy him in a real fight).

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
God I hope we see a fraction of the old Tyson come into the ring, I want to see him seriously hurt thon cunt but we all know how this will end up

100% gonna be a draw, Mike getting paid millions not to knock Paul's head clean off.
This wont be a real fight. Don't fall for the marketing.
The only reason I have a slight doubt about this is because whenever Mike Tyson was on a podcast talking about fighting recently, he still talks about how he tends to see red and his mind goes elsewhere(away from logic and money) when in a fight. He always described it as this dark part of himself that comes out, which is why he tells people in the public to not egg him on because he can't promise that he won't seriously hurt someone.

Unless he has overcome that part of himself completely, I could see a hint of it coming out when there are fists thrown in his direction.

Sony

Nintendo
The murder of Jake Paul? I hate Jake Paul but he's a good Boxer in his prime. With all due respect, Mike has his age against him despite being fit for his age.

DKehoe

The only reason I have a slight doubt about this is because whenever Mike Tyson was on a podcast talking about fighting recently, he still talks about how he tends to see red and his mind goes elsewhere(away from logic and money) when in a fight. He always described it as this dark part of himself that comes out, which is why he tells people in the public to not egg him on because he can't promise that he won't seriously hurt someone.

Unless he has overcome that part of himself completely, I could see a hint of it coming out when there are fists thrown in his direction.
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Don't forget we have Joshua v Ngannu tomorrow and UFC 299 on Saturday. Giant weekend in soccer too.

That's why I call a proper sports weekend.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member

Guy is a complete monster and would still annihilate 99% of all human beings completely free.

He did mention somewhere though that he had to go through a lot of recovery after training hard again, but that's to be expected, recovery time is the only thing that just gets worse and you can't do shit about it.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Mike is very old. He’s the underdog on this one.

I beg to differ. His body is meatier and he knows his way around a Face. Jake is going to get bodied so hard, that if he doesn't, I will suspect a fix.
Tyson said if he ever fought again, it would wake up a demon inside of him that he's had locked away since his daughter died.

Now, if he was just bullshitting, fine. If he wasn't, Jake is going to get his anatomy rearranged.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I beg to differ. His body is meatier and he knows his way around a Face. Jake is going to get bodied so hard, that if he doesn't, I will suspect a fix.
Tyson said if he ever fought again, it would wake up a demon inside of him that he's had locked away since his daughter died.

Now, if he was just bullshitting, fine. If he wasn't, Jake is going to get his anatomy rearranged.
I wish that were so, since Mike’s a legend and Jake Paul is a twat, but physiologically there’s no way around being almost 60 years old. Demon or otherwise, he’s at a disadvantage against any competent, young, fit, competitive fighter.

Mike still looks great in training but it’ll come out in the fight.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I wish that were so, since Mike’s a legend and Jake Paul is a twat, but physiologically there’s no way around being almost 60 years old. Demon or otherwise, he’s at a disadvantage against any competent, young, fit, competitive fighter.

Mike still looks great in training but it’ll come out in the fight.
Regardless, it will be an interesting one.
I'm not trying to write, Jake off. I just grew up with Tyson's anatomical destruction, so there is a bit of biased tucked away in there.

Top Bottom