• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Murder of Jake Paul by Iron Mike Tyson live from AT&T Stadium on Netflix July 20th

The Fartist

Gold Member
That was a brutal knockout, very similar to what Ngannou did to Stipe a few years back. I feel bad for Ngannou, but he should just enjoy his money and do something else. He seems like an intelligent man, and I wish him the best. I still want to see Jones vs Ngannou, though.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
They said the same thing and he knocked Fury down and nearly won.

Admitedly, Fury was a better boxer and honestly didn't look himself for that Ngannou fight but you have to respect Fury for taking on these massive men and Ngannou for trying.

Ngannou making the cache money productions helps.

Ngannou took the best heavyweight in the world to a split decision. Arguably winning the fight. I don't know how, as an MMA fighter, you represent yourself better in boxing than he did. Nothing about that fight was an insult to the sport.

I'm not counting on Ngannou beating Joshua though. I think AJ comes in probably better prepared than Fury and cruises to a decision.

He looked like a boxer against Fury, to me.

Fury didn't take the fight seriously because it wouldn't impact his official record. He also thought Ngannou would be a soft touch. Fury got the win, but looked shit and made a right pigs ear of it.

Joshua took the fight seriously and destroyed Ngannou in two rounds. Complete destruction, which is what happens when a boxer goes up against somebody with little to no boxing experience.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Why does anyone get invested in these fights?

The pressure of a professional boxers punch to a normal YouTuber like KSI or the Paul’s would just simply knock them out cold. There’s no 2 ways about it. And even though Tyson is well past his prime, and old, his physique is still geared towards that.

If Tyson actually wanted to, this would be over in 1 punch.

Instead it’ll be a light spar with some ‘controversy’ and they’ll both walk away with $50m.

Sybrix

These fights are on par with WWE.

It's all a show, not sport.

The winner is already determined.

You think this is something? You think this is bad? This? This chicanery? He's done worse.

Cyberpunkd

I remember when Mike said he was done because he didn't want to disrespect the sport losing to low calibre fighters. That was 19 years ago... Guess the bills piled up again.
Isn’t he a millionaire thanks to his cannabis business?

On the subject - I wouldn’t rule out Tyson, Paul seems like an ok fighter but is he special? I will use the example of marathon runners by age:

The current WR for M60 is 02:30:02, for M70 2:54:19, still sub 3 hours. If some of you run competitively you know that to get sub 3 hours you need to go at insane pace, close to 04:00/km. Very few people in their prime are able to achieve these times.

GymWolf

Fury gameplan against francis was moronic, he thought he could clinch and muscle around a beast like ngannou like he did with the far smaller wilder.

Also, fury has no power for a heavyweight and ngannou has granite chin, the dude was just not scared at all.

If he fight like textbook without moronic plans he smoke francis 10 times out of 10.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
A Tyson at 57 is still a scary boxer. I wish Jake gets a good beating out of Iron Mike.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Florida Lead GIF

Shubh_C63

I remember Rogan podcast where Mike Tyson admitted fighting Jake Paul would be kinda cool.

I don't think he knows people look at Jake as a clown.

Oh how glorious it would be if Mike Tyson could dig out an upper cut with the power of a thousand damned souls from the deepest darkest depths of Hades and take this feckers block off through the roof of the arena and into low earth orbit.

For me it would be like fucking Scarlett Johansson in a victoria secret spring catalogue.

Last edited:
Oh how glorious it would be if Mike Tyson could dig out an upper cut with the power of a thousand damned souls from the deepest darkest depths of Hades and take this feckers block off through the roof of the arena and into low earth orbit.

For me it would be like fucking Scarlett Johansson in a victoria secret spring catalogue.
Listen pal you can't make orbit from a single impulse on the Earth's surface. Tyson's gonna have to get up out of the atmosphere to punch his head again in order to circularize an orbit.

Purchase these products to learn more: https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Why does it feel like, more and more, we’re entering the final season of the simulation we call Life?

Dr. Suchong

as much as it pains me, a more realistic title would be : "The Assasination of Mike Tyson by the coward Jake Paul"
"Coward" is definitely a fitting moniker.
Seen a YouTube short of him already strutting and crowing.
At least Tate had a more sober and respectful opinion on a hypothetical confrontation.

Braag

If Jake wins I wonder if he might get a target on his back by legitimate boxers to settle the score. Tyson isn't just some washed up MMA fighter, he's legend in the sport.

Apocryphon

Mike will be 58 when they happens. He isn’t going to beat Jake Paul, as satisfying as that would be to see. If the fight is genuine I suspect Paul knocks him out in less than 4, if it’s fixed then it could go the distance and Paul will get the decision and Tyson will big him up and give him props. Either way Mike makes a bag and loses zero credibility.

It’s a rediculous fight and Paul should be ashamed. Foreman fought until he was 48 and even that was way too late. Mike has a full decade on Foreman’s second retirement. Tyson is a physical specimen but all the TRT in the world can’t give him back the tools he’s needs for anything other than exhibition fighting.

Toots

Gold Member

would have been fun if Mike was 10 or maybe 20 years younger.

"Coward" is definitely a fitting moniker.
Seen a YouTube short of him already strutting and crowing.
At least Tate had a more sober and respectful opinion on a hypothetical confrontation.
Paul will go about parading his win like the coward John Ford reenacted his killing of Jesse James on stage after the deed was done.
I guess tate has knowledge of competing at high levels of fighting, that might be the only thing he knows, apart from gaslighting techniques that works on lost men and women. He knows what it takes to be Iron Mike and he knows no one else on Earth has what it takes apart from Mike.

starts at 2:02 if the time stamp doesn't work

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Back in the day I had a Playboy magazine with a Mike Tyson interview. He said the best punch he ever threw was against his ex-wife Robin Givens. He said she bounced off every wall in the room, which is a pretty funny visual.

Audiophile

If this is "real" (which it probably isn't), then Mike's chance lies in the first few rounds. He's still got speed, power; explosiveness and experience; and he'll have to turn the humanity switch off, bring out the dead, shark eyes and then spend a month recovering.

"Old man strength" has as much to do with the nervous system being conditioned to transmit electrical signals efficiently through vast amounts of repetition as it does the building of mass. Power is the last thing to go. But competing on endurance at that age would be near-enough impossible.

Again, if it's real (lol), then he plays it defensive til he gets an opportunity relatively early on and then goes for it. Otherwise I see a point win for Paul.

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
This is ridiculous. If this is not staged, Jake Paul would destroy him, except he somehow would manage to put him down in the beginning. Tyson is 57. What a disgrace.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
If Mike doesn't gas and can protect himself, Jake doesn't stand a chance IMO. Jake was gassed and hopeless against Tommy Fury and that was what, the only current/competitive boxer he's ever faced?

fart town usa

Gold Member
Fury is not 57 year and can weaponize pace.
I know. That's why I said if Mike doesn't gas.

Jake just look outmatched against Tommy and I suspect he'll look outmatched against a 57 year old Tyson. Tyson can definitely lose but I don't think it's gonna be one-sided in favor of Jake.

Stuart360

Are some of you being serious with stuff like 'Jake Paul woulfd destroy him and its fixed if he doesnt'?.
I mean i do think Paul might win, but only because he's going to run most of the fight, flicking out the odd jab, while Tyson gets tired as the fight goes on.
Make no mistake though, if Paul tries to go toe to toe with Tyson then he'sgong to get knocked out.
I mean Tyson went easy on Roy Jones, but even Jones (a proper boxer and champion) was totally gassed by the end of thre fight, and talked about how much pain he was in from Tysons punches.
Tyson is 57 not 77.

Top Bottom