• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Murder of Jake Paul by Iron Mike Tyson live from AT&T Stadium on Netflix July 20th

bender

What time is it?
I wish that were so, since Mike’s a legend and Jake Paul is a twat, but physiologically there’s no way around being almost 60 years old. Demon or otherwise, he’s at a disadvantage against any competent, young, fit, competitive fighter.

Mike still looks great in training but it’ll come out in the fight.
200w.gif

He most likely had his brother pay a ridiculous amount of money to set this fight up. Ain't no way in hell he deserves to be in the ring with a legend like Tyson. This comes off as really desperate and attention-seeking.

SJRB

Gold Member
I wish that were so, since Mike’s a legend and Jake Paul is a twat, but physiologically there’s no way around being almost 60 years old. Demon or otherwise, he’s at a disadvantage against any competent, young, fit, competitive fighter.

I dunno man, maybe in terms of stamina Jake has the advantage, but other than that.. Mike has 50 years of experience. Who's the strongest/most experienced fighter Jake Paul has fought?

nkarafo

The only way these stupid "who would win" scenarios can be somewhat interesting is to not stage them. But we know this isn't the case so what's the point?

FunkMiller

Gold Member

I think I'll put my trust in the natural talent Tyson (hopefully) still has. He had something you can't teach, which is what made him unbeatable in his prime. Ali had it too. Most don't. That might be enough for him to overcome the vagaries of age. He may not be able to hit as hard, but hopefully his natural skill will put Paul on his ass.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I think I'll put my trust in the natural talent Tyson (hopefully) still has. He had something you can't teach, which is what made him unbeatable in his prime. Ali had it too. Most don't. That might be enough for him to overcome the vagaries of age. He may not be able to hit as hard, but hopefully his natural skill will put Paul on his ass.
I mean, speaking plainly, Tyson was not unbeatable in his prime. He had an epic win against Spinks and a string of relatively easy fights otherwise that made him look like he could steamroll everyone in the same way, but really he couldn't and that became apparent when he faced more quality opponents. Very talented guy though.

Artoris

Gold Member
I think Tyson has a chance of knocking him out in the first few rounds but after that he will run out of stamina

Mobilemofo

This thread reminds me of the conversation in Coming To America, in the My-T-Sharp barbers shop between the three old guys. 😅

Joe Louis always
lied about his age, he lied about his
age all the time. One time Frank
Sinatra come inside here and sat on
this chair. I said Frank, you hang out
with Joe Louis, just between me and you
how old is Joe Louis? You know what
Frank told me, he said hey Joe Louis is
137 years old, a 137 years old!

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Prime Iron Mike would put this hack in a bodybag without much of an effort. But Mike is 57 by now, and while I hope he will silence this motherfucker I don't really know if he can hold out.

And, they might have some script going on like the Roy Jones Jr fight.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Even if Jake Paul wins, it's not a flex beating a 57 year old.

If Jake Paul wants to be taken seriously as a boxer then he should apply for a licence and take up the sport full-time.
He is making a mockery of the sweet science. At least Logan can actually go.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
He is making a mockery of the sweet science. At least Logan can actually go.

Yeah, this fight and others like it, such as Joshua Vs Ngannou are an insult to boxing.

People say boxing is dead, and that may be the case if you're looking only at the heavyweight class. Other weight divisions are teeming with quality.

Plenty of exciting, real boxers to watch such as Inoue, Gervonta Davis and Haney. Boxing is healthy, but matches like this spoil the sport.

Who wants to see an old Tyson fight a man who lost to Tommy Fury? Fucking embarrassing.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Dude is 57 fighting a 27 year old. What's the point of this besides a payout? It'll be a shit fight.

ahtlas7

If they are really allowed to fight, Paul could present as a formidable opponent to Tyson who is pushing 60. I hope this isn’t a circus though.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
As bogus as this looks, the respect for Mike Tyson is so high that we actually question this. And if Paul is going to take this serious then he needs to not underestimate Mike.

I hope this isn't the softball he gave Roy as he could have easily knocked him out if he didn't hold back a little.

For those reasons, I want to see this and will not be surprised with either outcome.

Folks, don't forget about Joshua/Ngannau tonight. That is more compelling than this fight.

EDIT

Viewing information​

• Date: March 8 | Start time: 11 a.m. ET (main event around 6 p.m. ET)
Main should be around 6pm EST.

Last edited:

Facism

That's where I am but i'm hoping Mike lands one hit so hard, Jake Paul thinks his name is Paul Jake whilst he's in the ambulance after the fight.

gow3isben

People who think Mike Tyson would not just win but destroy are out of touch with reality.

Being close to 60 is no joke even if he can lift heavy now his endurance will die after round 1 if it was serious. His reaction time and speed won't last either.

Lucky that this is going to be a fixed match with both looking equally good or more likely equally bad.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Jake paul is juiced to the gills and probably takes much harder punches in training than tyson could ever generate at 60. punching power starts from the ground up, builds up from your feet as it accumulates through your whole body. travels from your feet, legs, hips, core, back, arms and goes out your hands. when one of these systems is weaker, let alone all of them in this case, mike could throw his best punch and I doubt it would even drop jake who is a juiced government experiment. if mike can even land a single punch he will gas in 60 seconds and it will be the most pitiful shit you've ever seen.
this is a complete joke and everyone involved should be ashamed.

Last edited:

Shodai

Anyone who is insinuating that Tyson will not obliterate this kid, assuming he isn't holding back, is just unbelievably out of touch.

Macattk15

Guys. Tyson will be 58 years of age for this fight. Doesn't matter how much fucking TRT he's pumping. He's not gonna win.

And I fucking loathe Jake Paul and would love NOTHING more than to see him get flatlined into the shadow realm.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I dunno man, maybe in terms of stamina Jake has the advantage, but other than that.. Mike has 50 years of experience. Who's the strongest/most experienced fighter Jake Paul has fought?
Not really how boxing works tbh. It’s more about your speed, power, precision, reflexes, toughness, stamina. Everything that matters declines as you age, and veteran boxers tend to have CTE too, which catches up with you big time later in life.

dem

I mean... you can just watch the Tyson RJJ fight from 3 and a half years ago.. (I cant believe it was that long ago)

Mike is an old man. This ain't gonna go well for him.

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
Yeah, this fight and others like it, such as Joshua Vs Ngannou are an insult to boxing.

People say boxing is dead, and that may be the case if you're looking only at the heavyweight class. Other weight divisions are teeming with quality.

Plenty of exciting, real boxers to watch such as Inoue, Gervonta Davis and Haney. Boxing is healthy, but matches like this spoil the sport.

Who wants to see an old Tyson fight a man who lost to Tommy Fury? Fucking embarrassing.
How is Joshua vs Ngannou an insult to boxing?

LiquidMetal14

Anyone here watching the fight? We're at the co main event for the WBO HW TITLE.

The boxing thread is deader than a doornail.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

Only one of them is a boxer. It's an exhibition match. A modern day freak show.
They said the same thing and he knocked Fury down and nearly won.

Admitedly, Fury was a better boxer and honestly didn't look himself for that Ngannou fight but you have to respect Fury for taking on these massive men and Ngannou for trying.

Ngannou making the cache money productions helps.

SpiceRacz

Only one of them is a boxer. It's an exhibition match. A modern day freak show.

Ngannou took the best heavyweight in the world to a split decision. Arguably winning the fight. I don't know how, as an MMA fighter, you represent yourself better in boxing than he did. Nothing about that fight was an insult to the sport.

I'm not counting on Ngannou beating Joshua though. I think AJ comes in probably better prepared than Fury and cruises to a decision.

Top Bottom