• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The N7 Day 2016 Thread

I've been gaming since the 2600. Mass Effect struck a chord with me that no other game did. In all of my years of gaming Mass Effect was the first game that just had it all Story, Character, Action, Mechanics and visuals all wrapped up in a candy-coated Sci-Fi exterior.

I came late to the universe. It was 6 months after the first game dropped that I picked it up for 360. After that, I was hooked. As long as Bioware keeps delivering, I'll keep playing.

I came late to the universe too. Contrary to the typical hate EA gets, I don't hate them because if it weren't for them, I'd never get to play Me2 on my Ps3 and fall in fuckin love with it.

I didn't get to play Me1 till after Me3 and I only got to play it once since it took its sweet ass time to come to Ps3. I'm not sure if I'll like the series if it continues to evolve the way Me3 did from Me2.

I can't believe they went with the Andromeda initiative being this massive multispecies super advanced public undertaking that was not worth mentioning until this time. Guess all that "extinction of the human race" stuff was just nonsense in ME3, clearly nobody had heard of this massive public project :p

Oh well, I'm a sucker so I'll be buying it day one no matter what they do.

how do we know it was public?

how do we know it was public?

Promotional materials show the Ark hovering visible from the surface of the Earth. And since there are many thousands of people from multiple species each with their own Ark and it's exploratory, rather than running away from the Reapers, it's hard to imagine why or how they kept it secret.

Sanctuary

It reminded me of Leviathan.

The voice in Leviathan sounds more like Harbinger (different voice actors). Which only sounds like Wrex in as much as the voice modulator they are using, but they don't sound the same. The voice in the Andromeda trailer sounds like Wrex to me. Wearing headphones?

Leviathan

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
The reapers are either destroyed or rendered harmless in 3 of the 4 endings for ME3. Not sure what the hangup is over them nor why you would imply that only the Reapers could be a threat to humanity. Very narrow way of thinking there.

BTW, Exploration is awesome! Shame on you.

I'm glad that Columbus and other explorers didn't have your attitude :D

OK guys, I'm coming around to the whole 'Yay Exploration!' vibe, it was 6am here in NZ and I stayed up all night to see the footage then the 2185 'Not-Reaper-Related' bombshell must have broken my sense of adventure for a second there lol.

Since we've identified 'Golden Planets' and such, I'm thinking this recon and possible return route back to the Milky Way with resources could make sense then, especially if they're counting on in 600 years, tech to have advanced sufficiently in this galaxy to make that happen.

I've also come to think that someone in the expedition group, either in high management or ownership, knows all about the Reaper threat, and unbeknownst to the crew, this is the true reason for their departure date being right after the Sovereign attack and during the Collector threat in ME2.

I'm starting to get on board here Columbus, let's sail to the new world and bring back riches! (also my head canon is legit now, I just had to sort that out first, lol).

RSP

So, I guess my chances of getting an original trilogy remaster (or just 60fps) that includes all DLC are pretty damn slim, right?

Top Bottom