• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Naruto Anime Ending is the worst handled anime ending I've seen

Fj0823

I was playing UNS4 and it hit me.

The Naruto ending might be, in my experience, the worst way an anime studio has handled an ending ever

The manga ends and you'd think that the anime would do it's best to speed up and capitalize on the ending hype...

But noooooooooooo

They quadruple down on filler episodes and arcs inserted during the climax of the War for freaking MONTHS

Then they release an anime movie that assumes you read the ending on manga form...months before they air the actual anime ending

They release a a SECOND anime movie that expands on the EPILOGUE of the manga and introduces new key characters...months before they actually air the ending

Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 comes out and makes the ending look like the hyper shit ever, hell even us in LatAm got the ending in UNS4 with most of the original cast, something that will probably never happen in animated form.

The actual ending of the manga airs...but it's not actually the ending of the series no, they decided to adapt the novels which are just glorified filler episodes to keep milking the anime

0a139040453fe4f8d976403a553cb1c4.gif

They finally decide to end it with Naruto and Hinata's wedding...except they show ZERO interaction between them until the last 15 seconds, which makes the wedding lack any impact...and it just ends there

Finally a sequel starts airing and in it they show that they can actually write Naruto and Hinata iinteracting in a sweet manner...Which makes the point above even more infuriating....

70abf46800a477ae7cafc9f94e6b342f.gif

Every single decision made by the studio is simply baffling.

BasicMath

Pretty simple solution: Don't watch the anime filler. Consider the anime to be on hiatus or something.

Edit: You're right about the movies. It's like they expect you to be a fan or something and be following the source.

After over a decade... did you honestly expect it to end in a way you'd enjoy? The fact that they didn't even give the series breathing room before jumping into the next generation just adds to that.

But hey, there are hundreds of better anime out there that never even got an ending, so there's that!

You forgot to mention that they didn't even end the show with the last chapter of the manga.

"Hey, you want to see Naruto become the Hokage? Watch Boruto!"

Friend and I recently decided to watch every canon episode of Naruto (original and Shippuden).

We started in early May and we have about 30 canon episodes left. The Pain invasion arc really was the last time it was good. The war stuff is pretty terrible.

I swear the creator of Bleach probably had no idea how to end the story himself. Just horrible.

Naruto had an somewhat meh ending for my liking

Galang

Banned
Not like the source material is much better tbh. It's a shame so many long running stories like bleach, naruto and fairy tail all ended up having insanely horrible endings and final arcs. It's probably better that one piece, hunter x hunter and berserk never end tbh

LUL, Naruto and Bleach...

How about Ranma 1/2? She couldn't even end the manga well much less get the anime to end satisfyingly.

Fj0823

Yeah, but that Naruto and Sasuke final fight was lit though.

This I can agree on.

But I was far too angry after the "lets talk about Kaguya to try and make her look like she's not a plot device to get rid of Madara" fillers

Farsi

This I can agree on.

But I was far too angry after the "lets talk about Kaguya to try and make her look like she's not a plot device to get rid of Madara" fillers

Oh man that twist pissed me off, Madara going out like that was such bullshit. He was a really solid villain and he deserved a good send off.

Arjayes

Banned
People keep mentioning Bleach but the books show that the author had a pretty good plan for the series and painted the SS in a very dark light which would have made it interesting (for me) but he was forced out of town and we got what we got. (Speaking of the manga)

For the anime, it ended on a pretty cool fight and Bleach was always a great anime but a terrible manga. Naruto ended like... like they knew they wanted more money lol.

Mengetsu

Studio Pierrot's treatment of the series soured me good. Between bad animation and filler hell I couldn't deal anymore.

Cyber Connect2 treated it with more respect.

DrkSage

I think we can all agree that any anime that has badass fights and the conclusion/ending to each fight and to the anime itself is because the power of friendship, is trash.

Example no. 1 soul eater

People keep mentioning Bleach but the books show that the author had a pretty good plan for the series and painted the SS in a very dark light which would have made it interesting (for me) but he was forced out of town and we got... what we got.

what the fuck are you even talking about. Kubo was the creator of bleach from beginning to end

decisions

An OG Naurto lover, I just started watchig Shippuden and am worried that the ending will kill me because I love these characters so much...

If I just watch the anime will I be good after many filler episodes? Or do I have to watch The Last, Boruto Movie, etc.? Because honestly the whole idea of Boruto just totally disinterests/bothers me.

I think we can all agree that any anime that has badass fights and the conclusion/ending to each fight and to the anime itself is because the power of friendship, is trash.

Example no. 1 soul eater
literally Fairy Tail's conclusion to fucking everything lol

Wrong! The Steins;Gate OVAs are THE worst butchering of an ending.

The OVAs themselves are pretty good, but they retroactively ruin the 10/10 masterpiece ending of the original anime. And not only that, but the second one ruins the original ending further AND ruins the ending of the first OVA. They both backtrack like crazy, rendering each preceding ending meaningless.

Like, with all due respect, Naruto was never good. Steins;Gate was perfection before the moneygrabbing got to it.

An OG Naurto lover, I just started watchig Shippuden and am worried that the ending will kill me because I love these characters so much...

If I just watch the anime will I be good after many filler episodes? Or do I have to watch The Last, Boruto Movie, etc.? Because honestly the whole idea of Boruto just totally disinterests/bothers me.

Honestly the way they chose to end the anime is honestly nowhere near the top of Shippuden's problems. The final manga arc was complete fucking garbage as well

Bleach says hi.

OP is talking about anime, Bleach final arc hasn't gotten animated.

I agree Fj, no reason to keep putting filler in the anime when the manga had ended.

People keep mentioning Bleach but the books show that the author had a pretty good plan for the series and painted the SS in a very dark light which would have made it interesting (for me) but he was forced out of town and we got what we got. (Speaking of the manga)

For the anime, it ended on a pretty cool fight and Bleach was always a great anime but a terrible manga. Naruto ended like... like they knew they wanted more money lol.

He ended it because he wanted to.

Can't Fear Your Own World is good stuff, can't wait for Volume 2.

Geist-

I haven't watched this show in a decade, but it being a part of my childhood kind of makes me want to finish it. Should I just find a filler guide and skip all the filler?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Not like the source material is much better tbh. It's a shame so many long running stories like bleach, naruto and fairy tail all ended up having insanely horrible endings and final arcs. It's probably better that one piece, hunter x hunter and berserk never end tbh

Ono has pretty much said he already knows how OP ends. So if it ends in disaster, at least it was a planned disaster.

Edit: Oda, not Ono. Not sure how the hell I screwed that one up.

well it's more the manga but Bleach is still my favorite shitty ending, Kubo had zero excuse for getting caught with his pants down, he had more than enough to time wrap everything up, im impressed with how much he fucked it up.

You can probably look up a filler list and just skip those episodes. I recommend watching The Last since the anime skips over it probably expecting people to have seen it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wrong! The Steins;Gate OVAs are THE worst butchering of an ending.

The OVAs themselves are pretty good, but they retroactively ruin the 10/10 masterpiece ending of the original anime. And not only that, but the second one ruins the original ending further AND ruins the ending of the first OVA. They both backtrack like crazy, rendering each preceding ending meaningless.

Like, with all due respect, Naruto was never good. Steins;Gate was perfection before the moneygrabbing got to it.

I actually don't even know what you're talking about. Episode 25 and the movie?

Top Bottom