• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Abbott leaving SA will be very sad. SA needs to deal with this issue. Cricinfo has the story so far.

Sad, you guys have lost heaps to County Cricket. In some ways I don't blame him, at 29 he's only played 6 tests and has proven he's easily good enough, he was almost unplayable in Australia. But being forever waiting on one of Steyn, Philander and Rabada to be injuried just to get a game must be wearing.

Are there any fit West Indians anywhere? Bravo gone, Russell now gone and Pollard moves like a racehorse that's about to be put down.

Omikron

Handscomb now keeping after Wade has gone off with some sort of injury. Also been raining all morning and they only just got on the field.

hamchan

Man South African cricket seems messed up when a bowler as good as Kyle Abbott has to choose playing English County cricket over playing for his country.

Rezbit

So that Hurricanes/Renegades game was one of the best run chases you'll ever see, with one of the best individual batting performances in T20.

jambo

FFS Australia -_-

AkEE5PO.png

Somehow Hazelwood takes part in a 54 run last wicket partnership but still manages to get out for a diamond duck. That would have to be one of the most unique innings of all time.

Edit: Yep the longest diamond duck of all time at 26 minutes in all forms of cricket, more than doubling the previous record of 10mins.

Words can't even describe what happened today in the NZ vs Aus match lol.

I was honestly left speechless watching it all unfold. :D

As a New Zealander obviously I was happy, but still felt for Stoinis after he got so close to being the hero. Reminded me of Astle's crazy test knock in the sense that it was so impressive but still in a losing effort.

lol @ Hazelwood though. Longest diamond duck is some accomplishment to have.

Jezbollah

Alistair Cook has resigned as England Test captain. I think that's a great move for him, no doubt Root will be designated as his successor.

I hope this releases Cook to be the batsman we know he can be. I think that's something I've been looking forward to for a while.

Adam Voges has retired realised he'll never get picked again and has walked from international cricket.

Goes down the the 2nd best test cricketer of all time judging on average, truly a unique career.

9CHQ52v.jpg

S Marsh must be the most overprotective aussie cricketer ever... I mean Watson had a fair run but fuck!

I assume since he's playing in the one lead up game, SMarsh is in for Khawaja for the first test. I love how India prepare a greenish well grassed pitch for the A game while I imagine the first test pitch will be barely leveled dirt.

Holyshit Australia is prepared. Against india a they piled runs easily. I think India is loosing this if they underestimate australia. I put my money on australia taking series or draw.

The Indian commentators reckon they've never seen a pitch like it and Warnie has called it a Day 8 pitch.

MMarsh also playing, the guy will play 100+ tests and no one will remember anything he did of any note.

Rezbit

Khawaja dropped and BOTH Marsh brothers brought back in....

....aaaaaahahahahaha fuck we are gonna get smashed. In before both of them nick off.

kmag

So how many do people think M Marsh will get. Seems mad to play a third seamer as the allrounder especially when he's not exactly a great test batsman.

So how many do people think M Marsh will get. Seems mad to play a third seamer as the allrounder especially when he's not exactly a great test batsman.

I'd love to be wrong but I'm guessing not much.

Australia are obsessed with finding an allrounder at 6 who bowls pace. MMarsh's bowling is pretty good as a 4th fast option but his batting is atrocious at test level. Cartwright's bowling was pedestrian at best and he was probably the only person over the summer that Yasir bamboozled, not a good sign for India. Henriques is in incredible form but barely bowls anymore and he makes Watto look like a prize race horse at times. Finally Faulkner is more of a bowling allrounder though his long form batting has been better this year.

Edit: And of course in the process of writing that post MMarsh gets out for SFA.

really wanted Starc to go apeshit this morning...shame.

GAF-BET is reporting the over/under for muffed chances by Wade in the Indian 1st innings at: 2.5

Place your bets.

Top Bottom