• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

legend166

Starc and Hazlewood tearing through the top order!

Honestly for all the talk of our spinners those two are the key to this series. The most success we've had in India was due to our pace attack.

Rezbit

Cricinfo commentator with SOKs first wicket: "Comes charging out at Australia's weakest bowler and looks to heave him over long-off."

To use an old meme, nek minnit: "O'Keefe to Jadeja, OUT, he has five!"

Look at this idiot!

O'Keefe wrecking them.

It was a good call though, Last time Australia won in India it was off the back of McGrath, Gillespie and Kasprowicz bowling line and length.

I don't think anyone expected India to lose their mind against O'Keefe. Though yet again SOK out bowls Garry in the same team.

Rezbit

Shaun Marsh just does not have the temperament for test cricket. Whatever it is, be it nerves or the jump in skill, he clearly just does not have what it takes. I realise that hand grenades are coming off this pitch, but not even a run in 20 balls? Pls.

DeSo

Banned
Nah, India just didn't give our bowlers enough respect.

They'll bounce back for the rest of the series, but if we manage to win this game it'll be a winning series. I gave us no chance to win a game.

Nah, India just didn't give our bowlers enough respect.

They'll bounce back for the rest of the series, but if we manage to win this game it'll be a winning series. I gave us no chance to win a game.

You can not underestimate australia. Even in their shitty days they are top 3 lol.

wachie

You can not underestimate australia. Even in their shitty days they are top 3 lol.
To be honest, they played at home and against weaker sides. It's good that they woke up and let the older guys go and bled the new ones in.

SOK doesnt look anything special based on what I saw, its just that the Indian middle order was playing weaker sides and was largely untested.

Also Kholi is bad with reviews, like he is worse than the Bangladesh captain.

This is Australia's match to win, India has zero chance.

I'd feel comfortable past 400, maybe 450.

So much time left in the game and with so little fast bowling to create footmarks.

smith-steve-ashes_3326399.jpg

Smith is the best batsman in the world right? Can anyone make a case for anyone else?

Scary thing is that he's only getting better. Not one of those that starts well then slowly declines.

Less than 6 overs in and India have now burnt both of their reviews, if Kohli goes early this is over today.

Love how the Indian batsmen are so confused by that most deadly of deliveries, the straight ball that does absolutely nothing. This is amazing.

Smith is the best batsman in the world right? Can anyone make a case for anyone else?

Can't be, he hasn't got a hundred in the UAE ;)

EDIT: Now he's got 10 for the match. Incredible

DeSo

Banned
As someone who was calling for his selection since the 2010/11 Ashes I couldn't be happier for Sok. I'm not going to get ahead of myself and say he will be an incredible spinner for the rest of his career but I will acknowledge an amazing performance.

hamchan

I'm actually legitimately so fucking proud of Australia. Especially after all the media was saying how they would get 4-0 whitewashed by India.

Plus O'Keefe showing why he deserved his spot in this team for a while now.

Rezbit

As someone who doesn't get much spin that deck was almost tailor made for SOK. "It might turn...or not! Who knows?!" Sounds like he put it in a good consistent spot every ball and let the pitch do the rest.

Top Bottom