• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

3N16MA

Banned
ejL6P.png

a90Gv.png

3hJPQ.png

KA4xE.png

tRgFO.png

Py3ds.png

nsr0F.png

AVWN5.png

HEDVX.png

The new iPad vs. iPad 2 display

D2iob.jpg

1Kgjtl.jpg

Reviews

The Verge
Engadget
TechCrunch
Macworld
The New York Times
All Things D
The Loop
Pocket-lint
The Wall Street Journal
Slash Gear

Hands-On Impressions: iPad

The Verge
Engadget
Slash Gear
Wired
CBS News
CNET
TechRadar

Hands-On Impressions: iPhoto for iOS

Wired
PC MAG
CNET
Slash Gear
Laptop Mag

RAM Info

The Verge

4G usage outside Canada/U.S.

Slash Gear
MacRumors

The new iPad Wallpapers

kitchenmotors wallpaper thread

Choose your country: http://www.apple.com/choose-your-country/
Keynote: http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/123pibhargjknawdconwecown/event/index.html

Magnus

So, the camera on an iPhone 4S is actually better than the one on here? And the one on a 4 is about the same?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
nice on the resolution, my ipad 2 doesn't suddenly look garbage though, which sort of surprises me.

Sort of tempted to get one, how is the ipad for reading comics? That will probably be my primary use for the thing, along with web browsing.

Cdammen

Meh. That was my reaction to it. Sold my iPad 2 in anticipation, will not be buying the third revision. I know it will change but iOS is so dull at the moment. Fantastic screen and build quality though.

Biff

Quite unimpressive.

They've finally given average users nothing to care about. Display resolution and 4G/LTE means nothing to moms, dads and teens.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Going to have to see this thing in person to see how amazing the screen is. I like most people don't have a monitor that's current that res let alone something that res that's that small.

Definitely going to be a seeing is believing moment me thinks.

Quick

Banned
Sort of tempted to get one, how is the ipad for reading comics? That will probably be my primary use for the thing, along with web browsing.

Pretty good, actually. No need to zoom in on panes since it's big enough to accommodate a whole page with text clearly readable.

I uploaded a few comics in PDF format and read them using iBooks on my parents' iPad.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
nice on the resolution, my ipad 2 doesn't suddenly look garbage though, which sort of surprises me.
Me too. I think I might wait for the newer iPad before I upgrade, which I hope will finally offer more space.

Pein

Banned
Placed my order, now the waiting game begins.

Next week is amazing for me, Ipad and tales of graces f.

I know it's early but will cases for iPad 1 and 2 still work for this?

Asking because I think I read something about this being a little thicker..

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Quite unimpressive.

They've finally given average users nothing to care about. Display resolution and 4G/LTE means nothing to moms, dads and teens.

The implication here was that average users didn't care about iPad 2 and were skeptically holding out for great improvements in the iPad 3.

FreeMufasa

My first Apple product and tablet!

Really excited for this. Not sure if i'll have the money for launch though.

EDIT: Only £399 YES!

3N16MA

Banned
Quite unimpressive.

What would mean something to that demographic? The display on the iPhone 4 had to be seen to really appreciate it and I expect the same for the iPad.

sarcastor

uhqrD.jpg

my 30" monitor has a resolution of 2560x1600.

The New Ipad is 9.7 inches and has a resolution of 2048x1536.

that is just freaking ridiculous. Can't wait to stand in line 5 hours to buy one :/

Top Bottom