• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Xbox One Experience Beta |OT| Beta tested in the future

A couple of weeks ago i wasnt sure if it was gonna be stable for release. But these last updates these last days made it very stable and smoother. Looks like its gonna be fine on release day. :)

I doubt it. It's improved but I still have lots of issues, pouring through this thread and others shows people still having issues too.

It's gonna be rough when this launches.

gossi

I want to revert back to the current production dashboard.

My Astro A40's chat doesn't work and it's driving me nuts.

There's no point, if you factory restore (even via USB) you will get NXE again. If you unenroll entirely from beta it takes a while. The dash launches to all next week. PS: Make sure you report the A40's not working.

There's no point, if you factory restore (even via USB) you will get NXE again. If you unenroll entirely from beta it takes a while. The dash launches to all next week. PS: Make sure you report the A40's not working.

Thanks. I just looked up how to do that. Will do

It's gonna be rough when this launches.

Even if it works fine for most people, the ones having problems will make lots of noise and given all the reports during the beta period from the massive amount of preview members, the impression will be that it is a disaster. I think the large amount of people in the program and allowing them to publically discuss everything about it will be looked back on as a mistake.

One interesting thing is that everyone I know in RL who has an XB1 is already in the preview program anyway. I'm wondering just what percentage of active XB1 users are in the program to begin with and therefore already have the new dash. Personally, I have had very few problems with the dash recently, and neither have any of the aforementioned RL known owners. While I am sure there are many here and elsewhere having issues, and the launch will no doubt have it's share of casualties, I'm hopeful that most people can update without problems.

The other thing to keep in mind is that ordinary users (i.e. not preview types) will likely consider any changes in interface to be a negative, at least initially. This is always the case with a new interface. The "Where is X? / Why did they change Y?" griping will be strong, like always. I did not like the new layout at first either, but it has grown on me as I've gotten used to it. There are still lots of things that could be changed for the better, but this is one of those areas where you can't please everyone. Hopefully they will continue to refine this over time since getting on the new kernel was a major part of the troubles.

gossi

Yeah, the forums will be nuts around Kinect gestures not working, not being able to see who is in a party before joining etc. E200 programs, bricked Xboxes etc. It is a huge change and NeoGAF, Reddit etc are going to be absolutely fucking brutal, even if it goes quite well.

Although for reference, Zoid, none of my many real life friends are in the Preview Program. I doubt most people are in the program.

TheKeyPit

Banned
One solution being faster or more convenient than the other varies a lot depending on the conditions. When you're not holding a controller, scrolling a list is usually more comfortable with the grabbing/pushing motions than by uttering "page down" several times. Also you don't have to disambiguate when there are several items with the same name onscreen.
Going to home is also much more natural with the dual grabbing motion. So is going back to fullscreen : with gesture, just raise your hand and push. With voice, you need to remember the right name of your application, or trigger the voice menus.

That's not even mentioning other situations like interacting with the menus while on the phone, eating, etc.
One of the major strengths of the Xbox UI isn't that it has one control method that is best for everything, but that it offers a wide range of differnt control solutions that you can choose at any time. Removing some of those degrades its quality.
If some users are annoyed by gestures, it would have been easy to add an option to disable the feature in the setting, without killing it for everybody.

+1

gossi

how do i downgrade dashboard? i want out of beta and preview program thing

Go to the Preview app and opt out. However opting out of preview takes a while (at least a week right now) and factory resets your Xbox (wipes everything, inc the games). Also, the new dashboard is a mandatory update for all from November 12th.

Nephtes

Sigh, almost release and still no Achievements on the Guide. And Achievement app icon still brings you to the snapped version. Ugh.

The Achievement improvements I want are never going to happen huh?

gossi

Sigh, almost release and still no Achievements on the Guide. And Achievement app icon still brings you to the snapped version. Ugh.

As far as I know, no. They're feature locked for NXE.

Nephtes

As far as I know, no. They're feature locked for NXE.

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to launch NXOE without a "single click" method to get to the standalone Achievements app...

I shouldn't have to navigate to my profile to see my Achievements... Or worse...snap an app.

gossi

what are the chances that Microsoft has a much more stable, better version of the NXE that hasn't been released to the preview member at all?

The build numbers we get are on average 3 days behind. So yeah, they will have newer builds. However they're feature locked so it's just minor bug fixes at this stage.

Raide

what are the chances that Microsoft has a much more stable, better version of the NXE that hasn't been released to the preview member at all?

If they follow the same pattern as Win 10, they are always several versions ahead in testing. Nearer to launch Win 10 was very stable with only a few issues. NXE will hopefully be the same.

If they follow the same pattern as Win 10, they are always several versions ahead in testing. Nearer to launch Win 10 was very stable with only a few issues. NXE will hopefully be the same.

that's good....this preview release has been so weird for me. it runs fine, but has so many little glitches. the most annoying one for me is, for some reason my controller while on the dash(not in game) is constantly pressing up, like the cursor is just always scrolling up, thankfully this hasn't effected any games though.

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to launch NXOE without a "single click" method to get to the standalone Achievements app...

I shouldn't have to navigate to my profile to see my Achievements... Or worse...snap an app.
When you press on a notification now, it brings it up a quick overlay of the achievement. Achievements need better implementation without a doubt, but that's a nice improvement for the time being.

Been having serious external HD issues with the new update.

Whenever the HD is plugged in, games and apps will not open (took too long to open) and I can't even open settings.

Without the HD attached everything works fine.

Any advice?

ozprime

Nice long list of fixes...

A New Xbox One Experience update is rolling out to NXOE Preview participants tonight at 6PM PT, November 4th. This update contains many key fixes and stability improvements - see below for details.

HOW TO GET IT:

• If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.

• NOTE: Once the update is available to your wave, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.

• If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PT 11/6/2015, you will be prompted to do so at that time.

DETAILS:

• OS version released: th2_xbox_rel_1510.151102-1933

• Available: 6:00PM PST 11/4 (2AM GMT 11/5)

FIXES:

• Parties:

• You should no longer receive party invite notifications when no one is signed in.

• This build contains a fix to address issues with choppy audio after pressing mute on the controller.

• Guide:

• This build contains a fix to address issues with the Guide failing to open.

• This build contains a fix to address issues with the Guide crashing after launch.

• The Guide should no longer crash when navigating to the Messages tab or selecting Invite More on the party tab (which would subsequently remove you from the party).

• Installation:

• When copying content from the internal hard drive to an external hard drive or vice versa, the progress bar should no longer display values in excess of 100%.

• You should no longer encounter issues installing certain titles from a disc when Play disc automatically is disabled.

• This build contains a fix to address issues with installations in progress failing to continue when the console enters connected standby.

• In-game marketplaces: This build contains a fix to address issues with crashes when purchasing content from in-game marketplaces in certain titles (including Gems of War and Guacamelee: STCE).

• Privacy Settings: You should no longer encounter an error message or incorrect information when accessing Privacy & online safety in Settings.

• Backgrounds: This build contains a fix to address issues with frequent dashboard crashes after changing the background.

• MTU errors: MTU should no longer be reported incorrectly, and you should no longer encounter MTU errors when performing a multiplayer connection test.

• PLEX: The PLEX app should no longer close when suspended during video playback and resumed at a later time.

FEATURED FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITIES:

Our highlighted feedback opportunity for this release is:

• Calendar Survey: We would love more feedback on the Community Calendar app. If you haven't already, be sure to download it from Beta Games and Apps in the Preview Dashboard app, then take this survey!

KNOWN ISSUES:

General System Issues:

• Wallpapers and custom backgrounds: Some users may be unable to set their background from a screenshot or achievement art.

• Party and game chat: You may be unable to hear others when joining a party chat. Workaround: Switching to game chat should allow you to hear others correctly.

Game and App Issues:

• YouTube: Videos in the “Purchases” section of the YouTube app will only play for about ten seconds before throwing an error.

Thanks for participating in the Preview Program!

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_a...review_forums/nxoe_1509/f/5543/t/2068288.aspx

(This link will only work for those with the New Xbox One Experience).

El_Chino

Just updated to tonight's build and already have a problem. I lost my home screen background and can't see to get it back after resetting the background and hard reboot.

Just updated to tonight's build and already have a problem. I lost my home screen background and can't see to get it back after resetting the background and hard reboot.

Did you read the list of known issues that is like 3 posts above? Not being able to set a background is aknown issue. Make sure you report it via the preview app

I'm updating my console and the download it's stuck at 51%, what should I do?

Edit: Nevermind the download is now back on normal speed, weird this is the first time that something like this happens to me.

lem0n

Anyone else's connection just dropping every couple of hours on wireless? It's infuriating and it only just started recently.

Chronos24

I'm having an odd problem. So I'm not sure where the problem lies exactly, but up until recently every voice command with Kinect has been fine, especially when using the volume up/down command to toggle my surround sound. Now, every command still works, except that! Mute and unmute work, but no matter what I do as many times as I say it (and the little message at the top right says "volume up/down" it won't adjust my volume. I've configured and reconfigured everything down to the T and it just won't work. Oddly enough when going through the guide me process to get the right remote code when it sends a volume up command it works but only then. If anyone has a suggestion I'm all ears.

PS I've sent several reports to MS on it, just getting anyone's take.

gossi

I'm having an odd problem. So I'm not sure where the problem lies exactly, but up until recently every voice command with Kinect has been fine, especially when using the volume up/down command to toggle my surround sound. Now, every command still works, except that! Mute and unmute work, but no matter what I do as many times as I say it (and the little message at the top right says "volume up/down" it won't adjust my volume. I've configured and reconfigured everything down to the T and it just won't work. Oddly enough when going through the guide me process to get the right remote code when it sends a volume up command it works but only then. If anyone has a suggestion I'm all ears.

PS I've sent several reports to MS on it, just getting anyone's take.

I had this problem, and I know the fix! It's a bug. You have to reset the TV configuration - under (I think) troubleshooting there's an option to wipe the TV config and start from scratch. That fixed the issue for me.

mike4001_

And Achievement app icon still brings you to the snapped version. Ugh.

The achievements are now located in your profile. It´s completely redesigned and of course full screen.

The "achievement app" is really just if you want to snap it while playing a game.

Pachimari

I don't know in which thread to ask this, but I just bought a new Xbox One, and it doesn't turn up in my source list on my TV.

I have connected it with the HDMI cable it came with but it doesn't show up, and have tried with the HDMI cable from my PS4, and it still doesn't show up. So I know the HDMI cable works.

Is this because the Xbox One have to update first, before my TV recognizes that the device is connected?

I also accidentally took out the power cable (and I don't know if it is updating, as I can't see anything on the TV), so I hope nothing got bricked.

I don't know in which thread to ask this, but I just bought a new Xbox One, and it doesn't turn up in my source list on my TV.

I have connected it with the HDMI cable it came with but it doesn't show up, and have tried with the HDMI cable from my PS4, and it still doesn't show up. So I know the HDMI cable works.

Is this because the Xbox One have to update first, before my TV recognizes that the device is connected?

I also accidentally took out the power cable (and I don't know if it is updating, as I can't see anything on the TV), so I hope nothing got bricked.

Maybe you have the hdmi in the wrong hdmi slot on the back of the box, there's two. One is for the tv stuff. I do that sometimes when I've been unplugging and changing stuff over. You want the one right next to the power cable .

Keys

This may sound stupid but have you connected the hdmi calbe to the right hdmi port? The xbox have two on the back you need to use the tv out one, it's the one next to where you put the power cable.
To update the xbox you need to connect it to the internet so I don't think that you bricked it.

Pachimari

Maybe you have the hdmi in the wrong hdmi slot on the back of the box, there's two. One is for the tv stuff. I do that sometimes when I've been unplugging and changing stuff over. You want the one right next to the power cable .

This may sound stupid but have you connected the hdmi calbe to the right hdmi port? The xbox have two on the back you need to use the tv out one, it's the one next to where you put the power cable.
To update the xbox you need to connect it to the internet so I don't think that you bricked it.

Yeah, I just found out. I feel so stupid now.

[edit]
Okay, so counting everything I have sold from my Xbox One package that were included (games and controller), I have ultimately spent $145 on my 500GB Xbox One (brand new, not used). The normal price here is $440. Not bad.

Top Bottom