• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Xbox One Experience Beta |OT| Beta tested in the future

Pachimari

This Xbox One is super nice so far. I'm actually surprised. I think the userinterface is a bit slow, where it have to load everytime I set something to download, but I really like that I can pin to start.

There's lots of useful apps, and even my 1-month subscription to EA Access which were included in my purchase, turned out to be a 1-year subscription.

Loving this. Heading out to buy Halo 5 now.

[edit]
I'm surprised there's no headset included. So I have to go out there and buy one ugh.

Max_Po

Banned
3.5GB update this morning.

It's fixed Edge, so no more stutters and the context menu works.

I only got a 374 mb update....I had to manually go to settings and check though...where r u located ....? Perhaps they are pushing out a major update

sonto340

I've gotten multiple 3.5GB updates since October.
I'm pretty sure I read if you missed an update and then another one comes out, instead of sending out both updates they just send you the entirety of the dashboard again.
I'm just glad I don't have a bandwith cap or else I'd be fucked this month already.

ozprime

Yeah, I just found out. I feel so stupid now.

[edit]
Okay, so counting everything I have sold from my Xbox One package that were included (games and controller), I have ultimately spent $145 on my 500GB Xbox One (brand new, not used). The normal price here is $440. Not bad.

It's the first (and only) only console with both an HDMI in and out port, and if you have no need for the TV stuff, it probably never entered your mind.

derFeef

I've gotten multiple 3.5GB updates since October.
I'm pretty sure I read if you missed an update and then another one comes out, instead of sending out both updates they just send you the entirety of the dashboard again.
I'm just glad I don't have a bandwith cap or else I'd be fucked this month already.

Well if you have caps you probably would not be entering the preview program anyway.

This Xbox One is super nice so far. I'm actually surprised. I think the userinterface is a bit slow, where it have to load everytime I set something to download, but I really like that I can pin to start.

There's lots of useful apps, and even my 1-month subscription to EA Access which were included in my purchase, turned out to be a 1-year subscription.

Loving this. Heading out to buy Halo 5 now.

[edit]
I'm surprised there's no headset included. So I have to go out there and buy one ugh.

Wait until you get onto the NXE. Much nicer

MauroNL

A New Xbox One Experience update is rolling out to NXOE Preview participants tonight at 6PM PT, November 4th. This update contains many key fixes and stability improvements - see below for details.

HOW TO GET IT

If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
NOTE: Once the update is available to your wave, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PT 11/6/2015, you will be prompted to do so at that time.

DETAILS

OS version released: th2_xbox_rel_1510.151102-1933
Available: 6:00PM PST 11/4 (2AM GMT 11/5) 

FIXES

Parties:
- You should no longer receive party invite notifications when no one is signed in.
- This build contains a fix to address issues with choppy audio after pressing mute on the controller.

Guide:
- This build contains a fix to address issues with the Guide failing to open.
- This build contains a fix to address issues with the Guide crashing after launch.
- The Guide should no longer crash when navigating to the Messages tab or selecting Invite More on the party tab (which would subsequently remove you from the party).

Installation:
- When copying content from the internal hard drive to an external hard drive or vice versa, the progress bar should no longer display values in excess of 100%.
- You should no longer encounter issues installing certain titles from a disc when Play disc automatically is disabled.
- This build contains a fix to address issues with installations in progress failing to continue when the console enters connected standby.

In-game marketplaces:
-This build contains a fix to address issues with crashes when purchasing content from in-game marketplaces in certain titles (including Gems of War and Guacamelee: STCE).

Privacy Settings:
- You should no longer encounter an error message or incorrect information when accessing Privacy & online safety in Settings.

Backgrounds:
This build contains a fix to address issues with frequent dashboard crashes after changing the background.

MTU errors:
MTU should no longer be reported incorrectly, and you should no longer encounter MTU errors when performing a multiplayer connection test.

PLEX:
The PLEX app should no longer close when suspended during video playback and resumed at a later time.

FEATURED FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITIES

Our highlighted feedback opportunities for this release is:

Mic Check: Test out adding commentary to your favorite clips
Calendar Survey: We would love more feedback on the Community Calendar app. If you haven't already, be sure to download it from Beta Games and Apps in the Preview Dashboard app, then take this survey!

KNOWN ISSUES

General System Issues:

Wallpapers and custom backgrounds:
Some users may be unable to set their background from a screenshot or achievement art.
Party and game chat:
You may be unable to hear others when joining a party chat.
Workaround: Switching to game chat should allow you to hear others correctly.
Game and App Issues:

YouTube:
Videos in the “Purchases” section of the YouTube app will only play for about ten seconds before throwing an error.

Newest update, don't know how big it is.

Pachimari

Hmm. Gotta check the trash container for the box I threw out, and see if it said what is supposed to be included.

[edit]
I actually think some comes with a headset while it's not included in others. At least searchin Google some others didn't get a headset as well.

Mine as well, I remember there was a controvercy where MS didn't want to include a headset at first (because Kinect) but then revised that and included one with every console.

Kinect mic pickup quality is rather low, should really only be used as a backup mic (as I do ATM)

No headset in the newer console boxes sucks, they are £20 on their own...

*edit* now that there's the 3.5mm controllers maybe microsoft should bundle in a cheaper hands free style set of earbuds.

Kssio_Aug

Yeah. Well my first impression of this default dashboard is, that to has been a confusing experience to me. I even had a hard time finding Settings but I eventually found it by mistake.

Can you reorder your pinned apps/games with NXOE?

Dont ask me why, but it seems you can't.
You can reorder your pins using Smarglass on your smartphone though!

While the NXOE has come along nicely with regards to stability and functionality over the course of the beta, I still find it to be sluggish and unresponsive at times. Rebooting the console initially helps but it eventually goes back to being sluggish. I hope it gets better as we near mass release.

Alx

While the NXOE has come along nicely with regards to stability and functionality over the course of the beta, I still find it to be sluggish and unresponsive at times. Rebooting the console initially helps but it eventually goes back to being sluggish. I hope it gets better as we near mass release.

It's also possible that the preview builds are running many debug/logging tasks in the background that slow it down the longer you use it. (or maybe not).
Anyway, I think it's mostly acceptable at its current state, except for the "go home" command that is definitely sluggish. More than once I pushed the guide button, only to wait for a few seconds wondering if it registered or if I should press it again.

The achievements are now located in your profile. It´s completely redesigned and of course full screen.

The "achievement app" is really just if you want to snap it while playing a game.

Its a shame there's no 2 kinect voice commands available for the achievements.. "Go to achievements" would take you to the full screen stuff, and "snap achievements" does what it always does

To be honest I'd just like something done to unlock my achievements that havnt popped yet, Halo 5 finished on heroic and no achievements, and my Forza Horizon 2 gold wristband which has been over a year now!

Well I'll be, the Halo 5 achievements just unlocked, lol

Apt101

That's all looking pretty slick. It's like they took some of the good ideas from Valve (many which they did away with) and improved upon it. Like a mix of what was good from the old Steam and what was working on the X1.

i wonder if, when the new dash launches, itll take people new to it through the changes first.

we all know about how to do things, but for people who dont keep up with games and just launch the console on the 12th, some shit is gonna throw them for a loop

Yoday

A headset is included with new consoles. Or have they taken it out now?

I think these might have been old consoles they wanted to get rid of? But then again, it was a FIFA/Ori bundle.
I'm pretty sure they removed the headset from bundles that include the new controller that has the headset plug built in. Check the controller that came with your new system, and if it has a headset port you can use any standard headset for chat. Most people have at least some kind of cheap headset that came with a phone.

gossi

Update on my TV 50hz woes with latest update - a hard reset fixed it. It looks like it may happen if you played a game before swapping to TV.

Pachimari

I'm pretty sure they removed the headset from bundles that include the new controller that has the headset plug built in. Check the controller that came with your new system, and if it has a headset port you can use any standard headset for chat. Most people have at least some kind of cheap headset that came with a phone.
Wait, so do I have the new and updated standard controller? The one with fixed bumpers?

The one I have here has a jackstick for headsets.

I bought a Forza 6 limited xbone yesterday, and it has an headset.
Yeah, some consoles come with a headset, and some don't.

LUXURY

Sorry but two years later this console shouldn't have a problem keeping a keeping a party from crashing. That is my biggest issue with this console. The new experience didn't help anything. There are times where there are no disconnects, then there are times where it's happening all night. I don't understand why it's so unsteady. Xbox 360 never had this issue.

Yoday

Wait, so do I have the new and updated standard controller? The one with fixed bumpers?

The one I have here has a jackstick for headsets.

Yeah, some consoles come with a headset, and some don't.
If it has a standard headset port in the bottom, then yes.

Somnia

If I do the big promotion this weekend at gamestop and trade my current white system in towards an elite bundle will I get back on the NXOE right away since I'm already in? or will I have to "re-register" for the program?

If I do the big promotion this weekend at gamestop and trade my current white system in towards an elite bundle will I get back on the NXOE right away since I'm already in? or will I have to "re-register" for the program?

You have to register the console I think which is done when you sign up on the console itself, a new console most likely doesn't see beta updates.

gossi

console based. So you would need to reenroll.

However it launches in a week, which is probably before you would get through enrolment anyway.

Somnia

console based. So you would need to reenroll.

However it launches in a week, which is probably before you would get through enrolment anyway.

You have to register the console I think which is done when you sign up on the console itself, a new console most likely doesn't see beta updates.

Thanks, so I'm still in the preview program, I just have to re-register the new system basically is how I'm reading online?

When I got my Halo 5 console I got right back into the preview program within a day on that machine.

You do have to download the preview app and enroll the console, but it's pretty quick.

Somnia

When I got my Halo 5 console I got right back into the preview program within a day on that machine.

You do have to download the preview app and enroll the console, but it's pretty quick.

Yep. They reenroll through waves. It took me a few weeks to get back in last time.

Awesome thanks guys.

Getting an elite console bundle with a lunar white controller for about $200 out of pocket so it's a no brainer to me. (the free game is being traded right in towards the cost of the elite since I am 100% digital).

Thankfully everything is on an external so I don't have to re-download my games. At least I'll use the hybrid HDD to turn on faster haha

Awesome thanks guys.

Getting an elite console bundle with a lunar white controller for about $200 out of pocket so it's a no brainer to me. (the free game is being traded right in towards the cost of the elite since I am 100% digital).

Thankfully everything is on an external so I don't have to re-download my games. At least I'll use the hybrid HDD to turn on faster haha

Yeah it may be the new console's get the NXOE when a new build goes out, it's been going out almost daily now so hopefully should get you in quick.. or the 12th when it goes live for all.

Another question, if you have two consoles in the Preview Program do you get 2x the points for doing the surveys etc? I wouldn't think so but I never checked.

So I am honestly surprised they haven't converted the preview members over yet. They have a week left before NXOE is released to the public... I'm not complaining, but at this point i am wondering if they are just switching us over a day or 2 before or if they just gave up on that.

So I am honestly surprised they haven't converted the preview members over yet. They have a week left before NXOE is released to the public... I'm not complaining, but at this point i am wondering if they are just switching us over a day or 2 before or if they just gave up on that.

I got converted to NXOE yesterday as a preview member.

Top Bottom