• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Xbox One Experience Beta |OT| Beta tested in the future

gossi

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to watch YouTube videos, Twitch streams or Live TV in PiP mode while playing a game or does it still take up the entire side of your screen still?

You can watch YouTube, Twitch and TV while snapped on NXE, yes. However I think it was possible to do this with the existing dashboard - I've watched snapped TV and twitch before.

Oh, you can't watch it without the snap.

Kssio_Aug

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to watch YouTube videos, Twitch streams or Live TV in PiP mode while playing a game or does it still take up the entire side of your screen still?

Still takes the sid of your screen. =(

Also... why I can't watch netflix snapped anymore?? T-T

dmix90

Wow. I think new dashboard is even slower than previous one. Only app that seems a little bit faster is new guide menu, everything else is the same or slower. I guess part of is that they gathering all kinds of information during your browsing through dashboard but still....... Background image RGB levels are not correct? Previously they were not correct either( too dark ) now picture is too washed out which is still wrong....... good try MS! God damnit. Whats the bloody deal Microsoft? Three OS and looks like each one has different incorrect RGB settings lol. For example compare image in media player app viewer with background image on home screen, same goes for internet explorer i think. Too dark in apps too washed out on home screen. Games are another song but i doubt they can even fix it now unless all other devs who had to use xbox upscaler, cause they were not able to do native 1080p, will patch their games for new settings. What a mess. 16-235 or 0-255, its time to choose Microsoft!

Not a fan of new look either. Tiles now are just enourmous. Game art pictures in games and apps app look blurry? Havent spent much time in new dash yet but thats my first impressions.

I got the update last night. Now my console wont connect to xbox live even though the connection settings say everything is good

Edit: nevermind had to reset settings for the network and it connected

diffusionx

Gold Member
Wow. I think new dashboard is even slower than previous one. Only app that seems a little bit faster is new guide menu, everything else is the same or slower. I guess part of is that they gathering all kinds of information during your browsing through dashboard but still....... Background image RGB levels are not correct? Previously they were not correct either( too dark ) now picture is too washed out which is still wrong....... good try MS! God damnit. Whats the bloody deal Microsoft? Three OS and looks like each one has different incorrect RGB settings lol. For example compare image in media player app viewer with background image on home screen, same goes for internet explorer i think. Too dark in apps too washed out on home screen. Games are another song but i doubt they can even fix it now unless all other devs who had to use xbox upscaler, cause they were not able to do native 1080p, will patch their games for new settings. What a mess. 16-235 or 0-255, its time to choose Microsoft!

Not a fan of new look either. Tiles now are just enourmous. Game art pictures in games and apps app look blurry? Havent spent much time in new dash yet but thats my first impressions.

Make sure you file this issue.

Head.spawn

Not really. I just reported the issues with the feedback function in the preview system. All of them though!

Cool. I've been literally messing around with things, just trying to break them so I can report it.

I figure the more dumb annoying things I point out, or features I suggest, they will like by resolved before launch.

dmix90

Make sure you file this issue.
I did. Lets hope for the best, but they had two years already to fix such basics. I dunno whats the problem really, i am sure game console, device designed to work with tv/monitors should have been properly configured for correct common movie/game industry standarts...

Saiyan-Rox

Is this extended boot up time bevause of my external drive? Cause damn its long.

Think I may opt out, the dash is too laggy ATM but I'll leave it for a day and see what happens.

Btw how are people leaving feedback? The preview app doesn't work anymore says I'm not in the program.

Can't even change my background image all the apps are crashing.

EDIT: huh I can't seem to access anything online at all :S

nath999

Is it possible to get kicked from the Preview program? I used to be part of it but I the last time I turned my console on before September was January 2015.

I don't see any of the preview apps I used to have.

Saiyan-Rox

Looks like I need to select the "Go offline" option in the network settings then go back online for my Xbox to connect but I need to do this on every boot.

Isurus

My issues after the latest update are Kintect-related. Previously, "Xbox On" would never work. Now, it works, but there is a three second or so delay from saying it and the console turning on. In terms of recognizing me and signing into live, that can take several minutes; I've just started signing in manually as opposed to waiting (I don't do auto sign on and use Kinect instead so my 6 and 4 year olds can log in easily).

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
The dashboard suddenly is saying (repeating) everything I click now and it's REALLY annoying. Did I turn something on by accident? How do I turn it off? For instance, when I click on my name in party, it'll say outloud "Shrinnan 1 of 2"

sangreal

The dashboard suddenly is saying (repeating) everything I click now and it's REALLY annoying. Did I turn something on by accident? How do I turn it off? For instance, when I click on my name in party, it'll say outloud "Shrinnan 1 of 2"

you turned the narrator on. you can turn it back off in ease of access

I think the hotkey is home+view or something

e: it's home + menu

Bsigg12

Hold the guide button until the green bar pops up and press the hamburger button. You turned on the Narrator function.

I wish they would just consolidate the different versions of the games and then once you click on it the full options list would appear. It crowds up the games list, pushes other games off screen and just looks cluttered. Other than that I don't really have many complaints. I am still eagerly awaiting a full backwards compatibility launch and Cortona though.

Bsigg12

I wish they would just consolidate the different versions of the games and then once you click on it the full options list would appear. It crowds up the games list, pushes other games off screen and just looks cluttered. Other than that I don't really have many complaints. I am still eagerly awaiting a full backwards compatibility launch and Cortona though.

Make it a suggestion on the official forums and link it back here and I'm sure a bunch of us would agree and add to it.

Suggest things here, it's the official spot for it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I am still shocked that anyone at Xbox team thought it was a good idea to display it like that. It's so ugly. I thought the new store would fix it, but nope.
There's still time for it to be fixed, though.

U2NUMB

I got a new 400mb or so update... first thing I noticed is top right it now rotates your gamerscore with name. Hopefully its more stable.. wish me luck, going in!

I got a new 400mb or so update... first thing I noticed is top right it now rotates your gamerscore with name. Hopefully its more stable.. wish me luck, going in!

Build string? Specifically the date embedded in in the string?

-----------------

Random little thing, but it's so nice that system stuff doesn't stay in your recent games & apps list, keeping that for actual games and applications that you consume content with.

I'm pretty sure I got an update too because it seems to be running a bit smoother and the blue ray tab is gone.

Yoday

Are gestures not working with the preview yet or something. I only recently got a Kinect, and I have always had issues with gestures, but now they don't seem to work at all. In the "what does Kinect see" area it shows the hand icon next to my name when I hold up my hand, so it sees me just fine, but no gestures seem to be working, and I can't get games to recognize any gestures either. So is this a preview issue?

Bsigg12

Are gestures not working with the preview yet or something. I only recently got a Kinect, and I have always had issues with gestures, but now they don't seem to work at all. In the "what does Kinect see" area it shows the hand icon next to my name when I hold up my hand, so it sees me just fine, but no gestures seem to be working, and I can't get games to recognize any gestures either. So is this a preview issue?

They're not in yet.

PrinceKee

For all you wanting in, believe me you don't. Got the update today and it's glitchy as hell. My X1 is losing connection to my wifi which also happened to my laptop with my Windows 10 upgrade come to think of it. Apps crash out the blue like the store. Pressing B sometimes goes back or sometimes opens the last game or app that was closed. My friends list hasn't populated and then the sidebar will randomly open or take me to the settings. My system has turned completely off by itself also randomly. So I regret not fully opting out of this test. But, thought the next waves wouldn't be as bad as the first waves...

Moa

For all you wanting in, believe me you don't. Got the update today and it's glitchy as hell. My X1 is losing connection to my wifi which also happened to my laptop with my Windows 10 upgrade come to think of it. Apps crash out the blue like the store. Pressing B sometimes goes back or sometimes opens the last game or app that was closed. My friends list hasn't populated and then the sidebar will randomly open or take me to the settings. My system has turned completely off by itself also randomly. So I regret not fully opting out of this test. But, thought the next waves wouldn't be as bad as the first waves...

And if you want in and don't mind testing pre-release builds, then by all means opt-in.

Top Bottom