• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Offical Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - My Life as a King Thread

So I'm on my second playthrough and I really wanted to balance out my party with members of all the race packs. All I need now are a couple of Yuke white mages but... none of my Yuke Shacks have a female novice :/

I tried tearing down and rebuilding but I keep getting the same five male Yuke novices. Is there any way around this? Does the build limit for the races ever go up?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I just realized yesterday that you can get medals by talking to people in their homes when their morale meter is maxed out.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Saint Gregory said:
I tried tearing down and rebuilding but I keep getting the same five male Yuke novices. Is there any way around this? Does the build limit for the races ever go up?
When you tear down a building, it's occupants go to live in the castle until you build them a similar building. you cannot effectively "kick out" someone from your kingdom.

borghe said:
When you tear down a building, it's occupants go to live in the castle until you build them a similar building. you cannot effectively "kick out" someone from your kingdom.

So I'm screwed :(

It seems strange that the developers wouldn't ensure that doesn't happen since you're limited to five of each of the add-on races but I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

Saint Gregory said:

It seems strange that the developers wouldn't ensure that doesn't happen since you're limited to five of each of the add-on races but I guess it's just the luck of the draw.
Sounds like it. I guess they didn't consider the 1/16 chance of them all being the same gender notable enough.

Yaweee

The game is a blast when you play through it the first time, but how they handled repeat playthroughs shows that they didn't really care. 'New Game+ only' kind of throws out balance and any motivation to buy the Race DLC, as those new adventurers start too low to be useful or earn medals.

cpro said:
The game is a blast when you play through it the first time, but how they handled repeat playthroughs shows that they didn't really care. 'New Game+ only' kind of throws out balance and any motivation to buy the Race DLC, as those new adventurers start too low to be useful or earn medals.

The main issue i have with the game+ (aside from the one in my previous post) is why have your adventurers carry over their weapons and equipment if they can't use them from the start? What, to just save them some money later in the game?

I just downloaded this game and played it for a few hours, and it is highly addictive. I'm generally not a hardcore RPG player but somehow this game works fine for me. I almost see this game as a "foot in the door" for the expanded audience to gain more interest in RPG style games. For $15 it is definitely a good value.

Juice

justchris said:
I think it was just an excuse for them to use more text. The visitors have conversation paths none of your townsfolk have.

I think they're just walking advertisements do go fork over $3 for each of the other races

Question

I built my first gaming hall away from everyone in the corner, nobody ever visits it except for my theives. So I thought I would build my second one in a high traffic area. It works great, my adventuerers stop to gamble all the time.

The problem I'm having is that alot of the times they will choose to go gambling instead of going out to fight. This is becoming a huge problem when I send a party out to defeat a tough boss, and their White Mage decides to spend the day gambling instead. Do I have any control over this? I actually hate that they go to gamble now becuase their winnings dont come close to matching their usual allowance.

Saint Gregory said:
Thats why when you build a Yuke shack you dont save that day untill you get what you want. As soon as its built run inside and check the gender, if its not the one you wanted reset.

webrunner

Just a small note: You can actually 'kick out' the 3rd and 4th citizens of a house. If you close down a 4-person house, and build a small house, then the 3rd and 4th people never come back (and if you build the 4th person house, i think you can get a new 3rd and 4th person)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
birdchili said:
is there anything approaching good (spoiler-free) documentation for this game anywhere online?
Well, going to read the documentation in-game basically kicks you out to the Wii Shop Channel where you view an online manual. Anyone know how to get to that URL in a regular browser?

I've been looking for this thread

going to start a new game on very hard.

but before this I'm going to read this thread from page one

while I'm reading please post a link to Chime's Bikini wallpaper I head Square Enix just put out :lol

mclem

jibblypop said:
Would I feel like I've completely enjoyed the game without purchasing any DLC? If that is the case and i feel like I'm playing the full game then I will buy this game for sure.

I think the DLC amounts to a perfect example of a well-designed expansion pack. The game is very clearly entirely functional without it, but the expansions integrate through all areas of the game to flesh it out further. I've bought everything except the costumes and I don't feel ripped off.

Finished my first playthrough over the weekend. I don't recall the exact number of days, something like 130 or so, but I'm quite pleased with my ratings of S/SS/S. Not quite sure how I managed that!

Scrubking

Just finished my first playthrough. 305 days and a B rank.

Now I'm going to wait for the new DLC before I start my second one on very hard.

CTLance

Smiles and Cries said:
while I'm reading please post a link to Chime's Bikini wallpaper I head Square Enix just put out :lol
Why did I just go and do that?
WHYYYYYYYYYYYY???

hmmm... I thought she'd wear a one-piece kinda suit. Ah well.
[1024x768] [1280x1024]

Some of the wallpapers on SEH's site ([Page 1] [Page 2]) look kinda... odd. In my eyes, at least.

Fancy balloon pants.

Yaweee

So has anyone beaten Very Hard yet? Has anyone that has tried it feel disappointed with how carelessly new game+ on the higher difficulties was handled?

This thread is lacking good info learned a lot about this game from other boards but GAF has no love

Yaweee said:
So has anyone beaten Very Hard yet? Has anyone that has tried it feel disappointed with how carelessly new game+ on the higher difficulties was handled?
Yeah twice already with all DLC

I'm working on maxing out my adventurer stats

999 strength

SE I need moar DLC infinite tower or library must have more

Scrubking

Smiles and Cries said:
SE I need moar DLC infinite tower or library must have more

When are they going to release the new stuff? I want to start my second playthrough, but want to see what the new DLC is like.

Yaweee

Scrubking said:
When are they going to release the new stuff? I want to start my second playthrough, but want to see what the new DLC is like.

I'd say don't bother. The replays/NewGame+/difficulty levels are some of the worst managed I've seen in a game.

The $15 game is fun and worth the money, but no amount of DLC will fix the fundamental problems in the game structure. If my good character does a mission, he is likely to crush, if not, there's no chance in hell, because none of my other characters have the huge boost in medals that he has.

Now, if there were some changes, I'd actually go out and buy all of the non-superficial DLC.
- Allow higher difficulty playthroughs without doing New Game+! Honestly, this completely destroys any semblance of balance.
-Allow the firing of Adventurers. If you hit the 16 limit before you recruit somebody of a certain race/gender, it is currently too bad, can never get them on that playthrough.
-Remove the fucking effects when you summon Chime. The slowdown is embarrassing.
-Allow the quick demolition of buildings. Slowdown and demo limit makes city management a pain.
-Just let us change people's chances directly, rather than picking a random few each day to walk up to the bulletin board to be White Mage, just to get sent home because they have 100 strength and there's not a chance in hell that I'm going to waste that.
-Give Morale at days end that you would have gotten from standing around without talking to anybody. Your citizens will go about their daily lives, and if you're outside at the time, you get morale. If you go inside too early... nope! This encourages standing around doing absolute jack shit, which is a terrible gameplay decision.

kottila

Yaweee said:
I'd say don't bother. The replays/NewGame+/difficulty levels are some of the worst managed I've seen in a game.

The $15 game is fun and worth the money, but no amount of DLC will fix the fundamental problems in the game structure. If my good character does a mission, he is likely to crush, if not, there's no chance in hell, because none of my other characters have the huge boost in medals that he has.

This is why I try to give medals to several of my characters, not just the one.

Rolf NB

Am I missing something here? I've played "only" 25 days, got a second bulletin board, trained a couple of thieves, and I'm already at the point where I no longer care.

There's just no incentive to do anything in particular. I see no reason to assign my adventurers "smartly" wrt their levels and morale/fatigue levels. They can't die anyway, and they always come back for another try. I see no reason to be particularly frugal either: I can just wait out (or outright) skip a day to have more money, with apparently no negative repercussions.

I also have to say, hunting down moogles in town is annoying, so is the save system, and the whole idea of having quests tied to a limited count of bulletin boards is retarded.
I know what I'm supposed to do now, but it's not good game design to leave out incentive and challenge altogether like this.

So please tell me, tell me GAF, is there something coming up later down the line that gives this game some much-needed drive? A genuine threat to my town? A risk of loosing buildings, inhabitants, resources, anything that can only be averted by making good choices?

kottila said:
This is why I try to give medals to several of my characters, not just the one.
Ha, I was wishing the opposite. Next go around I'll have races other than Clavats, so I wish the few I was going to keep would be Super Clavats.
bcn-ron said:
So please tell me, tell me GAF, is there something coming up later down the line that gives this game some much-needed drive? A genuine threat to my town? A risk of loosing buildings, inhabitants, resources, anything that can only be averted by making good choices?
Not really. I enjoyed taking care of my people and using my days efficiently just for the sake of doing so, but even I started "spamming days" near the end when coordinating so much for so little extra gain wasn't worth it.

NeonZ

bcn-ron said:
There's just no incentive to do anything in particular. I see no reason to assign my adventurers "smartly" wrt their levels and morale/fatigue levels. They can't die anyway, and they always come back for another try. I see no reason to be particularly frugal either: I can just wait out (or outright) skip a day to have more money, with apparently no negative repercussions.

You can't really lose anything you've already gotten, but you can get stuck for some time without any progress. Adventurers who are defeated need 2 days of rest (one day if you talk to them) and that can really cripple the parties later in the game, which are basically necessary to explore higher level areas.

Skipping a day too early seems to lower the moral of the general inhabitants (necessary to get special medals and make the adventurers and the king himself stay up longer) too.

Yaweee

NeonZ said:
You can't really lose anything you've already gotten, but you can get stuck for sometime without any progress. Adventurers who are defeated need 2 days of rest (one day if you talk to them) and that can really cripple the parties later in the game, which are basically necessary to explore higher level areas.

Skipping a day too early seems to lower the moral of the general inhabitants (necessary to get special medals and make the adventurers and the king himself stay up longer) too.

It doesn't lower morale, it just doesn't give you any that you would have gotten if you were standing around doing nothing. So, the game basically encourages you to waste hours upon hours running around talking to people to hear the same asinine shit a thousand times.

Yaweee said:
It doesn't lower morale, it just doesn't give you any that you would have gotten if you were standing around doing nothing. So, the game basically encourages you to waste hours upon hours running around talking to people to hear the same asinine shit a thousand times.
It doesn't lower the morale that fills the bar and gives you spheres, but I forget if there's a different word for the family's bar in a house? That will go down.

Olaeh

I'm sure its been mentioned before, but it would be nice if FFCC:CB has some bonuses if you've got a completed score of MLAAK on your system.

We got all the new bonus content last night (minus the outfits), but I haven't had much time to try it all.

The Castle upgrade gives a cool behst. When you assign the behst it dosent let you assign any other behsts for that day and automaticly commisions your adventurers to defeat it. The entire day the game puts his giant health bar at the bottom of the screen and you get to watch as your adventurers hack away at his health. The guy is HARD. My best team, full of level 30 guys was able to hack away about a 6th of his life bar before he wiped them out. I want to beat it because I'm interested to see what the Jukebox is.

And for $1, I had to buy Chimes bikini. We got it almost for the sake of how wrong it is to spend real money on a new outfit for a virtual girl. It gave us a good laugh though and makes the morning reports 100% more enjoyable now. $1 well spent. I'll take some screencaps if somebody wants them ;).

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Thanks for the impressions RuneFactoryFanboy, if you get to know how the Jukebox works please tell. :)

But I'm curious, why do you use "we"? Are you part of a site or do you mean you and somebody else who also plays the same copy of the game?

Oh, I subconciously type "we" becuase my younger brother plays it as well and he is the one who buys the DLC for us. I bought the game, he buys the DLC.

I'm hoping the Jukebox is something cool that lets you change the music. I really like the main town music but after about day 125 its starting to get old. It would be wonderful if it let you play your own music from an SD card. I'd swap it out with the original FFCC's awesome soundtrack.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Okay, I'm confused.

I purchased the Dungeon pack, and I've ground through the "Normal" game. I've finished all the dungeons and most bequests... the problem is that I can't get the last few bequests to appear on the map.

I have shopkeepers telling me they need more material (for armor and helms) but I can't get those bequests to appear.

Is there some "trick" I'm not getting?

XiaNaphryz

DavidDayton said:
Okay, I'm confused.

I purchased the Dungeon pack, and I've ground through the "Normal" game. I've finished all the dungeons and most bequests... the problem is that I can't get the last few bequests to appear on the map.

I have shopkeepers telling me they need more material (for armor and helms) but I can't get those bequests to appear.

Is there some "trick" I'm not getting?
They appear in dungeons you already completed. Don't let the old dungeon's level fool you, some of these behests involve level 40+ bosses.

XiaNaphryz

Debating on whether to pick up the new content or not. Just snagged Chocobo's Dungeon, and FFIV DS, Rhythm Tengoku Gold, and Power Pros 2008 are coming soon. :(

Log4Girlz

Damn I'm debating purchasing it, but it appears to limited for my tastes. I would love a sequel with more options and replayability.

Yaweee

Log4Girlz said:
Damn I'm debating purchasing it, but it appears to limited for my tastes. I would love a sequel with more options and replayability.

Buy it for 15$, ignore the DLC, and enjoy it. Though the concept sounds limited, trust me, there is more than enough content in the game to last the roughly ten hours it takes to beat.

There's also extra difficulty levels and New Game +, though those are mismanaged in my (minority) opinion. A lot of people seem to find it fun to replay.

gimz

ok so im at 120 day
and at the Temple of Ko Ruh
i tried to send people over and over again, but it says the dungeon changes shape everyday...
so what can i do to explore the area?? it has been like 10 days but the explore rate is still 0

This game rocks! myself and the kids have towns and it's quite addictive.

I'm going to go read over this thread and find out some details on how to improve my town and characters better.

anyone that plays this game still or previous mind answering my question..

Most of my characters are level 16-23.. I'm on day 60 or something my frist time through..

I have several adventurers that i can't pick to do behest anymore.. it's like they do they're own thing without going to the behest board.. and they never seem to go to it anymore for the last 15 days or so.. they're alive and such they just keep going to the same dungeon over and over..

I'd like those characters to progress.. any idea why they're not going to the behest board anymore?

Prax

edwardslane said:
anyone that plays this game still or previous mind answering my question..

Most of my characters are level 16-23.. I'm on day 60 or something my frist time through..

I have several adventurers that i can't pick to do behest anymore.. it's like they do they're own thing without going to the behest board.. and they never seem to go to it anymore for the last 15 days or so.. they're alive and such they just keep going to the same dungeon over and over..

I'd like those characters to progress.. any idea why they're not going to the behest board anymore?

I haven't played for a while, but from what I noticed:
Some characters are just butt-faces and don't like doing what you want them to.
What personalities do they have? Like did you give them medals that make them more likely to hunt down stronger enemies or go gamble or something?

I get better chances at making them do something by trying to pick multiple behests that are at their level. Other than that.. nothing you can really do except throw a holiday and try again!

Prax

No prob.
Actually, you're making me want to sink a few hours into the game again..
Thanks a lot!

Top Bottom