• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Ace Combat 6 thread of narrative bloat and online joy

gkryhewy

Pakman said:
IMG_0249.jpg

The buttugly DLC.

Actually, I kinda like the look of the halloween F-14 more than I thought I would. If only they would have let us customize our own designs for online play.

BTW my gamertag is gkrykewy if anyone wants to add me (be warned that I rarely use a headset). My copy should be arriving on Friday.

gkryhewy

prophecy0 said:
Didn't they promise this earlier on in development? Or was that just wishful thinking?

the latter, I think.

EGM92 said:
The OP says "Higher Difficulty Missions" under DLC, are these new missions? or just difficulty levels like Hard, Aces, etc? That would be a fucking turn off to anyone who's buying the game to have to PAY for higher difficulty levels and even missions for that matter.

Sorry - they're new missions; I updated the OP.

Enron

Banned
prophecy0 said:
Didn't they promise this earlier on in development? Or was that just wishful thinking?

If this game did have that, though, id be winging around in an F-14 decked out in UNSPACY markings!

Pakman

Just tried co-op online. I think it was the first mission. Was pretty fun but I sucked it up since I had no clue what my special weapon did. Also it stopped giving us primary targets to attack so I'm presuming we (probably me) fucked up somewhere. I'll have to pay more attention to the briefing next time.

Also my GT is Xx HotShot xX for anyone who wants to add me and try to figure out the online modes more. I may or may not be on tonight though since of the World Series game on TV (I'll probably be on while watching the game). :p

Edit: the fucking AA guns that the ships fire really fuck you up if you can't get out of it. But it's really fucking cool.

Dyne

I just bought the game but I have to wade through two more classes before I can get home to try it. Ugggh.

Also, the Canadian joystick version is $140. Holy freaking ripoff.

Pakman

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Skull Squadron FTW!

I'm pretty sure I've seen screenshots of planes with the jolly rogers insignia in the game. I'll let you know if I find it.

Also can anyone with the flightstick give me pointers how to hold the fucking stick? Yes I know you just hold the stick, but the damn R-bumper button is hard not to squeeze (which activates auto-pilot) and if I don't squeeze it my pinky gets tired/cramped.

Having played nearly all the previous AC games I jumped straight into Hard, and man is it surprisingly tough. The enemies definitely keep you honest.

The voice acting is worse than expected (and worse than the previous games IMO), but the sound is incredible. Much improved over the demo.

Pakman said:
I'm pretty sure I've seen screenshots of planes with the jolly rogers insignia in the game. I'll let you know if I find it.

Also can anyone with the flightstick give me pointers how to hold the fucking stick? Yes I know you just hold the stick, but the damn R-bumper button is hard not to squeeze (which activates auto-pilot) and if I don't squeeze it my pinky gets tired/cramped.

If you have to squeeze, pull out your index finger and put it on start. This rests middle on the machine gun fire, leaving your pinky above the r bumper.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
The beginning of the campaign is pure shit. I'm amazed any reviewer stuck with it.

out of the first five missions, 4 virtually exclusive air to ground. What the fuck is that shit.

Hopefully online will do well, as that's why most of us bought it anyways.

just tray

Banned
i already have spent more then i planned to on games this year. so mario galaxy,cod4,mass effect,and now this will dig me an even deeper hole. pretty soon ill be choosing between getting a ps3 and ratchet or paying some bills. oh well car payments are overated anyways

Pakman said:
Just tried co-op online. I think it was the first mission. Was pretty fun but I sucked it up since I had no clue what my special weapon did. Also it stopped giving us primary targets to attack so I'm presuming we (probably me) fucked up somewhere. I'll have to pay more attention to the briefing next time.

I thought the online coop was just random missions not from the single player? I just got the game so I haven't played yet but that was my impression.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Got it today, but between a term paper that's due tomorrow, and a few other things, I won't open it until tomorrow...

Pakman

RiskyChris said:
If you have to squeeze, pull out your index finger and put it on start. This rests middle on the machine gun fire, leaving your pinky above the r bumper.

Yea I tried doing this but my brain is tied to pulling the triggers with my index finger that I can't get used to pulling the trigger with my middle finger instead. I'll just keep trying not to pull the damn r bumper.

Lion Heart said:
I thought the online coop was just random missions not from the single player? I just got the game so I haven't played yet but that was my impression.
Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post. There's 2 seperate maps for the online co-op that aren't related to the single player missions (I think). I was just saying I played map number 1 of the 2 maps.

I'm going to pick this and the flight stick up on the 1st when it hits Japan. I guess we don't get that awesome faceplate do we? :(

bigswords

gkrykewy said:
-Co-op Battle: Up to 4 player coop against computer-controlled enemies in "a selection of cooperative missions"

Tell me more about this please to those who have the game :( (I only see two achievements for co-op are there more then 2 co-op stages?). <--- Sorry didn't see Pakman posts. Thanks for the update.

I heard rumors that the AC6 is region free anyone has the US version of the game playing on a Asian set?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Snagged Ratchet over the flight stick bundle tonight...and I'm a bit regretful. Not that Ratchet is bad, but fuck that box was calling my name. Even worse, the guy behind me snatched it right it up the moment I passed. :(

Jirotrom

purgeface said:
Just hold the left trigger and let it stall for a minute, then it will move on to the next test.
im using the flight stick... I just held the high g turn button and it did it.

xbhaskarx

QVT said:
out of the first five missions, 4 virtually exclusive air to ground. What the fuck is that shit.

So 4 out of 15 are air to ground?

Questions:
-Total number of planes?
-List of planes?

unomas

Banned
I'm not sure what to think yet, I've only played online as thats pretty much the bulk of my gaming and I'm getting jacked left and right in team matches. Individual matches might be better for me but I'm not completely sold on my purchase. I'll give it a week or two of solid play and decide after that if it's worth keeping or not.

Jirotrom

unomas said:
I'm not sure what to think yet, I've only played online as thats pretty much the bulk of my gaming and I'm getting jacked left and right in team matches. Individual matches might be better for me but I'm not completely sold on my purchase. I'll give it a week or two of solid play and decide after that if it's worth keeping or not.
? you mean you are getting owned and so you want to sell the game?

Any more detailed impressions? I'm still eager to get this, even though it seems like Scamco has skimped big time on the single player content.

EGM92

The game looks beautiful but the lipsync is HORRIBLE. The dialog is boring very boring shame they don't do the cutscenes like AC4.

VALIS

How does the stick work with other 360 flight games? Off the top of my head there's Blazing Angels, Blazing Angels 2 and Over-G Fighters. Anyone have those and the stick and could check? Thanks.

EGM92

watership said:
Any choice for original Japanese voicetrack?

Not that I saw, English Voice with EN Sub or English Voice with No Sub. That's the option I was given at the start.

basis

Does anyone have a PC version of the X-45 or X-52 stick? and tried hooking up to the X360 and ran the game? would it work? (or did i miss that in a previous post elsewhere?)

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
xbhaskarx said:
So 4 out of 15 are air to ground?

Questions:
-Total number of planes?
-List of planes?

There are planes but the targets are ground targets.

I haven't gotten far enough to know number of planes yet. When the 5th one came up as air to ground again i just crashed my plane into the first tank I saw and turned the console off. I hope it has autosave.

Well I pick edup the game today and GameStop has disappointed me yet again. I cancelled my tac free Amazon preorder simply because GameStop was supposed to be offer face plates for people who preordered the game. Of cours when I get there my face plate is no where to be found. First they tell me it's in the box, then I inform them that all LEs come with an extra LE face plate, but all preorders were supposed to come with another different face plate. Hell, I even asked the guy about it before I preordered the game. Then they tell me that they only got in 1 face plate even though there were 3 preorders for the game.

What pisses me off, other than the fact that namco clearly didn't ship enough face plates to cover preorders, is the fact that they gave away the only face plate when I was the only one there to spring $150 for the LE bundle. I am going to call their district manager tomorrow and if I can't get the extra faceplate then I am just going to order it off Amazon and return it to GS and save $15.

Also for some reason it seems that I got the Canadian version on the game, since half of the cover/manual is in French...

unomas

Banned
Jirotrom said:
? you mean you are getting owned and so you want to sell the game?

It just doesn't seem that deep, I wouldn't call it getting owned at all (I was ranked 53rd on one of the maps). The gameplay just doesn't seem that satisfying so far, I'll continue to give it a shot but it's probably not my kind of game. Other online games have me more hooked on the gameplay at this point. Crimson skies never wowed me either, but I'm willing to give this game a shot. I've also got nobody on my friends list playing this game, and usually that isn't a good sign for a games sales and continued online play.

purg3

slept with Malkin
SlaughterX said:
Also for some reason it seems that I got the Canadian version on the game, since half of the cover/manual is in French...

They are all like that. Sucks about the faceplate BS though, wouldn't be surprised if the employees took them to sell on ebay or to keep for themselves.

Jirotrom

unomas said:
It just doesn't seem that deep, I wouldn't call it getting owned at all (I was ranked 53rd on one of the maps). The gameplay just doesn't seem that satisfying so far, I'll continue to give it a shot but it's probably not my kind of game. Other online games have me more hooked on the gameplay at this point. Crimson skies never wowed me either, but I'm willing to give this game a shot. I've also got nobody on my friends list playing this game, and usually that isn't a good sign for a games sales and continued online play.
haha...I was just kidding... I agree with I wasn't very into the team death match, I couldn't coordinate with my team at all.

Jirotrom

SlaughterX said:
Well I pick edup the game today and GameStop has disappointed me yet again. I cancelled my tac free Amazon preorder simply because GameStop was supposed to be offer face plates for people who preordered the game. Of cours when I get there my face plate is no where to be found. First they tell me it's in the box, then I inform them that all LEs come with an extra LE face plate, but all preorders were supposed to come with another different face plate. Hell, I even asked the guy about it before I preordered the game. Then they tell me that they only got in 1 face plate even though there were 3 preorders for the game.

What pisses me off, other than the fact that namco clearly didn't ship enough face plates to cover preorders, is the fact that they gave away the only face plate when I was the only one there to spring $150 for the LE bundle. I am going to call their district manager tomorrow and if I can't get the extra faceplate then I am just going to order it off Amazon and return it to GS and save $15.

i honestly think the associate lied to you, we received more faceplates than reserves.

unomas

Banned
Jirotrom said:
haha...I was just kidding... I agree with I wasn't very into the team death match, I couldn't coordinate with my team at all.

Yeah, I'm hoping in individual death match I stand a better chance because nobody on my team talks and it's hard to work together with a lack of communication. I'm actually gonna hop on for another hour or two in a bit, but it's tough to give it play time when I'm getting close to the seriously achievement in gears.

Top Bottom