• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official All-Encompassing Guitar Hero SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got Guitar Hero 5. I played the hell out of Guitar Hero 2 and 3 at friend's places, but this is the first one I own.

Set list isn't as good as GH2, sadly. As of now Sultans of Swing is by far my favorite track to play on Expert. Its a ridiculously fun song.

Slowly working through Career mode.

kpeezy

Banned
I need help badly. I'm house sitting and the person I'm house sitting for has Guitar Hero II for the 360. Now, HOW THE FUCK do you enter these cheat codes. I just want to unlock all the songs and play... but nothing works. Please help GAF.

Xevren

kpeezy said:
I need help badly. I'm house sitting and the person I'm house sitting for has Guitar Hero II for the 360. Now, HOW THE FUCK do you enter these cheat codes. I just want to unlock all the songs and play... but nothing works. Please help GAF.

You enter the codes fast on the menu screen where career/quickplay is. If it's not unlocking then you're either too slow on the buttons or inputting them incorrectly.

kpeezy

Banned
Xevren said:
You enter the codes fast on the menu screen where career/quickplay is. If it's not unlocking then you're either too slow on the buttons or inputting them incorrectly.

Do I need to hold the note and pick or just press the button (I've tried both)? I've tried putting it in at various speeds all the way up to way faster than necessary.

kpeezy

Banned
Do I have to do it on a regular controller or something? I've tried it thirty times. I'm not inputting it incorrectly and I'm not inputting it too slowly. I'm really good at this game and wouldn't mess up anything like that.

Xevren

Nah you can do it on a guitar, dunno what to say though. Really may want to make sure you have the code perfect since the unlock all songs is a longer one. Hell with how long you've been trying you could probably just run through the career :p

kpeezy said:
Do I have to do it on a regular controller or something? I've tried it thirty times. I'm not inputting it incorrectly and I'm not inputting it too slowly. I'm really good at this game and wouldn't mess up anything like that.
Make sure the code is for 360.

http://www.destructoid.com/this-guitar-hero-van-halen-box-art-is-deemed-superior-159572.phtml

Guitar Hero: Van Halen just sort of appeared on store shelves and nobody seemed to really care. However, if the box art looked more like this perhaps it would have been worth talking about. A bored GameStop employee not only produced a drawing of Van Halen that's more accurate than any photograph, but also wrote a very accurate bit of blurb on the back.

87475410.jpg

67951065.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Guitar_Hero_5#Downloadable_content

2009 "Laser Cannon Deth Sentence" Dethklok Metal Track Pack [27] 2010-01-21 January 21, 2010
2009 "Still I Rise" Shadows Fall Metal Track Pack [27] 2010-01-21 January 21, 2010
2009 "Twilight of the Thunder God" Amon Amarth Metal Track Pack [27] 2010-01-21 January 21, 2010

So when was someone gonna tell me that tomorrow I can download DETHKLOK for GH5!?!!?!

FUCKING DETHKLOK... WOOOOOOO!!!

It's only one, but it's a start.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
So.. I found GH Metallica for $10 at Target on clearance, but all I want to do is play drums like Lars!

Should I get the RB drums, the more expensive GH drums, or does it not make a difference?

If you're in America, don't buy GH drums until the new version comes out. They've been here in Europe for awhile, and I can tell you first hand they're better in every single way. Don't compromise!

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Does anyone have any experience using RB2 drums with GH:M? If better drums eventually come to the US then I am all for it but I am reading that buying the RB2 drums ($50 new) plus a RB universal pedal ($25) for $75 total will work fine with GH:M and allow for double bass action. Where as I guess if I went GH drums it would be $90 plus whatever a new pedal costs? Unless it comes with two?

birdman

Bumblebeetuna said:
Does anyone have any experience using RB2 drums with GH:M? If better drums eventually come to the US then I am all for it but I am reading that buying the RB2 drums ($50 new) plus a RB universal pedal ($25) for $75 total will work fine with GH:M and allow for double bass action. Where as I guess if I went GH drums it would be $90 plus whatever a new pedal costs? Unless it comes with two?

Like I said, the game works fine with the RB set, but it still feels "off" if you're not using the GH set.

Oh yeah, and the GH drums only come with one pedal. You'll have to buy another.

Edit: Wow, the GHWT drums still cost $100? What is this bullshittery Dave?

Bumblebeetuna said:

It's doesn't feel as natural and isn't the optimal way to play. If you care about Expert+ mode, you should probably care about the awkward charting for some of the songs.

Bumblebeetuna said:
Which drums are better quality? Is there a good reason the GH drums are $40 more expensive?

RB2 drums are probably more reliable than the GH drums current available in the US. As for why they're more expensive, beats me. I guess cos no one buys them?

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Ok I think I am going to go with the GH drums. Just one more question. Extra pedal? Should I grab a RB universal pedal or the Nyko one? Would it work well with the stock GH pedal and a RB pedal?

Unless you're getting the new GH drums somehow it sounds like a bad idea!

But either way, I have a GH drum kit with a Nyko Metal Pedal thing and a standard GH pedal. The only issue is they're both at different heights when there's no pressure on them, so it can feel a bit weird. I'd say you're best going for two of the same type if you can afford it, but it does work when you mix and match, as long as the pedal is compatible.

Shawsie64

Banned
hey guys just jumped on these rhythm game things and bought band hero while drunk the other day.. what does the instruments work on? Rock band Beatles ect?

Shawsie64 said:
hey guys just jumped on these rhythm game things and bought band hero while drunk the other day.. what does the instruments work on? Rock band beetles ect?
Everything works with everything, with the single exception of GH3 only working with RedOctane guitars. Other than that, you're fine.

Shawsie64

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Everything works with everything, with the single exception of GH3 only working with RedOctane guitars. Other than that, you're fine.

sweet, thanks man.

Tried to look up on google but was really confusing

Shawsie64 said:
sweet, thanks man.

Tried to look up on google but was really confusing
Actually, to clarify, I'm talking about 360. I'm pretty sure what I said holds true for other platforms, but don't bank on just me.

HERE IS THE NEWS.

1) Confirmed songs for "Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock" (this is GH6, lul)

Black Sabbath- Children of the Grave
My Chemical Romance - I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on me
Buzzcocks - What do i get?
Children of Bodom- If You Want Peace ... Prepare For War
Kiss - Love Gun
Slayer Chemical Warfare
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Muse- Uprising
Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne - Paranoid
Jane's Addiction - Been Caught Stealing
Silversun Pickups- There's No Secrets this year
Megadeth - Sudden Death
Dethkolk - Bloodlines
Rammstein - Waidmanns Heil
ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man
AFI - Dancing Through Sunday
DragonForce - Fury of the Storm
The Cure - Fascination Street

2) Also "confirmed" through someone's early copy of the game tweeting shit:

Drowning Pool - Drowning Pool
Dire Straits - Money for Nothing
Phoenix - Lasso
Jeremy Camp - I Know Who I Am
Ramones - Spiderman

3) The game features "Quest Mode". Basically intergrating "powers" and a story in to career mode. So you can unlock "transformations!" of characters, and these transformations have certain powers. Only one we know of is Lars can go up to 6X MULTIPLIER OMG. Quest Mode has a storyline that involves some monster or some shit, Gene Simmons is doing voice work, along with the asshole lead singer from Red Hot Chili Peppers who isn't even worth a string of hair off Mike Patton's head and some shitty Dragonforce guitarist.

4) Lars can turn in to a pig.

5) This kinda shit happens: ""One specific quest challenge we saw was KISS' "Love Gun". As you play the song, your character fires bullets out of his guitar to slay marauding vikings. Fail the song, and your avatar is toast!"

Grecco

Wish there was a better Mettalica song. Did they waste all their picks on GH Metallica? Theres still good stuff left! Four Horsement would have been fantastic. Hero of the Day is my favorite Metallica song not on a Band game.

Everything else looks fantastic. Day Zero.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Just got a PR, here are some of the songs from Warriors of Rock which was just 'announced' :/

* AFI - "Dancing Through Sunday"
* Avenged Sevenfold - "Bat Country"
* Black Sabbath - "Children Of The Grave"
* Buzzcocks - "What Do I Get?"
* Children Of Bodom - "If You Want Peace... Prepare For War"
* The Cure - "Fascination Street"
* Def Leppard - "Pour Some Sugar On Me (Live)"
* Dethklok - "Bloodlines"
* DragonForce - "Fury of the Storm"
* Drowning Pool - "Bodies"
* Foo Fighters - "No Way Back"
* Foreigner - "Feels Like The First Time"
* Jane's Addiction - "Been Caught Stealing"
* KISS - "Love Gun"
* Megadeth - "Sudden Death"
* Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne - "Paranoid (Live)"
* Muse - "Uprising"
* My Chemical Romance - "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)"
* Queen - "Bohemian Rhapsody"
* Rammstein - "Waidmanns Heil"
* The Rolling Stones - "Stray Cat Blues"
* Silversun Pickups - "There's No Secrets This Year"
* Slayer - "Chemical Warfare"
* ZZ Top - "Sharp Dressed Man (Live)"

Trailer incoming.

Source

I find it funny that Guitar Hero went from having a story to being solely about the music, and then back to having a story again. I have to admit, I really enjoyed having a story like in Guitar Hero 3. So, I'm really looking forward to this game. Seems like they are doing the right thing by having over 90 tracks as well. I'd hate for them to have a small amount on the disk and then nickel and dime me for a ton of track packs in the first couple months for DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom