• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official All-Encompassing Guitar Hero SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Banned
Disappearance without any warning ? I say we wait for an answer from a mod before doing anything stupid.

Also, I guess we should talk about Guitar Hero games a bit.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Who is to say a new one won't be locked if it's just the same as the old one? I'd like an explanation from a mod too. Just kind of came out of nowhere.

ElNarez

Banned
I don't know, but if the thread was locked because of its off-topicness, I think it's quite ironic that it was on a friday, when we're the most on-topic because of the DLC announcement.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Costanza said:
The only thing I can think of is that a mod might have noticed how off-topic it always gets. Dunno.
While that is true, we still discussed the game in there and would always post the latest news/articles/rumors that would come out and would answer ANY questions people would ask who were new to the Rock Band Platform. There were also discussions about music and would be requests about music that would be suited best for the game for DLC...and DLC recommendations. A shame, really. An explanation would be highly welcomed. Maybe it was because it was getting too big in posts?

AMUSIX

I think, instead, each week a thread should be made to discuss the upcoming DLC.
(this would probably not be a wise thing to do)

Also, Mail Call....

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
corkscrewblow said:
RIP RB thread. Is this the only place to discuss plastic toy games now?

Ugh, what the fuck... I mean really? Not even a warning to keep it on topic? Moderator-GAF usually I applaud you, today I weep for you :(

EDIT: Actually the Halo 3 topic got locked because it was getting too big and becoming a server strain IIRC, so perhaps this is more of the same?

McBradders

MrOctober said:
Should we make an OT thread for RB thread regulars? Because this was my GAF. Fuck. I want it back :(

:(

I dunno, has anyone PM'd a moderator to find out what happened? Maybe they PM'd Shaggy?

I'm scared. Somebody hold me :(

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I want it back too. :( I seriously was so tripped out when I noticed in the list of subscribed threads that it was locked.

:'(

McBradders said:
I dunno, has anyone PM'd a moderator to find out what happened? Maybe they PM'd Shaggy?

I'm scared. Somebody hold me :(
I haven't PMed a mod yet...I don't know who to PM anyways because we don't know who was the one that locked it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
46.gif
That avatar is depressing.

But yeah, I don't think it's a good idea to make a new thread until we've had an explanation from a mod.

Bebedora

Thanks to Crag for giving me the heads up on XBL, I wouldn't have thought to look in here for y'all.

Hope someone gets some information about why, although I could see server strain...

Love BBG's new thread title. :)

MrOctober

Banned
So what happened after the Halo thread closed? Did they star another one?

Hopefully it's Step 1: find out it's servers strain Step 2: Shag makes a new thread and has full control over the OP

especially so we can post our Secret Santa pictures and stuff.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I think the Halo thread got closed because it was getting too big in posts and we WERE at 90k posts in the Rock Band thread. Another Halo thread was made, but that was for another Halo game, I believe. I don't know if the mod who closed the Halo thread warned the people if it was going to be closed.

If we are allowed to make a new thread...the title should have the "To Begin With? Everything" somewhere in there or something unique like that. I really loved the first RB thread's title.

McBradders

MrOctober said:
So what happened after the Halo thread closed? Did they star another one?

Hopefully it's Step 1: find out it's servers strain Step 2: Shag makes a new thread and has full control over the OP

especially so we can post our Secret Santa pictures and stuff.

Basically it was shut down a few months before ODST and rebooted as a "Halo Superthread". Really we could stand to have a one stop shop for band games, so that'd be fine really. GH, as we can see from this thread, is verging on a pathetic following. I doubt anyone would notice or care if there was only one thread for all.

Cahill

Banned
W....T....F....? My jaw literally dropped when I logged in this AM and saw the lock on our thread. R.I.P. awesomeness. *hangs head* Someone hold me.

There was actually quite a bit of RB talk with NPDs coming, too.

Edit: It's open again!

I picked up Guitar Hero World Tour and started playing this weekend. It's my first Guitar Hero or Rock Band game ever so pity me a bit..

I can playpretty much any song 90%+ at Medium difficulty but as soon as I try Hard I mess up big time. The Orange fret button is totally new to me and it feels like a whole new game. Should I just go into practice and go through all the songs on a slower Tempo or what? Is there a way to actually get better at this?

I'm a real guitarist god damnit. This is embarassing :lol

I just tried out Trapped Under Ice on Expert to see how hard it would be and.. SHIT IT'S IMPOSSIBLE. :lol And I can actually play this :lol

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
The best way to get better is to just keep playing. I've never really used practice save for a few sections of a few songs but that'd probably help too.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Start with your neutral position being with the index finger resting on the red fret and move up the neck to hit the green button. Also try to play with hyperspeed on. It sounds counter intuitive, but your brain might react faster if it sees the notes scrolling at a higher rate.

NameGenerated said:
The best way to get better is to just keep playing.
This. Also, try getting Rock Band. Hard is generally considered to be slightly easier than Guitar Hero's hard, so it'll be an easier jump from medium.

Rewrite said:
I think the Halo thread got closed because it was getting too big in posts and we WERE at 90k posts in the Rock Band thread. Another Halo thread was made, but that was for another Halo game, I believe. I don't know if the mod who closed the Halo thread warned the people if it was going to be closed.

It certainly wasn't publicly said that was the reason, the crazy off topic/matchmaking bitching seemed to be the cause (here & here.
Perhaps it was both silly OT & size?

UraMallas

If I use my unique owner ID to import songs from GHIV to GH5 and then want to import GHIV songs in to Band Hero later on is that allowed?

jmdajr

Guys need some help.

I need to know if the Guitar Hero 5 Wii instruments work with Rock band 2.
Best compatibility chart I see only went up to Guitar Hero World Tour. Any help would be great!

Thank You!

So I know GH Van Halen is out this Tuesday and people might be scanning the official retail cover left and right, but I decided to make a cover for my cardboard-sleeve copy that now resides in a Rock Revolution case. I think I'd rather have the Frankenstrat design on the back than "buy this because it has awes0me songz!" and all the extra info I never bother to read. The background came from Activision's official page for the game in the form of a wallpaper in the media > download section.

Here's a link to the 300 dpi high-resolution (3225x1758 pixels, 10.75x5.86 inches) Adobe PSD (Rapidshare download) that prints beautifully on a legal-size page in landscape orientation. I've left the layers so you can even turn off the UPC/ESRB/Activision logos.

http://rapidshare.com/files/323839544/GHVH-PS3.psd (10.4 MB)

Here's a medium-quality preview.

Lkr

I got Smash Hits today for 360, mainly because it is cheaper and has better songs than Lego Rock Band. Never thought I'd play the ruined GH series

benita316

Banned
I just picked up GH5 for Wii and I have a question about accessing GH:WT DLC.

I know that all the WT DLC is compatible with GH5, but am I able to access and purchase WT DLC through GH5 or do I need to download it through WT before I can play it in 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom