• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official All-Encompassing Guitar Hero SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdman

Xevren said:
Also, if you guys sent off the Van Halen offer stuff when you picked up the game as it came out you should check your status because mine got updated. Should be here in 4-6 weeks, so yay.

Thanks for the heads up. Got the same status update.

UraMallas

A couple of Van Halen/GH5 offer questions.

1. I ordered my game through GameFly and it says on my Redemption Confirmation form that the game needs to be of "qualifying purchase price." Does that mean full price? Because I bought it through GameFly for $45.

2. I can't seem to get my redemption confirmation to print. I must be a computer newb because I can only get the links to print even when I open up the page they tell me to. I've copied it out to word and everything. What gives?

Sorry in advance if these questions have been answered multiple times. I'm aware that pushing right on the d-pad allows you to restart in Burnout Paradise, though. :D

Baker

Banned
October DLC (another load of crap)

October 1

Queens Of The Stone Age Track Pack

* "Mexicola"
* "Avon"
* "How to Handle a Rope"

October 8

Billy Squier Track Pack

* "The Stroke"
* "Everybody Wants You"
* "When She Comes To Me"

October 15

Wolfmother Track Pack

* "Pilgrim"
* "California Queen"
* "Cosmic Egg"

October 22

Classic Rock 2 Track Pack

* The J. Geils Band - "Freeze Frame"
* Peter Frampton - "Show Me The Way (Live)"
* Triumph - "Lay It On The Line"

October 29

All Hallows' Eve Track Pack

* GWAR - "Gor Gor"
* Marilyn Manson - "Beautiful People"
* The Misfits - "Astro Zombies"

Stackboy said:
What do you really expect from the PS2 version? Obviously the focus is going to be on 360 and PS3.

Id expect that Bobcat, which ONLY does the PS2 version, to not downgrade from their previous work!

Anyway, more Band Hero songs have been announced....and uh, I think it might outsell GH5.

I recognize every track, some crap (Hillary Duff!?!?) but some good songs in there too.

Newly announced:

* The Bravery - "Believe"
* Counting Crows - "Angels of the Silences"
* The Dashboard Confessional - "Hands Down"
* Evanescence - "Bring Me To Life"
* Fall Out Boy - "Sugar, We're Goin' Down"
* Hilary Duff - "So Yesterday"
* Jesse McCartney - "Beautiful Soul"
* The Kooks - "Naïve"
* Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "Impression That I Get"
* OK Go - "A Million Ways"
* Robbie Williams and Kylie - "Kids"
* Styx - "Mr. Roboto"
* Yellowcard - "Ocean Avenue"
* The All-American Rejects - "Dirty Little Secret"

Full list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band_Hero#Console_soundtrack

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Baker said:
October DLC (another load of crap)

October 1

Queens Of The Stone Age Track Pack

* "Mexicola"
* "Avon"
* "How to Handle a Rope"

October 8

Billy Squier Track Pack

* "The Stroke"
* "Everybody Wants You"
* "When She Comes To Me"

October 15

Wolfmother Track Pack

* "Pilgrim"
* "California Queen"
* "Cosmic Egg"

October 22

Classic Rock 2 Track Pack

* The J. Geils Band - "Freeze Frame"
* Peter Frampton - "Show Me The Way (Live)"
* Triumph - "Lay It On The Line"

October 29

All Hallows' Eve Track Pack

* GWAR - "Gor Gor"
* Marilyn Manson - "Beautiful People"
* The Misfits - "Astro Zombies"

Bolded are the songs I'll pick up. At least when I actually get the game that is.:D

RobbieNick

Got Van Halen today. It's all songs from when Roth was in the band. Does David Lee Roth and Eddie really look like that nowadays? Like T.V. Executives? David looks like Zach from Saved by the Bell!

RobbieNick said:
Got Van Halen today. It's all songs from when Roth was in the band. Does David Lee Roth and Eddie really look like that nowadays? Like T.V. Executives? David looks like Zach from Saved by the Bell!

What version, X360?

I kept forgetting to mail them damn thing and only sent it in today. I hope I get it before November (not that Im in a rush, not a huge Van Halen fan)

RobbieNick

360 version. It's all Roth songs as I guess they couldn't get Sammy Haggar. BTW, this is the weakest of the band specific GH games as they don't even go into the history of the band. In carrer mode, you just go through the set list earning money, unlocking five Van Halen songs, then five other artist songs then five Van Halen songs and so-on. No story told.

RobbieNick said:

Got it as well.

Instead of the propaganda for four other Hero games, why didn't they give me a paper cover insert sleeve for a DVD box. Cheap bastards.

Can someone design a GH:VH cover?

speculawyer said:
Got it as well.

Instead of the propaganda for four other Hero games, why didn't they give me a paper cover insert sleeve for a DVD box. Cheap bastards.

Can someone design a GH:VH cover?

Guitar_Hero_Van_Halen.jpg

RobbieNick said:
360 version. It's all Roth songs as I guess they couldn't get Sammy Haggar. BTW, this is the weakest of the band specific GH games as they don't even go into the history of the band. In carrer mode, you just go through the set list earning money, unlocking five Van Halen songs, then five other artist songs then five Van Halen songs and so-on. No story told.

Too bad. I thought Aerosmith was pretty well done it terms of the addition of the band. Ive never played Metallica. Then again, it is free, so as long as the music sounds decent enough, and there are buttons to push, all is good.

Is there anything to unlock? Or is it essentially a track pack?

RobbieNick said:

No they actually do have a history of the band,its there. Its highlited under a purple note bar,if you click if you'll get details about the band's history and how the song came about. You'll see them perform the song you clicked on. There;s also an area where you can even read the lyrics for the song also. Also of note- you can unlock the band in their youth,so anyone hating the fifty something Van Halen can see them in their big younger big hair/big band days later in the game.

Btw-I scored a wireless guitar on clearance from Target for 15 bucks new. Its for RockBand though. These things are compatible with both Guitar Hero V and GH Van Halen? Anyone try them out? I don't want to rip open the package otherwise if it doesn't work I can't return it,so some input would be cool. Thanks in advance.

TheGreatDave said:
Assuming it's a RB1 guitar (which is probably is) I'd just take it back and pretend you never stumbled upon it. They're awful.

Oh man.:( Whats the deal with them? Durability is bad,lag,be specific on why they suck? I can manage if theyre just decent next to other guitars to be honest. It says RockBand on the box,its a black and white Fender model.

birdman

I got this in my e-mail today:

Dear Guitar Hero® Fan,

We know you're ready to start rocking to Guitar Hero® Van Halen®. We are sending you this email because you took advantage of the Guitar Hero® 5 offer to receive Guitar Hero Van Halen on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system platform.

Unfortunately, we made a printing error on the package of Guitar Hero Van Halen. Fortunately, we caught and remedied the error prior to sending your disc. Our effort to ensure a completely positive customer experience has resulted in a slight delay in shipping your copy of the game.

We will begin mailing copies of Guitar Hero Van Halen this week and you should have yours very shortly. Again, we apologize for the delay. We are committed to bringing you the best quality gaming experience possible. We know you are ready to rock and appreciate your patience.

Thanks again for being a loyal fan of Guitar Hero.

Rock on!
The Guitar Hero Team

Give me my free game fuckers.

On the package of it? But they're not giving people packages, so how does that work? How did they cock up printing nothing on a paper sleeve?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
JonathanEx said:
On the package of it? But they're not giving people packages, so how does that work? How did they cock up printing nothing on a paper sleeve?

They put all the PS3 discs in 360 and Wii packaging by mistake.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So...

1. GH5 guitar strum bar is squeaky, any fixes? Or should I send it in? It's functionally pretty awesome, but I'd rather not take a chance and let my warranty lapse like with my WTar...

2. Any idea which 61 of Band Hero's 65 songs are importable? Would put my mind at ease.

3. Smash Hits is still $50. :/ I thought this was a bomba, people! Why have I not seen Aerosmith-esque pricing for it?!

Andrex said:
So...

1. GH5 guitar strum bar is squeaky, any fixes? Or should I send it in? It's functionally pretty awesome, but I'd rather not take a chance and let my warranty lapse like with my WTar...

2. Any idea which 61 of Band Hero's 65 songs are importable? Would put my mind at ease.

3. Smash Hits is still $50. :/ I thought this was a bomba, people! Why have I not seen Aerosmith-esque pricing for it?!

All except for:

Jesse McCartney- "Beautiful Soul"
Aly & AJ- "Like Whoa"
Styx- "Mr. Roboto"
Hilary Duff- "So Yesterday"

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TheGreatDave said:
All except for:

Jesse McCartney- "Beautiful Soul"
Aly & AJ- "Like Whoa"
Styx- "Mr. Roboto"
Hilary Duff- "So Yesterday"

Phew.

And tangible reason?

I must be the only man on the planet who forgot he had a GAF account... for about four years. Hope you don't mind me sharing some performance mode grabs. I thought at first the DoF and motion blur in GH5 would scupper any decent screens, but it just makes it a whole lot sexier when you fluke one, or indeed 70.

There are a fair few other sets at the link (Wipeout HD, etc) but I couldn't find a general screenshot thread. Are there any other habitual screenshotters around here with Flickr shares? Anyway, chicks on stage:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/duncanjharris/sets/72157622428277931/detail/

gh5_2.jpg

gh5_3.jpg

gh5_4.jpg

gh5_5.jpg

gh5_6.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
corkscrewblow said:
You bumped this shit to post IGN reviews claiming Activision's shitty game > HMX's shitty game? smh

Well it's not like anyone else is gonna post anything. And I didn't say one was better than the other, just that I'm disappointed in some of the decisions regarding the Wii version of LRB.

Would you rather me post it in the Rock Band thread? I wonder the responses I'd get.

Mileena

Banned
Andrex said:
Well it's not like anyone else is gonna post anything. And I didn't say one was better than the other, just that I'm disappointed in some of the decisions regarding the Wii version of LRB.

Would you rather me post it in the Rock Band thread? I wonder the responses I'd get.
You don't have to be scared of the RB thread. Not everyone is a rabid fanboy.
I for one think Band Hero > LRB because of Spice Girls.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
corkscrewblow said:
You don't have to be scared of the RB thread. Not everyone is a rabid fanboy.
I for one think Band Hero > LRB because of Spice Girls.

I just don't think I should post in a thread for a series I haven't played yet... Someday soon though...

Glad to see we're on the same page though.

Mileena

Banned
November 12 -- Lenny Kravitz Track Pack

* "Let Love Rule" by Lenny Kravitz
* "Lady" by Lenny Kravitz
* "Fly Away" by Lenny Kravitz

November 19 -- KISS Track Pack

* "Modern Day Delilah" by KISS
* "Lick It Up" by KISS
* "I Was Made for Loving You" by KISS

November 24 -- Neversoft Thanks the Fans Track Pack (Free!)

* "Lemon Frosting" by Bunny Knutson
* "RockNRola" by Nancy Fullforce
* "From the Blue/Point of No Return/T.T.R.T.S." by An Endless Sporadic
* "Love Holds It Down" by Dom Liberati
* "You Really Like Me" by Davidicus
* "Guilty Pleasures" by Tony Solis

November 24 -- Death Magnetic Tracks for Wii (200 Wii Points each)

* "All Nightmare Long" by Metallica
* "That Was Just Your Life" by Metallica
* "The Day That Never Comes" by Metallica
* "The Judas Kiss" by Metallica
* "The End Of The Line" by Metallica
* "The Unforgiven III" by Metallica
* "Suicide & Redemption J.H." by Metallica
* "Suicide & Redemption K.H." by Metallica

Basically a whole bunch of garbage except for An Endless Sporadic. Funny how this thread is getting posts while Dave is banned. <3 Dave

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lone_Prodigy said:
Would you recommend exporting Band Hero to GH5 or vice versa? Right now I'm considering which one would have a higher resale value.

Band Hero songs to GH5, definitely. Exporting that way, you only "lose" four songs iirc, if you export GH5 to BH you lose like 20.

My GF's been dropping hints like crazy about Band Hero, so I've given in and bought it for her for Chrimbo. Am I gonna be sorry?

Also, is there any drum silencers available for the GH:WT drum kit? I've looked all over the place and can't find anything but Rock Band ones and I'm hesitant to buy them in case they don't fit.

Am I out of luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom