• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

Tamanon

Banned
Shockingly, the NYT editor didn't seem to enjoy the balance sheets joke. That whole segment was hilarious, it was basically just Jason Jones underhandedly insulting the Times at every opportunity, and sometimes just blatantly doing so.

APF

JoshuaJSlone said:
I think their criticism of CNN is more about reliance on gimmicks rather than a hatred of the proletariat
Is that what "they've actually put the power of the news in *your* hands!" means? Perhaps, being a common man, I do not have access to the same code-word definitions as elites like journalists and comedians.

Firestorm

Milabrega said:
Morning Joe Battle continues

Spoiler'd joke from the Time's segment for you West Coast people:
What's black and white and red all over ..... Your Balance sheets
:lol
I cannot wait until someone from the Morning Joe appears on The Daily Show. Oh my god please please please let me see the ANGER live. Just don't let it be as pathetic as Cramer's interview. I want something like Crossfire ownage.

And yes, best line of the episode :lol

Tamanon

Banned
capslock said:
Wyatt Cenac's been on the Daily Show for a year now and he still isn't funny.

His Cosby impression is pretty good. He's still below John Oliver(best), Aasif, Jason Jones and Hodgman in my book at least. But at least he's better than the new fat guy they've got.

Tamanon

Banned
Hooooooly shit Jon.

"Do you ever consider doing a list at the end of the show of the names of the viewers you lost that day?":lol :lol

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Tamanon said:
His Cosby impression is pretty good. He's still below John Oliver(best), Aasif, Jason Jones and Hodgman in my book at least. But at least he's better than the new fat guy they've got.

Yeah the new fat guy is awful from the one segment I saw him on. No one was laughing.

Damn, but tonight's show was phoned in. The second bit (with the Czars) had no jokes in it, and the first one wasn't that good either. The interview was kinda funny, but I don't know why he had her on. The way he wouldn't have even a slightly serious conversation with her makes me think the network forced him to have her on or something.

And holy shit at Microsoft buying up all that ad time.

Tamanon

Banned
Battersea Power Station said:
Damn, but tonight's show was phoned in. The second bit (with the Czars) had no jokes in it, and the first one wasn't that good either. The interview was kinda funny, but I don't know why he had her on. The way he wouldn't have even a slightly serious conversation with her makes me think the network forced him to have her on or something.

And holy shit at Microsoft buying up all that ad time.

Nah, that's just how he interviews other newscasters. His Brian Williams interviews are almost the exact same way.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tamanon said:
Nah, that's just how he interviews other newscasters. His Brian Williams interviews are almost the exact same way.
Except Williams' reaction to Stewart is much funnier.

As for the Gitmo segment on Wednesday...

"There are two sides to this argument. One side maintains we can detain these terrorists safely within the US. The other side says OOOGA BOOGA BOOOGA"

I laughed.

BorkBork

Hitokage said:
Except Williams' reaction to Stewart is much funnier.

Yeah Couric is boring and doesn't know how to roll with the punches. Made it an awkward segment to watch.

BorkBork

Oh shit, Stewart just busted out the pancake and sausage and BACONAISE! Again! :lol

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Is Huckabee putting all that weight back on?

He's such a frustrating interview. He's so genial but also a calculating master at not actually answering any question posed to him. Instead he just redirects to some other avenue of addressing the topic that he can comfortably spin in a positive light for his side. It's no surprise he was a preacher.

Tamanon

Banned
Jason Jones' Iran bits have been pretty good, the Iranian guy doing an impression of Jon Stewart's Bush impression was hilarious.:lol

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Tamanon said:
Jason Jones' Iran bits have been pretty good, the Iranian guy doing an impression of Jon Stewart's Bush impression was hilarious.:lol

I admit that got me laughing. But, for some reason I just don't find Jon as funny as he used to be.

Cloudy

Banned
Show was great tonight. These Iran segments are pretty good. That one chick that watched Daily show was super cute :D

BorkBork

Tamanon said:

Man that bit yesterday with Stewart talking to the son of the guy Jason Jones interviewed in Iran was brutal to watch. He was on the verge of tears about his dad being hospitalized and jailed.

Tamanon

Banned
gdt5016 said:
Does tonight's episode have MJ stuff?

(I'm a Hulu watcher BTW).

Nah, occurred too late in the day, jokes were already written. Will probably just have a clip in the moment of zen like McMahon got.

Firestorm

Just saw the last episode omg :lol

35jgi8z.jpg

GENTLEMEN

Tamanon

Banned
Law & Order must be filmed right downstairs. He's starting to catch up to tonight's guest on Colbert appearances. :lol

Top Bottom