• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy 12 (NA) Thread

Reilly

Junpei Heat said:
Alrightie Today's been an alright day,I went to Toys R US to pick up .Hack GU they didnt have it.After a couple stops I went to a store that sells games to pick a PSP for my brother.....and lo behold I see ****ing FINAL FANTASY XII!!!.I asked him about it and he says he got it early,so I asked if I could get it,he seemed unsure but he said yes.10/25=I got a official copy of FFXII.

Im roughly 5:40 in,I just got back in
Rabnastare(sp) and Balthier and Fran just left me
So far this is pretty awesome,this battle system takes some time getting use to...unless you've played Vagrant Story then your pretty set.Gambit's are a bit iffy for me,as early as im in the game its expected to not have the best Gambit's so early but I find myself mostly having to control some the characters at times because instead of healing their so engrossed in their attacking someone's bound to die and if healing is top priority they seem to heal more than attacking mainly because after 60% is left they're set heal but note I've really only come across this problem in the last place I was in...the difficultly has ramped up and enemies like assaulting just one character(Vaan) at times and HP 320 would drop to 100 in a matter of seconds.Prehaps Im underleveled but im always glad when I reach a save point.

Now for the story,so far it seems pretty normal/good
odd change of pace from fight knights to rather large rats in a sewer
.I've seen only one Judge so far and
he took his helmet
and I had a hard time beliveing
that laughable twin brother angle with Basch
.Voice Acting is pretty awesome all around except for Vaan when he screams,Balthier's voice and mannerism=AWESOMENESS,Fran's voice is gonna take so time getting use to....,good for the rest.The writing is really neat,it really sets the mood and honestly makes characters seem cooler(Balthier)plus Fete=Party :lol .

I hope Gamestop get my LE in soon I dont wanna miss anything.

post pic of game with recipt or ban

FrenchMovieTheme said:
or maybe you're a pirate too. ban him mods

What is with the blind accusations? Get Phoenix Wright on the case. I know you're jealous that it isn't in your hands yet, but why not just be happy for the guy? It has happened to me quite a few times myself, as I was quite friendly with the workers at the local EB and I can personally confirm that many stores have copies of the game already.

What is with the blind accusations? Get Phoenix Wright on the case. I know you're jealous that it isn't in your hands yet, but why not just be happy for the guy? It has happened to me quite a few times myself, as I was quite friendly with the workers at the local EB and I can personally confirm that many stores have copies of the game already.

maybe you should be banned too you god damn filthy pirate

p.s. i was joking from the beginning buddy calm down :D

FrenchMovieTheme said:
maybe you should be banned too you god damn filthy pirate

p.s. i was joking from the beginning buddy calm down :D

Gotcha! I must admit I'm pretty jealous myself. My sister works at a GS, and I think I'm going to try to convince her to sneak one out early for me tomorrow.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Clever Pun said:
seriously, pics and the location of your TRU
Prepare yourself for an excuse about not having a camera or saying it's not working at the moment, something like that

These people always back out of it with some retarded excuse

Simo

teiresias said:
Was the LE guide preorder only? If not I may pick one up if they have any when I got pick up my pre-ordered CE of the game.

Nay. While the EB clerk said it was a good idea I preordered a copy given how few they received, they were selling them now as the release date was the 24th.

are their maps in the guide?

Yep and there looks like what seems to be a License Board large poster in the back of the book but I haven't really explored the guide due to spoilers.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
My local gamestop has had their copies of FF12 in for a little while now, they just can't sell em till street. Got the strategy guide last night though which is farkin massive.

I'm trading in my Cube since I'm getting a Wii anyway and they're offering $50 in-store credit for them right now anyway (I believe)... anyway, I was considering just buying games with it, but that guide looks awesome so I may use part of it to get one.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Brandon F said:
My local gamestop has had their copies of FF12 in for a little while now, they just can't sell em till street. Got the strategy guide last night though which is farkin massive.

How much?

OMG we're like five days.

Sallokin

Has anyone who ordered online actually received their LE guides yet? Mine supposedly shipped on the 23rd, but low and behold I haven't received anything yet and I paid for next day shipping.

After calling there was supposedly a huge shipping error or something and supposedly zero of the online orders have actually shipped out and will start doing so today and tomorrow. I'm just wondering if that's true or if they are jerking me around and not wanting to refund my next day air charge.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Strat guide is $30(limited edition), which is what I got. Oh and the guy took 20% off the price since I had a pre-order set up for the game(typical EB/GS deal).

LE edition is kinda meh. The artbook is rather large and kinda neat to flip through, but other than that, you get the binder and a different cover for the guide over the standard edition. No soundtrack or anything.

bluemax

Banned
So not only did I give in and buy the game and the guide, but somehow I screwed up and bought two copies of the game.

I was about to cancel the second but a friend who wants the game offered to buy it from me.

I have no idea when I'll play the game. I might put a few hours in between now and Zelda, but once Zelda comes it's good bye FFXII.

Hayami

Banned
demonkid666 said:
Whats that crazy scene where it looks like a snes game?

think that's your "Achievements" room, where you get little sprite characters for completing specific circumstances.

ezekial45

Banned
Hayami said:
think that's your "Achievements" room, where you get little sprite characters for completing specific circumstances.

I don't understand. You can enter a room in the game (FFXII) that turns everyone into Sprites?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
ezekial45 said:
I don't understand. You can enter a room in the game (FFXII) that turns everyone into Sprites?

No it's something you can access from the menu. Think of them as trophy's/achievements.

Junpei Heat

:lol at some of the comments.First i didnt get it at TRU I said i got it from store that sells games.Secondly I dont have a digital camera but I have a scanner.....so here are the scans.And yes i know the scans sucks :lol

Picture036.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture043.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture046.jpg

I won't be able to play as much of this game as I would like (24 hours a day 7 days a week) but Thanksgiving break is approaching so that will be nice.

ErasureAcer said:
No tax? FAKE!!!
It's one of those shady stores, look at its name "All Star Video Games". They don't believe in taxes, or street dates for that matter. I bet this game even fell off a truck somewhere.

I went around town with hopes of finding the LE guide today, but no luck. There are no Gamestops here where I go to college, but I have the game reserved back home (about a 40 minute drive, going to pick it up Monday night). Guess I'll have to wait until then for the guide as well.

Junpei Heat said:
:lol at some of the comments.First i didnt get it at TRU I said i got it from store that sells games.Secondly I dont have a digital camera but I have a scanner.....so here are the scans.And yes i know the scans sucks :lol

ownage!!

Amir0x

Banned
LET THE LOVE RAIN LIKE MANA FROM THE HEAVENS
LET THE HATE WASH AWAY UNTO GEHENNA
MATSUNO COMES, HIS HOLY CROWN SHINING BRIGHT
THE WINNING TEAM, HEAVENLY SOULS, RIGHTEOUSNESS

Amir0x said:

:lol

Junpei having the game reminds me of this from The Confessions of St. Augustine, Book Ten:

"There is indeed a way by which one may have it and be blessed in having it, and there are some who have the hope of it and are blessed in that hope."

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Amir0x said:

ammmmmmmmmennnn

Top Bottom