• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Forza Motorsport 2 Custom Liveries Parade

Haklong

BenjaminBirdie said:
cda57046-99d2-49ad-8315-ab892723bde.jpg

She's baaaaaack.

(On The Auction House!)
(Right Now!)
(Just Ask Haklong!)

:)

Man what a sweet ride. I just drove it around Nürburgring just to save the replay and watch the design go around that great track. Good job man.

Haklong said:
Man what a sweet ride. I just drove it around Nürburgring just to save the replay and watch the design go around that great track. Good job man.

Now THAT'S a recommendation, folks!

(But seriously, thank you. That's totally rad of you to say.)

Haklong

BenjaminBirdie said:
Now THAT'S a recommendation, folks!

(But seriously, thank you. That's totally rad of you to say.)

Hey man you deserve the props. raYne was hating on me for getting to it before he had a crack at it. HA!

Haklong said:
Hey man you deserve the props. raYne was hating on me for getting to it before he had a crack at it. HA!

Ha! Tell him to ****ing bid on that shit! It's still only got one bid. I'm going to feel like a douche if you ended up paying 200k and someone else gets to walk away with it for 20400.

:lol

Haklong

BenjaminBirdie said:
Ha! Tell him to ****ing bid on that shit! It's still only got one bid. I'm going to feel like a douche if you ended up paying 200k and someone else gets to walk away with it for 20400.

Making money isn't that hard for me so don't feel bad. Trust me, buy the end of the auction someone will either bid on it until it gets to around the same price or someone is going to buy it out. Your car is pretty rare so I'm sure it will be bought out. I've seen those Spy vs Spy cars go for more.

I'm going to message him now.

raYne

BenjaminBirdie said:

GTFO! I almost have 3 mil in the bank, I don't spend my hard earned monies on just anything. It's the principle damnit!

Haklong

raYne said:
GTFO! I almost have 3 mil in the bank, I don't spend my hard earned monies on just anything. It's the principle damnit!

And you're calling me rich? Jesus! I need to play more Forza 2 and less Shadowrun.

raYne

DarkStar said:
How do you get so much credits to buy all these auctions? 0_o
:lol I'm in a bidding war with some guy over BenjaminBirdie's car. Tried to wait till the last second and "Ebay" him, but the time added after a bid screwed that plan up. Not that it'd matter, since 2 seconds after my last bid was accepted, he outbid me again.

Screw it. It's too late for this stuff. :lol :(

Just banged out a new car tonight. I have so many paint jobs in the works but it was nice to just start and finish one in a few hours.

I call it Headphones.
543629627_d20a42bb52_o.jpg

543629629_90769af057_o.jpg

543629623_d9bee4b024_o.jpg

Also put up another "Dreamer" and "sportzhead" car on the old AH.
538220329_847bf055ed.jpg

539291010_374a6f4a9f.jpg

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
AstroLad said:
Awesome, I'll send it over tonight when I get home.

Through my own fault, you sent the wrong car, however I'm painting it up now to match the original 70's version. Should be with you today.

Bish, once I have enough creds for another Fairlady Z I'll send it over, unless you'd prefer the new school version. Let me know.

pilonv1

raYne said:
:lol I'm in a bidding war with some guy over BenjaminBirdie's car. Tried to wait till the last second and "Ebay" him, but the time added after a bid screwed that plan up. Not that it'd matter, since 2 seconds after my last bid was accepted, he outbid me again.

Don't the auctions automatically go for 1 minute more when you make a bid anyway? I remember bidding on a Futurama car with 1 min left for 10 minutes with someone and came back 90 minutes later and it was still there being bidded on.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
McBradders said:
Through my own fault, you sent the wrong car, however I'm painting it up now to match the original 70's version. Should be with you today.

Bish, once I have enough creds for another Fairlady Z I'll send it over, unless you'd prefer the new school version. Let me know.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
McBradders said:

Old school would be fine, or I can unlock it myself. What's your gamertag, I'll send you the car.

edit: holy crap, I gotta start earning some ducats!

edit: ok I've got one, let me know what your GT is and I'll fire it off

raYne

pilonv1 said:
Don't the auctions automatically go for 1 minute more when you make a bid anyway? I remember bidding on a Futurama car with 1 min left for 10 minutes with someone and came back 90 minutes later and it was still there being bidded on.
Yeah, that's why I said "tried". ;)

I've checked out a few cars on the auction, but it was my first time actually bidding on one. So I wasn't aware that the time would be extended when a new bid was added with under a min or so left on an auction.

McBradders

bishoptl said:
Old school would be fine, or I can unlock it myself. What's your gamertag, I'll send you the car.

edit: holy crap, I gotta start earning some ducats!

edit: ok I've got one, let me know what your GT is and I'll fire it off

I sent you a friends request from Twin Twi5t

You just need to accept.

Astro, this is waiting for you;

smokescreen1.jpg

smokescreen2.jpg

The design screws up (the white bars) when you add Spoilers and other downforce stuff, if that happens and you don't want to fix it yourself, send it on back and I will make the adjustments.

EDIT: There's a Fairlady Z (1970's) as pictured earlier in the thread if anyone wants to buy it... please? :3

McBradders

J. M. Romeo said:
My first attempt with the editor has been the KIRBYMOBILE. Can't compare with most of the awesome designs of this thread but practice makes perfect. This design also looks very nice on a VW New Beetle, I might upload that to the auction house.

The "Hai 2 U" on the front is a wonderful touch. Great looking car.

McBradders

J. M. Romeo said:
Yeah, I tried to put an easter egg or two for online. On the back plates there is a t('- ' <) F U NOOB thingy. That way if I win (which won't happen because I suck at the game) I will piss them off and if I lose, I will look like an idiot. But at least is all good fun.

When you drive that thing, there is no losing.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
McBradders said:
EDIT: There's a Fairlady Z (1970's) as pictured earlier in the thread if anyone wants to buy it... please? :3

Awesome, thanks. I have new favorite car to replace my NJ Transit-themed VW.

Cahill

Banned
sportzhead said:
Just banged out a new car tonight. I have so many paint jobs in the works but it was nice to just start and finish one in a few hours.

Also put up another "Dreamer" and "sportzhead" car on the old AH.
*pic of the awesome dreamer car*

I really like that "Dreamer" design and would love to pick it up. Any chance of getting it on a more ...ermm... meaty vehicle though? Something like a Saleen S7 or Lambo?

_Angelus_

Banned
Oh ****...I went online to see how my Mets cars have been selling when I ran into this beauty. Needless to say the money I made from a couple of auctions went to a guy who also was selling a Mets car as well. This car collecting is godamn addicting. I have so many titty and muscle cars in my garage that its like I often forget there's racing to do within the game.

fe9127d2-cae0-4ab0-9e76-7a9e372d976.jpg

25905512-ed3f-44cc-8e36-9b89eeaeb55.jpg

d6703d27-3066-4b7f-a980-fe255745c8f.jpg

7a418f20-d426-4e18-b6fa-2bc67e95fb7.jpg

3c0b8810-8e99-4a24-ac01-0038792de52.jpg

NeXuSDK

Jube3 said:
Someone is working on the craig mullins and its coming out pretty cool
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/seenfromplanes/forza2handler-2.jpg

I think all it would take to make the one I did more realistic would be to change some of the shading colors and then add more detail/scratches, and colros to give it a more realistic look. I really like doing illustrative type things though but Ill def keep that in mind if I do another halo car. The thought of trying to make it look like a Mullins piece without my wacom is...lol

Not working anymore?

And OMG at the VP car...

Please forgive me for sullying this awesome thread with my lackluster design and artistic skills, but for better or worse I've finished my first car. I noticed some flaws after posting the pics that I didn't see on my TV (the text on the emblem looks much more warped, for instance)

4tsf0i0.jpg

63ufbzs.jpg

It's up on the auction house if anyone is interested. Golf GTi Mk5. Auction ends around 1:00 PDT. GT: xxxSofaKingxxx

McBradders

AstroLad said:
Awesome, thanks. I have new favorite car to replace my NJ Transit-themed VW.

Glad to be of service. I'm going to make another two, one to twink and sell, the other to keep. I'm only going to be letting one out on to the free market, it kind of irks me to see dozens, if not hundreds, of similar cars pootling around.

Have you seen how many of the naked anime chick cars there are? Great art, but good lord, so many of them XD

So, here's my next car, please note this is going to be transferred to a completely different car, this one simply makes an incredible canvas :)

jim.jpg

If anyone has any tips on shading, I would love to hear them, when I mess with transparencies, and the shapes overlap, it screws them up by making them less transparent :(

McBradders

WhatRuOn said:
Aw man...I was going to start working on a Earthworm Jim car tonight.

I think there's enough room in the world for more than one, or if you want to work on a collaboration, I would love to. I was thinking about asking if anyone would care to do the logo as I simply don't have the patience for it.

I'm certainly considering putting Psy-Crow on there too.

Scotch said:
Even though I admire all the beautiful complex designs in this thread, this one may be my favorite one yet. Awesome job man.

Thanks, it's nice to get feedback like that. Appreciate it.

Cheeto

McBradders said:
I think there's enough room in the world for more than one, or if you want to work on a collaboration, I would love to. I was thinking about asking if anyone would care to do the logo as I simply don't have the patience for it.

I'm certainly considering putting Psy-Crow on there too.
I was going to put Evil the Cat on mine...Psy-Crow is cool too though. I'd love to do a collaboration. I can work on the logo tonight, that wouldn't take long. GT: NakdEatnCheet0s

Jube3

McBradders said:
If anyone has any tips on shading, I would love to hear them, when I mess with transparencies, and the shapes overlap, it screws them up by making them less transparent :(

This tip might help. Use the transparency and determine the color to use from that. Try to get the color picker as close to it as possible. Not sure if that made sense. But I use transparency mostly to help my eye gauge the color of the best shade for the situation and then I match it so I don't have to deal with the overlapping issue.

McBradders

WhatRuOn said:
I was going to put Evil the Cat on mine...Psy-Crow is cool too though. I'd love to do a collaboration. I can work on the logo tonight, that wouldn't take long. GT: NakdEatnCheet0s

Okay, I'll add you to my friends list and we can start comparing notes.

And thank you for the tips on shading, Jube, very much appreciated.

I've made about 5m just selling around 30 lost planet 350z's , money thats going to last me a while at least.

7m for the halo car? guess I better get to work ;)

BenjaminBirdie said:

Thanks for the heads up last night. Unfortunately I couldn't stay up to see it through.

McBradders

pooteeweet said:
I won't lie, it hurts a little that no one bid on my car. Is the hosting fee only applied if it sells? I assume so.

What car was it? Perhaps I missed it, or likely it was way too expensive :3

Cahill

Banned
pooteeweet said:
I won't lie, it hurts a little that no one bid on my car. Is the hosting fee only applied if it sells? I assume so.

How long was it up for? Maybe you should try again or leave it up longer? I recall Ben saying he only got like one bid on his first sale of the Noodle car.

I haven't put a ride up for sale yet, but think I'm going to throw one copy of the Reaper Lingenfelter to the AH this evening. If it doesn't sell maybe we can weep a bit together tomorrow. :D

McBradders said:
What car was it? Perhaps I missed it, or likely it was way too expensive :3
pooteeweet said:
Please forgive me for sullying this awesome thread with my lackluster design and artistic skills, but for better or worse I've finished my first car. I noticed some flaws after posting the pics that I didn't see on my TV (the text on the emblem looks much more warped, for instance)

4tsf0i0.jpg

63ufbzs.jpg

It's up on the auction house if anyone is interested. Golf GTi Mk5. Auction ends around 1:00 PDT. GT: xxxSofaKingxxx

Cahill said:
How long was it up for? Maybe you should try again or leave it up longer? I recall Ben saying he only got like one bid on his first sale of the Noodle car.

I haven't put a ride up for sale yet, but think I'm going to throw one copy of the Reaper Lingenfelter to the AH this evening. If it doesn't sell maybe we can weep a bit together tomorrow. :D

12 hours. I think it's more an indictment of my mad skillz than length of time on the block.

Top Bottom