• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Thread of Superfluous Subtitles

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
CajoleJuice said:
The Dropkick Murphys pack rocks solely due to the fact I was able to easily get the "Half a Mil" achievement on the second song. :lol

I bought the My Chemical Romance pack for GHII just to get the 400,000 solo achievement. I can't combo worth a shit on X-Stream.

Manmedaz

I hadn't the time and the will to read through this topic, but has anyone experienced some sound drops on GH3 360? Sometimes, while I play, the sound just turn from stereo to mono, or, more preciselly, only the left speaker works.
It's veeery anoying, especially for the songs that start only on the right speaker <_<.

Please, help me x_x !

elseanio

I know you can get weird designs on new face plates, but I'm looking for a plain black one. Reason being I painted a design on my PS3 guitar, but now I'm looking to sell the bundle. Anyone know if they exist, and where I can get one (UK)

From a Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/372819/def-leppard-in-guitar-hero-4

Def Leppard In Guitar Hero 4

There is no better pick me up in the world than the opening chords of Def Leppard's "Photograph". See for yourself once Guitar Hero 4. During an interview wit the band on the radio show Rockline, a caller asked why none of their songs were featured in Guitar Hero or Rock Band. Guitarist Phil Collen replied, revealing that at least three of their hits would be featured in GH4, including "Rock of Ages", "Animal", and of course, "Photograph". Personally I was hoping they would show up as downloadable content for Rock Band, but that's only because I lost one of my drumsticks. Oh come on, I had to go there. It was a moral imperative.

Sounds like a DLC pack if they're going with three songs. That or maybe one will be in the game, others will follow?

Activision needs to step up their shit as far as DLC goes, not with their pricing, but the actual amount that has been released so far. It's been shitty, RB is shitting all over GH as far as DLC goes. If I was able to use my GH3 guitar for RB on PS3, I wouldn't even play GH3.

mysticstylez said:
Activision needs to step up their shit as far as DLC goes, not with their pricing, but the actual amount that has been released so far. It's been shitty, RB is shitting all over GH as far as DLC goes. If I was able to use my GH3 guitar for RB on PS3, I wouldn't even play GH3.

Your complaint is common. If you want DLC, Guitar Hero isn't going to be the franchise for you. If you want DISC BASED SEQUELS on the other hand...

That said, there's...about 30 songs available as DLC total, I think. While it's not impressive compared to Rock Band it's certainly a step up from GH:2, and isn't exactly a laughable number.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
NameGenerated said:
Can the PC version use the GH2 360 guitar? And also PC customs look really complicated to install. About how long does it take?

PC version comes with the USB wired X360 Xplorer guitar. It also has out of the box support for the GH3 Gibson Les Paul wireless 360 controller, but you need MS's wireless adapter for PCs to use it.

You can also use your PS3 wireless guitar, sort of, by plugging in the USB dongle and using joytokey to map the buttons on the guitar to keyboard and mouse strokes. It's not as useful though because this way can't recognize motion control so hitting star power is very difficult.

Sylar

Banned
Xplorer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Les Paul + Stratocaster

atleast for fast songs like Misirlou. My X-Plorers strum is so worn down I can now five star Misirlou on expert because it's so flimsly :D

Sylar said:
Xplorer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Les Paul + Stratocaster

atleast for fast songs like Misirlou. My X-Plorers strum is so worn down I can now five star Misirlou on expert because it's so flimsly :D

:lol I never knew poor build quality could be so useful.

I hate how they feel compared to the Les Paul. Too light and cheep feeling.

LakeEarth

I had a PERFECT X-Plorer. Stiff whammy bar, good buttons, not too tight strum bar so that it wouldn't accidentally strum twice. Then I touched the TV while holding it and got a static shock that killed it. Now I have to use my other sucky one :(

sneaky77

TheGreatDave said:
Your complaint is common. If you want DLC, Guitar Hero isn't going to be the franchise for you. If you want DISC BASED SEQUELS on the other hand...

That said, there's...about 30 songs available as DLC total, I think. While it's not impressive compared to Rock Band it's certainly a step up from GH:2, and isn't exactly a laughable number.

Yeah, different model. I just wish the DLC packs were useable with all discs on gh.. instead of having to switch around.. but I am lazy like that

sneaky77 said:
Yeah, different model. I just wish the DLC packs were useable with all discs on gh.. instead of having to switch around.. but I am lazy like that

I can excuse GH2 stuff not working with GH3. But there's no excuse for all DLC to not carry over to GH4.

Doubt it will though. Just out of spite.

sneaky77

TheGreatDave said:
I can excuse GH2 stuff not working with GH3. But there's no excuse for all DLC to not carry over to GH4.

yeah, well gh2 was a harmonix product.. so yeah I wouldn't expect that to carry over. We'll find out soon enough

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
TheGreatDave said:

Make it happen Dave, also make Def Leppard hit before GH4 because the Dropkick Murphy's were a fucking waste of DLC space.

From Gamepro May 2008 Issue with cover story being Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.
Covers are noted by italics

Tier 1:Nipmuc High School
Mott the Hopple: All The Young Dudes
Cheap Trick: The Dream Police
Aerosmith: Make It, Uncle Salty, and Draw the Line

Tier 2:Max's Kansas City
Joan Jett: I Hate Myself for Loving You
The Kinks: All Day and All of the Night
Aerosmith:Movin' Out, No Surprize, and Sweet Emotion

Tier 3: The Orpheum
The Clash Complete Control
New York Dolls: Personality Crisis
Aerosmith:Livin' on the Edge, Ragdoll, Love in an Elevator
rad.

edit: I just noticed that since I quoted the text, everything is in italics. :lol I'll underline instead.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
OK, the strum bar on my Les Paul is more fucked up now than my Strat's ever was, but the newest guitar I can find fixes for is the Xplorer. Halp! I've done some pretty extensive testing, and it's definitely not the fret buttons, which is what seems to fail for other people. I used my original PS2 SG about ten times more and that one works better than it did on day one. :/

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Just learned how to tap TTFAF and got a new high score. Hooray.

Edit: Dave and Xevren, I'll add you guys. I didn't notice your posts a while back when I asked whether or not anyone wanted to play.

It baffles me how short a warranty can be. I remember back in the N64 days all my cartridges had a 2 year warranty. Maybe that's because the European Union occasionally does some good stuff, I dunno.

Black_Ice, I'll accept you next time I'm on, which will be soon. If you ever see me feel free to invite me, I won't be doing anything but grinding for achievements.

(I'm currently trying to get the 15 online wins with a controller one. It's soul crushing)

Xevren

TheGreatDave said:
It baffles me how short a warranty can be. I remember back in the N64 days all my cartridges had a 2 year warranty. Maybe that's because the European Union occasionally does some good stuff, I dunno.

Black_Ice, I'll accept you next time I'm on, which will be soon. If you ever see me feel free to invite me, I won't be doing anything but grinding for achievements.

(I'm currently trying to get the 15 online wins with a controller one. It's soul crushing)

Haha, that controller one is retarded.

I got it before.

Everybody who plays on Easy online seems to just be going for achievements. Number of times I've had to play fucking Through the Fire and the Flames on easy now...

I can log on now if you wanna play. Send me an invite.

I just saw the rechargeable battery pack for the guitars on Amazon, instantly bought one. Although the battery life is pretty good on the guitars to be honest.

TAJ

TheGreatDave said:
Can't you just get it replaced? Or do Activision have like, a 3 day warranty?

I bought it near the end of November, so it's a couple months out of warranty.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Ok, after I'm done playing with Xevren we can play a co op game as well, I gotta do something though, brb in like 20.

Black_Ice said:
Ok, after I'm done playing with Xevren we can play a co op game as well, I gotta do something though, brb in like 20.

Every time I accept to play, the game locks up. I'll try inviting you.

*edit* Hmm, even going to Xbox live by myself locks it up...I'll restart.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Yeah, usually songs I take a liking to I can get pretty damned high on.

I'm trying to 5* TTFAF but as you may have seen my highest is around 500k. :(

Top Bottom