• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Thread of Superfluous Subtitles

Sharp

Just wanted to let everyone know that Bark at the Moon has been FCed, meaning that Guitar Hero 1 has now been completely FCed. Also, since it's sort of tangentially related, taking typing tests after playing Stepmania will make you feel good about yourself.

AkuMifune

Banned
We get Def Leppard tomorrow, right?

Word on the street is that on April 24th, DLC featuring Def Leppard’s newest single “Nine Lives” as well as “Rock of Ages” and “Photograph” will be available for download via XBL and PSN.

Also, I FC'd 'Dream On' (only Hard) but that's not much of an accomplishment. It was fairly easy. I'm more of a 'secretly plays drunk for fun' guy anyway. :D

Sharp

AkuMifune said:
We get Def Leppard tomorrow, right?

Also, I FC'd 'Dream On' (only Hard) but that's not much of an accomplishment. It was fairly easy. I'm more of a 'secretly plays drunk for fun' guy anyway. :D
Yeah, drunken GH is pretty much invariably the best GH. If nothing else it helps compensate for the ridiculous GH3 timing window on HOPOs.

Sharp said:
Yeah, drunken GH is pretty much invariably the best GH. If nothing else it helps compensate for the ridiculous GH3 timing window on HOPOs.

I refuse to play any rhythm game after drinking. I get frustrated.

SleazyC

Finally beat The Devil Went Down to Georgia :D

Really low score and a 3-star but I'll take it. Went into Victory Solo R in red and somehow manage to squeak through it and finish the song.

CurseoftheGods said:
Does the PS3 GHIII controller work with Rock Band?

Does your browser work with Wikipedia?

No, the GH:3 guitar doesn't work with Rock Band on PS3.

The other tracks are OK. There's nothing amazing here. I did die at the end of...the one that wasn't Photograph though, which was interesting.

I am very concerned about the HO/PO in the latest charts Neversoft have done. I think they've nerfed them and made them comparable to GH:2.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
TheGreatDave said:

The other tracks are OK. There's nothing amazing here. I did die at the end of...the one that wasn't Photograph though, which was interesting.

I am very concerned about the HO/PO in the latest charts Neversoft have done. I think they've nerfed them and made them comparable to GH:2.

:eek:

But are they fun enough to warrant the purchase?

McBradders said:
:eek:

But are they fun enough to warrant the purchase?

Um...I dunno. Look at the YouTube videos. For the most part they're chordy, but the sequences mix it up enough to never be boring. I'm the wrong person to ask since I'll buy anything with no remorse.

Sharp

TheGreatDave said:

So they're accurately charted now? That's excellent news, as long as they deliver on their promise of a tighter engine in GH4.

Sharp said:
So they're accurately charted now? That's excellent news, as long as they deliver on their promise of a tighter engine in GH4.

I mean you never have to strum. Long sections where you strum once and just tap away like it's Frequency. Compared to something like

I don't approve of that shit. Compared to something like Ernten Was Wir Säen it seems like a downgrade.

TheGreatDave said:

From the OP:

IGN says: The guitars for Guitar Hero III DO work with Rock Band.

That's why I asked. Don't be a dick, douchebag.

GCQuinton

Pretty fun track pack for me. "Rock of Ages" is definitely the hardest song out of them all.

And slightly OT, but right after I tried these songs out I popped in my copy of Battle of the Bands on Wii for the first time only to see it has "Photograph" too. I'm not even gonna lie here, the R&B version (labeled as hip-hop) is actually pretty good.

"Master Exploder" was another surprise in there, too. Hopefully that comes over to the guitar games eventually.

AkuMifune

Banned
GCQuinton said:
Pretty fun track pack for me. "Rock of Ages" is definitely the hardest song out of them all.

And slightly OT, but right after I tried these songs out I popped in my copy of Battle of the Bands on Wii for the first time only to see it has "Photograph" too. I'm not even gonna lie here, the R&B version (labeled as hip-hop) is actually pretty good.

"Master Exploder" was another surprise in there, too. Hopefully that comes over to the guitar games eventually.

I'm downloading now while at work. Then get drunk with friends, go home and ROCK OUT! What did you think about the live tracks? Yay or Nay?

Also Battle of the Bands? Any fun? (goes to see of there is a thread).

Xevren

I liked rock of ages or whatever its called, the other 2 are pretty boring for the most part.

Is anyone else having problems connecting online for matches? Ever since the xbox live problems on I think Tuesday its just been terrible since.

batbeg

I hate trying to move to expert on this game :( Got it about two weeks ago, moved onto hard by the end of the first week but I can only beat the simplest of songs on Expert (Bulls on Parade, Slow Ride, and Rock and Roll All Night. And Santana, but I'm not sure if that's simple or if I just love it).

Wii version, so I'm already dying for the expansion to come out so I can have me some new songs. But this has been missing from me my whole life.

jhferry said:
Wow, who was the genius who put live versions of Rock of ages and Photograph in the def leppard pack. They both sound horrible.

I assume they didn't have the original masters.

I thought they sounded fine honestly. I actually think they should go that route with songs they don't have masters for.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
So, uh.... how would I handle a broken guitar? (360, for the record.) Getting up to the last tier on Expert caused my X-Plorer's strum bar to go flaky. A single downstrum keeps going infinitely until I up-strum, as if something's getting jammed or a contact moved or something. Is there some way I can fix it, somewhere I can get rid of it, anything?

GCQuinton

Muse Pack Coming Next Week:

Known for their exhilarating live performances and unique blend of rock music styles, British trio Muse is returning to Guitar Hero® for an encore performance with the release of a three track downloadable song pack for Activision Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero® III: Legends of Rock.

Featuring the rousing hits “Exo-Politics” and “Supermassive Black Hole” from the band’s critically acclaimed album Black Holes and Revelations, and “Stockholm Syndrome” from their multi-platinum record Absolution, the Muse track pack will be available for Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and in the PLAYSTATION®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system on May 8, 2008.

I imagine that'll make quite a few folks around here happy.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
GCQuinton said:

Bah! Still not allowing myself to download GH3 dlc because of that whole PS3 guitar compatability thing.

<3 muse

123rl

This is the best GH3 DLC so far. Fact. They picked their two worst albums but I can live with it because those three songs are still pretty good

DarkJC

Holy fucking shit, Muse pack?! FINALLY. I've wanted more of them in GH ever since I got a taste of Knights of Cydonia.

Next week will be awesome.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
TheGreatDave said:
You're just hurting yourself man.
If they had Plug In Baby I might actually break my little boycott.

Plus Knights of Cydonia is my worst GH3 song. :(
Kinda pissed I still suck at it.

YES! Finally. I have been dying for a Muse pack in GH or Rock Band. Normally I would buy this the second its posted, but I dont have too many MS points to spare. So I'll wait till I see the note charts first. Good song choices too.

Plug In Baby should be in over Supermassive. But I actually want that in Rock Band so I can live without it.

I suck at Knights. Its the only song before the final tier I can't five star.

DarkJC

TheGreatDave said:
Plug In Baby should be in over Supermassive. But I actually want that in Rock Band so I can live without it.

I suck at Knights. Its the only song before the final tier I can't five star.

It's all about finding your rhythm for the fast double strumming parts. I've played it enough now that I can after a few bars get into a nice long 4x chain for a while. It's still hard to maintain but you start to feel when you've got the strumming just right.

Sharp

DarkJC said:
It's all about finding your rhythm for the fast double strumming parts. I've played it enough now that I can after a few bars get into a nice long 4x chain for a while. It's still hard to maintain but you start to feel when you've got the strumming just right.
You don't even really need to do that well on them though, using your star power wisely during the long ending parts (which are easy to keep a combo on) should serve you in good stead.

Also: One Fast Solo A Triplets FC. Progress!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I originally fixed my Les Paul with the mod where you move the board on the neck closer to the body. It worked great for about a week, then it sucked.
I switched to the rubber band mod and it worked better than the day I bought it for about one day, then it went back to being a piece of shit.

OH
MY
FUCKING
GOD

STOCKHOLM SYNDROME

th_jam-1.gif
th_jam-1.gif
th_jam-1.gif
th_jam-1.gif
th_jam-1.gif

BboyDubC

GCQuinton said:

I'm glad people understand the ONLY reason to bump this thread. Because everytime I see this thread bumped, I expect news of new DLC. Thanks GAF for not disappointing me. Will buy.

DGRP

TheGreatDave said:
I think I'm the only one with a working Les Paul in the world. Every one bitches about it, I think its the best thing ever.

You're not the only one.

My launch Les Paul is THE BEST guitar controller by a mile.

Also holy shit yes for Muse.

Xevren

MUSE!!!!

STOCKHOLM SYNDROME WOOOOO!!

But the other two? Bah, but i'll take any Muse over some of the other crap they've put out.

TheKurgan

Got my first taste of Guitar Hero III this weekend (Wii version) and quite enjoyed it. I am thinking I might pick it up but don't know which version to go with (PS3 or 360 version). Are PS3 and 360 versions similar? Does one have more features/downloadable songs than the other?

Thanks.

borsdy

Banned
The 360 one lets you play online with people on your friendlist, has 4 extra songs if you buy the soundtrack and download the free halo theme, guitar controller also works for gh2 and rock band.

Top Bottom