• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Thread of Superfluous Subtitles

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
I just played this game again for the first time in a long while. I suck now. Couldn't even beat Cult of Personality at first. :(

I got some of my skill back, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to reach my prime again. :(

darkressurection said:
Quick question for PS3 GH players, what lag setting do you have your game at? I can't seem to nail one down for me. My PS3 is hooked up through HDMI
I gave up on that a long time ago. I only hope that either they fixed the issue with the GH:A guitars (not likely) or with the GH:WT guitars (only a tad more likely). I hope they fixed it in GH:WT because laggy drums would be horrible.

BobsRevenge

darkressurection said:
Quick question for PS3 GH players, what lag setting do you have your game at? I can't seem to nail one down for me. My PS3 is hooked up through HDMI
Audio lag to around 75 in DD, no lag for video

None in stereo

Try stereo.

edit: At the guy above me: it isn't the guitars, its the software.

Kewk

Banned
BobsRevenge said:
Audio lag to around 75 in DD, no lag for video

None in stereo

Try stereo.

edit: At the guy above me: it isn't the guitars, its the software.

It's not the software... it's the tv/receiver. You would think by now this would be common knowledge, as this has been an issue on ever Guitar Hero game & RB.

BobsRevenge

Kewk said:
It's not the software... it's the tv/receiver. You would think by now this would be common knowledge, as this has been an issue on ever Guitar Hero game & RB.
When was the last time your reciever took over a second to process a DD signal?

The stereo has no lag the DD does. Where does that time go?

Kewk

Banned
BobsRevenge said:
When was the last time your reciever took over a second to process a DD signal?

All receivers have DD lag... most also have a lag adjustment in the settings specifically for it.

so you're telling me that when I have it hooked straight to a SD television that has never given me any lag problems with GH1, 2, 80's, or Rock Band, it's suddenly the TV's fault? No. I'm talking about the PS3 version, and I'm telling you I'm on guitar #5 and I still can't get it to process signals correctly. In other words, when I'm in the XMB I can alt strum and it works fine. When I'm in the GH menu and alt strum it moves up and down sometimes one at a time, sometimes two at a time, and sometimes not at all. This is not a lag problem, it's a hardware problem.

BobsRevenge

bune duggy said:
so you're telling me that when I have it hooked straight to a SD television that has never given me any lag problems with GH1, 2, 80's, or Rock Band, it's suddenly the TV's fault? No. I'm talking about the PS3 version, and I'm telling you I'm on guitar #5 and I still can't get it to process signals correctly. In other words, when I'm in the XMB I can alt strum and it works fine. When I'm in the GH menu and alt strum it moves up and down sometimes one at a time, sometimes two at a time, and sometimes not at all. This is not a lag problem, it's a hardware problem.
If it works in the XMB but not ingame its a software problem. The GH menus have never been the most responsive and what that sounds like to me is the GH3 menu being stupid. Not sure though since I haven't tried it out myself.

Kewk

Banned
bune duggy said:

You have been replacing guitars based on a test in the GH menus?

yes, I always base my decisions on such well though-out reasoning such as "the menus don't work right". I play GH on expert and I can't even carry a combo through a song on easy. It's annoying and has really limited my enjoyment of the game and made me very wary of buying any further Guitar Hero products.

SleazyC

Didn't want to create a new thread for this so...

o858xi.jpg

Through the Fire and Flames has been FC'd by Iamchris4life!

a5ibk4.jpg

What an amazing accomplishment. It's crazy to think that someone was able to get through all the insane sections of the song to string a 100% run together.

Video is coming soon, I'll link it whenever it is fully uploaded.

verio

SleazyC said:
What an amazing accomplishment. It's crazy to think that someone was able to get through all the insane sections of the song to string a 100% run together.

Video is coming soon, I'll link it whenever it is fully uploaded.

Is this the first time someone has done this? Sorry, don't follow GH much.

SleazyC

verio said:
Is this the first time someone has done this? Sorry, don't follow GH much.
Yes, it is the first 100% of the song across all platforms. No one has even come close to iamchris4life (he had a run where he missed only 3 notes a couple days prior) accomplishments with the song and he has been in the Guinness World Book of Records, become a spokesman for a third-party guitar manufacturer, and won $1000 worth of credit at Play N Trade's due to his successes with the song and with Guitar Hero as a whole.

Coop

SleazyC said:
Yes, it is the first 100% of the song across all platforms. No one has even come close to iamchris4life (he had a run where he missed only 3 notes a couple days prior) accomplishments with the song and he has been in the Guinness World Book of Records, become a spokesman for a third-party guitar manufacturer, and won $1000 worth of credit at Play N Trade's due to his successes with the song and with Guitar Hero as a whole.
He's living the dream.

AkuMifune

Banned
It looks like we're gonna get Coldplay DLC around June 17th, in conjunction with their new album. Speculation based on rumors.

Take it as you will.

I would be totally against it, but just because of Kofucku's smarmy headline, I'll support it now.

tralfazz

AkuMifune said:
It looks like we're gonna get Coldplay DLC around June 17th, in conjunction with their new album. Speculation based on rumors.

Take it as you will.

I would be totally against it, but just because of Kofucku's smarmy headline, I'll support it now.

I don't think it's rumored. It's plain fact that it's coming out in conjunction in last week's EW. They didn't have a date thought but I assume in the next couple of weeks. Violet Hill was stated to be part.

Going to Kotaku never fails to annoy me. I HAVE NO MOUTH AND I MUST SCREAM.

Johnkers said:
Next you'll be saying crazy things like fuck Nirvana! :lol

I'd even take Smells Like Teen Spirit over Coldplay. Seriously!

Das stiq auf joy (not gonna bother with link, it'd get all bleeped out) have been told by Activision that Guitar Hero: Aerosmith won't support GH3 DLC. It's a pity, but it's not much of a big deal.

Eric Hall

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/05/lots-of-guitar-hero-iii-dlc-coming-this-month/
Activision has announced today that Guitar Hero III will be receiving five downloadable track packs during the month of June. All of these will contain master tracks, but only two have been detailed, with the other three shrouded in mystery. The first song pack, which has been released today on the EU PSN Store and will no doubt be made available later today in America, is the Motorhead pack. This contains the songs "We Are the Road Crew," "Stay Clean" and "Motörhead."

The second pack will be made available on June 12th and will combine performances from the Isle of Wight 2007 and 2008 festivals into an aptly named "Isle of Wight" pack. This contains Kasabian's "Shoot The Runner," The Kaiser Chiefs' "I Predict A Riot" and The Sex Pistols' "Problems." A one-off free God of War II pack is also available today for free. With this, Activision is clearly really putting a lot of effort into downloadable content and, dare we say, giving Rock Band a run for its money. Well, not really, but it's pretty impressive nonetheless.

Pretty cool I guess, will pick up the Motorhead pack when the 360 gets back from repair

Interested to see what else is coming though

Johnkers

The Kaiser Chiefs' "I Predict A Riot", awesome track. Ruby was one of my favourites from GH3 too.

2 (or 3?) more packs soon... please don't be Coldplay!

Chris R

So yea, the GoW song has me putting my GHIII disc back in after quite a long break. Song is hard for me, but then again, I can barely pass a few of the songs on expert as it is now. Awesome song though.

AkuMifune

Banned
I can't speak from a technical standpoint (I play GH drunk and only on Hard), but I think the GoW song rocks. It's a great metal track that is just really fun to play. Also, something that would never work on Rock Band. Play to your strengths GH!

It looks like we're the only two people playing GH on the PS3, lol.

I'm thinking about the Motorhead pack, but where the fuck is 'Ace of Spades'? As usual, great band, bad tracks.

AkuMifune said:
I can't speak from a technical standpoint (I play GH drunk and only on Hard), but I think the GoW song rocks. It's a great metal track that is just really fun to play. Also, something that would never work on Rock Band. Play to your strengths GH!

It looks like we're the only two people playing GH on the PS3, lol.

I'm thinking about the Motorhead pack, but where the fuck is 'Ace of Spades'? As usual, great band, bad tracks.
in a previous GH game?

and I tried the GOW song. It wasn't bad, I guess.

bune duggy said:
You paid $20 for them? damn. My condolences.

I bought the CD for somebody in the US, and just had them send me the code. I didn't even get a shitty CD out of it.

This is why I'm a freak, and why not having a song other people do really bugs me.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
BobsRevenge said:

It gets eaten up by encoding (in the console) and decoding. (in the receiver)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oh man, I got 5 stars on Raining Blood in Quick Play then realized it was the last song I needed to get 5 stars on in Career for the 5 star all songs on Medium achievement, and I couldn't do it anymore. After about 20 tries I got it, but now I'm back at it on hard and can't do it at all. :(

I also can't do Hammer-ons or Pull-offs at all, which is probably why.

The Isle of White pack is up. I also had a new software update when I booted the game, doubt it does anything amazing though.

Kasabian - "Shoot The Runner"

Kaiser Chiefs - "I Predict A Riot"

The Sex Pistols - "Problems" (live at Bristol)

Pack is bollocks, do not buy. It's like...tier one Rock Band, without the possibility of drums and vocals to make it fun. I Predict A Riot is laugh worthy, Shoot The Runner has a couple of interesting sections between walls of bordom, and the Sex Pistols song is a bunch of chords, which you occasionally have to strum three times quickly. That's about as varied as it gets.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
TheGreatDave said:
Pack is bollocks, do not buy. It's like...tier one Rock Band, without the possibility of drums and vocals to make it fun. I Predict A Riot is laugh worthy, Shoot The Runner has a couple of interesting sections between walls of bordom, and the Sex Pistols song is a bunch of chords, which you occasionally have to strum three times quickly. That's about as varied as it gets.

Wow, so pretty much all the GH packs for 3 have sucked ass.

Although admittedly I really enjoyed the No Doubt stuff ¬_¬

Top Bottom