• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Thread of Superfluous Subtitles

TheKurgan

borsdy said:
The 360 one lets you play online with people on your friendlist, has 4 extra songs if you buy the soundtrack and download the free halo theme, guitar controller also works for gh2 and rock band.

Hmmm... 360 it is then. Thanks.

Quick question. Was playing this in co-op on some downloaded tracks and unlocked 200 note, 500 note and 1000 note streaks in co-op. Yet when we got over 700,000 points in co-op, the achievement didn't register. Is it glitched? Or does that particular achievement have to be done on the standard setlist?

SleazyC

Muse pack is out on Xbox Live and PSN EU (as far as I know)! Just downloaded the 360 DLC and am about to give it a spin.

SleazyC

Here's my quick breakdown:

Exo-Politics: Fun song but not hard at all, FC'd it on my 2nd go.
Stockholm Syndrome: Amazingly fun, has some very strummy parts, not as fast as KoC but decently fast.
Super Massive Black Hole: Kind of boring actually. Very easy and would have been a sight read FC if I didn't flub after a trill.

Overall I think its ok but the songs felt a bit easier to me when comapred to KoC. I have nothing to record these but I'm sure vids will pop up any minute now.

I just read on Score Hero that the pack has no three note chords.

:(

The reason I defend Guitar Hero so much is that it offers an experience you don't get in Rock Band. But lately Neversoft have just been going closer and closer to Harmonix's style. I'll have too see the charts I guess, the only YouTube link I've found won't play on my phone.

SleazyC said:
Here's my quick breakdown:

Exo-Politics: Fun song but not hard at all, FC'd it on my 2nd go.
Stockholm Syndrome: Amazingly fun, has some very strummy parts, not as fast as KoC but decently fast.
Super Massive Black Hole: Kind of boring actually. Very easy and would have been a sight read FC if I didn't flub after a trill.

Overall I think its ok but the songs felt a bit easier to me when comapred to KoC. I have nothing to record these but I'm sure vids will pop up any minute now.
Thanks! Can't wait to try these tonight.

I have difficulty with KoC, so I'm surprised/pleased to hear I might have more fun with these ones.

SleazyC

LakeEarth said:
Whoa, I wonder how many points you can get on Stockholm Syndrome.
It's been FC'd a couple times and I think I've seen it mostly around 665k-ish. Some people were originally hoping for 750k but I think 700k is even out of reach to the best squeezers.

DarkJC

TheGreatDave said:
I just read on Score Hero that the pack has no three note chords.

:(

The reason I defend Guitar Hero so much is that it offers an experience you don't get in Rock Band. But lately Neversoft have just been going closer and closer to Harmonix's style. I'll have too see the charts I guess, the only YouTube link I've found won't play on my phone.

I'm fairly sure Neversoft is caving to the pressure of everyone blathering on about how 3 note chords are terrible and they should feel terrible for using them.

It sucks, but I don't blame them. I was a fan of the difficulty of Guitar Hero, but I think I'm in the minority. I'm not sure if I'll be buying GH4 or GH Aerosmith if this is their new trend. Guitar Hero was worth it for me before cause playing it was more challenging and--to me--more fun for guitar than Rock Band. If they're heading towards making Harmonix-like guitar charts, I might as well just stick with Rock Band.

SleazyC

29urbyg.png

Guitarhero.com had a bit of a hiccup.... Supermassive Blackhole and Stockholm Syndrome are switched... and it ate up my Super Massive Black Hole FC in the process :(

DarkJC said:
I'm fairly sure Neversoft is caving to the pressure of everyone blathering on about how 3 note chords are terrible and they should feel terrible for using them.

It sucks, but I don't blame them. I was a fan of the difficulty of Guitar Hero, but I think I'm in the minority. I'm not sure if I'll be buying GH4 or GH Aerosmith if this is their new trend. Guitar Hero was worth it for me before cause playing it was more challenging and--to me--more fun for guitar than Rock Band. If they're heading towards making Harmonix-like guitar charts, I might as well just stick with Rock Band.

Yeah, I'm the same. Since Dream On I figured they were easing off having notes you have to strum as opposed to long hammer on sections that are uninterupted (which sucks), but I LOVE 3 note chords, and without them Guitar Hero kinda offers nothing over Rock Band, other than more focused tracklistings.

OK, played them all.

Stockholm is obviously the best of the bunch. When the big riff comes in before the chorus I was literally headbanging, like an asshole from a Guitar Hero commercial. It just feels awesome. Obviously it's all alt strumming, but the song is a blast to play. The intro killed me twice before I realised "oh shit, just hold down green", but I'll never FC it. Got about 450-500k.

Exo-Politics is a complete waste of time. I got 100% first time, and it's pretty boring all the way through.

Supermassive...fun, but easy again. I missed one fucking note (holding down orange instead of blue on the main riff). Enjoyable though, better than Exo for sure.

The charting conventions are annoying me though. I think the franchise is slowly dying for me in an attempt to win back people it'll never get.

Somebody say they want to play online with me, cos I need the 1000 note achievement in co-op and will happily be a bass bitch.

Xevren

I'm pretty dissapointed, I was kind of expecting Stockholm to be more difficult knowing how they chart things. I knew the other 2 songs were going to be insanely easy, wish they chose something different but oh well.

LakeEarth

TheGreatDave said:
Stockholm is obviously the best of the bunch. When the big riff comes in before the chorus I was literally headbanging, like an asshole from a Guitar Hero commercial. It just feels awesome.
The next GH commercial...

"Hey, it makes me headbang."
"Good Dave. That means it's working!"

Seriously though, I do it all the time and usually when I'm having an insane "on" day.

I can't headbang usually, as it distracts me too much. But because that riff is so consistant I can FEEL the music without worrying about being caught off guard.

When I'm alt strumming I have to pound my foot like a junked up hillbilly though, so I was probably quite a sight to behold when I played Stockholm Syndrome.

Xevren said:
I'm pretty dissapointed, I was kind of expecting Stockholm to be more difficult knowing how they chart things. I knew the other 2 songs were going to be insanely easy, wish they chose something different but oh well.

I was expecting the main verse to be alt strumming three note chords constantly. I wish it was :(

Xevren

TheGreatDave said:
I was expecting the main verse to be alt strumming three note chords constantly. I wish it was :(

I was hoping for chord jumps like in the bridge for Before I forget, I love those =(

Xevren said:
I was hoping for chord jumps like in the bridge for Before I forget, I love those =(

I can't remember anything in Before I Forget, or I risk crying.

If I ever play you online again, promise me you won't pick it.

Eric Hall

Did anyone see this, idk if it is true or not though

http://blog.synthesis.net/2008/05/08/at-the-drive-in-to-ear-pummel-mars-volta-fans-via-guitar-hero-iv/

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 8, 2008 — Huntington Beach, CA

Pick up your guitar and shred along to “One Armed Scissor” by At the Drive-In this summer on Guitar Hero IV. The game will be released this June on all major platforms including Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, PC, Mac and Nintendo DS. At The Drive-In will have their track included along with rock giants such as Aerosmith and Def Leppard.

The track “One Armed Scissor” originally released on Relationship and Command still continues to stand the test of time. It has been recognized by Spin Magazine as one of the “Top 100 albums between 1985 and 2005″ and by Time Magazine as an album that, “deftly combines punk ferocity with artful though sometimes inscrutable lyrics.”

CajoleJuice said:
No three-note chords? wtf!

I'm not even sure if I'm gonna buy the pack now...I'd be down if I could just buy SS.

I think Supermassive is quite a bit of fun as well. For 500 points I'd say it's still worth it.

Somebody needs to talk to Neversoft and get them to put a 5th difficulty level in the game or something. I played Miss Murder last night against some guy online (he was shit) and with all the three note chords in that songs it's like these 3 literally were pulled out of GH:2.

Ikopi

Got the replacement disc for the sound issues on the Wii version yesterday. Apparently Europeans customer are not worthy enough to receive the Phoenix faceplate that the American customers got. Very disapointing, especially since I had to wait more than four weeks to get the replacement disc. I will be sending a mail to customer service after the weekend to ask for an explanation.

Shiggy

Ikopi said:
Got the replacement disc for the sound issues on the Wii version yesterday. Apparently Europeans customer are not worthy enough to receive the Phoenix faceplate that the American customers got. Very disapointing, especially since I had to wait more than four weeks to get the replacement disc. I will be sending a mail to customer service after the weekend to ask for an explanation.

I probably won't buy any Activison products in near future...

Bull

TheGreatDave said:
Somebody say they want to play online with me, cos I need the 1000 note achievement in co-op and will happily be a bass bitch.

I've been looking for an excuse to play again so I'll give this a shot with you. I'm not the player you are though. :(

Add "Bizarro Bull" and watch for me online.

Bull said:
I've been looking for an excuse to play again so I'll give this a shot with you. I'm not the player you are though. :(

Add "Bizarro Bull" and watch for me online.

I'm really not that hot. I can beat the game on expert, but from tier 7 I'm a ***-**** kinda guy.

I'll add you now. I may be on in a bit if you're around.

Ikopi

Send an email to Activision to enquire why we Europeans didn't get the extra faceplate with the disc exchange program.

The answer:

'Activision was not responsible for manufacturing the face plates nor the distribution of them. I do ont know why the developer did not create a faceplate for European customers.'

Myeah, got it. Third world citizen confirmed.

Sharp

Ikopi said:
Send an email to Activision to enquire why we Europeans didn't get the extra faceplate with the disc exchange program.

The answer:

'Activision was not responsible for manufacturing the face plates nor the distribution of them. I do ont know why the developer did not create a faceplate for European customers.'

Myeah, got it. Third world citizen confirmed.
Well the US does buy Guitar Hero at like a 4:1 ratio compared to you guys. At least.

fresquito

So today I beat Stricken, 3s & 7s and Before I forget on expert. Stricken was easy, 3s & 7s a bit harder. Before I Forget was really painfull.

It's funny, because I's been like two months since I last played GH3, and this time I've been playing some GHI, GHII and Rock Band, and I've improved quite a lot, even if they all are easier than GH3. The thing is, since they are easier, playing on expert was the way to go. But it wasn't as painful as playing expert on GH3.

So when yesterday I beat Freebird and Hangar 18 on expert, four stars in each one on my fist try I thought: hey, I should go back to GH3 and try tier 7. It's worked. Now I have to beat Cult of Personality >_<

Beating Before I Forget it's been the second most exciting thing playing this game, just second to beating Raining Blood on hard.

At least Raining Blood is a classic, and kinda fits in to what's came in Guitar Hero.

Before I Forget is basically "Hey, wanna play chords? Wanna play a bunch of difficult chords right after one another for 4 minutes? OK!"

yodandy

Ikopi said:

WTF? Im in the US and I just got my disc back...no faceplate...

doest it come separately or what?

edit: ah, bro tells me it comes separately in like a week, sweet

Aladuf

Banned
darkressurection said:
Quick question for PS3 GH players, what lag setting do you have your game at? I can't seem to nail one down for me. My PS3 is hooked up through HDMI

Hmm... I never calibrated my lag for it, and I'm connected with HDMI too. It seems to be fine but maybe I'm just not noticing.

Aladuf23 said:
Hmm... I never calibrated my lag for it, and I'm connected with HDMI too. It seems to be fine but maybe I'm just not noticing.
It might just be guitar lag for all I know, I am still used to the 360 version but my 360 kicked the bucket so I just picked up the PS3 version.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Just downloaded the Muse pack, good fun.

FC'd both Exo-Politics and Super Massive Black Hole on Sightreads :lol but they were still good.

Stockholm Syndrome was a different story, but easily the best out of all three. Got 573k on that and im gonna ut a vidoe of that run up sooner or later.

Top Bottom