• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Thread of Superfluous Subtitles

SleazyC

I don't think we'll see an FC for a bit since hitting all the crazy parts in TTFAF in one run would be a pretty epic accomplishment that will probably require a lot of practice

devil1.png

HellAshes getting 757k in TDWDTG.

Sharp

SleazyC said:
I don't think we'll see an FC for a bit since hitting all the crazy parts in TTFAF in one run would be a pretty epic accomplishment that will probably require a lot of practice

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/HellAshes/devil1.png[img]
HellAshes getting 757k in TDWDTG.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I saw that too! Pretty impressive, especially considering that he hasn't even been playing GH3 on principle for awhile. That said, if you watch that TTFaF run he [i]does[/i] hit all the crazy parts except for two, plus a stupid miss in a relatively easy section. I have no doubt that he is capable of an FC at this point, he just needs to step up his game on the twin solo.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
TheGreatDave said:
There was no way I was getting through that solo in DWDTG :(

:lol That's alright. I was doing pretty bad myself, I usually do better.

Sharp said:
Check out this pretty incredible TTFaF run if you want to be humbled. 951k points, 99% notes hit (only 30 missed), 2407 NS. He hits Bridge 1 and the 26.6 nps red snake. After this, it seems clear that an FC is possible.

Makes me realize how bad I am.

Chris has FC'd every part of the song. He'll get it in one run soon enough.

As for DWDTG, I want to 5* it but my high is only 470k. I'll start working on that.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Since I use my thumb to play the green fret (never got used to sliding/stretching), I recently discovered my own way to tap.

Right index - Green
Left thumb - Red
Left Middle - Yellow
Left Ring - Blue
Left pinky - Orange

So, if you ever end up using your thumb to play GH that's the ideal tapping method. :D

Over 10 attempts to get past the intro.

Requiring the use of my girlfriend's hair bobble to hold down green.

Lead...to....

bjvb6.jpg

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I had the guitar in an odd position, so I never used star power intentionally, it would just go off when I got it. So there is some hope. I believe.

...I'm just too tired to try again. Shiiit.

New to this thread and hooked on GH III. Without reading the whole thread, does using unlock codes disable achievements on GH II or III?

Will they be putting any of the older songs from GH on PS2 as DLC for the 360?

Is there a way to play all of the GH games on a PS3 with one guitar yet?

ascii42

jhferry said:
New to this thread and hooked on GH III. Without reading the whole thread, does using unlock codes disable achievements on GH II or III?

Will they be putting any of the older songs from GH on PS2 as DLC for the 360?

Is there a way to play all of the GH games on a PS3 with one guitar yet?
I can personally attest that the unlock codes actually give you the achievements in GH III at least.
I also got the Enlightened Guitarist achievement when I failed One.

TheGreatDave said:
Over 10 attempts to get past the intro.

Requiring the use of my girlfriend's hair bobble to hold down green.

Lead...to....

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
My friend and I had a similar experience on Friday, we were on Co-Op on XBL and we got to 96% and I fucked up one of the end parts.:lol

darkressurection said:
My friend and I had a similar experience on Friday, we were on Co-Op on XBL and we got to 96% and I fucked up one of the end parts.:lol

I just tried another 10 times and couldn't get past the intro again.

I think that was my one chance :(

SleazyC said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lXO97XFFx3U

Victory Solo R FC's are ridiculous no matter how many times I see them...

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK WAS THAT? NO MAN CAN DO THAT.

I don't exactly follow the "scene", so I didn't even know what that song was.

I saw him play the opening 30 seconds and turned it off in a fit of jealous rage.

Based on that it certainly looks possible. Blows my mind.

I got my GH:3 battery charger thing today. It's shit. I thought it was going to be something I put in the battery case of guitar and could then put a USB cable in to, but no. I have to remove the battery every time I want to charge it. Which means I may have well just bought some rechargeable batteries. Ugh.

Well I was just about to 5 star the easy level but wait..

Fuck you Raining Blood

Hey Neversoft, there is a reason I am on easy Assholes

Seriously, what the hell is with that, the difficulty like triples.

DarkJC

jhferry said:
Well I was just about to 5 star the easy level but wait..

Fuck you Raining Blood

Hey Neversoft, there is a reason I am on easy Assholes

Seriously, what the hell is with that, the difficulty like triples.

You'll love it on Expert. It's my favourite chart.

Xevren

DarkJC said:
You'll love it on Expert. It's my favourite chart.

That song can burn in hell! Last song I need to 5 star for the achievement. I can pass TTFAF more reliably then I can Raining Blood.

DarkJC

jhferry said:
Is it me or on easy some notes look like they would be hammer on's but that doesn't work?

I only played Easy once through in GH3 (to get the achievements :lol) so I don't remember it well but you can only hammer on/pull off if there's a white light coming from the top of the note. It's fairly distinct.

Sharp

Black_Ice said:
Finally 5-Starred Raining Blood today, 250k. :D
How did it take you this long to do if you can four-star TTFaF? Admittedly I haven't worked very hard on that song but it seems a lot harder to me. Maybe I need to go back to playing, ever since I five-stared RaBl I've kind of lost the motivation to continue (at least until the next real version, which most definitely does not include Aerosmith).

I know I'll never even get ***** on QOTSA on expert, so I don't worry about trying to do all the other songs.

Hard, however, is so annoying. I have One and Raining Blood to do. One I either get a combo all through the opening riff and then fuck up the mosh section, or the other way around. And One I'm FINE with until after the solo, where I'm so tired I can't keep a combo for shit.

TaKeRx

TheGreatDave said:
I know I'll never even get ***** on QOTSA on expert, so I don't worry about trying to do all the other songs.

Hard, however, is so annoying. I have One and Raining Blood to do. One I either get a combo all through the opening riff and then fuck up the mosh section, or the other way around. And One I'm FINE with until after the solo, where I'm so tired I can't keep a combo for shit.

lol, im gonna try these songs on hard, see how different they are...

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Sharp said:
How did it take you this long to do if you can four-star TTFaF? Admittedly I haven't worked very hard on that song but it seems a lot harder to me. Maybe I need to go back to playing, ever since I five-stared RaBl I've kind of lost the motivation to continue (at least until the next real version, which most definitely does not include Aerosmith).

1) I hate Raining Blood
2) After beating it (back when I sucked I was stuck on it for like a week) I never played it again even after going back and doing a bunch of my career over for 5*'s
3) I've gotten close a bunch of times recently...225k, 226k, so I wasn't really persistent.
4) Because I can now tap the intro to TTFAF (used to use a rubberband) I can now get 95k average after the intro+insanity. So that makes it a bit better for the score, Idk, I'm good at the solos.

Speaking of TTFAF, I got 506k, but that could have easily been 520k. Still need a bit better execution if I want a 5* though.

Got 480k on DWDTG, 2.719 Multiplier, I'll be there soon. :D

Bogus

\o/ First four tiers all gold starred, with The Metal and 3's & 7's as well for good measure. Looks nice seeing all that gold as you scroll down the list!

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
TheGreatDave said:
Uh...guys, I FC'd Mr Fix It in GH:2 today.

Guys?
I'm pretty sure that was the first song I ever FC'd. That was like... a year ago though. Good times.

Coop

BobsRevenge said:
I'm pretty sure that was the first song I ever FC'd. That was like... a year ago though. Good times.

My first FC too! I think i got it after a month of playing so it was around last july.

I haven't played the song for ages, we had GH:2 set up in uni today so I played. Everybody else was on Easy. I was like a God.

Then I come in this fucking thread and see people with actual skill :mad:

Radium Eyes was the first expert song I ever FC'd, by the way.

Sharp

Bogus said:
\o/ First four tiers all gold starred, with The Metal and 3's & 7's as well for good measure. Looks nice seeing all that gold as you scroll down the list!
For a moment I thought that meant you'd FCed Holiday in Cambodia and I was going to be pretty fucking impressed. I mean, I'm still impressed, but the intro to that song kills any desire I'd ever have to try to FC it.

Top Bottom