• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

TORRES? Ewwwwww... she's much too young for him lol.

I thought he was their age?

So this is a Gundam, and I was wondering what its name was and what nation it represented in G Gundam. Also, since Fuun Saiki operates the horse, is it possible a nation has an Elephant operator? I suppose it doesn't have to represent a nation, since we've seen that at least in Neo France the colony rep is determined by preliminary bouts between Gundams from France. Still, Chibodee is explaining about this machine's opponent during the 11th Gundam Fight (This is the 13th, which Domon wins, preceded by the 12th, which Master Asia won, so the 11th would have been the third and final victory of Gentle Chapman and the Royal Gundam.) so I assume this machine was a Gundam Fighter during the 11th fight representing a nation.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin II Garma
tumblr_mp8mi2SY5x1qbxqfpo1_1280.jpg

Garma couldn't have lasted more than a volume or something, why the loss? Like CLAMP wrote in the interview segment at the end, guess we have to pin all our hopes on Char. Though the ending moments with Char all deviously happy and such and Garma all fired up and what not was memorable, peering from the side of the dome as the Trojan Horse just fired on them and then his final words to Garma, cold.

All around good volume that showed the writer can really make interesting moments even when it isn't focused on the prototype mobile suit or the simple pursuit of the Trojan Horse. Characters all feel worthwhile and necessary to the plot and able to really shine through the various scenarios. I don't think I dislike anyone in the crew. Kai is delicious, I mean, favorite character to see around, hard to read, concerned for other, and a comedia while being just laid back and chill (well after reading the CLAMP thing I dont think Ill be able to forget Igarashi saying that). Amuro feels off in his own world now which is good as it seems like he'll be one who does just wondrous actions making miracles from impossible situations.

Color arts were memorable. CLAMP illustration best, followed by this one.

The Origin actually downplays Amuro, at least so far. In the original anime he went out for every sortie at this point and pretty much single handedly saved White Base. The Origin plays up more of Ryu, Hayato, Kai and even Job John's contributions to the defense to the ship, which is awesome.

CorvoSol

The Origin actually downplays Amuro, at least so far. In the original anime he went out for every sortie at this point and pretty much single handedly saved White Base. The Origin plays up more of Ryu, Hayato, Kai and even Job John's contributions to the defense to the ship, which is awesome.

Is it wrong that I don't remember this guy at all?

Not at all. He's the White Base equivalent of a Red Shirt. He's a dude you see from time to time that they occasionally refer to by name, but he doesn't do anything important.

1421537-job_john_large.gif

CorvoSol

Not at all. He's the White Base equivalent of a Red Shirt. He's a dude you see from time to time that they occasionally refer to by name, but he doesn't do anything important.

1421537-job_john_large.gif

Hahaha, didn't even know he was on the boat. I also thought it was funny that on White Base regular male soldiers wore blue while women wore pink. But officers had to sit with tan.

Dead

well not really...yet
Why can't we have an epic OVA series chronicling the generations of that guy's family as they rise up through the ranks of the federation

He's not in the show very much either >_>

I think the most screen time he got was during the Ramba Ral stuff. He also was the Gunperry pilot.

Ezalc

Ha I remember that guy. He appeared one that time when White Base was invaded and they had to hold off the intruders with hand to hand fighting and not like turrets and shit.

Ezalc

Does this guy go on to do like, anything? Does he even see the end of the War?

Apparently he does a lot of different jobs around white base, and according to the Gundam wikia, he goes back into space with the rest of the crew during the final parts since Bright supposedly says that there was a job for him and his voice actor was credited in the third movie's credits. So I guess he does survive, there's also apparently some speculation that a that he makes an appearance as a scientist or something in the F90 manga.

frye

Does this guy go on to do like, anything? Does he even see the end of the War?

Nothing bad ever happens to him (unlike literally everyone else on the White Base) and in one of the spin-off manga series it's revealed he helped develop the F90 for SNRI.

Job John? If I'm not wrong
Ryu's
death was his fault. Must have been traumatic cause we don't see him in a mobile suit again. Probably also the only blond guy on the White Base.

CorvoSol

Job John? If I'm not wrong
Ryu's
death was his fault. Must have been traumatic cause we don't see him in a mobile suit again. Probably also the only blond guy on the White Base.

I thought that was Amuro's fault? For being a huge jerk? It's only been months and I already can't remember stuff from MSG.

Definitely not Amuro's fault. He was dealing with Hamon and was being held by a Zaku. She was coming in for the kill.

Ryu had been injured during Ramba Ral's commando attack. Job John was supposed to go out in the Guntank, but Ryu convinced him to switch with him.

CorvoSol

Definitely not Amuro's fault. He was dealing with Hamon and was being held by a Zaku. She was coming in for the kill.

Ryu had been injured during Ramba Ral's commando attack. Job John was supposed to go out in the Guntank, but Ryu convinced him to switch with him.

Still, I could've sworn that the reason Ryu went out was because someone on the White Base was being a huge bitch and the team needed some inspiration or something. And since Amuro was the resident huge bitch on the ship at that time, well I just figured.

Shouldn't have swapped places with him but then again he really shouldn't have been out of bed. Yeah, I kind of remember most of the crew blaming themselves for what happened.

Still, I could've sworn that the reason Ryu went out was because someone on the White Base was being a huge bitch and the team needed some inspiration or something. And since Amuro was the resident huge bitch on the ship at that time, well I just figured.

Nope, no bitchiness involved. Ryu just didn't want to stay in bed doing nothing while everyone was busting their asses

CorvoSol

Nope, no bitchiness involved. Ryu just didn't want to stay in bed doing nothing while everyone was busting their asses

Man, I remember it being something more than just that. I guess the emotion of that stuff just kinda left me thinking there was more to it, is all.

Wubby

http://gundam-bf.net/

ONE MORE DAY! What will it beeeeee?

Well with the 1/144 in the title and the random mix of parts from other Gundams it's definitely a new Gunpla builders related series.

But that 'bf'... what could that mean? Builders Forum? Builders Fight? Builders Freedom?

We'll know soon enough I guess.

Speaking of gunpla... or at least kinda gunpla related... though not Gundam. But hey it is made by Bandai! Saw this over the weekend, was just released. Had the Jetfire Transformer as a kid so couldn't resist picking this up. Can be transformed into all three versions of the VF-1A using some new Bandai developed model making sorcery.

Jubern

I haven't had a problem importing Macross stuff for years now...

He's talking about official endeavours to release Macross outside Japan. Supposedly, you need to go through Harmony Gold if you want to do anything related to Macross in the US.
I'm not sure of the specifics and if it affects other countries, but it always surprised me than Macross Zero or Frontier were never released in France, so I'm wondering what's up with that.

17 more hours until we learn what Gundam BF is...so... in other words

Check the website at:

PST: 8:00 AM
EST: 11:00 AM

Are you sure it's not actually in an hour and half? There's supposedly an event in Odaiba for this announcement, it wouldn't make much sense to open the site at 11.59PM?

He's talking about official endeavours to release Macross outside Japan. Supposedly, you need to go through Harmony Gold if you want to do anything related to Macross in the US.
I'm not sure of the specifics and if it affects other countries, but it always surprised me than Macross Zero or Frontier were never released in France, so I'm wondering what's up with ?

HG has worldwide rights outside Japan. That's what's up. And they're gigantic IP squatting fuckers.

And they actually used to block models and toys being brought into the US.

Ezalc

So I'm on episode 4 of Zeta. Clearly there's something wrong with Kamille. Stop and think for once, jesus christ man.

CorvoSol

So I'm on episode 4 of Zeta. Clearly there's something wrong with Kamille. Stop and think for once, jesus christ man.

NO. NO THINKING.

No one ever stops to think about ANYTHING in Zeta Gundam. Except maybe Lt. Emma. Kamille gets a lot better once a certain, horrible, shitty, worst-guy-in-UC character gets introduced.

Fuck you, Katz.

Jubern

I can see the appeal, but a Gunpla-centered series visibly aimed at kids just isn't what I wanted. I almost cried when they said "As for director Tomino's new series and the adaptation of Origin, please wait until 2014/2015" é_è

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom