• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Cyra

H-S 2.0 is so exciting. One of the kits that needed to be redone the most. Given the price, Gold Chrome seems like a sure bet. Really hope the entire kit is undergated, if so, but I trust Bandai to do that right.

Now I can stop begging for that and focus on wanting the RX-78 Origin, GunCannon Origin, Gundam Ground Type 2.0 and V2 Assault Buster.

BOoo.

Before that we need a ZZ 2.0, those can at least articulate some what and hold one weapon.....poor ZZ.

Jomjom

Banned
I need this freaking thing as a HGUC please!!!!

10855091_624855764283362_8535609562711559284_o.jpg

yami4ct

BOoo.

Before that we need a ZZ 2.0, those can at least articulate some what and hold one weapon.....poor ZZ.

ZZ is a great design saddled with a bad series. If I recall, ZZ is a show derided as much by Japanese fans as it is by Western fans. I'm not surprised it doesn't get too much attention. I'd totally buy a MG ZZ, though.

V2 is the suit that now takes Hyaku-Shiki 2.0's slot for "most needed MG" for me at this point. Hell, that thing won the big fan poll of most wanted MG a few years back. That poll was why the MG The O was brought back from design hell, yet still nothing for V2 AB. What the hell, Bandai?

I need this freaking thing as a HGUC please!!!!

That's the Penelope Gundam, is it not? The Hathaway's Flash designs are so darn cool. They feel like a great extension of the stuff from Gundam Sentinel. It's too bad the LN suits can't get more attention.

Jomjom

Banned
That's the Penelope Gundam, is it not? The Hathaway's Flash designs are so darn cool. They feel like a great extension of the stuff from Gundam Sentinel. It's too bad the LN suits can't get more attention.

Yeah it's the Penelope (or Penerope as it's printed in the light novel lol). Usually when the robot damashis release it's a good sign that eventually we'll get a model kit. However, with the new RE/100 line that has stuff like the Nightingale and the MK-III, I think we'll probably get XI and Penelope soon as a RE/100.

However, that doesn't help me any because I only build 1/144 kits!

yami4ct

That's a Hathaway's Flash suit? Animate that fucking thing Bandai!!!!

That's never going to happen for a few reasons. First, it's a completely different timeline. It takes place after the Beltochika's Children version of CCA which is significantly different than the original, so it doesn't fit with Unicorn and the rest of the animated UC timeline. Second, everyone hates Hathaway. Do you really want an OVA starring Hathaway?

I don't disagree I want that shit animated, though. The designs are so good. Also would kill for some animated Sentinel. I have no clue what that LN is actually about, but S-Gundam, EX-S and the Deep Striker unit are so damn cool.

Yeah it's the Penelope (or Penerope as it's printed in the light novel lol). Usually when the robot damashis release it's a good sign that eventually we'll get a model kit. However, with the new RE/100 line that has stuff like the Nightingale and the MK-III, I think we'll probably get XI and Penelope soon as a RE/100.

I never thought of a RE/100 Xi and Penelope. Oh man, I do really want that.

That's never going to happen for a few reasons. First, it's a completely different timeline. It takes place after the Beltochika's Children version of CCA which is significantly different than the original, so it doesn't fit with Unicorn and the rest of the animated UC timeline. Second, everyone hates Hathaway. Do you really want an OVA starring Hathaway?

I don't disagree I want that shit animated, though. The designs are so good. Also would kill for some animated Sentinel. I have no clue what that LN is actually about, but S-Gundam, EX-S and the Deep Striker unit are so damn cool.

We know how Hathaway's Flash ends I'm sure it'll be worth it in the End. CCA isn't exactly Shakespeare to be honest either so I wouldn't mind a shake up. They gave us that sappy ass new Zeta ending so why not give us HF? Wouldn't mind Beltorchikas Children either. Is the fan base really that attached to Chan?

yami4ct

We know how Hathaway's Flash ends I'm sure it'll be worth it in the End. CCA isn't exactly Shakespeare to be honest either so I wouldn't mind a shake up. They gave us that sappy ass new Zeta ending so why not give us HF? Wouldn't mind Beltorchikas Children either. Is the fan base really that attached to Chan?

Oh, I don't disagree with any of this. I despise CCA and think that the small changes Beltorchika's makes actually almost fixes that thing. It's certainly become my personal canon version of the Second Neo Zeon conflict. I just don't think Sunrise is willing to mess with the UC timeline at this point, especially after the success of Unicorn. I'd love to be wrong.

Jomjom

Banned

There is a full translation of the entire thing online and the story is pretty cool in my opinion. So if you are interested you should give it a read, it's a huge PDF file.

I think the general consensus is most people hate Chan. I think we are one step closer to the possibility of BC being animated one day since they are doing the manga now. Bandai/Sunrise hasn't been shy in releasing animation that is either not exactly canon or retcons something, so I don't think BC is out of the question. Same goes for HF.

Oh, I don't disagree with any of this. I despise CCA and think that the small changes Beltorchika's makes actually almost fixes that thing. It's certainly become my personal canon version of the Second Neo Zeon conflict. I just don't think Sunrise is willing to mess with the UC timeline at this point, especially after the success of Unicorn. I'd love to be wrong.

Well there is that little tease of the Gustav Karl in Unicorn and the little teaser tweet before episode 7 that HF occurs 9 years after. So there's hope!

But they made changes to Unicorn based on my understanding of it. I loved Unicorn don't get me wrong though.

yami4ct

There is a full translation of the entire thing online and the story is pretty cool in my opinion. So if you are interested you should give it a read, it's a huge PDF file.

Sentinel got a translation? Cool. LNs rarely get translated. Will definitely have to hunt that down.

I think the general consensus is most people hate Chan. I think we are one step closer to the possibility of BC being animated one day since they are doing the manga now. Bandai/Sunrise hasn't been shy in releasing animation that is either not exactly canon or retcons something, so I don't think BC is out of the question. Same goes for HF.

Well there is that little tease of the Gustav Karl in Unicorn and the little teaser tweet before episode 7 that HF occurs 9 years after. So there's hope!
Why do they act like Beltorchika's Children won't make money? It has Amuro and Char in it and they use Char to sell Yaris' of all things. So if they make it I'll definitely watch it.

yami4ct

Should I watch this or G Reco after I'm done with Turn A?

G-Reco is really weird, but certainly works better as a binge watch (at least for me). I'd say give GBFT a go first as it's way more fun, and by that time you can check out G-Reco. Reco is worth it at the very least for the animation.

G-Reco is really weird, but certainly works better as a binge watch (at least for me). I'd say give GBFT a go first as it's way more fun, and by that time you can check out G-Reco. Reno is worth it at the very least for the animation.
G Reco must really be fucking weird if it's weirder than Turn A because that one takes a bit of an adjustment period. I wouldn't recommend it as a first Gundam show, but it's damn good.

Wubby

I'm right there with you. I much prefer 144 so I'm not so happy with these RE kits if they are stealing kits that should be in 144. I'm still hopeful we will see a HG Nightingale at some point.

If you don't mind Chinese kits so much a 1/144 Penelope is coming out this year. MC models also did the Xi last year.

http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2014/09/1144-rx-104ff-penelope-release-info.html

Jomjom

Banned
I'm right there with you. I much prefer 144 so I'm not so happy with these RE kits if they are stealing kits that should be in 144. I'm still hopeful we will see a HG Nightingale at some point.

If you don't mind Chinese kits so much a 1/144 Penelope is coming out this year. MC models also did the Xi last year.

http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2014/09/1144-rx-104ff-penelope-release-info.html

Yeah I've seen those but I'm not a big fan of the Chinese knockoffs as the joints and whatnot don't really hold for long. If i need to put in my own joints and do a lot of patch work i prefer to get resin garage kits. I think they'll eventually scale down all of the RE/100 kits though so i can wait.

yami4ct

G Reco must really be fucking weird if it's weirder than Turn A because that one takes a bit of an adjustment period. I wouldn't recommend it as a first Gundam show, but it's damn good.

G-Reco is weird in a completely different way. Turn A was just a weird story. Reco is a fascinating world with a very odd, meandering story and characters that are frequently pretty nonsensical in their actions. I think the world is cool enough to cary it, especially with its gorgeous animation, but YMMV.

yami4ct

Turn A is KING of nonsensical character reactions.

Turn A was actually pretty decent in terms of character motivation. You could pretty much understand why people are doing what they're doing. G-Reco frequently makes no freaking sense in that aspect.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think what it is in Turn A is that the characters have the right motivations for what they do but with absolutely zero reasoning capability, if that makes sense. Also zero sense of self preservation.

Which is crazy considering who is writing this and how few of them actually die.

yami4ct

I think what it is in Turn A is that the characters have the right motivations for what they do but with absolutely zero reasoning capability, if that makes sense. Also zero sense of self preservation.

Which is crazy considering who is writing this and how few of them actually die.

I would say Reco has all the weird reasoning/self preservation issues, but with cloudier motivations. It's like Tomino changes what they characters are trying to achieve every other episode, but feels no need to even give the audience a hint that that's taken place.

Turn A was actually pretty decent in terms of character motivation. You could pretty much understand why people are doing what they're doing. G-Reco frequently makes no freaking sense in that aspect.
Well I'm on ep 27 or Turn A...I "watched" 28, but I was so tired that I kept falling asleep on it. So far it seems like the first half of the show was about the escalation of the war and them trying to find some sort of niche in the whole thing that'll allow them to find some sort of reason to exist within the whole thing. Now...well it's fucking war and I'm trying to figure everybody's motivation for it. Dianna and Kihel want to stop the whole thing and Guin well he's being Guin and he seems pretty vague with what he actually wants. Sochie seems to be using the war to vent her frustrations as well. It's an interesting story revolving around pretty good characters. I'll have to see Reco later though. Probably after Turn A I'll probably start up Build Fighters Try just so I can watch something for the sake of fun. I'm going to assume several G Reco arguments get solved by smacking someone in the face?

I watched ep 28 last night. Nothing stirs up a bunch of people like discovering nuclear weapons. Dianna Counter seems to have another faction in there that wants them. Harry Ord can tell the difference between Kihel and Dianna by scent? Damn dude, sounds like he's thirsty for Kihel.

A psychological journey is far more tame than stopping a giant rock, from wiping humanity of the face of the earth, with the power of positive thinking.

Lalah, Char and Amuro had to rescue them before they destroy the time and space continuum. A breach in Federation protocols.
VPHPu.gif

A psychological journey is far more tame than stopping a giant rock, from wiping humanity of the face of the earth, with the power of positive thinking.
While bitching about the same dead girl you've been whining about for over 10 years.
They were so tame in the past. I thought I was watching A Space Odyssey.

Still the OVA had its moments. Zinnerman being one of them.
Don't forget about dat Merida Cruz.

I'm now contemplating who is worse, Hathaway, Katz or Riddhe.
At least Katz had the good common sense to die on screen. Bright slapped so many boys when they stepped out of line, but he couldn't get to Hathaway fast enough.
WHbTCZj.gif

Don't catch him Chan, just let him hit the wall...Nobody caught Usso.
Riddhe...just damn. I still think Zinnerman should've shot Riddhe as the true ending to Unicorn.
#FuckRiddhe
#EatADickRiddhe

I just made that comparison because there was bright light show.

At least Katz had the good common sense to die on screen. Bright slapped so many boys when they stepped out of line, but he couldn't get to Hathaway fast enough.
WHbTCZj.gif

Don't catch him Chan, just let him hit the wall...Nobody caught Usso.
Riddhe...just damn. I still think Zinnerman should've shot Riddhe as the true ending to Unicorn.
#FuckRiddhe
#EatADickRiddhe

I suppose the other two had the sense to eventually die horribly. Riddhe on the other hand took Merida.

Zinnerman and Merida was so good. I cried in episode 6.

I just made that comparison because there was bright light show.

I suppose the other two had the sense to eventually die horribly. Riddhe on the other hand took Merida.

Zinnerman and Merida was so good. I cried in episode 6.
Merida was just getting her life in order and Zinnerman realized that she was like a daughter to him. Before they can actually be happy Riddhe happens...Merida and Zinnerman suffered enough, but nope Zabi family thirst boy had to get angsty, then he's in Banshee Norn crying for forgiveness, no Riddhe you're in Katz or Quess territory, you don't just recover from that.

Merida was just getting her life in order and Zinnerman realized that she was like a daughter to him. Before they can actually be happy Riddhe happens...Merida and Zinnerman suffered enough, but nope Zabi family thirst boy had to get angsty, then he's in Banshee Norn crying for forgiveness, no Riddhe you're in Katz or Quess territory, you don't just recover from that.

I think the best thing about that gif is Amuro's face.

"yea it sucks but it will straighten you out Hathaway"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom