• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Banned
This is the map Luke drew, I just know it. If the camera were to back up, you'd probably see the map drop off into an abyss or something.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Just saw the video. Awesomeness.
gnarkill bill said:
That Wall got me all excited.
You are being sarcastic, but I've been staring at it for a while now, and already wondering of the awesomeness of an indoor map with such open areas.

Hell yeah, 41 votes.

H3 is at the top, baby.

godhandiscen said:
You are being sarcastic, but I've been staring at it for a while now, and already wondering of the awesomeness of an indoor map with such open areas.

Foundry 2 confirmed?

fin

Just got back from the competition...

Got 5th in the 1st round

3rd in the second

7th in the last.

So I'm out.

8 player ffa is pretty crazy on Guardian. At the start it spawns two groups of three in the exact same spot. The spawns are just insane when playing with 8 players. People are crazy good...

Looks like I can't quit my day-job yet...

godhandiscen

backflip10019 said:
Hell yeah, 41 votes.

H3 is at the top, baby.

Foundry 2 confirmed?
Thats the marging by which Halo 3 won. I am so stoked that people still voted for Halo 3 even if it was a last year game. Our numbers are strong.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
What's up with AJ? They haven't updated in a while.

godhandiscen said:
Thats the marging by which Halo 3 won. I am so stoked that people still voted for Halo 3 even if it was a last year game. Our numbers are strong.

Game of the year. The year being the time between this and the last Gphoria. So technically MGS4 and H3 were in the same year.

I thought they fixed 1v1 so nobody can see either player until 30 seconds goes by? My opponent could see me the whole time.

Dude was terrible though he managed to get 1 kill on me and it was sortof BS. Ranking system gave him a 40 too...just awful.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
omg I just watched the video and saw
the Wall.

vhfive

backflip10019 said:
Hell yeah, 41 votes.

H3 is at the top, baby.

Foundry 2 confirmed?
i hope so
foundry is good but it doesn't have much variety

i would love to see what the community can build if they expanded on the forge pallet and gave a bigger area

godhandiscen

LAUGHTREY said:
What's up with AJ? They haven't updated in a while.

Game of the year. The year being the time between this and the last Gphoria. So technically MGS4 and H3 were in the same year.
I see. Still, I bet Halo 3 was at a disadvantage since many people couldn't have imagined that it still qualified for the competition (including me).

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
vhfive said:
i would love to see what the community can build if they expanded on the forge pallet and gave a bigger area
18256196-Full.jpg

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It's not gonna be a big surprise really. People will ooh and awe but we all see it coming. Especially the MS VIPs saying what it is.

Blueblur1

Ramirez said:
I'm hoping that all remaining map packs use Forerunner/Covenant settings, I think we're good on human locales.
I agree. While the last 2 games had barely any Halo 3 already has 8 human maps.

t4ng0

Blueblur1 said:
I agree. While the last 2 games had barely any Halo 3 already has 8 human maps.
Well, no part of Halo 1 took part on Earth so take that into account - but I agree, enough human stuff.

Edit: Forgot about the human ship parts...

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Domino Theory said:
Ladies and gentleflights, NeoGAF is officially going to be on Favorites. Email has been sent, content for week 1 is complete. :D

"and here .. we.. go."
Sorry you probably have already answered this a ton of times in this thread, but did I miss the boat on future weeks? (or do we even know how many weeks?)

its the noegaf halo gt we are supposed to send this stuff to right?

Thanks, and again sorry if you already got bombarded with these questions.

TDG

Banned
That Wall has me very excited. I think we need to whip up a thread devoted to the wall. I need suggestions for info for the OP, and we need a thread banner that will put the thread banners of all the Sony viral marketers on this board to shame. Go go go!

Also, my favorite part of that video was the part where Marty talked. Marty <3

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Ramirez said:

Would you really be surprised with a Halo 4 reveal? I honestly wouldn't. Why would they kill a huge cash cow gaming franchise like that? The name alone will sell copies, it doesn't matter what kind of game it is.

We got a bunch of people getting hyped for Halo Wars, and granted I haven't played it but a lot of people are already saying it will be great, and it's almost a sure thing that its because it has the halo IP attached to it.

I for one am going to approach that game carefully, Civ Rev didn't play too well for me for many reasons. It's good as far as a console RTS goes, but thats not saying anything compared to an RTS PC game.

As for whatever mystery game they're working on alongside of Halo 4, as long as it isn't an XBLA game I'm sure it will take me by surprise.

LAUGHTREY said:
I for one am going to approach that game carefully, Civ Rev didn't play too well for me for many reasons. It's good as far as a console RTS goes, but thats not saying anything compared to an RTS PC game.

Civ Rev is a Turn based strategy game...not an RTS. RTS was the evolved cousin of the TBS games like Masters of Magic, and Civ's. People were tired of using Hotseat style gameplay so they developed a game where both players take their turns at the same time hence RTS. But console RTS's have always suffered because of the limited button useage. No ability to make micro squads and hotspots on maps for micromanagement almost turns any console into a macro RTS game. Thats the main reason for the suffering.

I for one do welcome a Halo 4 though. Especially after the garbage that is H3. I expect them to redeem themselves.

-A full forge mode, a better fleshed out tool with more options
-Theater bugs fixed
-Weapon Editor for game types
-A real ranking system that works
-Downloadable and expandable armor, icons, emblems, colors, skins.
-AI Bots
-More campaign

I see Halo 3 as starting so many new options and tools with so much potential but none of them were really fleshed out so the dreams just die before they ever started. You know what they say

One who practices everything masters nothing.

Striker

t4ng0 said:
Well, no part of Halo 1 took part on Earth so take that into account - but I agree, enough human stuff.

Edit: Forgot about the human ship parts...
From what I've read through the older Updates, it sounds like the other map, not Purple Reign, is going to be in a space ship. So, check that under human stuff.

;)

I would like more open, outdoor areas: see Terminal, Relic, etc.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
xxjuicesxx said:
I for one do welcome a Halo 4 though. Especially after the garbage that is H3. I expect them to redeem themselves.

-A full forge mode, a better fleshed out tool with more options
-Theater bugs fixed
-Weapon Editor for game types
-A real ranking system that works
-Downloadable and expandable armor, icons, emblems, colors, skins.
-AI Bots
-More campaign

I see Halo 3 as starting so many new options and tools but none of them were really fleshed out. You know what they say

One who practices everything masters nothing.

After it just won a viewer voted GOTY and having beaten CoD4 to be back on XBLs most played? You are, not surprisingly, in the minority.

Forge could be improved upon. A snap-to and designed less for gameplay-while-editing to straight editor would make a difference.

Theater bugs is so menial I won't even address it.

Weapon editor? You mean...being able to change around the sandbox ergo the entire game? Be realistic.

The rank system is based on the universal XBL model. Every single Xbox live game uses the same formula. Player performance affecting levels is a myth. It's simply win/lose and what level both teams were.

Bots will never work for a halo game.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
LukeSmith said:
Once it's your turn in the line. Patience.

Oh I know that. I was just excited to have gotten everything finished and sent along to you. :p Bout time, I say.

scola said:
Sorry you probably have already answered this a ton of times in this thread, but did I miss the boat on future weeks? (or do we even know how many weeks?)

its the noegaf halo gt we are supposed to send this stuff to right?

Thanks, and again sorry if you already got bombarded with these questions.

We get two weeks on Favorites. I've already sent out Week 1, which will be up whenever it's GAF's turn on Favorites. I haven't done anything with Week 2 yet, so you can still send your stuff to NGHC.

the disgruntled gamer said:
Yeah, there was thread about it. I thought that was hilarious. MS should definitely use that for online ads ('cuz those of us on the webs will get it.)

This is why I need to quit going outside, I keep coming up a few days late to the awesome stuff. Luckily, Braid kept me in a chair and in front of a glowing screen for a few days, so I'm almost back to the internet's present.

GunFingers said:
This is why I need to quit going outside, I keep coming up a few days late to the awesome stuff. Luckily, Braid kept me in a chair and in front of a glowing screen for a few days, so I'm almost back to the internet's present.
Correct answer.:D

I wanna ramp up the pistol damage a bit. But I don't want to change armor because I want the BR where it is...

Is it that difficult to ask for?

Have the option to add/subtract ammo to the clip of a gun, change damage, change splash damage, change reload time?

Its not unheard of, hell in UT99 people mod the guns to their liking for their custom games, that's pretty much what I want.

Sibylus

Banned
LukeSmith said:
He's Dopeyfish v2 in the immediate wake of Halo 3's release.
Been here before, will be here again.
If juice is a masochist, that can only mean Bungie is filled with enablers!

OMFG ENABLER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom