• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, if any of you happen to be wondering, I started trying to switch to Bumper Jumper last night. Yeah, I made quite a few mistakes when it came to meleeing for a kill (I found myself just jamming like every shoulder button looking for melee a couple of times), but I think it'll be worth it. I was trying it out in Rumble Pit last night and got stuck with a game of swords. BJ (heh..) makes it really easy to win sword fights.

urk said:
The Brutzone.
The Brutezone Chronicles: Dark Appendage Rising confirmed. Glad to finally see some traction on this title. urk, did they tap you as lead writer for this project?

As far as the Gravemind boss battle, it's tough to say if it would have been a good thing or not, but I would have definitely liked to see a few more things on that level:

1) More room to move around...
2) ...and vehicles to move around it with.
3) Lots of Flood to mow down (the way the gods intended).
4) And a frantic escape from the self-destructing High Charity, maybe with the use of a Banshee since it didn't get that much love from the rest of the campaign.

Everything considered, I actually like Cortana. If you play through it methodically and manage your weapons properly, it's not that bad of an experience at all. It's pretty decent on coop, but playing alone you get a chance to see what is easily one of the most bad ass moments in the game regarding the Arbiter - when (and how) he comes back to help you finish the fight. So, sure, it's not in my top ten favorite missions in the trilogy, but it works if you pace yourself.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Mr Vociferous said:
The Brutezone Chronicles: Dark Appendage Rising confirmed. Glad to finally see some traction on this title. urk, did they tap you as lead writer for this project?

Well I've been really busy pumping out as much of the treatment as possible, desperately trying to wrap my hands around the narrative before firing it off to Bungie Studios. Thus far my work appears to have been rendered somewhat impotent as I've yet to receive official word on the status of my emissions.

TDG

Banned
urk said:
Well I've been really busy pumping out as much of the treatment as possible, desperately trying to wrap my hands around the narrative before firing it off to Bungie Studios. Thus far my work appears to have been rendered somewhat impotent as I've yet to receive official word on the status of my emissions.
I want a special edition of The Brutezone Chronicles: Dark Appendage Rising that comes with a statue. I also want a book and a comic book that are canon and thrust us deeper into the juicy world of Brutezone lore.

fin

MIMIC said:
I'm just glad Bungie fixed (for the most part) the FFA bug where you begin the match RIGHT IN FRONT of an opponent; 2 seconds into the game and I've already been assassinated.

At the competition last night, MLG FFA on Guardian. The round starts with 2 groups of 3 at the elbow and the Blue Room ramp. I'm not sure where the other 2 spawn, great stuff though.

The hate...

Halo 2 had some pretty big issues that never got sorted out. The biggest IMO are the button glitches and that fucking noob combo. Remember how bad that plasma pistol was?! Bunige seemed to have addressed ALL the problems with Halo 2 online in Halo 3. Moving from Xbox (which was made from off-the-shelf PC parts.) the Xbox 360 (a more propritary format) must have helped a lot with the modding situation.

Halo 3 has invented some new annoyances: Shitty Spawns, random edges fucking up grenade trajectory, edges in walls that stop your movement, shield door malfunctions etc.

I think the biggest problem with Halo 3 online gameplay is left over from Halo 2, P2P networking. Honestly, I thought Bungie and MS could've provided a dedicated server solution. Personally, I would've bought extra 360s just for hosting. It could've been really cool. I was also dissapointed by the lack more in-depth level editor and keeping the player cap at 16. I would've liked to try Sandtrap, Avalanche, and Valhalla with 32 or 24 players.

TDG

Banned
fin said:
The biggest IMO are the button glitches and that fucking noob combo. Remember how bad that plasma pistol was?!
I've ran into a lot of people online recently who've been using the noob combo (in doubles), btw. Very strange. On Foundry, it seems to be fairly useful if you catch your opponent off-guard.

fin said:
I would've liked to try Sandtrap, Avalanche, and Valhalla with 32 or 24 players.
I want to say that it was Luke Timmons who once said during a podcast (when discussing Resistance's high volume of players) that one of the reasons Halo 3's combat is restricted to 16 players was due to the moveable extraneous geometry like crates, fusion cores and items of that nature. I suppose that without those items, a higher volume of networking might be achieved. As much as people enjoy feeding hope into the idea, I don't know that we'll ever have dedicated servers with regard to these games.

And I'm actually in the camp that 16 players works well for the map size and combat flow we currently have in Halo 3. If they pushed to a higher player count, they would need maps on a larger scale in my opinion and an even larger focus on vehicles.

hey did anybody ever play the halo 2 mod on terminal where you could spawn trains by shooting the rocket launcher? you could like make trains floating everywhere, i played it in a custom. pure awesome

Blueblur1 said:
*Sees Juices hate... Backs out of thread*
2sajhbq.jpg

urk said:
I thought this sort of thing wasn't allowed in the modern day Official Halo 3 Thread of No Fun.

GhaleonEB

sixthsubset said:
hey did anybody ever play the halo 2 mod on terminal where you could spawn trains by shooting the rocket launcher? you could like make trains floating everywhere, i played it in a custom. pure awesome
Yeah, I played something similar.

In matchmaking.

TDG

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
I thought this sort of thing wasn't allowed in the modern day Official Halo 3 Thread of No Fun.
FUCK don't talk about what's allowed in the thread that's going off-topic why are you ruining the thread this is why I don't read anymore/Bungie employees don't come in here anymore. I'm so ANGRY.

the disgruntled gamer said:
FUCK don't talk about what's allowed in the thread that's going off-topic why are you ruining the thread this is why I don't read anymore/Bungie employees don't come in here anymore. I'm so ANGRY.
I know he isn't a Bungie employee anymore, but I miss Stinkles :(

fin

Just seen this...
Xbox360fanboy.com said:
Keen sighted fanboy Skandil just informed us that Bungie's plumber friend, the Superintendent, has not totally disappeared from Bungie.net following the big E3 let down. He's actually still chilling on the homepage. Per the screenshot above (which we needed ninja-like reflexes to capture) you can see that the Superintendent appears on the top left hand corner of Bungie.net where Bungie's logo sits. Though, he only appears randomly and when he wants to. So, does this Superintendent appearance mean anything to us, Halo, Bungie or the secret announcement? Maybe, but probably not. Our Superintendent friend is just chilling ... chilling on the Bungie.net homepage.

TDG

Banned
Dax01 said:
I know he isn't a Bungie employee anymore, but I miss Stinkles :(
I do to. I miss hearing him one the podcasts especially. His voice was out of this world.

fin said:
Just seen this...
Yeah, we've known this for awhile. SI's still hanging around.

Dude you really need to...

And quick question: Why isn't Cold Storage in Legendary Brawl? I think that this type of playlist would be pretty fun (read: hectic) in CS.

Shishka

Works for Bungie
backflip10019 said:
Dude you really need to...

And quick question: Why isn't Cold Storage in Legendary Brawl? I think that this type of playlist would be pretty fun (read: hectic) in CS.

12 player FFA in Cold Storage? You be crazy.

EazyB

Banned
mood said:
It's probably for the best to stay away from remakes from now on.
I said it before Blackout was revealed and I'll say it again, no remakes plz!
I wouldn't mind a Valhalla remake, you don't even have to change anything besides a chopper or two, I just want to see it pop up more in MM.

Chinner said:
Don't get your hopes up. At all. There are lots of 'classified' kills bungie.net that are just unsual ways to die in H3.
I think Halo 3 randomly gives players kills in order to add more "Halo 3 randomness" to Juices list.

Speaking of Juices, I've never really like the guy so I'm glad to see he's finally let his true colors shine and revealed himself for the MLG tool that he is. I hope people will continue to see him for an irrational mess for the rest of his days.
The idea of a weapon editor in either forge or when making a gametype is good though. It doesn't have to be infinitely deep, even a simple damage modifier would be appreciated in Bungie's future projects.

Mr. Egghead L, nice job getting the Bungie Favorites sent off. Without you it probably would've never happened. And a big LOL at everyone saying they didn't see his many posts about how he was trying to get things together. I'd like to that you as well though, because of you I was able to get my content included.

LOL at Urk's Brutezone

And I'm all caught up on da Halo Thread

kylej

Banned
EazyB said:
Speaking of Juices, I've never really like the guy so I'm glad to see he's finally let his true colors shine and revealed himself for the MLG tool that he is. I hope people will continue to see him for an irrational mess for the rest of his days.

Wow.

EazyB said:

That's pretty harsh.

GhaleonEB said:
Rockets make everything better.

Everything.

Pancreatic cancer? Yep, rockets. :D

Dirtbag

I think we need ranked playlists of different numbers giving different sized groups more options to play competitive matches. It sucks to play in social all the time just to have a chance to find a match with a group bigger than 4. Its a major drag to have most teams quit before the game ends constantly.
I want to see something like this:

Ranked:
Team Slayer 4v4
Team Objective 5v5 (4 players killing, 1 player with the objective)
Big Team Battle 6v6
MLG - 4v4

Social
Social big team 8v8 (the only 8v8 playlist, too much lag for ranked IMO)
Team Objective 4v4 ( you want 5v5, play ranked )
Social Slayer 5v5 ( you want 4v4, play ranked )
Dlc Slayer 4v4

TDG

Banned
Just so everybody has some idea of what the boats are, I made a nice map of the HaloGAF community (Ghaleon, plz add to OP so new users may jump into this thread and not be lost):
HaloGAFmap.jpg

kylej said:
You mean I'm not part of a boring circlejerk or a Bungie apologist? I like my boat.
Oh, go make your next video about how easy it would be for Bungie change everything that you MLG wannabes want to be changed, and how the BR spread is hurting every fiber of your being.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Just so everybody has some idea of what the boats are, I made a nice map of the HaloGAF community (Ghaleon, plz add to OP so new users may jump into this thread and not be lost):
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb29/The_Happy_Gamer/HaloGAFmap.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Marry me.

I'm definitely in the bottom right of that corner, but stretch out the angry a little more and thats me.

MrDaravon

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb29/The_Happy_Gamer/HaloGAFmap.jpg[IMG]

Oh, go make your next video about how easy it would be for Bungie change everything that you MLG wannabes want to be changed, and how the BR spread is hurting every fiber of your being.[/QUOTE]

:lol :lol :lol

TDG

Banned
LAUGHTREY said:
Marry me.

I'm definitely in the bottom right of that corner, but stretch out the angry a little more and thats me.
Well, realistically, the angry should be much larger, and the "disliked people" should cover everybody, because this thread is always on the verge of becoming Lord of the Flies. It's not as accurate as I'd hoped for, but still.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I am in nice people who barely ever post. However, I got sum skill.

lawl disliked people.

EazyB said:
The idea of a weapon editor in either forge or when making a gametype is good though. It doesn't have to be infinitely deep, even a simple damage modifier would be appreciated in Bungie's future projects.

Haha so yes I am an irrational mess who consistently comes up with ideas that people like?

Furthermore what is with the MLG hate...I'm an MLG tool? I've never even been to an MLG event, I might go to Toronto to watch though.

Because I want randomness taken out of my Halo I'm all of a sudden a black sheep of this forum? I don't want to be hit by a snipe ricochet off the ground because the opponent CLEARLY missed by so much that he shot the ground. If you don't hit the player you don't deserve the kill. Bottom line. Stop giving freebies to bad kids.

And you've never liked me? wow, to carry internet forum hate over time. You must be one sad little man.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
xxjuicesxx said:
Haha so yes I am an irrational mess who consistently comes up with ideas that people like?

Furthermore what is with the MLG hate...I'm an MLG tool? I've never even been to an MLG event, I might go to Toronto to watch though.

Because I want randomness taken out of my Halo I'm all of a sudden a black sheep of this forum? I don't want to be hit by a snipe ricochet off the ground because the opponent CLEARLY missed by so much that he shot the ground. If you don't hit the player you don't deserve the kill. Bottom line. Stop giving freebies to bad kids.

And you've never liked me? wow, to carry internet forum hate over time. You must be one sad little man.

Most MLG tools haven't, but going to one makes you like...the MLG toolbox.

TDG

Banned
armubaba said:
TGS's absence on this map has not gone unnoticed. It has not.

But seriously- :bow. That is amazingly accurate. :lol
Isn't TGS you, Buttonbasher, and Thermite? Because if so, you're all nice people who barely post.

TDG

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Old people is all I overlap with?

Also, in the OP it goes.
You're a unique fellow. Plus, you should be happy, I was considering putting you in the lower left corner for laffs, but I believe I placed you correctly. Happy, old, noob. I was considering making another clique of "nice people who act professional on the internet (huh?)," but you would be the only one there, and a clique of one is hardly a clique.

Thank you for the addition, good sir.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
EazyB said:
Mr. Egghead L, nice job getting the Bungie Favorites sent off. Without you it probably would've never happened. And a big LOL at everyone saying they didn't see his many posts about how he was trying to get things together. I'd like to that you as well though, because of you I was able to get my content included.

Thank you, sir. Now I'm getting all these FRs and PMs from people. :lol

Shouldn't have ignored me. >:]

Ramirez at the end of my penny. :lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom