• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtbag

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah, I assumed there's a lot of stuff going on under the hood; IIRC that was the case in the first update as well. I was more wondering if there were more top-line tweaks that will be more visible to players, such as the items disclosed so far.

I still can't believe I'm going to be in Seattle the day after tomorrow for PAX. My mental image of cocop is about to be destroyed; for a year he's been that dude in his avatar.

HA!

The funnier ones are the guys who used 'young marty and the wondermullet' as their avatars.

EDIT:Good news luke!

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
GhaleonEB said:
Yeah, I assumed there's a lot of stuff going on under the hood; IIRC that was the case in the first update as well. I was more wondering if there were more top-line tweaks that will be more visible to players, such as the items disclosed so far.

I still can't believe I'm going to be in Seattle the day after tomorrow for PAX. My mental image of cocop is about to be destroyed; for a year he's been that dude in his avatar.
Ironically, I'm actually missing out on meeting the dude in my avatar, in order to go to PAX. He (Joel) will be in Atlanta this weekend for Dragon-Con.

Yeah, it wil be crazy this weekend to finally put human faces to the Spartans and Elites that we've been interacting with for so long.

Cocopjojo said:
Ironically, I'm actually missing out on meeting the dude in my avatar, in order to go to PAX. He (Joel) will be in Atlanta this weekend for Dragon-Con.

Yeah, it wil be crazy this weekend to finally put human faces to the Spartans and Elites that we've been interacting with for so long.
... :(

Blueblur1

GhaleonEB said:

We'll also be using odd words like Ben and Jacob.

Ok, time for a Ghaleon-type story.

So, I was messing around in Blackout with a couple of friends in a custom game playing "King of the Hoop" when, somehow, someone's dead body got stuck in the basketball hoop.

2nk6oed.jpg

Of course, my friends and I figure that any self-respecting dead body can't just be left there ... it has to be shot!

2dw68zl.jpg

303h4is.jpg

Check out a
mildly funny
video here: http://www.gamevee.com/viewVideo/Halo_3/GeeVee/Its_my_basketball_hoop/707856

Man, some of my friends are a-holes.

Azar

Cocopjojo said:

Holy shit, Joel's going to be at Dragon-Con? I'm going to be at Dragon-Con this weekend. I can try to get you his autograph, if you want.

MIMIC

Banned
One of my teammates is drivng the warthog with the enemy at the turret :lol I have the laser and they're headed right for me. What do I do?

*bam*

Enemy killed, suicide, betrayal (24 sec penalty, IIRC) :lol I think this was one of those games where the party got split up

alisdair

I think I might have asked this before, sorry: what are the rules for 2 Flag in Doubles? Can someone maybe save and share the gametype/map?

GhaleonEB

Per the Podcast: Team Action Sack-style playlist in the works using fan-made Forge variations. Will be some kind of peer review system to make sure they are up to standards, etc.

fin

GhaleonEB said:
Per the Podcast: Team Action Sack-style playlist in the works using fan-made Forge variations. Will be some kind of peer review system to make sure they are up to standards, etc.

Wonder if they'll let maps with the infinite money glitch in match-making.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
GhaleonEB said:

And then Shishka said to Abraham: "You can has."

So stoked for that playlist. :D

LukeSmith

Buttonbasher said:
Fix your dang podcast feed for Zune Subscribers Bungle.

Niche product.
Won't fix.
PM me your issuez

Domino Theory said:
Holy shit I just lost it when Ske7ch said "MINIMIZING WORK" and after a couple seconds noticed that Luke did as well. :lol

I fucking lost it during this show. Ske7ch had me in tears.

Kibbles

So are we going to get screenshots of Purple Reign in this weeks Bungie Weekly Update since it will be at PAX at that time, or will we get the stuff a week after like Cold Storage?

LukeSmith said:
Niche product.
Won't fix.
PM me your issuez
The issue is that it hasn't updated. Not huge, but being the elitist/niche-ist that I am, I don't want to download the Mp3. I want everything to be organized the same way. If I add the Mp3 to Zune things get all out of wack. It's a feature.

Sir Fragula said:
It works for me. Downloading now.
So it is just me. Fantastic.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Team Objective into Team Flag only? Holy shit. Please do this.

4th of July could live.

EDIT: But I can see what Luke is talking about trying to balance it out and not always get like Multi-Flag on The Pit all the time, for example.

Hmm maybe add some more maps? One Flag on Guardian and Construct could be cool.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Buttonbasher said:
Unsubscribed and Re-Subscribed and it works now.

which zune do you own?...I had a 30gb that broke on me, then I bought an 80gb and then fixed my 30. Oh and the Zune software shits on iTunes, so much easier to use.

TDG

Banned
Dirtbag 504 said:
HA!

The funnier ones are the guys who used 'young marty and the wondermullet' as their avatars.
You guys need to take pics so we can match up faces with the posts.

a.k.a. So we can photoshop people's faces into unfortunate situations whenever they make dumb posts.

JdFoX187

Banned
Dirtbag 504 said:
I dont mean to single you out, and I'm not trying to pick a fight here, I know you play the game often.

But is there anything about halo 3 you like?
It's not so much that I don't like it, I'm just disappointed with a lot of the decisions. And it's everything that's already been gone over plenty of times here: bad playlist decisions, restricted gametypes, lack of variety, bad spawns, bad hit detection, weak net code, horrible lag in games that should run as smooth as butter, etc.

It seems as if more emphasis was put on bullet point features like saved films and forge than anything else. And while saved films and replay features are useful, they should be an afterthought to the gameplay. Forge has been almost completely ignored asside from a few weekend playlists and minor changes to the existing maps.

The underlying product is great, but is almost stagnant compared to Halo 2. The gameplay evolved through equipment, but that's gone unused asside from power drainers, bubble shields and regens. The trip mine is on a whole two maps and is almost useless because it was toned down. And the maps just aren't as good as H2.

So yeah, I have a lot of problems with the game. And what irritates me is how they could be remedied so easily. But they're not. Sure, the net code, hit detection and lag are out of everyone's hands, but the lack of variety in the playlists and gametypes could be remedied. But it's not. It's just my $.02 as a Halo fan.

alisdair said:
RBTB is currently 40% Slayer, although it seems like a lot more. I think it should be more like 20% slayer and 80% objective, really.
It seems as if it's a lot higher. I guess because everyone loves to veto the objectives. Your percentages are a little on the uneven side. Perhaps something like 70 percent objective and 30 percent slayer.

Luke, you got it all wrong. I didn't make my dad try out the door to see if it was locked, he did it himself, while I hung back and took pictures of the building. I didn't make him do anything.

Dax01 said:
Luke, you got it all wrong. I didn't make my dad try out the door to see if it was locked, he did it himself, while I hung back and took pictures of the building. I didn't make him do anything.
You offered him as a sacrifice and you know it. Now be grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom