• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDG

Banned
I'm really hoping that a map I actually like is remade at some point, and there are some minor change like, say, I ramp becoming stairs. That way I'll be able to make an addition to the list of things to bitch about endlessly for the rest of my life.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Luke, you got it all wrong. I didn't make my dad try out the door to see if it was locked, he did it himself, while I hung back and took pictures of the building. I didn't make him do anything.
I'm sure Luke will made an amendment in the next podcast.

"Remember that kid who had his dad try to get in? Turns out he didn't ask his dad to do that. He did it all on his own. The kid sat back and took pictures."

GhaleonEB said:
I'm sure Luke will made an amendment in the next podcast.

"Remember that kid who had his dad try to get in? Turns out he didn't ask his dad to do that. He did it all on his own. The kid sat back and took pictures."
I would much prefer Luke tell everyone that I'm a good kid. ;)

Kibbles

Luke, if things do get more crazy, make sure they get recorded and eventually you guys could make a video montage of all the attempts people have made to get into Bungie Studios :p

The most wondrous thing happened to me just now in a big team social pre-game lobby. I feel I must share it.

Me and three buddies arrive on red team. A lot of people in this lobby have mics, but no one is talking. Except one guy on blue team is playing his guitar. Normally this would be immensely irritating, but he is doing this very simple, plodding piece. Then he starts doing increasingly complex little riffs.

In a moment of genius, one of my friends says 'play the Halo theme'. There is a moment's silence, no more than a second or two, and then the guy just goes at it. The Halo 2 riff you have heard so many times when loading up the game. Everyone in the lobby is laughing and cheering and urging him on, and he's playing faster and faster: DA-DA-DA-DAAA, DA-DA-DA-DAAA.

It made up for many, many weeks of trash talk and screaming.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Holy cow, that "MINIMIZING WORK" and the rest of the things were hilarious.

I love how Shishka doesn't seem amused AT all. Lol.

HAPPY ACCIDENT

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Shake Appeal said:
The most wondrous thing happened to me just now in a big team social pre-game lobby. I feel I must share it.

Me and three buddies arrive on red team. A lot of people in this lobby have mics, but no one is talking. Except one guy on blue team is playing his guitar. Normally this would be immensely irritating, but he is doing this very simple, plodding piece. Then he starts doing increasingly complex little riffs.

In a moment of genius, one of my friends says 'play the Halo theme'. There is a moment's silence, no more than a second or two, and then the guy just goes at it. The Halo 2 riff you have heard so many times when loading up the game. Everyone in the lobby is laughing and cheering and urging him on, and he's playing faster and faster: DA-DA-DA-DAAA, DA-DA-DA-DAAA.

It made up for many, many weeks of trash talk and screaming.
I love you.

Shishka

Works for Bungie
Mr Vociferous said:
Shit yeah. I was just about to head out the door for a run. This'll do just fine. Thanks, Luke.

I find the idea of people listening to us make fun of each other as they jog somewhat unsettling.

Shishka said:
I find the idea of people listening to us make fun of each other as they jog somewhat unsettling.
No worries. As soon as Luke started to describe the intimacy of the BRO-cast room, I couldn't toggle my Zune back to All That Remains quick enough.

Voltron64

SpudBud said:
Halo GAF circle jerk?!?
backflip10019 said:
Me neither.

We could always move this circle jerk online..?
nodp40.gif

Striker

TDG said:
I'm really hoping that a map I actually like is remade at some point, and there are some minor change like, say, I ramp becoming stairs. That way I'll be able to make an addition to the list of things to bitch about endlessly for the rest of my life.
Relic or Terminal remake(s). Believe.

Kibbles

I think they working on a Halo game, not necessarily "Halo 4" though. Bungie wants to move on from Halo, (although we at least know 1 of their projects is a Halo game, thanks to Don Mattrick) so if another developer had to get Halo I'm glad it's Gearbox because they had at least some experience working with Halo before.

Kibbles said:
I think they working on a Halo game, not necessarily "Halo 4" though. Bungie wants to move on from Halo, (although we at least know 1 of their projects is a Halo game, thanks to Don Mattrick) so if another developer had to get Halo I'm glad it's Gearbox because they had at least some experience working with Halo before.
Maybe.

That being said, I read the other GAF thread about this and I gotta say personally, I think it's more likely that Bungie will work on Halo 4 and that Microsoft would (possibly) employ Gearbox or other developers to work on Halo projects not involving the Master Chief. When I use the term, "Halo 4," I'm obviously not referring to the trilogy (which is done and in the can), but rather the direction of Master Chief and Cortana's story, which has always been the linchpin of the Halo franchise and will continue to be as long as they developer/owner wants it to.

What do we know?
  • Don Mattrick confirmed that Bungie was working on a Halo game.
  • Luke substantiated that they are working on Halo software in the last update - although branching out with other IPs.
  • Staten says he's working on top secret, while confirming at ComicCon (when referring to the Legendary ending) that Bungie has a history of creating things which look cool and later applying meaning and substance to them.
  • He also stated during an interview when Contact Harvest was released that there might be clues inside the planetoid installation at the end of Halo 3.
For me, this seems to suggest, that Bungie is working on Halo 4 and that Gearbox, if they are working on something Halo-related, it would be distinctly different from the series' direction at the end of Halo 3. As for the "Xenon 2.0" and a launch title - well, I don't think Microsoft could find a better launch title then a bad ass Halo game (see Xbox 1).

CougRon

I'm excited to note that during the latest podcast, it was stated some would be surprised how quickly they got their latest project put together. Halo 4 this Chrismas... confirmed! :D

Ok, probably not this christmas but it is exciting to think about the possibilities in that simple statement.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
CougRon said:
I'm excited to note that during the latest podcast, it was stated some would be surprised how quickly they got their latest project put together. Halo 4 this Chrismas... confirmed! :D

Ok, probably not this christmas but it is exciting to think about the possibilities in that simple statement.

Exact time to where you heard this?

EazyB

Banned
This is what I heard in the latest podcast, it was stated that Bungie was done merely making shooting games but are instead Halo licensed weaponry as well as a mercenary group ala Blackwater.

Azar

EazyB said:
This is what I heard in the latest podcast, it was stated that Bungie was done merely making shooting games but are instead Halo licensed weaponry as well as a mercenary group ala Blackwater.
warts.jpg
?

CougRon

Domino Theory said:
Exact time to where you heard this?
At about 1:06:52 according to my itunes.

"Plan to be amazed about the amount of work we did in such a short amount of time" or that's what it sounded like to me.

As much as I enjoy Call of Duty 4 I've just been getting sick of it and have been playing Halo 3 some more online tonight. As terrible as I am at the game I've been having my moments, the game is definently starting to grow on me.

One question, I've been playing social slayer mainly--unranked team deathmatch basically right?--but I keep getting thrown into these sniper/shotgun only matches, 50% of which all seem to be on this map called Valhalla. Is there no way to back out once the match maker sets you up for a round? Is Veto the only option? I don't mind playing those every now and then but the frequency with which I encountered that game type and map was a bit much.

jaundicejuice said:
As much as I enjoy Call of Duty 4 I've just been getting sick of it and have been playing Halo 3 some more online tonight. As terrible as I am at the game I've been having my moments, the game is definently starting to grow on me.

One question, I've been playing social slayer mainly--unranked team deathmatch basically right?--but I keep getting thrown into these sniper/shotgun only matches, 50% of which all seem to be on this map called Valhalla. Is there no way to back out once the match maker sets you up for a round? Is Veto the only option? I don't mind playing those every now and then but the frequency with which I encountered that game type and map was a bit much.
You could join a friend's game or a recent player's game if you can. That will get you out of the vete lobby.

But you're not suppose to be able to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom