• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisdair

backflip10019 said:
Luke and/or Shishka: Is there a reason that stat updating on Bnet is taking so long? Mine haven't updated for the past 5 days...
I think this is tied into the recent downtime for the file share server cloud upgrade. There's probably just a bit of a backlog, like there was late last year, and it'll catch up eventually.

Merguson

Banned
The Crawf said:
1zb4dp2.jpg

k1v3lu.jpg

Can anyone even read that tiny text?

It is entirely possible that tommorow will be the longest day of classes I have had because of the pax countdown. Prob should just skip and play halo and castle crashers ;p

Trasher

Cap7ain Blood said:
It is entirely possible that tommorow will be the longest day of classes I have had because of the pax countdown. Prob should just skip and play halo and castle crashers ;p
Like I've been saying man: Syllabus week.

Chinner

Banned
Cap7ain Blood said:
Hey ughh can I have a big mac with some medium fries. Don't need a drink; got one in my car.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Every conceivable thing is coming up right as I'm trying to get out the door to Hotlanta... however, I will not be stopped!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Seriously, having your uni's internet tech people basically telling you they don't give a rat's ass about unblocking your 360 port to their firewall, which takes all of two minutes, and that it'll take over a week because they don't care, is probably the shittiest reason for not playing Halo ever.

But at least there's PAX in two days. :D

Apologies in advance if/when I use your gamertag instead of you name

All da youngens back at teh university. :D

Seriously though it sounds like a GOOD idea to have your 360 blocked Metroid, woulda saved my grades a bit back then. I guess maybe I have an addictive personality though.

Dirtbag

I'm so pumped for pax now!

It hit me driving home today. I have to be at LAX by about 4:45ish (AM) and land in seattle for 9am! Can't wait to finally meet you guys.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Dirtbag 504 said:
I'm so pumped for pax now!

It hit me driving home today. I have to be at LAX by about 4:45ish (AM) and land in seattle for 9am! Can't wait to finally meet you guys.

Same. Two more days, man. :D

Can't wait to meet you all, finally.

Metroidvania said:
Apologies in advance if/when I use your gamertag instead of you name

Do that and you'll owe me the points I gave you to get the Legendary Maps. >=]

jokez :p

Azar

Cocopjojo said:
Every conceivable thing is coming up right as I'm trying to get out the door to Hotlanta... however, I will not be stopped!
Enjoy the monstrosity that is Hartsfield-Jackson. :lol

Merguson

Banned
I've been thinking about what Purple Reign or 'Assembly' could look like. About the video that's raised up some heavy discussions. I know Bungie shot down all hype about campaign objects, like AI characters, being included in Forge mode. They also said the set with the blue-grid was just a section of Rat's Nest.

This was in the latest BWU by the way for the people who have no idea what I am talking about.

I've been thinking, maybe we have been taking this video too seriously. One of the theories was that it indicated that a map editor could be on the way and you would be able to snap forge objects into place.

Now take that theory and the name of the new map 'Assembly'. I think we might have a map that is similar to Foundry but far more advanced and purple-themed, like Covenant. If we took the name 'Assembly' seriously, and the theory of snapping objects into place, we could have a map that is designed to be a map for Forge, but objects could be placed on the map by snapping them into place, and giving it a unique look. For example, think Midship, but with specific snapping-abilities, could remove the four gravity pads keeping it afloat and place one large gravity pad to change the physics on the bridge by tilting towards the greater weight.

It's just a thought, probably a crazy thought, but I thought the pieces fit together.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Merguson said:
Paragraph third, second line.

That was referring to the Brutes and such though, wasn't it?

The Blue grid is for something else, I think. Hence the "don't show it to the internet."

Plus...I don't recall any part of Rat's nest looking like the brownish rust color with that particular layout.

You forgot the rest of that paragraph:

not some depiction of a brand-new feature that implements Campaign objects into multiplayer

Seems like he was talking about the actual Rat's Nest that was used in the video, since he is talking about campaign objects (player models) being used. I think the grid is still open for discussion and rampent speculation.

Sai-kun

Banned
Merguson said:
Paragraph third, second line.

That makes me think more like how there were random bots/stuff strewn around the map, not necessarily the blue-grid thing.

"assembly" also makes me think of something like Elongation. Some sort of construction of something, or at least conveyor belts. At least in human-terms anyways. :p

Merguson

Banned
I always thought a map editor wasn't going to happen. In fact, on HBO, a bungie employee downplayed the hype on the video. The campaign objects isn't for sure going to happen but if the hype is downplayed on the map editor, then it may not be a map editor but more of a glorified version of the Forge mode, snapping objects into place rather than actual sections of the map.

Kibbles

Yeah I still think there is a more advanced forge map coming out, whether it's ''Assembly'' or not. (Despite it's name, probably not. The way it's been described just doesn't seem to fit with a 'super-forge' map, and the video showed what looked like a human-made structure, not covenant.)

Sean

Banned
Not sure if this was discussed yet but on the 8/26 Giant Bombcast, Jeff let slip (1:38:30 in) about "the Halo/GRAW game also next year... that's the one they didn't announce at E3."

Dunno what he meant by that...

GhaleonEB

Sean said:
Not sure if this was discussed yet but on the 8/26 Giant Bombcast, Jeff let slip (1:38:30 in) about "the Halo/GRAW game also next year... that's the one they didn't announce at E3."

Dunno what he meant by that...
Bungie hired the creative director of the GRAW series over a year ago to work on a major project.

Merguson said:
I always thought a map editor wasn't going to happen.
I'm pretty sure you're right on the money about this still. There's no evidence to suggest a full-scale map editor. There is, however, ample evidence to suggest that the "new" map which hasn't been described, a map which will likely be released alongside Assembly and "Spacecamp," is a map similar to Foundry. Here, the map can be completely rebuilt, however, using a comprehensively large pile of Forge assets, being able to build floors, walls and insert skyboxes seems very likely.

Assembly, however, is just that - a single, solitary map which was supposed to launch with Avalanche and Ghost Town, but was pushed back to another pack. The reason it is called Assembly is likely to do with this...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12529316&postcount=67798

...at least that's my guess.

Dirtbag

TJ Bennett said:
I'm leaving LAX around 1pm tomorrow and should get to Seattle just before 4pm. I'll be there for the nighttime festivities.

I'm leaving LAX at 6am tomorrow. Look me up for nighttime festivities, pm sent with cell phone number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom