• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

SpudBud said:
I demand photos of our fellow GAFers' journey!
I'm bringing my brand new camera that I had to buy for class, so don't worry! I'm also bringing my laptop as well so I should be able to upload photos and share them to you guys if our hotel has wireless.

EazyB

Banned
Dirtbag 504 said:
Seattle = wow
So pretty, so unique, so..... Emo.
Bring jackets guys! It's chilly.
Pretty? Weather's been shit the whole time I've been here, so fucking raining going over the Cascades. Hopefully the weather clears up cause when it's nice, it's fuckin nice.

Anyways, anyone else haven't got their tickets yet. I need to pick mine up at will call. When should I do that? Also, when we meetin up?

Proc

Just discovered bumper jumper (yes, i'm new lol)...Love it. I find it gives way more control than the default. I'm going to buy the legendary map pack this weekend; loving halo. I really enjoyed the dev videos up on market place that take you through all the new maps.

Trasher

EazyB said:
Anyways, anyone else haven't got their tickets yet. I need to pick mine up at will call. When should I do that? Also, when we meetin up?
I have to pick mine up too. I have no idea how we are supposed to do that.

Merguson

Banned
EazyB said:
Pretty? Weather's been shit the whole time I've been here, so fucking raining going over the Cascades. Hopefully the weather clears up cause when it's nice, it's fuckin nice.

It rains some more on Friday and Saturday. Will be clouds on Sunday.

In Toronto, it's sunny all weekend.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Trasher said:
I have to pick mine up too. I have no idea how we are supposed to do that.

Nutter, Metroid and I need to pick'em up, too. You and Eazy should join us so we can go pick 'er up together at the Will Call booth. :p

EazyB

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Nutter, Metroid and I need to pick'em up, too. You and Eazy should join us so we can go pick 'er up together at the Will Call booth. :p
Give me a heads up when ya know when you guys plan to get there.

EazyB said:

Not going to happen, you missed sunny Seattle by about a week. Enjoy our overcast skies!

EazyB

Banned
PICKLEMOUSE said:
Not going to happen, you missed sunny Seattle by about a week. Enjoy our overcast skies!
We'll be to busy inside the convention center to worry about the weather. Just lookin out for those that don't and want to go sight-seeing.

PAX is fucking tomorrow!
(today)

EazyB said:
We'll be to busy inside the convention center to worry about the weather. Just lookin out for those that don't and want to go sight-seeing.

PAX is fucking tomorrow!
(today)

Yeah, you're right weather don't matter. Besides its not Seattle if its not grey anyhow. While your here you should drink as many Washington Microbrews as possible, try Mac N Jacks... Good stuff.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
EazyB said:

PAX is fucking tomorrow!
(today)

have fun!
lucky bastard

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Striker said:
You've been gone such a long time. I thought it ringed already. :(

No, before it was just freezing with the checkerboard pattern. I got into a warranty dispute and was waiting for a response from MS. Luckily I turned it on yesterday (over a week after faxing them my warranty contract) to be greeted with my first RRoD. It was glorious! :lol

Looks like I might still be able to get it back before AU2 comes out. I'm going to be so rusty. However, I'm really looking forward to 6v6. :D

Dirtbag

EazyB said:
Give me a heads up when ya know when you guys plan to get there.
My advice, go early as you can and get your pass, lines will be ginormous. Me, Ghal, Voc, Cocop already have passes and won't wait, we're just going in upon open

fin

BluBlur: I can't subscribe to your twitter through iGoogle. :(

You guys should be seeing Assembly sometime today. I can't wait.

EazyB

Banned
Dirtbag 504 said:
My advice, go early as you can and get your pass, lines will be ginormous. Me, Ghal, Voc, Cocop already have passes and won't wait, we're just going in upon open
I'll get there around 11:30 unless I hear from Omlet and the gang before. Show opens at 2 right? Shouldn't take 2 1/2 hours just to get through will call, especially considering it opened at 8.

PAX!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I don't have to say it, but I know you guys will have a blast up there - enjoy it!

And for the Gears 2 fans there (like Domino), I need to get some impressions and if possible, footage!

Should have made this post earlier before you all left, but hopefully you guys will check GAF while you're there!

vhfive

been playing infection and got blackout with black and white filter

25rfbk2.jpg

awesome

GhaleonEB

I'm at the PAX convention center with cocop, voc and dirtbag. We're trying to decide how early t get into line in order to make sure we get to Bungie's booth in time to make sure we get stuff. It doesn't open for three and a half hours, but the line is getting EPIC......

GhaleonEB said:
I'm at the PAX convention center with cocop, voc and dirtbag. We're trying to decide how early t get into line in order to make sure we get to Bungie's booth in time to make sure we get stuff. It doesn't open for three and a half hours, but the line is getting EPIC......

I waited in line for 5 hours to be first in line for Halo 3 when it came out. As long as you have people to talk with it goes by quick.

soldat7

GhaleonEB said:

I just spoke with HQ. They want you in line 10 minutes ago. They also said to report back any findings. With pictures.

fin

GhaleonEB said:

I hate you all.

Chinner

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
you met up with people from the INTERNET?

NERDDD

GhaleonEB

soldat7 said:
I just spoke with HQ. They want you in line 10 minutes ago. They also said to report back any findings. With pictures.
We also spoke with HQ.

We've been in line almost since I made that post. :lol

So. Many. Nerds. :D

GhaleonEB said:
We also spoke with HQ.

We've been in line almost since I made that post. :lol

So. Many. Nerds. :D

When I was first in line I scored a hat, a shirt, an inflatable chair, a 10 second clip on the local 10 o'clock news and a newspaper article. Below is a pic of the chair and shirt.

Picture_1717.jpg

Shishka said:
I played that a bit yesterday as well. It came up and I was surprised, and then felt dumb because I made that variant.

And then I cheered right up because I made that variant.

:lol

Out of all of the infection levels, I have to say that Valhalla's is definitely the most fun. The positioning of the teleporters as well as the ability to use BRs is just amazing. (The first time I played there I went +20 with 2 Hell's Janitors and a Running Riot.)

Also, Haunted Mansion in Foundry is just fucking awful for anything but Creeping Death. The turrets on the top as well as no cover whatsoever make being a zombie fucking awful. Get rid of it.

Shishka

Works for Bungie
backflip10019 said:
:lol

Out of all of the infection levels, I have to say that Valhalla's is definitely the most fun. The positioning of the teleporters as well as the ability to use BRs is just amazing. (The first time I played there I went +20 with 2 Hell's Janitors and a Running Riot.)

Also, Haunted Mansion in Foundry is just fucking awful for anything but Creeping Death. The turrets on the top as well as no cover whatsoever make being a zombie fucking awful. Get rid of it.

Speed Demons worked out really well, I think. It's one of the few gametypes where it actually feels just as fun to be a zombie as it does to be a human. If anything, moving as fast as a vehicle as you run around is exhilarating.

Full disclosure: Speed Demons, Death Valley, and ZOMBIES ON ICE are also mine. It came about when I was making the Legendary infection variants and was trying to figure out if there was a way to get Avalanche in the roster. I ended up adding Valhalla to Speed Demons to the roster as well after it performed well in playtests.

Not enough people use the vehicles in Demons, though! Riding the 'hog through a crowd of hammer-wielding zombies is all the fun without the fat.

Shishka said:
I played that a bit yesterday as well. It came up and I was surprised, and then felt dumb because I made that variant.

And then I cheered right up because I made that variant.
:lol Shishka, Living Dead needs to be a permanent play list.

GhaleonEB said:
Ghal, I'm so jealous. :(

Blueblur1

fin said:
BluBlur: I can't subscribe to your twitter through iGoogle. :(

You guys should be seeing Assembly sometime today. I can't wait.
We finally got Hostile's laptop online. Here ya go.

http://twitpic.com/9glt - After a scary bus ride we have arrived at the street behind the convention center. Damn metro tunnel and spott ...about 1 hour ago from TwitPic

http://twitpic.com/9gfk - On the bus!! Iphone gps ftw about 1 hour ago from TwitPic

http://twitpic.com/9ge1 - Oh yeah. We're at the Seattle airport by the way!! about 2 hours ago from TwitPic

Just spoke to Cocop. Metroid and capt blood are at baggage claim 15 but the bus to our hotel (we're at the bus stop) is about to arrive. about 2 hours ago from Twittelator

So Hostile and I are sitting here in the terminal and this guy starts talking to Hostile. Apparently, he's going to PAX as well. about 9 hours ago from Twittelator

http://twitpic.com/9f01 - So I'm at my terminal chillin'. Got like 35 minutes to kill. about 9 hours ago from TwitPic

My Halo 3 Xbox 360's faceplate. Sad face. I'm gonna have to buy something for Bungie folk to sign. about 10 hours ago from Twittelator

A trip isn't a trip without forgetting something. I forgot to bring about 10 hours ago from Twittelator

Walshicus

Oh man, the hilarity of moderating B.net;

From someone banned for posting a Rick Roll thread.
Message 1:
[Do you] Feel cool for banning me? Does it make your pathetic life feel like it has meaning?
Do you scrounge around the forums looking for a thread to lock?
I think you take out all your anger on people because your life sucks.
I am laughing at your pathetic existance. And everytime i get banned for stupid reasons i personnaly make bungie and its mods look worse. We all laugh at when i get banned for stupid reasons and you may think your making bungie.net a better place but your not. instead of banning the jerks you ban the people that cause no harm.
trust me i will get this news out and you and all the other mods are pathetic. no one likes you, no one thinks your cool. and that is because of reasons like this. Trust me, by banning me for you it will truly turn out not worth it. The whole bungie.net community will see your patheticness.
So go ahead and continue to ban me.. because the forums suck anyway its just a bunch of 15 year olds talking smack. So overall you are an idiot who feels cool with his moderator status.
Get a life and do something good for a change maybe ban the people that deserve it.

Replied to insinuate that I wasn't the one getting angry for having been busted on a video game forum.

Message 2:
well maybe it doesnt say a thing about rick rolls in the rules. So you banned me for a quite a dumb reason. I am gonna get in contact with bungie and tell them that i got banned even though it says nothing about rick rolls. And i will be sure to let them know it was you.
So your dumb and you cant think of a good explanation for why you banned me.

Replied to indicate that in fact, Rick Rolling was bannable in many places and rarely accepted these days.

Message 3:
Well maybe you should learn to do your job right.
And not band people for harmless things and let the people who are racist and such get away.
Just because you take things personal. Just being a forum ninja is pathetic in itself.
You have Nothing to be proud of. In fact its an embarassment. Everyone i told about being banned for it laughed and told me the same thing: "The moderators on that site feel cool with their power trip, They really have no life" so you may think your cool but your really hated by everyone.

Aww man, everyone hates me? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom