• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibbles

PURPLE REIGN ALL OVER MY FACE! BUNGIE WEEKLY UPDATE IS UP: http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=15366

news_H3_MP_Assembly-3p01.jpg

news_H3_MP_Assembly-1p01.jpg

news_H3_MP_Assembly-1p02.jpg

news_H3_MP_Assembly-3p02.jpg

news_H3_MP_Assembly-3p03.jpg

news_H3_MP_AssemblyEnv01.jpg

news_H3_MP_AssemblyEnv02.jpg

news_H3_MP_AssemblyEnv03.jpg

Kibbles

OH SHIT.

[edit] Went to the blog in the link, this is what they have to say.
Live from the floor of PAX 08: Bungie is demoing a new Halo 3 map called Assembly; the picture above shows the title “Halo 3 Mythic,” which the Bungie guy said was just a placeholder name for the map pack. He said he “doesn’t know how it’s going to manifest itself to the public,” whatever that means.

More on this as we get it.
img_3367.jpg

TDG

Banned
I hope this map is a sweet bonding of the best elements of Midship and Gemni. Loved both of those maps.

The map looks really great though. I'm excited.

If the map is the appropriate size, I'd love to see SMG or PR starts on this map. That would be a really cool decision that would inject a lot of variety into MM.

That ..... Looks ..... Sick .....

Luke was only partly telling the truth when he said this weeks update would be "lite." It was lite on words, but HEAVY ON T3H PICS!!! FTW!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Assembly looks the shits. Awesome, awesome map.

Whats the dealio with this "Mythic" screen? Surely they wouldn't create a front end for just one map.... any more goodness to be discovered?

Aren't they showing off new multiplayer elements and such at PAX?

Walshicus

kylej said:
Probably going to be a retail disc with multi and single player content. Pretty cool.
You mean without single player content? Doesn't look like the new menus have any of that on it. Of course... this is all speculating on the assumption this isn't a one off.

Also, title screen says 1.2 - wonder if there are any differences we've still to find out about.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Sir Fragula said:
You mean without single player content? Doesn't look like the new menus have any of that on it. Of course... this is all speculating on the assumption this isn't a one off.

Also, title screen says 1.2 - wonder if there are any differences we've still to find out about.

Isn't that the AU update?

vhfive

Shishka said:
I played that a bit yesterday as well. It came up and I was surprised, and then felt dumb because I made that variant.

And then I cheered right up because I made that variant.

shishka
moar filtered living dead plz
(thinking ghost town old timey and avalanche juicy plus gloomy)

Merguson

Banned
Dax01 said:
Wait so Assembly is a remake of Gemini...?

If so... :D

<3 Gemini.

It's not a remake, but I think it follows the background and atmosphere of Gemini. It might have a style of play like Midship, but I honestly don't know as I've never touched it.

Merguson said:
It's not a remake, but I think it follows the background and atmosphere of Gemini. It might have a style of play like Midship, but I honestly don't know as I've never touched it.
news_H3_MP_Assembly-3p02.jpg

This looks similar to the outside area of Gemini, near the back. Perhaps the same theme?

MMaRsu

Banned
want to post this again..cause I love it. I think it's still from the beta but I'm not sure ( can't remember ) :lol .

Anybody who can add a cool caption to it?

I'm the guy playing btw, and I killed him shortly after the gif ends :p

WOOFLIP.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom