• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueblur1

While it's good practice to help weed out the boosters and cheaters from matchmaking I don't appreciate being singled out. Now if the system punishes me for those two "infractions" then so be it.

JdFoX187

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
Wow, I just noticed on bnet that the number of players in the last 24 hours is around 900,000, that is a huge jump.
I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that decided to get back into Halo 3 when they found out about the AU2 and have rekindled that magical feeling for them. It happened to me.

I am almost positive we will be seeing Halo reclaiming its rightful spot a top the xbox live charts this week. Seems like there were times I was looking at my whole friends list and everyone online was on Halo 3.

EazyB

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
While it's good practice to help weed out the boosters and cheaters from matchmaking I don't appreciate being singled out. Now if the system punishes me for those two "infractions" then so be it.
I was simply helping you understand what you could and could not get in trouble for. You seemed to jump to the conclusion that the banhammer would swing at anyone going into FFA with a party when it's perfectly legit and that's why they allow parties to do so. Now if the system punishes you for those two "infractions" then so be it, ya' mean?

Achronos

The EXP ban is both on account and xbox. In these cases, someone else on the box got a EXP ban and then someone on an account that hadn't played recently got on and couldn't earn EXP.

So... yeah, by design.

MIMIC said:
Some people on the Bungie forums have been XP banned (allegedly) and haven't even played the game since last month. WTF

Dax's Achievement Progress

2yufsja.jpg

Road Rage: I also got this one on Avalanche, with the help of TGA.

Defend This: Avalanche One-side CTF, I got the flag at the enemy base and this one guy just ran up to me and I beat him down.

Double Double: Got it on Heavy Avalanche in DLC BTB by using the tank. I know it's a little cheap, but a double kill is a double kill!

Came... From... Behind...: Got this "ninja-testing" achievement by crouching in, I think it is, BR2 on Blackout. You know those little racks you can hop on top of? Yeah, I just stayed put right there.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Domino Theory said:
So I don't know if anyone else has successfully attempted or even attempted this jump, but I just did and it made me giddy. Watch the whole video because it isn't until AFTER I pick up a BR that the jump is successfull.

http://www.gamevee.com/viewVideo/Halo_3/GeeVee/Snipe_3_to_Snipe_Lift/962426

not to sound like a total douche but i did that jump a while back...just not through the lift like you did...you can clip the sides of it without being caught in the lift...its not really useful though because you're still vulnerable to attack

Louis Wu

You can't trust your damn kids

Okay, here's the setup: my son and I are playing split-screen Multi Team, slayer on Construct. We're doing pretty horribly, and we die about the same time. We spawn together at Sword spawn.

He's in front of me, and runs out into the hallway. Clearly, there's a battle going on - I see a drainer thrown, and he's shooting at someone.

I run up the ramp, and the path looks clear - he's pulling off to the right. He hasn't said a word.

WTF

I say, "couldn't you have mentioned there was a laser charging up, instead of just sidestepping it?"

"I didn't see it, Dad. Honest."

Louis Wu said:
I say, "couldn't you have mentioned there was a laser charging up, instead of just sidestepping it?"

"I didn't see it, Dad. Honest."

I see whats going on, he's just trying to get rid of the father so he could become head of the house hold, smart kid.

Had a great night of H3 tonight. Haven't had that hardcore of a multiplayer session in quite a while. Really enjoyed the Standoff Heavy variant. Grabbed like three of the new achievements on the Legendary maps too.

Anyway, hoping to get Annual done soon.

I swear it's fucking impossible to get Oddball on DLC FFA... I just spent over 4 hours playing and I didn't even get it once. Last damn achievement I need. :(

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

vhfive

a couple of us decided to play a custom game while we wait for numbers to come back. i thought i loaded up blackout but it was my own variant for taking pictures. oops
well here are some pics of that game

blueblur
282q742.jpg

dani
1z2173q.jpg

numbers
2i9ig6e.jpg

me
9qaers.jpg

heres more
click

Blueblur1

vhfive said:
a couple of us decided to play a custom game while we wait for numbers to come back. i thought i loaded up blackout but it was my own variant for taking pictures. oops

blueblur
282q742.jpg
[/URL]
Hawt. ;)

GhaleonEB

Randoms in DLC BTB were unusually douchebaggy tonight. Still lots of guys ignoring the actual game and just cruising around for achievements and generally being an ass. :\

Striker

GhaleonEB said:
Randoms in DLC BTB were unusually douchebaggy tonight. Still lots of guys ignoring the actual game and just cruising around for achievements and generally being an ass. :\
Went into Squad Battle with three others, so we did have two randoms. Unfortunately, those two randoms were enough to cost us the game. They ran Warthogs around the track (Rat's Nest) by themselves, chased our Warthogs with Ghosts shooting, and thrown grenades between us while in battle. Bad luck with randoms, I guess :|

Best playlist to play, I think, is Team Objective. We played that quite a bit tonight and had much fun. I'm glad One Bomb and 1 CTF in Last Resort is showing up more often in that playlist.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
EazyB said:
I'm so gunna make a better Halo map than this.

Also need Sr. Ramirez's help with the translation.

"My first steps first. The first map that I made based on HALO. I still have many things to discover from the editor but I learn fast."

TimeLike

GhaleonEB said:

I thought it was pretty bad too. My wife and I were playing 2 flag on Valhalla and she is about to get her very first flag capture when one of our teammates hits her in the back and kills her. He takes the flag and caps it. The very next game a teammate killed her and stole the hammer she had. Her innocence was forever lost.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
DancingJesus said:
I swear it's fucking impossible to get Oddball on DLC FFA... I just spent over 4 hours playing and I didn't even get it once. Last damn achievement I need. :(
It shows up in Multi Team... Of course, you're going to need everyone with Legendary maps to ensure it shows up in a timely fashion. Probably easiest to go in with as big a party as you can get.

Don't forget me.

GhaleonEB said:
I was playing a couple of games with TGA. A lot of screaming, a lot of betraying, and no fun.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
vhfive said:

dani
1z2173q.jpg

heres more
click

Just amazing.

Mr Jared said:
Seriously. A great example is this douche that Super Johnson and I ran into. Baby cried for veto and then bailed as soon as he saw what popped up.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=BAYAREA MOB 650

-221 XP penalties. Nice! Somehow, we managed to run out the clock for the most awesome tie ever.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=759824697&player=Mr Jared

Johnson scored a double with 15 seconds remaining. I started shouting "HIDE! HIDE!" :lol
Gamevee grabbed the clip of the last few seconds of the game, so here is a video reference for those who weren't there. Talk about the narrowest of margins. :lol

http://www.gamevee.com/viewVideo/Halo_3/GeeVee/Comeback/971796

Chinner

Banned
just tgot a question about the vidmaster annual achievement. can i start at the second rally point or do we have to start from hte beginning. Also, will the rally point click in cause i can imagine it sucking if you die in the ghost and you have to start from the very beginning.

HugBasket

Banned
Chinner said:
just tgot a question about the vidmaster annual achievement. can i start at the second rally point or do we have to start from hte beginning. Also, will the rally point click in cause i can imagine it sucking if you die in the ghost and you have to start from the very beginning.
beginning and don't have to restart everytime you die, iron just takes you back to your last checkpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom