• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

cjelly said:
Looks like I'm the new Juices:

I've been banned from earning EXP. :(

I wasn't even trying to get EXP, I was trying to get the Oddball achievement with a couple of buddies in DLC FFA and Multi Team. We weren't hurting anyone.

God, I'm pathetic. :(

6 of us (6 gaffers with 2 guests) will probably get the ban too then; we played 2 games, mainly to get the splatter spree one, which is fucking ridiculous (although we also did the assassination one). The only other ridiculous one is the oddball one, unless that pops up in one of the playlists a lot more or something, I haven't seen it come up at all since the update yet. I could care less about the achievement points, I just want to get them out of the way so I don't have to think about it in the back of my mind. If you're going to do multiplayer online achievements, I think they need to be reasonable. In 2,351 games of Halo 3, I have gotten ZERO splatter sprees.

Also some of us were talking about what the new exp requirements are for the ranks, don't know if it's been posted yet: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_3_Ranks (scroll down)

Falagard

I wish we just had a fileshare link to that mayhem.

I think I have it in my saved clips, but not on my share. It was easier to just find a YouTube video to it. If I do have it I'll share it and post it.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
SailorDaravon said:
6 of us (6 gaffers with 2 guests) will probably get the ban too then; we played 2 games, mainly to get the splatter spree one, which is fucking ridiculous (although we also did the assassination one).

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

SailorDaravon said:
If you're going to do multiplayer online achievements, I think they need to be reasonable. In 2,351 games of Halo 3, I have gotten ZERO splatter sprees.
I've gotten splatter sprees before, but requiring you to get a splatter spree 'on a Legendary map' when only one of the Legendary maps has vehicles that can effectively splatter is harsh. And it's harsher still when you consider that half the time we seem to get Avalanche Heavy anyway, meaning you potentially need to dodge three lasers, four tanks and two hornets on your way to the spree.

But I don't think we'll be banned. We only played two games, we played the first one legit except the guests weren't moving, and once we'd got the splatter sprees we played the rest of the second one out legit (and I didn't finish in the top half). Also we only had two guests out of eight people, whereas cjelly had five.

Oozer3993

Kibbles said:
Halo: Keep it Clean at TGS am confirmed.

Playable. Believe.

TGS isn't until the 9th of October. They'd be getting there almost a week early. But it would seem to be something since they are both going to the same place.

P.S. Anyone wanna go for the Annual Achievement?

P.P.S. That suicide video? Worst editing I've seen in a long time. And that font made my eyes bleed.

MrDaravon

urk said:
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I like how you can post on GAF but can't get on to play. You better be posting this from a bar on an iphone or something.

Shake Appeal said:
I've gotten splatter sprees before, but requiring you to get a splatter spree 'on a Legendary map' when only one of the Legendary maps has vehicles that can effectively splatter is harsh. And it's harsher still when you consider that half the time we seem to get Avalanche Heavy anyway, meaning you potentially need to dodge three lasers, four tanks and two hornets on your way to the spree.

But I don't think we'll be banned. We only played two games, we played the first one legit except the guests weren't moving, and once we'd got the splatter sprees we played the rest of the second one out legit (and I didn't finish in the top half). Also we only had two guests out of eight people, whereas cjelly had five.

Eh, if we do I'm taking a couple weeks off, that shit is ridiculous.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
SailorDaravon said:
I like how you can post on GAF but can't get on to play. You better be posting this from a bar on an iphone or something.

You should probably use the online forum, Captain Can't Play by the Rules!

I'm watching Obama vs. McCain. Bitches don't know about my civic duty.

Oozer3993

renowned said:
not yet, we'll need one more - anyone else want in?

gamertag: renowned

I'm on. Send over an invite so we can get this sucker. GT: Oozer3993

And now to back away from online so as not to derail the thread, Mergy, your screenshot, it frightens me. What is that even supposed to be?

EazyB

Banned
Super Johnson said:
Anyone take a gander at the Bnet forums? Looks like everyone got banned and made a thread about it. :lol

Bungie Forum said:
Hey Bungie just curious, how does the new banhammer detect boosting from Halo 3? Luckily I play the game fairly. But I am just curious, does it detect unusual gameplay or monitor chats and etc?
The Patriot Bungie Act

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Super Johnson said:
Anyone take a gander at the Bnet forums? Looks like everyone got banned and made a thread about it. :lol
And they all say the same thing: "I didn't even do anything!" And then the best part about it is the guy who comes in and posts a link to the Matchmaking game where the OP has three guests and two other friends who DNF'ed.

Super Johnson said:

Wow, quick question to people, went into FFA DLC with 2 friends (not to get achievements, we randomly met in a game when he was with his friend, and partied up afterwards) could I get banned for that, everyone was playing, just to win and get kills and stuff, and I don't think I got any achievements. I'm hoping thats not ban worthy because if that is the case, they shouldn't have it so you can have more than 1 person in a party for FFA. As long as they ban one of the guys I played with who had 3 guests, (not actual players) just to win and get achievements.

Hero

Bungie is probably checking whoever is getting the harder achievements and then reviewing the game data to determine if it was legitimate or not.

Bah. Still need overkill.

Sean

Banned
Cocopjojo said:
And they all say the same thing: "I didn't even do anything!" And then the best part about it is the guy who comes in and posts a link to the Matchmaking game where the OP has three guests and two other friends who DNF'ed.

I am having fun reading some of these rants. Bungie needs to bring back the Waambulance in their podcast.

Blueblur1

That was a great update. I'm really looking forward to the B.net updates and I loved reading those memorable moments from the team.

I got nostalgic myself so I dug up some pics from the Halo 3 Launch Party that was held here in Miami. Take a look.

100_2275Large.jpg

Bungie's Steve Scott and I.

100_2274Large.jpg

One of them! Myself, Hostile behind me (I never really looked at this pic before so his facial expression is as disturbing to me as it may be to you) and a friend of ours sneaking in the shot.

100_2292Large.jpg

And a van that was there at the launch event but later showed up at the GameStop where I actually had pre-ordered the game from (and purchased from). Then immediately afterwards it began to rain like HELL. Stayed up until 6am playing Lone Wolves matches. What a night. :D

Watching that B.net thread is amazingly awesome. I just scroll through the nonsense and look for the yellow text. Yellow text = someone got owned hard with statistical evidence. :lol

In that same vein, I swung my own form of Banhammer today:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=759229017&player=Pickled Trout

Everyone agreed to team up and wait in the hill together (one of the guys was even bragging how he got EXP banned today). Needless to say, I wasn't going to make it easy for them.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
damn i haven't been online in weeks, i hope i didn't get banned lol...i haven't done anything wrong though, so i should be good

MIMIC

Banned
Some people on the Bungie forums have been XP banned (allegedly) and haven't even played the game since last month. WTF

Tashi

this is why Call of Duty 4 is ahead of Halo 3 in the Top Played games...Bungie keeps banning everyone lol.

don't ban me plz

GhaleonEB

Tashi0106 said:
this is why Call of Duty 4 is ahead of Halo 3 in the Top Played games...Bungie keeps banning everyone lol.

don't ban me plz
Speaking of which - I just noticed there's well over 800k players on bungie.net's 24 hour tracker. Much higher than the past month.

Cocopjojo said:
So. Awesome. :lol

Tashi

GhaleonEB said:
Speaking of which - I just noticed there's well over 800k players on bungie.net's 24 hour tracker. Much higher than the past month.

true that, I was playing social slayer at my buddies place and there were 80 thousand people playing social slayer...thats the most I've ever seen.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
MIMIC said:
Some people on the Bungie forums have been XP banned (allegedly) and haven't even played the game since last month. WTF

It's retroactive. There's no statute of limitations on this, if someone cheated 8 months ago they're going to get banned now.

lolz465.jpg

I laughed when I saw this on the xbox profile page.

Sibylus

Banned
Ooh, some new Halo Wars stuff (love that Wolverine concept, it looks like it conforms very well to UNSC style):

UNSC_Wolverine_card.jpg

New Flamethrower unit info & screens:

“Hellbringers”

These specialized Marines are outfitted with a Napalm spewing NA4 Flamethrower. First seeing action during World War I, flamethrowers have changed remarkably little since those early days in the trenches. These specialized Marines carry a potent mixture with them in a tank that is spewed through a gun onto the target. A variety of mixtures have been created for work in various atmospheric and gravitational conditions, but they all work similarly to fry just about anything.

Squads of Flame Marines aren’t particularly common in the UNSC arsenal. Usually they are only called in to exterminate the most firmly entrenched enemies, which means that they also take plenty of casualties themselves. They know it’s a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

Armament: NA4 Flamethrower; Flash Bang
Crew: 2 person squad
Role: Anti-infantry

flame_concept.jpg

Flame_render.jpg

Flame_4render.jpg

MIMIC

Banned
LAUGHTREY said:
It's retroactive. There's no statute of limitations on this, if someone cheated 8 months ago they're going to get banned now.

Back when Halo 3 first came out, I boosted in an oddball game on a friend's account (didn't have my own) since everyone wanted Slayer. A guy in the lobby suggested the idea. I didn't know that it was considered "cheating". I hope these retroactive bans target repeat offenders and not people who've done it once.

I wonder how they can tell the difference between boosting and legit games. I've had games of ninja/oddball where I held the ball for the entire time against a bunch of guests. I got first and everyone else got 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom