• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Shake Appeal said:
What about stairs, though? Can't abide stairs.
I'm not good at Halo MP. My aim is off, my reflexes poor. I make hilarious tactical decisions. Seriously, just saved a clip where I inexplicably destroy a Warthog and (apparently in celebration) toss a grenade straight into a wall and back into my face.

And even I know to not throw grenades at stairs, less I risk unintended consequences. I aim for the wall on either side of the stairs to bank the grenade over to the top, or bottom.

And to make it even more heretical, I actually like that some areas are better at banking grenades than others. One advantage of standing at the top of a set of stairs is the guys on the bottom can't bank grenades off the stairs and nail me. I strategically try to get to the top of them to use that to my advantage. I think it actually helps the game, rather than harm it.

Sibylus

Banned
BladedExpert said:
Every time I see 'textures' get the blame I both laugh and die a little inside. :lol :(
If somebody makes that screwup on Neogaf, I will not be able to restrain myself, seriously :mad:

tombur said:
Anyone seen the 'leaked' ODST menu screens? If you look at the main shot, and then the picture of the menu close up, the background is different, hinting the background is moving like Halo 3's menus... is this old?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF3BS_rnuvc&feature=related

Edit: Pah, a fake, waste of pixels

It is good looking though, where did you see it says fake, not saying it is real, I just can't find where someone elso posted that it was fake.

edit: nvm, found the fakeness behind it

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
backflip10019 said:
Wow, this thread is almost up to 3 million views. 3 million. Sheeeeeeeeeeiiiiiit.

I'm more impressed by the 92000+ fuckin posts. That shit is insane!

KevinRo

I am so going to send in an application for joystiqs halo3 bungie challenge. If I get picked I will be so fucking pumped to dong on some bungie employees.

I can always play for bungie if persuaded by swag.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
KevinRo said:
I am so going to send in an application for joystiqs halo3 bungie challenge. If I get picked I will be so fucking pumped to dong on some bungie employees.

What if a Bungie person donged on thee?

Would this cause a psychic failure?

KevinRo said:

Don't act like you aren't out for recon Ro.

KevinRo

OuterWorldVoice said:

This would be impossible. But if I do get picked and beaten I would honestly stop playing halo(until odst) and stop bashing bungle. But since that won't happen prepared if I get picked for I will never let it down.

*edit*

ughh I can't wait for copynpasta in os3. Blood, I didn't even know they gave of recon. I could care less cuz most likley I'll get it through the vidmaster challenge stuff. I would like to attend E3 though like really really want to attend e3

OuterWorldVoice said:

I heard that it's impossible to dong on KevinRo, and if one was to try, said dong would merely change direction midcourse and dong on the original person who had intended to be the dong-er.

KevinRo

actually I'm having second thoughts. Most of the people posting aren't too hot and they are complaining about new registered members. Poop

*edit*

tashi u enter too. I wouldn't mind losing it's a win win situation except I porbably wouldn't be able to post here anymore due to shame

vhfive

KevinRo said:
actually I'm having second thoughts. Most of the people posting aren't too hot and they are complaining about new registered members. Poop

*edit*

tashi u enter too. I wouldn't mind losing it's a win win situation except I porbably wouldn't be able to post here anymore due to shame
i signed up for the lolz
if i win hooray if not oh well

KevinRo said:

*edit*

:lol Both of you should enter and then just teamkill each other until Bungie wins. I may have my qualms with some of the decisions that Bungie makes, but Joystick is just utter shit.

KevinRo

Tashi ur just butt hurt cuz hbo didn't pick youuuu. I like joystiqs website for news but some of their user comments are borderline youtubish, that's why I haven't registered as a user there yet :/

Azar

I applied for the Stiq community contest too. I'm hopeful that the fact I used to write for them will make me stick out in the crowd, but there are already like 300 comments so that's probably a pipe dream.

Kibbles

According to a user on H.B.O forums there is another pic of Heretic somewhere out there in the massive series of tubes. Said pic contains someone looking out the window into the amazing skybox. Must... track... down...

Tashi

KevinRo said:
Tashi ur just butt hurt cuz hbo didn't pick youuuu. I like ******* for news but some of their user comments are borderline youtubish, that's why I haven't registered as a user there yet :/

lol yea...i actually watched the grand prize winner's video, well deserved.

Anywho, I like ******* for the news too, I don't even read the fuckin comments. I'll join and comment on that story. KevinRo, we should comment and say that we've played a bunch together and play really well together, maybe they'll take us both.

edit: Ok, I post on that ******* story. I mentioned how KevinRo and I hardly ever lose when we play together and how we play really well together blah blah blah

Kibbles said:
According to a user on H.B.O forums there is another pic of Heretic somewhere out there in the massive series of tubes. Said pic contains someone looking out the window into the amazing skybox. Must... track... down...
"That's not going to happen."

Brainboy

GhaleonEB said:
I'm not good at Halo MP. My aim is off, my reflexes poor. I make hilarious tactical decisions. Seriously, just saved a clip where I inexplicably destroy a Warthog and (apparently in celebration) toss a grenade straight into a wall and back into my face.

And even I know to not throw grenades at stairs, less I risk unintended consequences. I aim for the wall on either side of the stairs to bank the grenade over to the top, or bottom.

And to make it even more heretical, I actually like that some areas are better at banking grenades than others. One advantage of standing at the top of a set of stairs is the guys on the bottom can't bank grenades off the stairs and nail me. I strategically try to get to the top of them to use that to my advantage. I think it actually helps the game, rather than harm it.

Shake's just mad because he had the use of frag grenades on Lockout down to a science.

I think it's hilarious when the grenade hits a weird (but geometrically correct) angle. I can't recall times when it backfires but I do have one when it still helped:

72240887-Full.jpg

72241037-Full.jpg

72241150-Full.jpg

72241990-Full.jpg

72241206-Full.jpg

72241402-Full.jpg

Kibbles

Grimm Fandango said:
I think it's hilarious when the grenade hits a weird (but geometrically correct) angle. I can't recall times when it backfires but I do have one when it still helped:
Damn texchures.

Tashi0106 said:
lol yea...i actually watched the grand prize winner's video, well deserved.

I am looking through them now and the honorable mention was pretty horrible imo.
Edit: Just finished watching the rest, they were really well done.

Ugh... My aim is not what it used to be. I decided to switch my sensitivity up to 10 and play some MLG gametype games (probably not the best gametype to switch sensitivity on), so that I'm not so erratic. Very first game I get into, two of my teammates from the very start, are complaining non-stop about everything, but themselves. It's true I did horrible, but the never ending chatter didn't help either.

Deputy Moonman said:
Ugh... My aim is not what it used to be. I decided to switch my sensitivity up to 10 and play some MLG gametype games (probably not the best gametype to switch sensitivity on), so that I'm not so erratic. Very first game I get into, two of my teammates from the very start, are complaining non-stop about everything, but themselves. It's true I did horrible, but the never ending chatter didn't help either.

You get quite a lot of that in MLG. I just mute them after a while, theres no reasoning with those people. When you get good team mates its awesome. When you get jerks its unplayable :(

Deputy Moonman said:
Honestly, I don't think this is the best solution. What you really should do is bump your sensitivity down to somewhere between 2 and 4 and become comfortable and confident with your BR. I would probably stay out of the MLG playlist for now as you'll probably find a handful of multi-accounters in it that play at way higher levels that you're used to. Try to stick to Social or if you can Custom games and try to get your shot back. Switching up to 10 from the very start won't really help you out in that regard.

If you'd like, I'd be more than willing to help you out in a couple of custom games next weekend (when I finally get to play again!) and give you a few tips and pointers. GT is backflip10019.

KevinRo

Captain Blood said:
I am looking through them now and the honorable mention was pretty horrible imo.

The honorable mention was so money haha wow tashi no wonder they didn't pick your video.

Oh and tashi I looked at your stats, I see why you wanted to be posted with me haha i just blow you out of the wattter

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/CareerStats.aspx?player=KevinRo&player2=NYSTOFMIND23

BladedExpert said:
You get quite a lot of that in MLG. I just mute them after a while, theres no reasoning with those people. When you get good team mates its awesome. When you get jerks its unplayable :(

i just laugh at them. there is nothing else you can do.

FourDoor

Captain Blood said:
Edit: Just finished watching the rest, they were really well done.

LOL at the honorable mention but the rest of the submissions were indeed top quality. The winners were well deserved.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
backflip10019 said:
Who is Frank? Surely, they missed a couple of extra vowels at the end there.

It's better than Francie-Boy. Also, they called me Halo co-creator. I no more co-created Halo than Luke Smith can beat me at SF4. And then Kotaku said I worked for Bungie.

And he spelled my name wrong like, five times in the piece, even though he printed a giant picture of the correct spelling. But he was a pretty cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything.

Tashi

KevinRo said:
The honorable mention was so money haha wow tashi no wonder they didn't pick your video.

Oh and tashi I looked at your stats, I see why you wanted to be posted with me haha i just blow you out of the wattter

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/CareerStats.aspx?player=KevinRo&player2=NYSTOFMIND23

i just laugh at them. there is nothing else you can do.

Ok but I have a ton more games played on my Main and really only account while that's just one of your accounts you play on. It's like comparing Michael Jordan Career points per game vs someone who has only been in the league for a few years like Lebron james. Jordan (me) has a lot more games under his belt and you Lebron (you) are just a n00b...PWND!!!!

when are you gonna get on? We haven't played in a while

Also, Neoism, your cousin and I just had some intense MLG custom matches against each other. His "team" won 3/4 or 2/3 I can't remember but they were pretty tight all the way through. He's definitely better than those guys he was playing with. Knows the game and the maps really well. Just though I'd tell you for some reason lol

KevinRo

Tashi0106 said:
Ok but I have a ton more games played on my Main and really only account while that's just one of your accounts you play on. It's like comparing Michael Jordan Career points per game vs someone who has only been in the league for a few years like Lebron james. Jordan (me) has a lot more games under his belt and you Lebron (you) are just a n00b...PWND!!!!

when are you gonna get on? We haven't played in a while

Also, Neoism, your cousin and I just had some intense MLG custom matches against each other. His "team" won 3/4 or 2/3 I can't remember but they were pretty tight all the way through. He's definitely better than those guys he was playing with. Knows the game and the maps really well. Just though I'd tell you for some reason lol

Maybe if you weren't so bad you would get your 50 sooner and wouldn't play 50,000 ranked games nub.

And Bungie watch out, I posted for that contest and it looks like I'm the top runner in terms of stats and whatnot. But you guys might have an edge, I have 2 midterms and a quiz Wednesday so I won't have had played halo in a while :/

Haven't played Halo 3 in a while but I'm thinking of popping it in and getting back into it. How's the multiplayer scene right now? Anything changed at all? How are the new maps? And is LE Halo Wars the only way to get them right now? When are they being released to the public? Fill me in HaloGAF!

vhfive

ToyMachine228 said:
Haven't played Halo 3 in a while but I'm thinking of popping it in and getting back into it. How's the multiplayer scene right now? Anything changed at all? How are the new maps? And is LE Halo Wars the only way to get them right now? When are they being released to the public? Fill me in HaloGAF!
on the 9th so 3 more days
and mp is still fun as always

KevinRo

Dax01 said:
I'm betting there will be more to MM of ODST than just the Halo 3 maps.

It's the same fucking game dax just an added Campaign experience. If they changed the MM to ODST that means they would have to change the whole architecture behind their Online Backend or supply an update to every single Halo3 user.

Seriously though, I'm just going to sell my Halo3 and buy ODST. No reason to have it anymore when ODST comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom