• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

About the whole ODST pricing debate. I just bought the game for £30 on Amazon. £1.60 for first class delivery, estimated dispatch date of September 21st. Well worth that price.

GhaleonEB said:
Yes. Why on earth wouldn't you be able to?
I don't know, for some reason people in the other thread were talking about Firefight like you wouldn't be able to go in solo.

GhaleonEB said:
Where did I say it wasn't?
It was just how I see things, and from that post I thought you had switched values on me (campaign not being the single most important thing). Just making sure you hadn't.:D

Blueblur1

GhaleonEB said:
I evaluate games in part on how much time I'll spend on it. It's why I don't get too deep into the arguments over $10 map packs. I've spend dozens of hours playing $10 worth of content. And I'll spend dozens of hours in Firefight. Mostly solo, partly with friends, partly with my kid.

I'll also play through the campaign several times, which is likely 30-40 hours of time for me. And that's before we get into the new MP maps.

Would like like hoppers in Firefight? Fuck yes. I think it's a tremendous mistake not to add them in. I understand the reasons why. But it puts Bungie behind the curve, when they are usually ahead of it.

I'd still pay $60 for Firefight, because matchmaking or no I'll be playing the piss out of the game mode. Halo's sandbox is a fun one to romp in.
I agree with your logic. I've always thought to myself that Halo 1 and Halo 2 were easily worth more than initial MSRPs and the cost of Live. I'm just not too sure about ODST and Firefight. I feel that it'll just be Halo 3: Redux. I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised on 9/22 as I'm buying it anyway because I will give Bungie the benefit of the doubt.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
It was just how I see things, and from that post I thought you had switched values on me (campaign not being the single most important thing). Just making sure you hadn't.:D
And where did I say it was?

Until I've played them both, I can't say. Though, I'm looking forward the campaign the most right now, I suspect I'll spend more time in Firefight.

kylej

Banned
Louis Wu said:
Halo 3: ODST will have:
  • A 6-level campaign - Bungie says it's shorter than Halo 3's, but not by a lot, any more. First non-Bungie estimate seems to be 8-10 hours (compared to 10-15 for the same level of player for Halo 3).

• Halo 3: ODST will not take more than 3 hours (I'd estimate 2 and half hours on average) to complete when everyone here gets into their groups of 4 and starts playing.

Does the 'limited' edition come with more than a controller? A different case? Or is it just the regular game with a controller packed in? I've got the limited pre-ordered because I need a new controller and it works out cheaper this way, just curious though.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Neverender said:
Does the 'limited' edition come with more than a controller? A different case? Or is it just the regular game with a controller packed in? I've got the limited pre-ordered because I need a new controller and it works out cheaper this way, just curious though.

Just the pad. It's nice though. Same color palette as the Halo 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360, but the artwork is nice and subtle. Some folks are saying the d-pad is a bit better, but I don't do a lot of d-padding, so the comparison is lost on me.

And there are players in this thread that can complete the Halo 2 campaign in an hour and a half. That's why it's a pretty strange proposition to start ascribing an arbitrary minute mark. Unfortunately, our guys did just that in the early going. They were swimming in uncharted waters and wanted to make sure they underpromised and overdelivered.

Some players will choose to whip through the game on easy, others will spend untold hours exploring every last square inch of the hubworld, and sure, if you have a four man squad you'll be able to work through the encounters faster than you could solo. None of those examples really speak to how many hours of entertainment you can get out of the content on disc.

You don't have to take my word for it though, we've already let press dudes have hands-on with the finished game. Full playthroughs are spinning up now. You'll get to read those impressions before you plunk down your sixty bucks if you're still straddling the fence.

GhaleonEB said:
And where did I say it was?

Until I've played them both, I can't say. Though, I'm looking forward the campaign the most right now, I suspect I'll spend more time in Firefight.
That's what I meant to say. I thought, from that post, you were looking to Firefight more than the campaign now.

Sorry for the confusion.

Blueblur1

urk, are you aware of any plans to incorporate the new Mythic maps into matchmaking by 9/22? I want to be able to put the Mythic disc into my 360 and try out the maps in MM on launch day.

urk said:
Just the pad. It's nice though. Same color palette as the Halo 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360, but the artwork is nice and subtle. Some folks are saying the d-pad is a bit better, but I don't do a lot of d-padding, so the comparison is lost on me.

Thanks bro. I don't really care about the d-pad either but I like the look of the controller so I'm down.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Blueblur1 said:
urk, are you aware of any plans to incorporate the new Mythic maps into matchmaking by 9/22? I want to be able to put the Mythic disc into my 360 and try out the maps in MM on launch day.

Yeah, Shishka could probably speak a bit better to the plans, but I believe there will be a couple of lists loaded up for those rocking all 24 maps. Don't quote me. It's my first day. I check with some people who know stuff and make sure we detail that all out soon.

MrDaravon

urk said:
Yeah, Shishka could probably speak a bit better to the plans, but I believe there will be a couple of lists loaded up for those rocking all 24 maps. Don't quote me. It's my first day. I check with some people who know stuff and make sure we detail that all out soon.

urk said:

urk said:

Also, I still wish the CE came with something, anything else besides the controller. I wound up getting it because I need another controller, and I had a ton of trade-ins at Gamestop and they were giving an extra 25% towards the game, but it still seems kinda meh. You'd think there would be at least different coverart or something.

10yl28l.jpg

For fucks sake, I only play once a week! My console is 4 years old and I sent it in for repairs 2 years ago...

Put me in the group that beleive that MS shafted us by making ODST full price, but will still buy it day one because I love Halo too much. Also, Scarabs in campaign and Firefight would be the most awesome thing ever in Halo since the Halo CE pistol.

feel

Buckethead said:
I know how desperately you crave an avatar quote to help stimulate yourself sexually, but I will not indulge you. Oh no, I will not. :lol
what the hell? xD

urk said:
Some players will choose to whip through the game on easy, others will spend untold hours exploring every last square inch of the hubworld, and sure, if you have a four man squad you'll be able to work through the encounters faster than you could solo.
Are you allowed to talk about how will campaign coop work? Alot of scenes are only supposed to have 1 or 2 ODSTs storywise, will the other coop players be just no name ODSTs? Clones?

NOKYARD

urk said:
And there are players in this thread that can complete the Halo 2 campaign in an hour and a half.
*quietly raises hand*

no fence sitting here

i'd pay $10 just for the Vidmaster achievement - and not because i want Recon, but because i am a Vidmaster

and i'd pay the remaining $50... scratch that, i'd pay $200 just to get everyone back into my game room for a Halo 1 style Firefight LAN for a few hours

the Campaign is just a bonus
and an excuse to get back into speed running

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
NOKYARD said:
...i'd pay $200 just to get everyone back into my game room for a Halo 1 style Firefight LAN for a few hours

Where the hell were you when we were working on the back of the box?

Well that was a really awesome day...

So I woke up at 4AM (after going to bed shortly after midnight) Saturday morning and got ready for the road trip to Seattle. I packed a few things and headed out the door to pick up goatrope. I arrived at his house shortly before 4:30 and we were out the door and on the road within minutes. Traffic is apparently non existent at these early hours, so the trip down took us under 2 Hours to get from Vancouver, BC to Seattle.

We arrived at Max's house early so we hung out there for a few hours and waited for 8AM. That was when the ODST truck was going to be at Bungie Studios, and we were both (goatrope and I) invited to attend the exclusive first showing.

August23rd2009-SomeSeattlePics163Sm.jpg

Chilling with Arbiter

When we rolled up to Bungie there were several people milling around outside, and Max introduced us to everyone. Mike (MS guy in charge of the whole thing) introduced himself to us and informed us about a few technical problems with the truck. As a result the Bungie Pre-Party was canceled and we were told to just meet up at Redmond Town Center at noon. He told us that they were going to bring the truck back after it was done at Redmond Town Center so we could do the VIP party at 9PM instead. I was insanely pumped.

We had about four hours to kill until we were going to head to the Redmond Town Center, so we went for breakfast (pancakes) and went back to Max's house to clean (I am the best friend in the world it would seem).
We showed up at Redmond Town Center shortly after 11AM and there was already quite a line of people waiting for ODST.

Lineat11.jpg

The line was already quite long at 11

UltimateGama.jpg

Ultimate Gamer

We were told by Mike that the truck was having a few more problems, and that it would be delayed a short while. So we sort of just hung out for a couple hours and I got to meet a lot of really cool people.

EandMajor.jpg

Eric and Major Nelson

GruntyThirst.jpg

LarsJason.jpg

Major.jpg

When the truck arrived our group was invited to come and check out the truck and take pictures of the inside. And after an incredibly stealthy back door entry we were inside the truck ready to play some firefight.

Arrival.jpg

MajorTruck.jpg

chloeODSTtTruck.jpg

InsideDecals2.jpg

chloeODSTGraphic.jpg

Only two of the TV's on the one side were working (it was two rows of four TVs) so goatrope and I got to play Crater (night) on our own.

ODSTtruckinside.jpg

PlayinODST2.jpg

Mike asked us if we wanted to change the difficulty to Heroic and we gladly agreed.

When I was changing the map I saw that the build they had on the truck only had three firefight maps. Crater, Crater Night and ... I'll have to figure this out later... But it's the other one they have been showing a lot.

I changed my control settings and also my appearance (played as Johnson). Apparently no one else was allowed to look in the appearance tab...

The game started and immediately I turned on my night vision (x). The game looked incredible; this is absolutely a graphical improvement over Halo 3. The first thing I did once I left the safe room was try, and fail miserably, to dual wield SMGs... I know I had heard that Dual Wielding was out, but I don't think I actually realized it until yesterday.

The first wave came out and it was primarily jackals and grunts... This was a fortunate thing because the first thing I did was dis regard fall damage and hop off the ledge down into the court yard. Within seconds I almost achieved my first death. Luckily I called out to goatrope and he gave me some back up while I ran back up the stairs and grabbed a health pack from spawn.

The next few waves of enemies came and then Lars was like "alright you two, here comes the Brute Leaders” (I think?). Once he said that I ran back up top and turned around just in time to see 6-8 brutes hurdling over the barriers down into the main court yard.

200.jpg

Pictures this... Then times it by six, add in the fact that it is dark, and that your ammo count is very low.

PlayinODST3.jpg

Watch out!

I think it was at this point that I actually said "wow" out loud. I realized right then how great Firefight really was. The rush of being invaded by dozens of enemies at once as you huddle to regain your shields (I know you don't have shields, but you have something similar)... I don't think I ever felt anything close to this in campaign, but I experienced it within the first six minutes playing Firefight.

The rest of the match played out as you would expect, the enemies got progressively tougher and the breaks between the waves of enemies grew shorter and shorter.

Once our ten minutes was up we got to check out our post game stats... The stat report is huge in detail, and I spent a couple minutes checking it out and I am sure I didn't get a chance to see it all.

We left out the back of the truck and Major Nelson was there interviewing people as they finished playing... He was interviewing someone as we left, so we didn't actually end up being interviewed (fortunately).

Once we got outside we met up with some HBO people (Sorahn, Veegie, and Mr.Sprout) and talked to them for a while before we grabbed lunch.

It was some time after 3 by the time we finished eating, and the line for Firefight was still massive. We decided we would have enough time to play it that night at Bungie, so we opted out of waiting in line and headed out to see a movie.

Instead of seeing a movie the two of us thought it would be a good idea to take an afternoon nap instead. By that time we had been up since 4AM with very little sleep, so we were both quite tired.

Max however was off with Christina's Grandma, so we were temporarily homeless... So we drove to a nice part of town (Max's street) and parked the car in the shade and took a two hour nap. I ended up sleeping with the back seats folded down, in the trunk... lol

We woke up two hours later groggy but rested.

By that time it was close enough to 9PM so we started making our way to Bungie Studios for the ODST party.

We met up with Max at 9PM and stood outside waiting for the truck for close to an hour... Max made a couple phone calls and ultimately found out the truck simply wasn't going to make it back to Bungie at all that night.

With that information we knew that our ODST journey was over.

We thanked Max for the awesome time, and headed back to Canada to get some much needed sleep.

Overall reading this story it would seem that we got un lucky with a lot of things, and while that is partially true I still had a blast.

Mike (the MS guy) was incredible, I honestly cannot thank him enough for treating us the way he did and doing everything he did to make this trip what it was. Max and Christina are also amazing for letting us stay at their place and hang out with them during this whole thing.

This story is extremely long and I am not that great at writing, so I apologize if it was painful to read.

Take care!

**** Didn't know how to fit this into the story, so here are some things I noticed in Firefight that was worth mentioning I though ***

- Pressing the back button brought up an overview of the map. It showed player and enemy location.
- X button was night vision, so it seems like you cannot use equipment?
- The FOV is drastically different... The rocket launcher takes up most of your screen when you hold it, it's insane.
- Good weapons are scarce in Firefight. I had to use a single plasma pistol on multiple occasions because there was simply nothing else for me to pick up.
- The SMG is.. well it's an SMG. It has a good range, but it just feels so... casual.
- The pistol is really good. But I don't know if it felt as 'rewarding' to use as a BR or a Halo 1 Pistol.
- Heroic is tough. Legendary will be insane I am sure.
- Halo: ODST owns. It's Halo, but it's an entirely new and fresh game at the same time. Bravo to Bungie for pulling that off.
- PAX 09 is going to own.
- Thanks to Chloe and Max for the pictures

That's it, hope you enjoyed it!

edit: small youtube Video.

Thanks Max!

EazyB

Banned
Louis Wu said:
There are still 30,000 people PER WEEK buying Halo 3. You don't think they'd be happy to spend that money on a game that didn't make them spend an EXTRA $17.50 to play in all the current matchmaking playlists?
Now their only option is to pay $60 extra to get all the maps as opposed to paying $27.50 (assuming the mythic maps would've been released as a $20 map pack). That's not even mentioning the hundreds of thousands that are probably up to date on the DLC and should have the option to only pay $10 to continue to play everything in MM. It's complete and utter bullshit that these maps have been delayed for an exclusive release with another game. The only saving grace this DLC exclusivity has over Halo Wars is that ODST is at least more related to Halo 3, but it does have something even worse than Halo War's DLC release, no pre-announcement of the maps hitting XBLMP at a latter date. They are forcing Halo 3 players to pay $60 to continue to have full access to MM which is bullshit. I can't take anyone who sees it another way seriously.

Louis Wu said:
If you don't want it, don't buy it. It's ridiculous to say it's got nothing to do with ODST, though. (Bungie has stated from DAY ONE that ODST's multiplayer would be Halo 3's multiplayer.)
That's the same dribble Dax spouted off when Halo Wars had the map exclusivity. At least then, even if they couldn't say exactly when they'd be on XBLMP, they announced it would eventually be there. This time, who the fuck knows if Halo 3 players won't have to pay $60 to get full access to their MM.

Louis Wu said:
You don't want it, don't buy it. But don't tell the million-plus people who bought Crackdown that they're idiots, okay? That's patronizing and stupid.
He never said "idiot" nor did he even really imply it. But let me go out of my way to say that anyone who would hold up beta access as a bullet-point for justifying a $60 purchase is an idiot. Has this console generation really tainted consumers so much they'd willingly and knowingly pay for a beta. Next thing you know you guys will be paying for demos (really close to same thing anyways these days). If a PC dev asked gamers to pay for a beta of their game they'd be laughed outta business, I'm far from a PC elitist but if this is what console gaming has become, I'mma jump ship.

Louis Wu said:
So basically you're saying that you're pissed that Bungie won't release the ODST campaign (and Firefight) as a separate purchase - for less money.
I don't see what's so absurd about that. Without the Halo 3 MP in there do you really think MS woulda tried to pass it off as a $60 game? Even at $40 it would allow the 10 million people that bought Halo 3 (and how many people do you think will buy ODST that didn't buy Halo 3?) to only pay $25 for the rest of the package and that's if they hadn't already bought a single piece of content beforehand. And at least then they'd have the option of choosing what to buy.

Right now MS has forced people that bought Halo 3 ($60 - 40) to buy ODST ($60) to get full access to Halo 3 MP. If you want to add the $20 that many have spent on the current DLC into that, people are being forced to rebuy a shitload of content. Now ODST is a great value for those that never owned Halo 3 (as small as that population may be), but owners of Halo 3 (and especially those have bought the DLC) have all the right in the world to cry foul about what MS/Bungie has done regarding ODST. Of course there's always the "well if you don't wanna pay the $60 than you don't have to" arguement of the Halo Wars days. But it was bullshit then and it's bullshit now.

Okay, fine. As I said above - if you don't find the content in the ODST package worth $60, don't buy it. But just like if I want that new, cool, 7-hour battery that's in the brand-new Apple Macbook Pro, I have to buy a WHOLE NEW MACBOOK (even though other than that, it's pretty much exactly the same machine I bought last year)... you can't have the ODST campaign without accepting the Halo 3 multiplayer that comes with it.

Louis Wu said:
If it makes it not worth it for you, I'm cool with that. If you feel the need to call me 'stupid enough to pay money for things I already own' because I think it's worth it for me, I think your attitude sucks.
Is rebuying content you already own not stupid? It is. It's the fact that you see ODST's campaign, firefight, and the 3 maps as enough value to justify the purchase. It's not the fact that you get to rebuy Halo 3's 11 disc maps and all the maps currently sitting on your HDD so enticing. If they offered to sell you those same maps separately I'm sure you would blink an eye before denying to do so. So as a Halo 3 owner he has all the right in the world to bitch about these inclusions being used to defend ODST's $60 pricetag.

I'm sorry Wu, I've got mad respect for what you do, but I couldn't disagree more passionately about what you're saying. ODST's price-tag is for all intents and purposing bullshit, it's mythic map exclusivity, even more so. Be lucking that you, like myself, can easily justify the purchase, but don't think for even a second that it's not what it is. Price-gouging at it's finest.

Well, I'm off to river to wakeboard the shit out of it. Cya doodz.

Devin's impressions. Click, click, click.
Devin Olsen said:
**** Didn't know how to fit this into the story, so here are some things I noticed in Firefight that was worth mentioning I though ***

- Pressing the back button brought up an overview of the map. It showed player and enemy location.
- X button was night vision, so it seems like you cannot use equipment?
- The FOV is drastically different... The rocket launcher takes up most of your screen when you hold it, it's insane.
- Good weapons are scarce in Firefight. I had to use a single plasma pistol on multiple occasions because there was simply nothing else for me to pick up.
- The SMG is.. well it's an SMG. It has a good range, but it just feels so... casual.
- The pistol is really good. But I don't know if it felt as 'rewarding' to use as a BR or a Halo 1 Pistol.
- Heroic is tough. Legendary will be insane I am sure.
- Halo: ODST owns. It's Halo, but it's an entirely new and fresh game at the same time. Bravo to Bungie for pulling that off.
- PAX 09 is going to own.
- Thanks to Chloe and Max for the pictures

That's it, hope you enjoyed it!
About the M6C, did it exceed your expectations (usefulness, etc)?

The M6C is one of the aspects of ODST I'm most looking forward to. I'm extremely hyped to use it, just like I was for the MA5C and Halo 3.

big ander

kylej said:
Halo 3: ODST will not take more than 3 hours (I'd estimate 2 and half hours on average) to complete when everyone here gets into their groups of 4 and starts playing.
You guys are going to play the campaign in 4-man squads on your first runs? I know I'm going to lock myself in my basement. Me, the gentle plane engine hum of my Xbox, the raucous screams of squads of Covenant getting automag'd, and my TV, together for several hours of enjoyment.

Devin Olsen said:
Long and awesome post
Wow.
Hype levels are reaching a maximum.

Oozer3993

TimeLike said:
$60 is too much if you already own Halo 3. Can you imagine if Infinity Ward said this?
"Coming in November is Modern Warfare 2. It has a new single player campaign but we've packaged in COD4 multiplayer with no matchmaking for the co-op. Give us your moneys now please."

I love Bungie and all, but the way MS has handled the packaging and pricing of ODST is really pushing me towards just a rental or borrow.

There have been many games this generation that have only a campaign component and some of them don't have co-op. They were all $60 new. Let's look at one in particular. ODST lines up pretty nicely with Crackdown in several ways. Both offer an open world with, it appears, about 8 hours of gameplay, as nebulous as that measurement can be. Both feature co-op (though ODST has 4 player compared to only 2 for Crackdown). Both feature access to the beta of a Halo game. But ODST also comes with Firefight and a campaign that is more engrossing and interesting than Crackdown in addition to supporting 2 more players in co-op. Crackdown was $60 new. Technically, it's an even worse value proposition. Where was your righteous anger then?

big ander said:
You guys are going to play the campaign in 4-man squads on your first runs? I know I'm going to lock myself in my basement. Me, the gentle plane engine hum of my Xbox, the raucous screams of squads of Covenant getting automag'd, and my TV, together for several hours of enjoyment.
Yeah, I'm definitely going to play the ODST campaign solo first.

It'll probably be like this for me:

1. About an hour or two of solo action in ODST's campaign.
2. Give the last three Halo 3 maps some love.
3. Finish ODST campaign (solo, of course).
4. Co-op sessions for ODST campaign and Firefight (Ghal, this is where you come in:D ).
5. Last three Halo 3 MM maps.

Kujo

urk said:
Will existing Halo 3 users be given a chance to buy the last 3 maps for 800msp anytime this year..?

Domino Theory said:
Edit: Yes, I know you're talking more about the packaging/pricing deal, but those statements above needed to be said. There's no replayability to Call of Duty's campaign. It's the same frustrating shit over and over again.
Until you play with Slow-Mo and Bottomless Clips. So good.

Random thought: what if after playing a scenario in ODST when you regain control of the rookie, the hub-world is littered with wreckages and blood splatters from the scenario you just played? Or your second playthrough of ODST has all the wreckages and blood splatters from the first playthough's scenarios?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Mojo said:
Will existing Halo 3 users be given a chance to buy the last 3 maps for 800msp anytime this year..?

Wouldn't bank on it. If we get details on a DLC plan though, we'll pass 'em on.

feel

Since you didn't reply to my question, I will just assume you guys are saving the campaign coop info for a later Bnet news update.

I'm going singleplayer first too.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Neverender said:
Aww man, you should smuggle some of those out and sell them to your loyal GAF companions, you'd make a killing.

We gave some away during E3 week and those coming to PAX will probably see some sweet t's on display. :)

Letters said:
Since you didn't reply to my question, I will just assume you guys are saving the campaign coop info for a later Bnet news update.

Dance, monkey!

Depending on the narrative, any extras will be cast as such. Not to worry though, each and every ODST is six-foot-awesome and dressed to kill.

Neverender said:
And Dax, did you really have to quote his entire post? -__-
It's quoted for this page. His post was the last post of the last page. I just want to make sure nobody misses Devin's impressions. :p

Edit: I hope to see some videos of ODST's co-op soon.

Blueblur1

Neverender said:
Aww man, you should smuggle some of those out and sell them to your loyal GAF companions, you'd make a killing.

And Dax, did you really have to quote his entire post? -__-
You reminded me of an experience I had on the Halo 3 launch night. Steve Scott and some others were throwing Bungie shirts, black ones with the Bungie logo on the front, into the crowd and I never got one. My friend's brother, a Halo 2 modder and all around idiot, got one but I didn't. I'm still pissed about it. :p

Dax01 said:
It's quoted for this page. His post was the last post of the last page. I just want to make sure nobody misses Devin's impressions. :p
Thanks for quoting it. I didn't realize that he had posted.

big ander

Dax01 said:
Yeah, I'm definitely going to play the ODST campaign solo first.

It'll probably be like this for me:

1. About an hour or two of solo action in ODST's campaign.
2. Give the last three Halo 3 maps some love.
3. Finish ODST campaign (solo, of course).
4. Co-op sessions for ODST campaign and Firefight (Ghal, this is where you come in:D ).
5. Last three Halo 3 MM maps.
My gameplan is similar.

1) Solo campaign (probably gonna start with Heroic).
2) Mythic 2.0

Since ODST comes out on a Tuesday, and I have school (D:) my nights will consist of just those two. Once it hits the weekend:

3) Finish up solo campaign (If I haven't already).
4) Firefight with 3 people.
5) Mythic 2.0

A Penguin

big ander said:
My gameplan is similar.

1) Solo campaign (probably gonna start with Heroic).
2) Mythic 2.0

Since ODST comes out on a Tuesday, and I have school (D:) my nights will consist of just those two. Once it hits the weekend:

3) Finish up solo campaign (If I haven't already).
4) Firefight with 3 people.
5) Mythic 2.0
Kind of OT but I just noticed in your profile that we were born on the exact same day. What are the odds?

urk said:
We gave some away during E3 week and those coming to PAX will probably see some sweet t's on display. :)

You guys better not neglect PAX East....... Please?

My own ODST game plan:

Mythic 2.0 run-around
Solo campaign (easier to get the story)
Firefight/co-op campaign/Mythic matchmaking rest of week
Weekend Firefight/customs LAN party with college friends at the vH mansion. (Or should I say Manvshion?)

so pumped.

feel

Dax01 said:
Rendered a video from last night - Ghal and I Own.

My favorite part is when Ghal and I are taking turns defending the bomb while the other is trying to get back on top of the base.:lol

Edit - NVM.:D
That looked badass. I just turned on my xbox to do a video reply with our bomb run for the last minute tie, but my recent games section is already empty now.. curse you LP2 demo for devouring all the cache!! (or maybe it was Trials HD)

Thanks for the reply urk! xD

Blueblur1 said:
Thanks for quoting it. I didn't realize that he had posted.
No problem. I'm just excited, that's all.

EazyB said:
He never said "idiot" nor did he even really imply it. But let me go out of my way to say that anyone who would hold up beta access as a bullet-point for justifying a $60 purchase is an idiot. Has this console generation really tainted consumers so much they'd willingly and knowingly pay for a beta. Next thing you know you guys will be paying for demos (really close to same thing anyways these days). If a PC dev asked gamers to pay for a beta of their game they'd be laughed outta business, I'm far from a PC elitist but if this is what console gaming has become, I'mma jump ship.
Personally, I'm buying ODST for ODST and Firefight, not the Reach beta. I get the impression from what I've seen, anyone (Wu included) who lists the Reach beta as part of ODST lists it as an added bonus, not a reason to buy the game.

Uh, forgive me, but I've been looking over the last few pages, and I'm getting the sense that the new maps coming with ODST are NOT going to be released separately on the marketplace. Soooo is that true?

PedroLumpy said:
Uh, forgive me, but I've been looking over the last few pages, and I'm getting the sense that the new maps coming with ODST are NOT going to be released separately on the marketplace. Soooo is that true?

urk said:
Wouldn't bank on it. If we get details on a DLC plan though, we'll pass 'em on.

PedroLumpy said:
There hasn't been an announcement otherwise, so yes, it is true.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Rendered a video from last night - Ghal and I Own.

My favorite part is when Ghal and I are taking turns defending the bomb while the other is trying to get back on top of the base.:lol

Edit - NVM.:D
My favorite moment of the night. A perfect mix of flawless execution and Laurel and Hardy routine.

And note the indiscriminate Mongoose driving. If there's something blue in my way...I go straight. Pave the road guys!

big ander

A Penguin said:
Kind of OT but I just noticed in your profile that we were born on the exact same day. What are the odds?
Wow, that is pretty crazy. But that means we've had the exact same amount of time to get good at Halo, and you still owned me
and pretty much everyone
in customs last night.:lol

big ander

PedroLumpy said:
.. Holy crap. Any word on playlist integration? If those maps become required for playlists there could be a revolt.
urk said:

Maybe they'll bring Team Mythic back, and have that be the only Mythic 2.0 required playlist for a while, and then they'll make it required for a couple lists. SWAT, Doubles? I don't know. As long as they leave some basics open (I'd say TS, Social Slayer, Social Skirmish, Basic Training of course, and I don't know what else) people should be able to accept it.

Dax01 said:
About the M6C, did it exceed your expectations (usefulness, etc)?

The M6C is one of the aspects of ODST I'm most looking forward to. I'm extremely hyped to use it, just like I was for the MA5C and Halo 3.
I think it's worth mentioning that my TV had its volume turned all the way down. Turn on Halo 3 right now and shoot the BR with your volume turned down... Sound plays a huge part in how a game 'feels'. I am hoping/assuming some of my feeling of being underwhelmed with the pistol is coming from that.

It also didn't help that Ammo for it was incredibly scarce. I hardly got to use the thing, but when I did it was quite effective against grunts and jackals.

Why did you un-quote my post :(?

big ander said:

Maybe they'll bring Team Mythic back, and have that be the only Mythic 2.0 required playlist for a while, and then they'll make it required for a couple lists. SWAT, Doubles? I don't know. As long as they leave some basics open (I'd say TS, Social Slayer, Social Skirmish, Basic Training of course, and I don't know what else) people should be able to accept it.

:lol :lol

Yeah, right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom