• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
Argos is too far for me, I'm at work now and my bank decided to decline my card and send a new one right when Halo 3 is round the corner :<

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Just got back from Argos. Had a reservation number for 2 copies (mine and a friend), but the woman said they have only JUST got them on a delivery today, so I will be able to pick it up tomorrow.

I was so close. :(

Hopefully there isn't a company-wide notice sent out between now and tomorrow.

cjelly said:
Just got back from Argos. Had a reservation number for 2 copies (mine and a friend), but the woman said they have only JUST got them on a delivery today, so I will be able to pick it up tomorrow.

There will be... you will cry.

And Rowsdower, I literally saw the MST3K thing a couple of days ago.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
cjelly said:

I thought the notice had already gone out? :eek:

McBradders

Every time the excitement dies down, something new happens to bring it on again.

Also, now its out-ish in the UK, I need to go dark on XBL.

Sad day indeed :(

meddow

DSC00007.jpg

ban me from what buying a retail copy of a game?

LOL nub

zam

While replaying Halo I was thinking.. Why are there no sights on the Assault Rifle? How do the Marines that don't have the ability to smartlink the weapon to their hud and have a reticule show up aim that weapon?

The SMG and Shotgun have sights, and the BR and Sniper have the scopes, But how are you supposed to aim the AR without being a Spartan (or ODST, if they have a HUD inside those helmets).

Darkman M

Lé Blade Runner said:
Hopefully you lucky few who are already playing the game won't get banned...

And please, post spoiler-free impressions!

Only a dummy would get banned, just dont try to go online with it. Im not sure if bungie would ban retail buyers anyways makes no sense.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
What the hell, why did they quote The Sun on the box.

Out of all the places you could of got a quote, why them?

/EDIT/ Curses a few seconds too late /EDIT/

McBradders

Kroll GB said:
Just called Old Street branch- they're wise to it now! Not till the 24th at the earliest

Aww too bad, thanks for checking :D

I'm gonna prowl the two Woolies between here and home in a little over an hour.

"But Argos broke the damn release date, why won't yooooooou?!"

*cries*

Gowans

SHIT!

So got a txt from a mate round lunch time about argos.

Left my desk, drove to town centre (Sunderland) and rocked up. SOLD OUT!!! :( NO!!!
But the woman said she'd save me one for tomorrow (getting a overnight shipment) so I did and got the preorder slip stating so.

Anyway there's another Argos 10mins away so drove there, they had them in! Yes but some woman came up & said it was not out yet, DRAT!!!

They went and got the FAX that just said DONT NOT SELL HALO 3 bla bla. Anyway decided to try my luck and said it wasn't my problem as I have the recipt and its on them to provide me one as I just got in before the fax at the other Argos, the woman manager was having none of it and took my pre-order slip off me saying no chance as shed get in the shit.

BOO! People on my Friends list are playing :(

The chase for a early H3 might as well be a ARG :lol

EDIT:

I wonder if its worth going down at 9 saying I have taken the day off work and make a stink about it, whats one more copy :lol

Darkman M said:
Only a dummy would get banned, just dont try to go online with it. Im not sure if bungie would ban retail buyers anyways makes no sense.

Stinkles clearly said that they won't ban people for playing early.

Microsoft is even sending copies to amateur web sites right now.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
God darn it, spoilers are going to everywhere soon, am going to go live in a plastic bubble for the next few days with my fingers in my ears.

McBradders

Gowans007 said:
SHIT!

Left my desk, drove to town centre (Sunderland) and rocked up. SOLD OUT!!! :( NO!!!
But the woman said she'd save me one for tomorrow (getting a overnight shipment) so I did and got the preorder slip stating so.

Anyway there's another Argos 10mins away so drove there, they had them in! Yes but some woman came up & said it was not out yet, DRAT!!!

They went and got the FAX that just said DONT NOT SELL HALO 3 bla bla. Anyway decided to try my luck and said it wasn't my problem as I have the recipt and its on them to provide me one as I just got in before the fax at the other Argos, the woman manager was having none of it and took my pre-order slip off me saying no chance as shed get in the shit.

I feel for you man! I'm praying my Woolworths blag is going to work ;)

Gowans

Im gona try going down at 9 saying I have taken the day off work and make a stink about it, whats one more copy :lol

Sucks to be at work and late, maybe I'll also msg my friendslist with my mobile incase news drops again :D

Gowans007 said:
SHIT!

EDIT:

I wonder if its worth going down at 9 saying I have taken the day off work and make a stink about it, whats one more copy :lol
Last thing I would have done is let her hold that reserve slip, you fool!

Anyway, punishments for playing early or not I wish that they could lockout certan games untill a data like steam does, because it always sucks that leaks and early sales happen.

guise

Oh crap, are all Argos' now wise?

I dont know whether itll be a waste of my time hopping down to the Camden store after work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom