• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
zam said:
While replaying Halo I was thinking.. Why are there no sights on the Assault Rifle? How do the Marines that don't have the ability to smartlink the weapon to their hud and have a reticule show up aim that weapon?

The SMG and Shotgun have sights, and the BR and Sniper have the scopes, But how are you supposed to aim the AR without being a Spartan (or ODST, if they have a HUD inside those helmets).

Marines had Eye Pieces. I'd assume they had the smart link there.

marines.jpg

Though, the wisdom of a weapon that can't be aimed without electronic assistance seems pretty silly :lol

Kroll GB

guise said:
Oh crap, are all Argos' now wise?

I dont know whether itll be a waste of my time hopping down to the Camden store after work!

I spoke to a shop assistant at the old street store that said they have been informed that if they sell a single copy, they'll be sacked...

Gowans

Diablohead said:
Last thing I would have done is let her hold that reserve slip, you fool!

Anyway, punishments for playing early or not I wish that they could lockout certan games untill a data like steam does, because it always sucks that leaks and early sales happen.

Yeah its sucks but what can you do anpart from join the hunt.

yeah the reserve slip is wank but i'll still be on the system. :D

/grasps at straws :(

man, I feel so american right now. Shall we all compare cultural differences while we wait for halo 3? I'll start, I call it a sweater instead of a jumper!

Also, I love your beer england, Real Ale is a godly nectar that is without peer in the world.

Okay, I think I'm going anticipation crazy.

guise

Kroll GB said:
I spoke to a shop assistant at the old street store that said they have been informed that if they sell a single copy, they'll be sacked...

fuck.

McBradders said:
Holy crap you're in my neck of the woods?! :eek:

Haha where are you at? Surprised to see so many London gaffers about

Sanjuro

At the latest I'll have the game Friday, but that still isn't enough for me. I want it TODAY. My hype meter has gone off the charts. WHERE is teh soundtrack!?

guise

McBradders said:
Somewhere inbetween the bermuda triangle of Camden, Chalk Farm and Kentish Town tube stations.

Im round Euston - since you're closest i nominate you to run to Argos and determine whether they are breaking the street date!

Littleberu said:
Why would I get banned from buying the game early? It's the store that should be fined, not the customer.

They're probably talking about the old Epsilon beta.

Or the leaked final version on the net.

May be it is just me but it is more fun to start playing games on official release date with others than playing alone. At least for highly anticipated titles. :) I'm not even trying to find Halo 3. I can wait until Monday night.

Just wondering since many are playing early, have live servers been updated to track stats? We know Bungie website is not updated yet.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
guise said:
Im round Euston - since you're closest i nominate you to run to Argos and determine whether they are breaking the street date!

But I'm stuck at work in Archway right now :(

Also a friend contacted them and got denied, quite rudely to from what he said :eek:

homez99

Lé Blade Runner said:
Replies keep coming, but no spoiler-free impressions of the game?

Those of you who own it.. PLEASE.. Stop playing and post!

Ok then, I absolutely love it beyond measure, but I am a Halo fanboy.

N.A

Banned
Got the game from Argos in the UK. Been playing MP (splitscreen) all afternoon.

Saved films are awesome, spent more time on them than the actual game.

Will be starting the campaign tonight.

Hope I don't get banned from LIVE, I've done nothing wrong by buying the game.

I'm happy to answer any questions regarding multiplayer.

Gamertag: AllApologies17

MirageDwarf said:
May be it is just me but it is more fun to start playing games on official release date with others than playing alone. At least for highly anticipated titles. :) I'm not even trying to find Halo 3. I can wait until Monday night.

Just wondering since many are playing early, have live servers been updated to track stats? We know Bungie website is not updated yet.

Luke was in here earlier saying he could track stats from work. So the servers are probably keeping track but we wont be able to see anything ourselves until bungie.net updates.

It's been taken of the Argos website now, it comes up if you search for it but if you click it then it says "cannot be found" or some shit like that :-(

I tried Argos at lunchtime and was told they weren't getting them in until Monday, I also tried Woolies too and they didn't have a clue lol.

WH Smith never had any either.

Nor did Comet, Currys or PC World

I had a busy lunchtime, just about found time for a sandwich :lol

N.A said:
Got the game from Argos in the UK. Been playing MP (splitscreen) all afternoon.

Saved films are awesome, spent more time on them than the actual game.

Will be starting the campaign tonight.

Hope I don't get banned from LIVE, I've done nothing wrong by buying the game.

I'm happy to answer any questions regarding multiplayer.

Gamertag: AllApologies17

Is it similar to Halo 2, or does it really have a lot of innovations?

How are the graphics in MP?

Could you see yourself playing the MP for months, if not years, to come?

DoctorWho said:
He is one step away from enjoying furry fun.
I don't embrace furries, but Hair sex is one of the gifts from god. Just tie eachothers hair together at the back, and RUN

Sensual.

So it for sure is out there on the net? That'll make the spoiler dodging harder...

GhaleonEB

And another article on a similar topic here: http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,137324/article.html

Microsoft is wary of watering down "Halo," meaning it would rather walk away from deals for Master Chief pajamas or Covenant sippy cups.

"It's a balancing effort to be very, very careful that we don't over saturate and piss off our 15 million fans," said Brian Jarrard, franchise lead at Bungie, the game studio within Microsoft that created "Halo."

"We are obviously looking to broaden 'Halo' and make it accessible ... while at the same time, we want to keep feeding our core audience."

Microsoft had little experience in talking to toy makers and others about how to transfer an on-screen experience to real objects. But such experts exist in the licensing arms of movie studios, so Microsoft partnered with 20th Century Fox to act as the main licensing agent for the "Halo" brand.

Items that did not make the cut were a "Halo"-themed lottery ticket, lingerie modeled after a female hologram character and toy guns based the game's weapons. Instead, fans can expect high-quality action figures from McFarlane Toys, a tabletop game from WizKids Inc and replica weapons for mature buyers.
Cortana panties? Be still, my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom