• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orodreth

Congrats Homez.

Smidget said:
I've read it is region free.

Thanks, then i may not need the asian version after all or at least as fast. I was willing to pay th best shipping to get it asap.

I´ll see what i do with the asian version ( not sure if the dvd is multilingual, i may keep it to have both spanish and original voices)

Wolffen

Well, I just did a next day order off of newegg. If it doesn't show as shipping by tomorrow morning, I'll cancel the order. We'll see what happens.

Kroll GB

I think I'll wait, I'd rather just get the limited collectors on release day. It seems strange to me but getting the basic copy 5 days early feels like finding and opening your presents 5 days before christmas...

homez99

Kroll GB said:
I think I'll wait, I'd rather just get the limited collectors on release day. It seems strange to me but getting the basic copy 5 days early feels like finding and opening your presents 5 days before christmas...

I would've waited mate, but I'm moving to University next week and don't have pre-orders anywhere because of that. At least this way I'll get to experience some Xbox Live stuff, as I have no idea if my hall will allow me to access it at all.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
homez99 said:
I just have to say you are amazing good sir, look what I just got:

I walked for an hour to reach my nearest Argos store in Canterbury. They didn't have it behind the counter so I panicked, but I went to a special games argos catalogue, found the Halo 3 number, put it in the machine, it said 1 left. So, I scribbled the number down quickly and ran to the till, waited 15 minutes to order, it ordered all normally, and had to wait at the collection point for 2 minutes.

Thank you so very much! This is a warning to all Gaffers on my friends list, please be careful when going to my gamer profile, I don't want you to be spoiled by my current playing section or the achievements. Moreover, I won't spoil anything on these boards unless asked to, I am a HUGE Halo fan like all of you so I will use complete caution when talking about the game from now on. Thanks again cjelly, I owe you at least 50 fonejacker impressions now!

Brb, off to finish some fight or other.
Be sure to give us impressions as you play (without spoilers, of course).

homez99

Sorry for a further post, but it seems I've been invited to the Live launch event in London too! I hope some of you gaffers got in, how am I supposed to own both Jonathan Ross and Pharrel (sp?) Williams on my own?

1407722078_b5e7e2eb54_o.jpg

Can this day get any better?!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I've entered this launch party contest here too, winners even get a limo pickup

chance of winning: slim to none, but hey

Uncle

homez99 said:
Sorry for a further post, but it seems I've been invited to the Live launch event in London too! I hope some of you gaffers got in, how am I supposed to own both Jonathan Ross and Pharrel (sp?) Williams on my own?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1234/1407722078_b5e7e2eb54_o.jpg

What code? Is this the Adjutant thing? I lost interest in that one pretty quickly. Is there a summary somewhere (or was there even a story like in ILB)?

Just 3 more weekdays...

Uncle said:
What code? Is this the Adjutant thing? I lost interest in that one pretty quickly. Is there a summary somewhere (or was there even a story like in ILB)?
No. But it used similar art resources.

homez99

Uncle said:

Nah there was a separate thing on the Xbox.com UK site where you had to put a phrase in to unlock the code. I want to thank the gaffers who gave me the answer, especially the ever grand Urk, you rock man!

Chu-Fye

Banned
homez99 said:
Nah there was a separate thing on the Xbox.com UK site where you had to put a phrase in to unlock the code. I want to thank the gaffers who gave me the answer, especially the ever grand Urk, you rock man!

Hey dude... can I be your guest?
London based!!!

Heck, nothing beats a try!!!

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
cjelly said:
UK GAFers:

Someone on my Friends List has got the game. He said he just walked in to Argos and they had it behind the counter (like they do with most their games).

Just FYI.

Which Argos?

McBradders

homez99 said:

1407722078_b5e7e2eb54_o.jpg

Take me with you? :(

Cocopjojo said:
I bought it? From a guy who bought it from Microsoft? And I'm still buying the Legendary Edition (I've already paid it off)?

Also, someone PM me with what the friend request said, please.

I don't know if you answered this yet but how long did it take you to finish the fight?

homez99 said:
I just have to say you are amazing good sir, look what I just got:

1407575704_faf0676daf.jpg

I walked for an hour to reach my nearest Argos store in Canterbury. They didn't have it behind the counter so I panicked, but I went to a special games argos catalogue, found the Halo 3 number, put it in the machine, it said 1 left. So, I scribbled the number down quickly and ran to the till, waited 15 minutes to order, it ordered all normally, and had to wait at the collection point for 2 minutes.

Thank you so very much! This is a warning to all Gaffers on my friends list, please be careful when going to my gamer profile, I don't want you to be spoiled by my current playing section or the achievements. Moreover, I won't spoil anything on these boards unless asked to, I am a HUGE Halo fan like all of you so I will use complete caution when talking about the game from now on. Thanks again cjelly, I owe you at least 50 fonejacker impressions now!

Brb, off to finish some fight or other.

You might have just gotten that place fined/shutdown by posting the receipt.

homez99

McBradders said:
Which Argos?

Seems loads randomly across the country have been selling them early mate. Sorry, I cannot take you with me as a friend of mine who lives in London is providing lodgings for me in return for being my plus one. I hope you can understand and you aren't too disappointed.

armubaba

Cocopjojo said:
Graphics (this isn't PLOT-related at all, but it was something that surprised me about the visuals):

Congrats on making it through the Great Journey unscathed, brother.

I can only hope the same happens with me. But yeah, without spoiling anything, what'd you think of the story?

Mojovonio

Banned
Buttonbasher said:
As in only stay at GAF. If bad things happen here, Bail out. Read a book.

Yeah, i've been treading very carefully here.

But the hype hit me like a brick yesterday when I went to pre-order it with my buddy.

homez99

DoctorWho said:
You might have just gotten that place fined/shutdown by posting the receipt.

I apologise for that, but I didn't want to be called a liar or a thief, as I know how GAF victimises people. Moreover, it seems that loads of stores have been selling them today, so I guess Argos as a whole will be fined.

Buttonbasher said:
Nah, Flickr probably just left to go try to snag a copy of Halo 3 at Argos.

Nah, I made sure the image didn't show up. The address and information of the store is clearly listed on the receipt. When I worked in retail, all it took was one phone call to a hotline and a proof of early purchase to have these places dealt with.

If someone out there sees this who wants to get these guys in a lot of trouble - they now have the means.

DoctorWho said:
Nah, I made sure the image didn't show up. The address and information of the store is clearly listed on the receipt. When I worked in retail, all it took was one phone call to a hotline and a proof of early purchase to have these places dealt with.

If someone out there sees this who wants to get these guys in a lot of trouble - they now have the means.
Oh. Smart.

homez99 said:
I apologise for that, but I didn't want to be called a liar or a thief, as I know how GAF victimises people. Moreover, it seems that loads of stores have been selling them today, so I guess Argos as a whole will be fined.

Take another picture of just the case and upload the new image. The person might get fired for selling it to you early. Hell, people on the net have been fired within hours for doing something they weren't supposed to do.

McBradders

homez99 said:
Seems loads randomly across the country have been selling them early mate. Sorry, I cannot take you with me as a friend of mine who lives in London is providing lodgings for me in return for being my plus one. I hope you can understand and you aren't too disappointed.

Hahah I honestly didn't expect you to XD

But congrats, maybe there's still time for me to get one too :eek:

TomO said:
Just to confirm that Argos in the UK have indeed broken the street date, at least in some stores.

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/19-09-2007-6491.html

lawls. If all their stores are doing it I don't want to think of the fine. If I remember correctly, the fine was by store but don't quote me on that.

t seems an administration error on Argos' website this morning allowed a reservation for the game, which is expected to sell millions of copies when it is released on 26 September in the UK, and gave us a pick up date of between today, 19 September, and tomorrow, 20 September. Clearly, retailers already have Halo 3 in stock now right now.

Kroll GB

Yeah, me too mate, I live 5 mins away from the IMAX so if I do end up getting one, fancy a few bevvies before hand?

Also, for all those who didn't get in via the xbox.com comp, apparently the Daily Telegraph has some kind of a way in on saturday and Kiss FM are doing a comp on Tuesday 25th.

homez99

DoctorWho said:
Take another picture of just the case and upload the new image. The person might get fired for selling it to you early. Hell, people on the net have been fired within hours for doing something they weren't supposed to do.

I just blacked out the extremely sensitive stuff now, as Argos' everywhere have broken the date. Thanks for pointing out my error though.

homez99 said:
I just blacked out the extremely sensitive stuff now, as Argos' everywhere have broken the date. Thanks for pointing out my error though.

No worries, the excitement would have gotten to me too.

FFChris

cjelly said:
UK GAFers:

Someone on my Friends List has got the game. He said he just walked in to Argos and they had it behind the counter (like they do with most their games).

Just FYI.

God dammit.

On your info, just checked stock in my local store (they had two left) went and walked down, and the women at the counter said they had them in, but the 2 they had left got reserved as I was walking down to the store. :lol

To think, I was down that shopping centre an hour before that buying shoes. I checked Currys and Comet, but failed to check Argos.

FFChris said:
God dammit.

On your info, just checked stock in my local store (they had two left) went and walked down, and the women at the counter said they had them in, but the 2 they had left got reserved as I was walking down to the store. :lol

To think, I was down that shopping centre an hour before that buying shoes. I checked Currys and Comet, but failed to check Argos.

Why didn't you reserve through their system?

Nice UKers! My NYC store said they would call me when they got it in to sell it to me early, but now a different employee had no clue what I was talking about. Yet now it seems NYC stores are just getting the game, so I patiently wait by my telephone...

FFChris

Ghost said:
Nothing Halo 3 related is working for me on the Argos site now :-/

That's probably because their reserve system is being attacked by thousands of rabid UK gamers.

Edit: Oh wow, they have taken Halo 3 off their system completely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom