• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothpick

Vyse The Legend said:
I just noticed something interesting in the manual. There is a a option called "Bungie Pro," which says "Join Bungie Pro to upgrade your file share capacity on XBL." Is this free? Hope so.
No, it costs MS points. I believe it was 800 per year. Not sure though..

edit: answered already..

Tieno

Vyse The Legend said:
I just noticed something interesting in the manual. There is a a option called "Bungie Pro," which says "Join Bungie Pro to upgrade your file share capacity on XBL." Is this free? Hope so.
No, Bungie Pro is for the rare heavy user, mostly machiname makers. It costs points.
The standard size and space should be ok for almost everyone one.

Vyse The Legend said:

No its not free. But apparently you'll only need it if you're super, super hardcore.

Vyse The Legend said:
That's not so bad. Anyone know how much more space you get?

B.net-lukems said:
Saved films take up the most space, and 25MB should be enough to hold several longish 16-player games. We don't think the average user will be hurting for space.

"But wait!" you exclaim, "I'm not a merely *average* user! I plan to win every motion picture award there is with my exquisitely choreographed, epic-length saved films!" And *that* is where Bungie Pro comes in. "Bungie Pro?" you ask, an eyebrow raised. "I'm listening." While we can't give huge amounts of free storage to every one of our users, (note that unlike webmail sites, Bungie.net remains ad-free,) we're happy to accommodate power users with a premium storage option that we've dubbed Bungie Pro. Inside your file share, you'll find a button that will lead to an Xbox Live Marketplace panel, offering you a one-year "subscription" to Bungie Pro for a planned 750 Points. Buy this, and for the following year, your file share will balloon to 24 slots and 250MB. At the end of the year, you'll be asked to either re-subscribe, or else bring your share back under the default limit before you can upload new content. (750 Points comes to about 78 cents per month, by the way.)

Ups it from 25 meg storage to 250 meg.

_dd_

EvaPlusMinus said:
Something like 25mb to 250mb. Don't remember the rest.

25mb is your Default Share space (free)

250mb is your Default Share space with Bungie Pro

*edit*

Foiled again pinky.

Barnolde

Banned
Vyse The Legend said:
Can I just tell you (too lazy to take pic and upload right now :lol )?

Players 1-4
Co-op
System Link 2-16
HDTV 720p/1080i/1080p
Optimized for HDD
Online MP 2-16
Content Download
Leaderboards
Voice
File Sharing

I never understood why they put 1080p on the boxes. Started with Superman, Sonic and Lost Planet, now it's on pretty much everything. Even older games like Fight Night (PH) have it on there.

FightyF said:
You're just looking for the "Hard Drive Required" logo, aren't you?
I know it utilized the HDD extensively and I just wanted to see the new way they noted that, since MS loves to change it up.

Flock said:
I just realized i clicked this junior members link without thinking. wow , could of turned out bad.

I'm not like that. I actually CARE about the story. I'm a HUGE Halo whore. :lol

Besides, if you just mouse-over the link it shows that it goes to Newegg.

zam

Just filled upp my account with MS Points for Bungie Pro (Bungie is really taking all my money, Legendary Edition AND Bungie Pro :D ). Now I'm ready for Halo 3

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Ajemsuhgao said:

Newegg to deliver a list of spoilers and dirty laundry confirmed.

No internets are safe.

Ajemsuhgao said:
IN STOCK YOU SAY?

Too bad I don't have the money to just buy that now. Oh well, five more days and it's mine...from Gamestop.

I ordered it. Next day shipping was only 15 bucks. It came out to the same as buying it in a store. Now I just have to wait and see if they ship it. If they give me some sass about not being able to sell it yet I'll just cancel.

Orodreth

Coming back to the thread just to warn you.

I got a friend invite with a stupid gamertag thats supposed to be a halo3 spoiler. Dont know if any of you has received it also, and the problem is that being a live message i think its something you cant avoid even if you delete it right away.

I fear someone read the online thread with all our gamertags and is "having fun" sending that kind of messages to piss off the people most interested in the game.

voltron

Barnolde said:

I never understood why they put 1080p on the boxes. Started with Superman, Sonic and Lost Planet, now it's on pretty much everything. Even older games like Fight Night (PH) have it on there.

I know it utilized the HDD extensively and I just wanted to see the new way they noted that, since MS loves to change it up.

Do you still not know? Its because the 360 scales to 1080p now. Most games are native 720p, but some such that street basketball game from EA are actually native 1080p. Not sure how many but its not much.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Orodreth said:

I got a friend invite with a stupid gamertag thats supposed to be a halo3 spoiler. Dont know if any of you has received it also, and the problem is that being a live message i think its something you cant avoid even if you delete it right away.

I fear someone read the online thread with all our gamertags and is "having fun" sending that kind of messages to piss off the people most interested in the game.

Yeah, its a massacre a few pages back.

Christ I hate my compulsion to highlight text as a means of fiddling around while reading. It's lread to some very close spills where either I quickly realize what I'm doing or fortunate enough to to highlight a real spoiler.

Tieno

Orodreth said:

I have the same friend request...People need to get a life ffs

DON'T CHECK FRIEND REQUESTS! CONTAINS SPOILERS!!

PaulRTC

Orodreth said:

Yeah, I just got a friend request from a person who had a spoiler as a name. That is a horrific trick - it would pop up when you log on to your xbox etc. Can you disable friend requests entirely? Luckily this one was a very short name and I don't feel very spoiled; didn't seem very legitimate so I've decided to go about my business assuming it is uninformed (I may be somewhat deluding myself but it's for Great Justice).

I'd appreciate it if no one publically verified whether this spoiler is true or false.

Orodreth

Router said:
Yeah, its a massacre a few pages back.

Fuck, so i bailed out of this thread to try and be as unspoiled as possible and in the end it would have been better to stay longer. Maybe being warned already could have deleted the message without reading it.

What pisses me off the most is actually not having read the message but knowing that there are stupid and mean enough people to loose their time doing something like this.

Killer

Banned
Flesh Into Gear said:
I ordered it. Next day shipping was only 15 bucks. It came out to the same as buying it in a store. Now I just have to wait and see if they ship it. If they give me some sass about not being able to sell it yet I'll just cancel.
I just did the same thing... hope they don't screw me over !

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
UK GAFers:

Someone on my Friends List has got the game. He said he just walked in to Argos and they had it behind the counter (like they do with most their games).

Just FYI.

Prine

Banned
times like this I thank that i dont live gaming 24/7 like i used to. I hardly game on XBL, and dont frequent these forums as much as i used to.

Halo 3 will remain fresh for me. Im not going to check my PMs either, just in case

cjelly said:
UK GAFers:

Someone on my Friends List has got the game. He said he just walked in to Argos and they had it behind the counter (like they do with most their games).

Just FYI.

brilliant

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
I've got it. I bought it off eBay three days ago for a ridiculously good price. I saw the same guy selling more copies later for $150+. I bought it for less than $100, and am selling it to a friend when I pick up my Legendary edition on the 25th. Anyway, I had it overnighted to me.

I've finished the campaign.

This is the first time I've been back to GAF since I left a few weeks ago in fear of a leak. I'm utterly exhausted and partially delirious from staring at my computer monitor for the past... well, for the past few hours (I don't want to say anything that might ruin anything for anyone).

Has anyone else on here gotten it yet? And also, will I get a 9,999 year ban if I sign into Live before the 25th? I haven't signed in while playing yet.

PaulRTC

Thanks cjelly, just tried checking the stock at my local Argos but no dice. :(

Would have been really convenient for me getting it before I go down to University (23rd), as it is I've had to order it to be delivered to an address I haven't even been to yet, and I'm a little concerned about the University postal system too.

Edit:
Cocop! Nice find. Vyse has it too.

Lakitu

st5fu
Cocopjojo said:
I've got it. I bought it off eBay three days ago for a ridiculously good price. I saw the same guy selling more copies later for $150+. I bought it for less than $100, and am selling it to a friend when I pick up my Legendary edition on the 25th. Anyway, I had it overnighted to me. I just finished campaign.

This is the first time I've been back to GAF since I left a few weeks ago in fear of a leak. I'm utterly exhausted and partially delirious from staring at my computer monitor for the past... well, for the past few hours (I don't want to say anything that might ruin anything for anyone).

Has anyone else on here gotten it yet? And also, will I get a 9,999 year ban if I sign into Live before the 25th? I haven't signed in while playing yet.

What did you think of the campaign if I may ask? (Spoiler-free plz)

Flesh Into Gear said:

I ordered it too, next day shipping. Let's see what happens

voltron

Orodreth said:
Fuck, so i bailed out of this thread to try and be as unspoiled as possible and in the end it would have been better to stay longer. Maybe being warned already could have deleted the message without reading it.

-edit-

Can you guys please SHUT THE FUCK UP. Now understand I know nothing of any spoilers or didnt get the friend request. But when you say shit like that I can only assume that because a gamertag can only have a certain amount of letters and you say its a possible ending what else can it be other than ChiefDies or something?

Seriously dont even say what it was about.... I fell for you having been spoiled but as we are all intelligent here we can figure out stuff like that pretty easy.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Could everyone giving impressions of the campaign please give short reviews of the Halo: CE and Halo 2 campaigns? I'd like to be able to gauge whether your opinions are worth a shit.

PaulRTC

TAJ said:
Could everyone giving impressions of the campaign please give short reviews of the Halo: CE and Halo 2 campaigns? I'd like to be able to gauge whether your opinions are worth a shit.
I think we're lucky for any impressions we get - that's time spent away from Halo 3!

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Lakitu said:
What did you think of the campaign if I may ask? (Spoiler-free plz)

I'm not going to mention any specific character, event, or use any names of any type. This is just a very general statement on what I thought of it. And while I want to give my opinion on the ending, I won't even do that. This will be about as vague as it gets, sorry - even spoilerizing it, I don't want to risk someone getting too curious and reading something they shouldn't.

My advice to people who haven't played the game yet - don't read this:

It was utterly fantastic. It wasn't flawless, but it was very, very, very good. The meat of this game will be in its replay value. I can't even begin to fathom how many hours I will spend with friends playing campaign, watching films of those ventures, and tooling around in multiplayer. But mostly campaign. It was SO much fun. I actually enjoyed dying at certain times just so I could replay the section I'd just played. Man, there are so many memorable moments. I really can't wait to play through this with some folks online. Hah, I can't believe I'm done with campaign and I'm just as excited as I was before I played - this game has more replay value than every other game ever created, put together.

Let me say this: I do not have any major complaints with the game. There were small things that bugged me - enough to make a decent list out of. But none of them are even remotely significant in the grand scheme of things.

I want to say so much more, but I won't right now.

voltron

Cocopjojo said:
It was utterly fantastic. It wasn't flawless, but it was very, very, very good. The meat of this game will be in its replay value. I can't even begin to fathom how many hours I will spend with friends playing campaign, watching films of those ventures, and tooling around in multiplayer. But mostly campaign. It was SO much fun. I actually enjoyed dying at certain times just so I could replay the section I'd just played. Man, there are so many memorable moments. I really can't wait to play through this with some folks online. Hah, I can't believe I'm done with campaign and I'm just as excited as I was before I played - this game has more replay value than every other game ever created, put together.

Let me say this: I do not have any major complaints with the game. There were small things that bugged me - enough to make a decent list out of. But none of them are even remotely significant in the grand scheme of things.

word.

Cocopjojo said:
I'm not going to mention any specific character, event, or use any names of any type. This is just a very general statement on what I thought of it. And while I want to give my opinion on the ending, I won't even do that. This will be about as vague as it gets, sorry - even spoilerizing it, I don't want to risk someone getting too curious and reading something they shouldn't.

My advice to people who haven't played the game yet - don't read this:

I want to say so much more, but I won't right now.

Thanks.

Care to comment on the visuals, presentation and audio (without going into details).

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Cocopjojo said:
spoiler'd stuff

First 2 sentences were all I needed. Didn't read the rest.

Also, guy who is spoilering everyone on live. Send a message to me: "Chickeny Dinner" is my GT. I just want to make sure I don't go on live again til i'm done with the game.

PaulRTC

Thanks for the comments Cocop. :)

I'll probably just be receiving the game by post a week from now, I'm a little too excited and those comments only fuelled my anticipation. :p

Flock

Ajemsuhgao said:

Safari doesn't, but i see your intentions were pure. Apologies!

voltron said:
Sorry man Im just freaking out a bit. Didnt mean to come off so harsh.

I seriously feel like a retarted crack head, i need this game so bad... i can't stop thinking about it. Then i'm so paranoid of spoilers like trusting nobody, even friends on msn who link me to funny youtube vids.

I'm gone from everywhere except gaf. Which is sort of like this haven teetering on destruction.

I might go play Klonoa 2.

Hi,

First sorry for my english, I'm French.

If you have Halo 3 and if you play it online, gamertags on your console will be deleted by Microsoft ! So be careful and don't play Halo 3 before 25th.

Even, if you play Halo 3 offline, change your console date, because when you'll sign in the next time, Microsoft will can see if you played it before, thanks to your gamercard.

Again, sorry for my english.

Moegames

Banned
Well it looks like pirates will be having a good time today.. Halo 3 has just been leaked on the internets.. bummer, i hate it when those asswipes get to play these games so early and for free.. owell, what goes around comes around.. thats what my momma always told me:D

And no its not fake..its the real deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom