• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Lothar

Banned
Something is wrong with Artie. He's gone full antagonist. Or maybe he's just drawing attention towards his own professional endeavors, I dunno. He sorta wigged out last week with Jackie.

How do you mean? About Howard? I think he's right to feel insulted that Howard won't even take ads for his book. And Jackie is too afraid to ask Howard to be on his documentary because he knows he'll say no.

NYR

Joey hadn't got a lot of ariplay the past couple years but he was a funny guy. Will be missed :(

Jeff is up next.
He got on a lot last year and early in the year, HPE became the defecto replacement for Erik. The show had HPE on a lot until he started taking advantage and got that shitty airtime promo for that trainer and it ruined his chances at more appearances.

He got on a lot last year and early in the year, HPE became the defecto replacement for Erik. The show had HPE on a lot until he started taking advantage and got that shitty airtime promo for that trainer and it ruined his chances at more appearances.

Yeah there were some forced bits with HPE but most of the stuff focuses on him and not Joey. The bit of them moving together was funny. 49 is crazy young too but really none of these guys are in good shape.

smurfx

get some go again
Benjy and most of us know that Howard just wanted to make sure Benjy knew it was a big deal to be late, but that Benjy was never in real danger of being fired. At this point in Howard's life, I just don't believe he wants any change at all.

Firing the guy who writes him jokes all day long would mean having to bring someone new in who doesn't know the deal. It's not happening and Benjy knows it no matter how much Howard huffs and puffs. It's the same reason Fred knows he has job security even though Howard hates his guts.
why would howard hate fred?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
CNN is really the worst.

Front page reads "stern show cast member dies"

I thought it was Gary, or even Robin.

It was Joey boots, sad but come on, how the F do you call him a cast member.

Lothar

Banned
CNN is really the worst.

No, Dailymail is the worst. They fucking called him Howard Stern's sidekick.

Grinchy

Banned
I guess we're still wondering how he died. It's a shame because he had just won that money and seemed like he was going to have an improved life.

NYR

CNN is really the worst.

It's called click bait. For them, they are happy because it worked.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Whoa, I didn't know there was a thread for Howard on gaf until now. I was always a fan of his show, but since I grew up in Georgia all I had to go on was the E show and Private Parts. I just subscribed recently and haven't missed a show or a Sternthology in months. So I feel like I've caught up, ha.

Have to say that having George back on the show felt really good, especially after all the speculation that Howard alienated him.

The Kree

Banned
How do you mean? About Howard? I think he's right to feel insulted that Howard won't even take ads for his book. And Jackie is too afraid to ask Howard to be on his documentary because he knows he'll say no.

I'm not saying his feelings are wrong about what's supposedly going on, but he's leaning too heavily on hearsay at this point. I realize Artie is big on self destruction, but he might be on the verge of bringing other people down with him if he keeps talking about stuff that goes on at Sirius. It's just weird that he won't let it go.

NYR

Man, fuck Robin. That Matthew McConaughey interview was ruined for me by her interrupting so much with pointless fodder. The interview wasn't great to begin with but her addition was just awful.

Grinchy

Banned
Robin is really awful at chiming in on the interviews. She's been there for decades and still doesn't know how to do it. And now that she's going senile, it's even worse.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
They try to turn Memet into a character, but seems like the only interesting thing about him is...wait, there's not much interesting about him.

mattiewheels

#cleanyourcock

NYR

Disappointed Howard didn't call out Lena Dunham on her fuckery outside of the whole moving to Canada shit. She has said some orettt stupid shit the last 6 months. I didn't figure he would go hard anyways, but does show how neutered he is.

Disappointed Howard didn't call out Lena Dunham on her fuckery outside of the whole moving to Canada shit. She has said some orettt stupid shit the last 6 months. I didn't figure he would go hard anyways, but does show how neutered he is.

I had to turn the interview off because her partner had terrible vocal fry.

mattiewheels

Hatred for Lena Dunham seems to unite everyone on the internet, I find her ok personally for some reason. It's very funny though that he questioned the Bachelor about whether vocal fry drives him crazy when he ignored that friend of hers croaking like a frog.

Man I love Wolfie segments. After getting into the show his investigative stuff is pretty well done, and he's got a good demeanor. He must have that face that says, "Hey, go ahead and say the most sexist or racist thing possible, it's all good".

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Everytime i see this thread bumped my heart sinks a little anticipating the death of the next wack packer

Lothar

Banned
Everyone seems to hate Howard now. Artie and Grillo rip into him hardcore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnfb-COpLBA

Because they think he hates them. They're both banned from the show. Artie should be angry if Howard really doesn't allow advertising from his book to be on the show. That's kind of fucked up.

Every time this thread gets bumped, I think someone died too because this thread isn't very active. So I figure something major had to happen. Gaf doesn't seem to like Stern much.

NYR

Fuck Artie. He is a bitter loser who messed up the biggest opportunity he ever had by becoming a fucking Heroin addict. Of course he is talking shit, it is the only way he gets attention nowadays.

mattiewheels

There was only one way for this weird Cold War between Artie and Howard to go, since there's so much insecurity and passive aggressiveness on both sides. But I get why Howard originally wanted him to stay away, he really didn't want to retrigger the guy.

Dalek

Fuck Artie. He is a bitter loser who messed up the biggest opportunity he ever had by becoming a fucking Heroin addict. Of course he is talking shit, it is the only way he gets attention nowadays.

Fuck you Artie.

Six six six motherfucker! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him!

mattiewheels

Grinchy

Banned
Even with all the mean things he said about Jackie, he still let Jackie come back on the show and is still willing to talk about him.

But when it comes to anyone else, they're dead once they're gone. The HowardTV guys basically never existed as far as Howard is concerned.

NYR

Once you leave the show you no longer matter to Howard. Artie should have known that.
The only one who didn't deserve it was John. Jackie was a jackass and history has shown he left a fortune on the table for his ego. Artie, don't get me started.

As for former staff, that is a bit ridiculous and a double standard, do you talk to people you used to work with all the time, if at all? Does your former CEO touch base with you if you left a company? Don't think so.

The only one who didn't deserve it was John. Jackie was a jackass and history has shown he left a fortune on the table for his ego. Artie, don't get me started.

As for former staff, that is a bit ridiculous and a double standard, do you talk to people you used to work with all the time, if at all? Does your former CEO touch base with you if you left a company? Don't think so.

It isn't about him being friends with any of these people. Even though he claimed to Artie's bro. Its about how he either shits on the people that leave or just pretends they never existed.

Even happened to Gilbert

NYR

It isn't about him being friends with any of these people. Even though he claimed to Artie's bro. Its about how he either shits on the people that leave or just pretends they never existed.

Even happened to Gilbert

Gilbert spit in people's food. It's not funny, it's obscene and gross, he deserved what happened to him. I would ban anyone from my home if they fucked with my food. There is a lot more there than we know, sounds like Gilbert was a fucking dick to people in the back.

Gilbert spit in people's food. It's not funny, it's obscene and gross, he deserved what happened to him. I would ban anyone from my home if they fucked with my food. There is a lot more there than we know, sounds like Gilbert was a fucking dick to people in the back.

He wasn't banned for that. He was on the show a year later.

mattiewheels

"I...I...I don't like...talking Arties"

Dalek

"I...I...I don't like...talking Arties"

I don't like talking CHAIRS
I don't like talking CLOCKS
that for little kids
I just
That is not in real life
You know
People will say yeah but you talk to your dog
Alright because dogs are friends and you talk to your dog
It's just not real enough for me.