• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Kirby Superstar Ultra Thread that poops on Subspace Emissary

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Hey, I'm all for the idea. Maybe we could each take a couple of games and try to narrow down the best songs in each. :D

And if we're lucky, it'll turn out half as good as Sciz's Sonic thread. :p

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I love this game so much, I got back into after I put it in my DSi - So colourful and beautiful :D

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Finally reached 100%
beating True Arena with Rock ability (so cheap.)

I love this game. I can't deny it.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
EvilMario said:
Finally reached 100%
beating True Arena with Rock ability (so cheap.)

I love this game. I can't deny it.

The only ability cheaper
in the True Arena
than Stone is Hammer. :D

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I've been playing this game recently, so much fun (first time too for Superstar!). But I'm not really feeling the button setup. I'm sure I'll get use to it but it feels kinda odd. I wonder why they didn't just use the same button setup as the other kirby games.

HUELEN10

I bought this game today. They didn't fuck it up control-wise! So far I am very impressed at this remake, and it looks and sounds great on DSi. BTW, Snack Tracks is awesome! I wonder how long it will take to unlock Revenge of the King, but I know it will be worth it for it is awesome (I've seen it played).

dani_dc

So play-asia seems to be selling this for 13 euros, rather less than I can find it in Europe.

Wondering if anyone knows if the japanese version has english?
Not that I expect the game need much reading, but more for convenience sake.

Tom_Cody

Sorry to bump for this question, but I didn't want to make a new thread.

I'm trying to decide whether I should get this on the virtual console or the DS. Is the added content worthwhile?

Tom_Cody said:

I'm trying to decide whether I should get this on the virtual console or the DS. Is the added content worthwhile?

Its mainly cosmetic as far as the additions are concerned. However I would recommend the DS outing over the original for sharpen visuals and newer FMVs

Firestorm

Tom_Cody said:

As much as I love DD, I don't trust Nintendo all. Get it on DS.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Tom_Cody said:

The new modes in KSSU are pretty good. I would only get the console version if you seriously intend to use the multilayer feature.

Tom_Cody

Thanks guys. I guess I'm leaning towards the DS version then.

One more question: Is it true the difficulty was watered down for the DS version? I have always considered limited difficulty to be the one major flaw in the Kirby series.

Sciz

Tom_Cody said:
Thanks guys. I guess I'm leaning towards the DS version then.

One more question: Is it true the difficulty was watered down for the DS version? I have always considered limited difficulty to be the one major flaw in the Kirby series.
I'll just quote myself from a couple years ago.

Sciz said:
People keep saying this, but I really, really don't think it's actually true in most cases. Even my complaint about Kracko was unfounded. Which isn't to say that there aren't some differences; Beam has been slightly buffed (and it needed it, frankly. In contrast, Mirror Cut feels a hair slower.), and I've noticed the occasional instance where you used to be attacked without warning has been removed. But I'm almost certain that health and damage remains all but untouched. Some thorough experimenting with the RPG bosses should prove it one way or the other.
Sciz said:
The reactor has always taken three hits without a helper, four with. Everything gets a small health buff if you have one around. Again, the Combo Cannon is the only boss I'll swear got a nerf.

I think Fire is the same, speaking as someone who always liked it in KSS. Ice's only buff was getting infinite Freeze. Jet charges faster and who knows what else, I never used the thing. Wing got some range and damage buffs. Beam also got a damage buff.
The game, for most reasons and purposes, feels and plays exactly like its original incarnation. And some of the extra content actually does get legitimately challenging, not just hard for a Kirby game.

Tom_Cody

Sciz said:
I'll just quote myself from a couple years ago.

The game, for most reasons and purposes, feels and plays exactly like its original incarnation. And some of the extra content actually does get legitimately challenging, not just hard for a Kirby game.
Thanks. That probably answers my question as thoroughly as possible.

Top Bottom