• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Left 4 Dead Thread

vertopci said:
If you can see the survivors, even thru a tiny crack in the wall, the meter doesn't drop.
Yeah. But going behind the train car made me a sitting duck since they were on the offensive, and I couldn't get to the ladder. I'll try and keep a cooler head next time. XD

Red Scarlet

vertopci said:
If you can see the survivors, even thru a tiny crack in the wall, the meter doesn't drop.

Can you make a demo of that some time? I always hear that, and I can look directly at them and lose the meter.

Blizzard

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Can you make a demo of that some time? I always hear that, and I can look directly at them and lose the meter.
It's odd. I've seen it done on Dead Air 5 where the tank can get behind the metal wall of an airport gate but watch the survivors way down below in the distance. But sometimes you can see the survivors through trees or around a train car and it still seems to sometimes go down.

Who isn't jumping on the L4D2 bandwagon quite right away? I've promised myself I wouldn't buy it for a few more months, since I still believe I haven't played this as much I would have liked. It may also be hard for me to find nice people to play with. Anyone interested in some games at night for the rest of this year?

PC version
Have Mic,
am shy
Intersted mostly in Advanced Campaign, don't really like Versus
Survival might be cool

I am

Probably good at following orders
Will not try to shoot Witch, but
May be temped to meelee Tank

Available 7-10PM central time
Steam ID- Ekamp_008

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
vertopci said:
GGs tonight!

I enjoyed both games. Blizz and I made the second game a relaxed game for our team. Except for the part where Blizz picked Anchovie as our target to harass and take out. And to think that Blizz was calling us mean :lol

Dead Air was good tonight, but it's still my least favorite campaign.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
We need to schedule a L4D2 game.
I played the demo on my own with some randos and really didn't enjoy it.

It's just "different."
It was really unnerving.. I mean, could I really not like the sequel to L4D?

PC, btw.

Sibylus

Banned
That happened after you three jerks played with danger and tried to leapfrog the Tanks or stop to have a chat or some shit. I was taken out by a small and agile jumping zombie out from the trees, whereas you people fell to a Goliathesque zombie set on fire and howling like a newborn.

PROTOLF FOREVER

Show us some pro Twig videos, quit hiding them!

Sibylus

Banned
He would have exploded in seconds and pushed you off anyway. Even if he didn't explode, you were still within range of that smoker and would have been pulled no matter what (you were boomed before falling off, so you wouldn't have seen it). QED.

Twig

Banned
Blizzard said:
That tank music is amazing. What is that?
Scatman stuff. Um, Capndrake had the link to it! Somewhere! I don't have the link, sorry. D:

P.S. one last video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ3C9Wv934k

I totally did not die and yet it says I did. I don't know how many times I've finished DT on expert now... AND IT NEVER STICKS. STUPID CHEESEMINT.

I believe it's because we didn't let Botolf die.

Also notsol337 fell through the boat, lol.

Kade

Sorry I left the game prematurely last night. I just realized that Sunday after 4:00PM EST is never a good time for me to start playing a game. Wish I could apologize to you personally vertopci, but it appears that you have deleted me from your friends list.

Volcynika

dygiT said:
Sorry I left the game prematurely last night. I just realized that Sunday after 4:00PM EST is never a good time for me to start playing a game. Wish I could apologize to you personally vertopci, but it appears that you have deleted me from your friends list.

Just be more pro man, he'll add you back when you are.

vertopci

dygiT said:

Meh, add me back whenever.

olore

So... Left 4 Dead is left for dead by Valve now or what? Or do they count on an active scene to keep generating content for it? *shrugs*

L4D2 demo was pretty ok.

Haeleos

olore said:
So... Left 4 Dead is left for dead by Valve now or what? Or do they count on an active scene to keep generating content for it? *shrugs*

L4D2 demo was pretty ok.

Gabe Newell has said numerous times in recent interviews that they are still going to be supporting the original game. Nothing specific though.

Sibylus

Banned
Haeleos said:
Gabe Newell has said numerous times in recent interviews that they are still going to be supporting the original game. Nothing specific though.
Heard talk of 4v4 matchmaking being one of the additions coming to the original game.

Holy crap there's an RE2 police station campaign, I didn't know any of those were out. There are also going to be full RE1, RE2, and RE3 scenarios out eventually :D

The RE1 scenario looks especially amazing!
Progenitor_Project_screen1.jpg

I think this was posted several thousand pages back, actually!

Botolf said:
Heard talk of 4v4 matchmaking being one of the additions coming to the original game.

really?

[-]November 9, 2009 - Left 4 Dead Update Released

Updates to Left 4 Dead have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Left 4 Dead

Fixed a crash related to a Crash Course achievement

Fixed an issue were bots and computer controlled special infected were being reported via "View Game Info"

Added Team Versus 4 on 4 competitive matchmaking

Volcynika

Blue Geezer said:
really?

Updates to Left 4 Dead have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Left 4 Dead

Fixed an issue were bots and computer controlled special infected were being reported via "View Game Info"

Well I'll be damned.

Sibylus

Banned
Blue Geezer said:
really?

Left 4 Dead

Oh shit, didn't think it was landing so early :lol

vertopci

So apparently the update made connecting to servers a bit difficult...so morningbus, nabs, pillow and I were forced to play vanilla l4d.

Dear god...such a fucking piece of shit. No guaranteed tanks every level, kits like mad. What a piece of fucking shit. So easy to fucking make it to the saferoom with over 185 HP bonus while not even fucking trying. Not to mention skeets easy as fucking pie.

What a piece of shit

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
This update is shit and it makes me feel like a piece of shit.

Vanilla L4D is pretty disappointing, too. I'm not as 100% anti-kit as vert, but god damn does there need to be a tank every level. 2 every level if there are kits, even.

Nabs

yeah the default setup is horrible. we were able to just dick around until the end, and still end with like a 190 health bonus.

and team matchmaking sucks. i was hoping for a way to combine lobbies, or jump into a lobby w/ 2 or 3 friends.

vertopci

Nabs said:
yeah the default setup is horrible. we were able to just dick around until the end, and still end with like a 190 health bonus.

and team matchmaking sucks. i was hoping for a way to combine lobbies, or jump into a lobby w/ 2 or 3 friends.

Plus it fucking forced us to fucking local host without asking. What a piece of shit

Concept17

vertopci said:
So apparently the update made connecting to servers a bit difficult...so morningbus, nabs, pillow and I were forced to play vanilla l4d.

Dear god...such a fucking piece of shit. No guaranteed tanks every level, kits like mad. What a piece of fucking shit. So easy to fucking make it to the saferoom with over 185 HP bonus while not even fucking trying. Not to mention skeets easy as fucking pie.

What a piece of shit

So do you guys just play campaign?

Jenga

Banned
Actually this is something I noticed after playing a few vanilla games after playing the CEVO config games with you guys.

Fucking 20 medkits per level lol

vertopci

Jenga said:
Actually this is something I noticed after playing a few vanilla games after playing the CEVO config games with you guys.

Fucking 20 medkits per level lol

Thats why CEVO/Frusmod rules! Fuck the director and his shitty kit spawns.

Top Bottom